HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (Part XLIII)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 10:06 PM
  #826
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Hossa wins it in OT. So...
16-0-3?
Insanity.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:09 PM
  #827
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Hossa wins it in OT. So...
16-0-3?
Insanity.
I can't even comprehend it man. It's crazy...magine this place if it was the Rangers?

nevesis is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:11 PM
  #828
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hawks win. lol.

Such an exciting team to watch. All 4 lines have at least 2 puck carriers, their defense pinches at what seems the perfect time to hem teams in their own end. It's depressing watching this in comparison with the Rangers.

Rangers are ruining hockey, entertainment wise.
Finally something we agree on. It's painful watching them and I have a dog in the fight.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
  #829
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
I'll be interested to see how the Black Hawks respond when they hit a rough patch. That will be the real test. How they handle adversity.

29 games left.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
  #830
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Hawks win. lol.

Such an exciting team to watch. All 4 lines have at least 2 puck carriers, their defense pinches at what seems the perfect time to hem teams in their own end. It's depressing watching this in comparison with the Rangers.

Rangers are ruining hockey, entertainment wise.

Agreed. Picked a hell of a year for them to be my second team.

Its night and day.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:27 PM
  #831
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
I just read the Hawks PGT. So depressing. That should be us. Or at least something halfway decent, not this garbage that we have now. Boring and terrible. What a combination.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:45 PM
  #832
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 500
I wish I had Center Ice or GCL so I could watch some of the West games

JohnC is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:18 PM
  #833
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I wish I had Center Ice or GCL so I could watch some of the West games
im watching Kings and Ducks.. and i wont be shocked if Getzlaf and Perry resign with the Ducks. they are doing very well.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:34 PM
  #834
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
I don't understand how the Flyers have played 4 more games than us at this point. I can understand maybe having 2 games on hand. I'm surprised the schedule could work in such a way. Weird schedule.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:17 AM
  #835
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
I don't understand how the Flyers have played 4 more games than us at this point. I can understand maybe having 2 games on hand. I'm surprised the schedule could work in such a way. Weird schedule.
Rangers got lucky with a small amount of back to back games this season. I don't think they had one back to back in February.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:24 AM
  #836
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Rangers got lucky with a small amount of back to back games this season. I don't think they had one back to back in February.
Our next is March 8th I think. I think we got unlucky having 2 sets of back-to-backs in the first week of the season though.

Doctor King Schultz is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:26 AM
  #837
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I'll be interested to see how the Black Hawks respond when they hit a rough patch. That will be the real test. How they handle adversity.

29 games left.



Exactly.

darko is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 05:54 AM
  #838
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
With a solid defense and scoring all over the place and a puck on a string PP Hawks shouldn't come across much adversity.
Only Achilles heal I see is possibly goaltending and this far it's been air tight .
Very smart franchise lately. After cup let some big pieces walk , re tooled and within 3 years back to being the elite .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:36 AM
  #839
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
With a solid defense and scoring all over the place and a puck on a string PP Hawks shouldn't come across much adversity.
Only Achilles heal I see is possibly goaltending and this far it's been air tight .
Very smart franchise lately. After cup let some big pieces walk , re tooled and within 3 years back to being the elite .
Well. Be fair. This is another franchise that tanked for years on end to land their two franchise forwards.

Keith is a second round pick.
Seabrook and Leddy are first round picks.

Hossa was a free agent.

The Rangers defense is comparable. McDonagh, Staal, Del Zotto were first round picks. Girardi undrafted. Stralman a 7th round pick free agent.

Our goaltending is superior.

The HUGE difference is with our forwards. A mash up of two overpaid free agents, one high priced trade acquisition.

The identity among the forward corp is lost right now.

And like Chicago did, LA, and others before them, the Rangers will have to rid themselves of some fat and retool to fit the identity they are seeking if they want to win.

Richards and Gaborik need to be gone.

They need to shore up the center position. Teams win down the middle, defense, and goaltending.

O'Reilly
Stepan
Miller

Would be a good start in the middle.

Focus on wingers with speed and work ethic. No more overpaid disinterested disengaged fragile divas on the wing.

The Rangers can find their success being built more akin to what the Devils were (as much as we don't want to hear it or admit it) because that's what we are when we are successful. Elite goaltending, deep defense, strong down the middle, fast, tenacious, and very stingy defensively.

