HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 12:33 AM
  #476
arglebargle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Still makes me laugh that the Rangers shipped him off to Columbus. That will teach him for trying to pick and choose what team he plays for. I don't even like Calgary,but that was a ****** move on his part.
Can't blame a guy for not wanting to play for the Flames. They have had bad management for a while now.

arglebargle is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:48 AM
  #477
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Brent Wallace did a porno?

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:59 AM
  #478
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,459
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
Can't blame a guy for not wanting to play for the Flames. They have had bad management for a while now.
I think it was more of a problem with their depth. He would be stuck in the AHL if he went with them. They keep signing vets and only give 1 or 2 kids a shot. I think at the time Ottawa would have made a better team for him then the Rangers, but it is what it is.

Qward is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:55 AM
  #479
bacon25
Registered User
 
bacon25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Group Study Room F
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Would love to have Danny Briere if the Sens are in a playoff position come trade deadline. He is clutch and the Flyers may be looking to rebuild.

bacon25 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 05:37 AM
  #480
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
Would love to have Danny Briere if the Sens are in a playoff position come trade deadline. He is clutch and the Flyers may be looking to rebuild.
Apparently age is catching up to him in a big way.

From what I've heard from Philly fans, they're pretty eager to get rid of him. If we were to acquire him, $6.5mil for 2 years after this one is a pretty big overpayment for a guy who has lost a step.

I'm not against adding him for a playoff run, but I am saying I wouldn't sell the farm (or possibly even a Fisher Price farm playset) for him. Philly dumping his huge cap hit for the next two years helps them immensely. I'm not prepared to do them any favors unless it has a real, tangible benefit for us.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:03 AM
  #481
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Is it just me or does Scrivens' helmate look too big for him?



Idk why but it's always bothered me lol.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:07 AM
  #482
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,459
vCash: 265
We don't play until Thursday, with this compacted schedule if Murray was going to make a trade before we got close to the deadline now would be the best time.

Qward is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:17 AM
  #483
Flamingo
Registered User
 
Flamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
We don't play until Thursday, with this compacted schedule if Murray was going to make a trade before we got close to the deadline now would be the best time.
MacLean fed us a rumour in the post-game presser last night. Bishop to Kings (e3).

Flamingo is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
  #484
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Unless we go on a real slide I don't think GMBM makes any moves until the deadline.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.
On the contrary, if we continue to win and are in the playoff mix at the 30-35 game mark, I think Murray might consider a trade, albeit a rental.

If we go on a slide and are on the outside looking in, I don't think he makes any deal for a short-term boost that would cost us a young player or a pick in the first 3 rounds.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:44 AM
  #485
Bileur
Registered User
 
Bileur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Is it just me or does Scrivens' helmate look too big for him?



Idk why but it's always bothered me lol.
I'm always more focused on his weird glove hand positioning, just odd.

Bileur is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:47 AM
  #486
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
If he keeps it up maybe, seems a bit much for a guy who hasn't been in the playoffs
See return for: Lindback, Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
Mark Stone to Phoenix for Zybi Michalek.

Unite the brothers.
I barfed in my mouth a little.

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:54 AM
  #487
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Rather our Michalek to Phoenix for Yandle

Michael Stone - what's he all about? Mark's brother I know and he's just up from the AHL

operasen is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
  #488
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 500
Need too add scoring help or at least a threat

Simon Gagne for a 3rd

LW help pp and could slide into 2nd line row

Nizzy is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM
  #489
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Rather our Michalek to Phoenix for Yandle

Michael Stone - what's he all about? Mark's brother I know and he's just up from the AHL
I would work a trade with Michalek + something for Yandle, anyone have any idea what Phoenix needs? checked out their roster and AHL roster - looks like forwards to me.

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
  #490
BankStreetParade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
I would work a trade with Michalek + something for Yandle, anyone have any idea what Phoenix needs? checked out their roster and AHL roster - looks like forwards to me.
An owner...

BankStreetParade is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:25 AM
  #491
Bazel5
Registered User
 
Bazel5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
I would work a trade with Michalek + something for Yandle, anyone have any idea what Phoenix needs? checked out their roster and AHL roster - looks like forwards to me.
I'm pretty sure they can use another center. Vermette and Hanzal are their 1st and second

Bazel5 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
  #492
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 500
Brandon Gormley + Henrik Samuelsson

for

Milan Michalek and Ben Bishop

Nizzy is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:44 AM
  #493
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
____ for Valterri Filppula

__________________
Marty Straka
Twitter: @JT_YosH
Marty Straka is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
  #494
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
An owner...
Nicely Played.

