HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny be good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I agree. Although I'm still enjoying the show, I'd prefer the focus to be on the zombies and not the governor and his town. The first couple episodes of the first season were the best IMO.
The zombies are the least interesting part of the show. Why would they be focused on?

Old
02-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Oxide

vCash: 175
Really the zombies are just an afterthought to all of the survivors now.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

vCash: 50
Agree with Walkingthroughforest & Oxide...

Glen Mazzara had a really good tweet from last weeks episode;

Glen Mazzara ‏@glenmazzara
Some feedback from last night's ep: Too slow. Too much action. Too much killing. Not enough killing. Too talky. Michonne's should talk more

Glen Mazzara ‏@glenmazzara
Character stuff is boring. We need more action. Too much action, not enough character.

I think the show has struck a really nice balance this season. Perfect mix of action and character driven dialogue this season. If people don't like what some call the "filler" episodes, they really need to realize that this show has never been about the zombies but instead about a group of people trying to learn how do deal with and survive in an apocalyptic world.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

I really liked the episode for some reason. It was slow, but I liked it. Next week looks awesome!

Old
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
I really liked the episode for some reason. It was slow, but I liked it. Next week looks awesome!
Same

Old
02-25-2013, 08:08 PM
dogbazinho

Has anyone considered that perhaps Tyresse's group is a plant by Rick?

Old
02-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

That has to be Morgan on the roof who pops that zombie in the preview.

Merle, Tyrese, Michonne and now probably Morgan.

Lots of bad ass characters to make things really interesting.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbazinho View Post
No.

Not really Walking Dead's style to do something like that.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:13 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbazinho View Post
Considering Rick was waving a loaded gun at his hallucination of Lori when he met Tyrese's group and then spent the next episode wandering around outside in a psychotic break, probably not. I would like to think Glen went running outside after them and said: "Okay guys. We just became a democracy again, and you guys are in if you can infiltrate this psycho madman's cult just up the road over there and help us bring it down. May the force be with you." but I doubt it.

-------------------------------------------------

And Andrea? You are here-->

It's getting really sad. With the heads in fishtanks, having sex with her while her friends are being beaten and tortured without telling her, trying to have Michonne killed just for leaving the cult compound, lying about everything including the sneak attack on the prison, you'd think a woman with half a brain would figure something out about the new man in her life. But nooooooooo. Now after everything, the guy starts arming the entire population of his little fiefdom, and Andrea goes to the prison to do...what? Like there's anything they can do about the Governor's attack plans.

"Rick's become cold". Stupidest line in the series by far. I'm seriously thinking Andrea might qualify as mentally handicapped by this point. Her character just exists to make horrible decisions and be unable to judge character. I'd have loaded up the trunk of the cop car with dynamite or something rigged with a 12 hour timer.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:32 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

I can kind of sympathize with Andrea in the sense that it's not unreasonable to think that a sick, stressed, worn-down person living in a zombie apocalyptic world would latch onto something that looked safe and homely (ie the Governor and Woodbury) based on first impressions.

It's pretty clear that her character is incredibly naive, that she's dug herself a huge hole and is plagued by internal conflict (the security, luxury, and attachment to the people of Woodbury, versus the intimate relationship she has with Rick's group). She's still trying to pursue the best possible end - the merger of the groups - even though she's beginning to see that it's never going to happen.

I think this was the episode where we finally see her break down over it, and in the next few episodes she'll come to her senses. She almost killed the Governor (at the very least seriously considered it), she finally learned the truth about Shane, and she's now heard both sides to the Woodbury v Ricktatorship conflict.

02-26-2013, 01:41 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I can kind of sympathize with Andrea in the sense that it's not unreasonable to think that a sick, stressed, worn-down person living in a zombie apocalyptic world would latch onto something that looked safe and homely (ie the Governor and Woodbury) based on first impressions.

It's pretty clear that her character is incredibly naive, that she's dug herself a huge hole and is plagued by internal conflict (the security, luxury, and attachment to the people of Woodbury, versus the intimate relationship she has with Rick's group). She's still trying to pursue the best possible end - the merger of the groups - even though she's beginning to see that it's never going to happen.

I think this was the episode where we finally see her break down over it, and in the next few episodes she'll come to her senses. She almost killed the Governor (at the very least seriously considered it), she finally learned the truth about Shane, and she's now heard both sides to the Woodbury v Ricktatorship conflict.
The problem is the writers seem to be trying to play her off as a hard-assed can-do character, when in reality all she ends up doing is looking like a naive moron. There is very rarely any internal struggle because we only see someone who acts like they have everything taken care of or knows how to handle a situation despite all the evidence to the contrary.

She has gone downhill ever since she shot Daryl in the head last season.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:34 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
The problem is the writers seem to be trying to play her off as a hard-assed can-do character, when in reality all she ends up doing is looking like a naive moron. There is very rarely any internal struggle because we only see someone who acts like they have everything taken care of or knows how to handle a situation despite all the evidence to the contrary.

She has gone downhill ever since she shot Daryl in the head last season.
Her reactions just don't make sense with the time frame on the show as well. Maybe it's down to the production staff being fired after every season, but the more I think about it the less sense it makes.