We aren't the Black Hawks. We aren't the Penguins. We need to stop trying to be them.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:42 AM
  #840
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
This ^ great post

Dorado* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #841
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,929
vCash: 500
Bobby Mac tweeting on re-alignment now...

Top 3 teams from each division make playoffs. 2 wild card teams from East and West also make playoffs (so, next two best records despite division, so, theoretically one division could have 5 playoff berths). Says 1v4 format remains, doesn't know how they'll fit wild cards into that


silverfish is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
  #842
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,848
vCash: 500
NHL playoff format under realignment. Rangers in the conference with Pitt,Jersey,Philly,NYI,Canes,Caps and BJs. Wings in the other east division with BOS,Habs,Sabres,Leafs,OTT,FLA and TB. TSN discussed it last night. McKenzie tweeted it today. From: @TSNBobMcKenzie
Sent: Feb 26, 2013 11:56a

Top 3 teams in each of two 8-team East conferences make the playoffs. Two wild cards from remaining 10 East teams also make the playoffs.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...47684552773632

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
  #843
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,848
vCash: 500
Elliotte Friedman was first to report the additions of Columbus and Detroit to the east. Nash will see plenty of Columbus. Its good and bad. 5 of the original 6 are in the east. No more Hawks and Wings. The Leafs used to be in west which made no sense.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
  #844
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,929
vCash: 500
Here's how I'd want it to work if these WC slots actually take fruition.

Let's say...

Pens, Rangers, Devils, Flyers, Caps make the playoffs in that division

And...

Bruins, Red Wings, Habs make the playoffs in this division.

Pens should take the Caps (benefit of your own conference having 5 teams, top seed in heavy conference gets worst record of WC berths). Bruins get the Flyers. 2/3 seeds remain untouched and play each other.

silverfish is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:16 AM
  #845
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,042
vCash: 659
Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5?

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
  #846
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5?
You have 29 friends, but it's hard to hang out with all of them at the same time.

6 of your friends, your favorite of the bunch, you see 6 times a year, three at your house, and three at their's. You see your other 23 friends twice a year, once at your house and once at theirs.

At the end of the school year, you and two other friends from your favorites get to keep hanging out with each other during summer vacation. It's the same in the other groups, whose own top 3 continue to be friends during summer. On top of that, the two groups of top six friends from each side of the classroom get to pick another two friends from their own side who also get to keep hanging out during the summer.

Unfortunately it appears that no one knows how to dictate the order in who hangs out with who first once summer vacation begins.

silverfish is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
  #847
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,042
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You have 29 friends, but it's hard to hang out with all of them at the same time.

6 of your friends, your favorite of the bunch, you see 6 times a year, three at your house, and three at their's. You see your other 23 friends twice a year, once at your house and once at theirs.

At the end of the school year, you and two other friends from your favorites get to keep hanging out with each other during summer vacation. It's the same in the other groups, whose own top 3 continue to be friends during summer. On top of that, the two groups of top six friends from each side of the classroom get to pick another two friends from their own side who also get to keep hanging out during the summer.

Unfortunately it appears that no one knows how to dictate the order in who hangs out with who first once summer vacation begins.
Thanks. So now there are 16 Eastern friends and 14 Western friends? Isn't that still imbalanced?

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
  #848
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Thanks. So now there are 16 Eastern friends and 14 Western friends? Isn't that still imbalanced?
Yes. But with 30 friends split into 4 groups, there is always going to be balance issues. I think the teacher believes that since there aren't really 2 sides to the classroom, the imbalance between 16 and 14 doesn't even exist.

silverfish is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
  #849
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,042
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Yes. But with 30 friends split into 4 groups, there is always going to be balance issues. I think the teacher believes that since there aren't really 2 sides to the classroom, the imbalance between 16 and 14 doesn't even exist.
But don't the two "wildcard" summer friends come from those two classes?

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
  #850
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
But don't the two "wildcard" summer friends come from those two classes?
LOL I'm lost in my own analogy.

Yeah, they do. It's very strange... But I can't think of a way to handle it unless they do one 8 and on 7 group of friends on each side

What's really going to be interesting is if the league does visit expansion. Unless they go like, Kansas City (blegh) and Seattle, which would even the league to 8 x 4. But if they want to put a team back in Quebec, or anywhere in the East for that matter, it's going to get messy.

silverfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.