Filppula would be awesome

operasen is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
  #495
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Apparently age is catching up to him in a big way.

From what I've heard from Philly fans, they're pretty eager to get rid of him. If we were to acquire him, $6.5mil for 2 years after this one is a pretty big overpayment for a guy who has lost a step.

I'm not against adding him for a playoff run, but I am saying I wouldn't sell the farm (or possibly even a Fisher Price farm playset) for him. Philly dumping his huge cap hit for the next two years helps them immensely. I'm not prepared to do them any favors unless it has a real, tangible benefit for us.
We've heard that before about Danny, but he's always great in the playoffs. If we could get him for cheap I'd jump at the chance.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
  #496
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Ok ive solved everything. Cujomi gets satisfied (yikes, that might have been phrased differently), the "upgrade the high end defence" group gets satisfied, and the we need an elite winger group gets satisfied.

Michalek, Puempel and a 1st for Yandle
Zibinejad, Weircoch for O'Reilly
$7.5 million to Perry as UFA

Turris moves to Spezza's wing on the LS

Turris (1.4) Spezza (7) Perry (7.5)
Silfverberg (.9) O'Reilly (4) Alfie (4.8)
Greening (.8) Smith (0.7) Neil (2)
Condra (.6) Regin (.8) O'Brien (.6)

Karlsson (6.5) Methot (3)
Cowen (1.2) Yandle (5.2)
Phillips (3) Benoit/Gryba (1)

Andy (3.1)
Bishop/Lehner (.6)

Forwards $31.8 million
Defence $19.9 million
Goalies $3.7 million

Total $55.4 million.

Awesome young team with loads of high end talent. Great size and speed.
Waaaay under the cap with our best players making their max a few decent raises along the way - no cap issues going forward.
No holes in this lineup and we still have Ceci, Noesen and Stone in the cupboard.

Ceci steps in for Phillips after next year, Stone slots into the 2nd line after Alfie retires - and we still have Noesen. not to mention any picks from the next 2 drafts.

Come on admit, you truly love this team.
Does it all fall apart because perry wont sign here, not enough for Yandle or we dont land O'reilly? or all three....

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
  #497
ARed
Registered User
 
ARed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orleans
Country: Canada
Posts: 210
vCash: 500
How many spots up do you think Bishop could move us in the first round of the draft?

ARed is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:36 AM
  #498
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARed View Post
How many spots up do you think Bishop could move us in the first round of the draft?
Depends where we draft.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
  #499
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Ok ive solved everything. Cujomi gets satisfied (yikes, that might have been phrased differently), the "upgrade the high end defence" group gets satisfied, and the we need an elite winger group gets satisfied.

Michalek, Puempel and a 1st for Yandle
Zibinejad, Weircoch for O'Reilly
$7.5 million to Perry as UFA

Turris moves to Spezza's wing on the LS

Turris (1.4) Spezza (7) Perry (7.5)
Silfverberg (.9) O'Reilly (4) Alfie (4.8)
Greening (.8) Smith (0.7) Neil (2)
Condra (.6) Regin (.8) O'Brien (.6)

Karlsson (6.5) Methot (3)
Cowen (1.2) Yandle (5.2)
Phillips (3) Benoit/Gryba (1)

Andy (3.1)
Bishop/Lehner (.6)

Forwards $31.8 million
Defence $19.9 million
Goalies $3.7 million

Total $55.4 million.

Awesome young team with loads of high end talent. Great size and speed.
Waaaay under the cap with our best players making their max a few decent raises along the way - no cap issues going forward.
No holes in this lineup and we still have Ceci, Noesen and Stone in the cupboard.

Ceci steps in for Phillips after next year, Stone slots into the 2nd line after Alfie retires - and we still have Noesen. not to mention any picks from the next 2 drafts.

Come on admit, you truly love this team.
Does it all fall apart because perry wont sign here, not enough for Yandle or we dont land O'reilly? or all three....
I can tell you put a lot of work in to this, and I appreciate that- but where are you coming up with some of these salaries? ie. Perry for next year, sure- but Turris goes to $3.5M and Alfie has no contract, Smith goes to $1.88M...

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
  #500
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,492
vCash: 1263
Would anyone here be willing to deal Turris for O'Reilly?

Legend Killer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.