Seasons 1 and 2 took place over at least a couple of months. That's the time Andrea was bonding with the Rick Squad and Herschel's family. They were separated, and using Lori's pregnancy as a time reference, Andrea would've had to be hanging with Michonne for at least seven or eight more months. There's been that much more time for those two to develop at least some level of mutual trust, and Andrea's suddenly going to forget about all that the minute she strolls into Woodbury? The last, what, 5 episodes have taken place over 48-72 hours. Makeup's still giving Glen bruises from his beating from Merle. This isn't a slow buildup of little, niggling things that just don't add up over months or years. Andrea's learned about everything from the closet full of heads to the sneak attack in the last 2 or 3 days, and she's only supposed to have known her new hunka hunka burnin' headhunter love for maybe a couple of weeks at the most. Creature comforts aside, the level of emotional investment in Woodbury should be dwarfed by that for the Rick and company and certainly for Michonne. It's like: "Oh no, my boyfriend of barely two or three weeks with a nice house and open liquor cabinet has declared war on the people who sheltered and protected me for months and saved my life from zombies however many times, told everyone they're bloodthirsty terrorists, has kidnapped, tortured and tried to kill them without telling me, and, oh yeah, he keeps a closet of heads in fishtanks that I found out about yesterday. WHAT TO DO???!!!" There's a complete credibility gap that anyone with an IQ higher than a glass of water wouldn't be having.

Maybe it's just crap editing or something, but it's just not hanging together.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
jw2

Isn't she a lawyer on the show?

Old
02-26-2013, 09:19 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
No.

Not really Walking Dead's style to do something like that.
If Rick wouldnt have went crazy, they could have easily sent him to Woodbury as a plant

Old
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
If Rick wouldnt have went crazy, they could have easily sent him to Woodbury as a plant
I meant it's unlike TWD to have a secret to the fans plan going on.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Garbage Goal

Yeah wishing Andrea would die.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Still possible that someone other than Rick arranged it. Herschel, for example.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Anyone catch what Michonne said to Andrea when they were outside?

Did she say something like, "I'd never hurt you" ?

Old
02-26-2013, 10:47 AM
KeziaTML

My thoughts are that when Andrea met Tyrese, there was a discussion not shown on camera to the effect of " Go to Woodbury. Let's take it down together "

Although, at this point, there's no reason for Three-Dogs group to trust Ricks group more than the Governator.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Anyone catch what Michonne said to Andrea when they were outside?

Did she say something like, "I'd never hurt you" ?
I thought she said she attacked the governor to hurt Andrea..."I did it to hurt you" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
My thoughts are that when Andrea met Tyrese, there was a discussion not shown on camera to the effect of " Go to Woodbury. Let's take it down together "

Although, at this point, there's no reason for Three-Dogs group to trust Ricks group more than the Governator.
Oooh, so Andrea gets to be the hero that takes down the Gov by employing Tyreese in a scheme, and in doing so she saves Rick's group. The Andrea haters will love that...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I thought she said she attacked the governor to hurt Andrea..."I did it to hurt you" ???
I thought Michonne talked about the Gov sending people to kill her, then explained why she attacked him, followed by "I would never hurt you" or something along those lines.

Edit: Just checked this video and it sounds like she said "I knew that it would hurt you".

Last edited by Mr Jiggyfly: 02-26-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old
02-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Bocephus86

MY Prediction of next weeks episode (I have never read the comics at all):

Rick, Michonne and Carl are our scavenging and do their little part from the preview. Rest of the prison gets attacked by the governor with help from Tyreese's group. The governor either does or calls for something despicable (IE kill the baby, talk about killing the baby, allude to **** etc). Tyreese turns on the people his is will attacking the prison. At this same time Rick, Carl, Michonne and the mystery man return to the prison and end up flanking the governors forces sending them into a retreat.

Ive convinced myself that Tyreese will switch sides in this way but I could be wrong about the timing,

Or I could be completely wrong which is more likely

Old
02-26-2013, 12:26 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post

That would indicate several things -
- an un-seen discussion between Rick and Tyreese. To this point, the only interaction they had was when Rick flipped out, and the group left.
- an un-seen discussion as you mentioned, between Andrea and Tyreese discussing this 'backdoor' move
- Milton is ok with this, and wont tell the Gov, after just telling him Andrea was trying to go to the prison
- a conversation at the prison in which Andrea tells them of this plan.

Not out of the question, but we would need a nice little flash-back montage of these meetings for that to make sense. Not sure this is a twist these writers would go with.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
That would indicate several things -
- an un-seen discussion between Rick and Tyreese. To this point, the only interaction they had was when Rick flipped out, and the group left.
- an un-seen discussion as you mentioned, between Andrea and Tyreese discussing this 'backdoor' move
- Milton is ok with this, and wont tell the Gov, after just telling him Andrea was trying to go to the prison
- a conversation at the prison in which Andrea tells them of this plan.

Not out of the question, but we would need a nice little flash-back montage of these meetings for that to make sense. Not sure this is a twist these writers would go with.
Why would all of that have to take place?

Only this needs to take place:

"- an un-seen discussion as you mentioned, between Andrea and Tyreese discussing this 'backdoor' move"

Old
02-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

LOL, this ain't Sons of Anarchy here. There is no secret plan to take down the Gov by Tyreese's group.

Closed Thread