HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Anyone using Hockey Tron gear?

Old
09-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Devil Dancer

vCash: 500
Anyone using Hockey Tron gear?

Hockey Tron is selling its own line of equipment, and I'm wondering if anyone here is using anything from their line. A buddy of mine got their stick last week, and he loves it. Their stuff is certainly cheap, so if it's a good option I'd like to know.

http://www.hockeytron.com/tron-hocke...l#.UEymmI1lTYJ

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:28 AM
AIREAYE

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...nd-hockeytron/

Pretty much everything right there.

In my opinion? An absolute joke of a retailer.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:59 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I don't have any big gear from them, but I do have a pair of socks and a practice jersey. They are fine, nothing fancy.

The socks were because I couldn't find pink socks in her size for my daughter anywhere...except tron. They've been fine for her and she's happy cause they're pink.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post

Thanks, I read that entire thread start to finish, and it was helpful. I think I'll add them on Facebook to watch for sales, but I'll wait for my friend's reviews before diving in.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
OpenIceHit42

I have a couple pair of socks that are similar to the RBK. The RBK socks sucks compared to the Tron socks. They are more snug fitting than the RBK.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Bengerm77

I've got a visor from them. I took a stick to the face and it didn't shatter so I'm guessing that's a good sign.

Bengerm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Thepandamancan

I've tried their sticks...they feel OK and have lasted well enough for my friends.

Their practice jerseys feel cheap to me. It's thin, but not like...space age technology thin. The socks are worth getting I think. They'll probably rip sooner than the Reeboks, but you're paying half of what they cost.

Like the poster above me, I too just got their visor and it held up well. I don't see any difference, performance or cosmetic, over the Bauer visor it ripped off.

On the whole, their products are ok and some can be downright steals. Just don't expect too much from Chinese knockoffs.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Thesensation19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post

elaborate...

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Thesensation19

Tron Hockey Website

This is not just about the TRON sticks. I want to know more about Tron sticks and its quality but the sticks sold on the site are cheap as well!

Bauer to Easton. Sticks and all equipment. Very cheap. Is it legit? Can I trust thier sticks and the other companies they are selling

Old
02-25-2013, 10:38 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
elaborate...
My bias is mainly against two things with a few other peeves thrown in. The first is on their blatant and liberal use of other manufacturer's graphic schemes on their house products while claiming (from multiple accounts, completely incorrectly) a variety of 'features' and aspects to suggest (and in my opinion, mislead) consumers into thinking that they are getting a product that is not actually what it seems to be. Working in hockey retail and having some experience in equipment design, marketing and manufacturing has given me a strong appreciation for the hard work of those in the industry, given how difficult it is to succeed in a small market. It irks me to no end that these guys get away with it.

The second is for their baffling quality of customer service, or specifically, their inconsistency. OptimusReim in that thread went through a horrendous experience that absolutely boggles my mind. It's ridiculous to think that they would allow their business to be run by treating people like that. Of course, many people have had good experiences as well and considering that this is a smaller business (than say, a big box corporate chain), it's unfortunate that the inconsistency is there. This bias comes from my retail experience; we put a huge amount of effort into our customer service, and it paid of. Personally, I take tremendous pride in treating people right.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:05 AM
SCBruCrew4

I cant add too much that hasn't already been said. I bought they're visor and for the $25 I spent, I'm happy. I don't play in a league just do pick-up and there's very little contact so it has held up. I haven't taken anything off the visor directly yet (and don't want too) but I know just by the feel of it that it is solid.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Also that some of their product images are stolen from other companies and then photoshopped with their logo.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Also that some of their product images are stolen from other companies and then photoshopped with their logo.
I've seen companies like Don Simmons and Battram do similar things and no one complains about them. Why are people treating Tron differently in that aspect?

Personally I'm happy there is a company out there that undercuts the pricing scheme of the others out there. Hopefully in the long run it'll help bring prices down overall .

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I've seen companies like Don Simmons and Battram do similar things and no one complains about them. Why are people treating Tron differently in that aspect?

Personally I'm happy there is a company out there that undercuts the pricing scheme of the others out there. Hopefully in the long run it'll help bring prices down overall .
You'll hear some goalie gurus that will say the same thing about those two companies, but we're talking about Tron in this thread.

Last edited by AIREAYE: 02-26-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post

That's the gist of it. If you're expecting their products to perform like the products they clearly are copying then you don't get what they're trying to do. I work by the Los Alamitos store, have been in a few times and have bought some supplies. I'm real picky about my equipment and would rather pay high end prices for stuff I really like, that fits and has some technology I like rather than go cheap and buy more stuff in a couple of months. But, they aren't marketing to me. I was told they are a consignment store so they get stuff that didn't sell in other hockey stores so they have cheaper prices. That was disputed in the ModSquad thread I believe but I'm just going off what I was told in a face to face conversation. Undercutting is needed in the hockey industry since we are now being sold $800 skates and $250 sticks and the prices will continue to go up. Still, it's a free market, you can buy what you want. IMO, Tron is a store for the player that is on a very tight budget, students, parents, people like that who would be using broken down equipment and now they can buy stuff that is close to high end without paying high end price. And remember I have no input on the shipping portion of their business since I have access to their store in person. And no, I do not work for them.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've never heard of those companies. Can't comment on them.

For me I would personally rather buy mid-range gear from a known manufacturer than high-end gear from a questionable one.

But I have a teammate who started using some Tron stick a month ago and he's still using it, so that's got to say something. He's always showing up with oddball gear though. One of the first guys I saw who used BASE, used a couple sticks with no markings on them last year (just carbon fiber), and now the Tron.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:13 PM
chickennecker

I bought an gear bag(grey one with shoulder straps) from them, with a coupon for $21. Has been going strong for about a year, no complaints from me. Shipping was extremely fast too. very intersted in there gloves and shoulders, but just cant pull the trigger with out getting my hands on them first.

A friend had the 405 stick,took a couple shots with it but it was a p88 curve so the rocker really threw me. seemed ok and was very very light. hes been using it about 4 months now but plays very low level hockey, which imo is the perfect person for tron gear

chickennecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:43 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That's the gist of it. If you're expecting their products to perform like the products they clearly are copying then you don't get what they're trying to do. I work by the Los Alamitos store, have been in a few times and have bought some supplies. I'm real picky about my equipment and would rather pay high end prices for stuff I really like, that fits and has some technology I like rather than go cheap and buy more stuff in a couple of months. But, they aren't marketing to me. I was told they are a consignment store so they get stuff that didn't sell in other hockey stores so they have cheaper prices. That was disputed in the ModSquad thread I believe but I'm just going off what I was told in a face to face conversation. Undercutting is needed in the hockey industry since we are now being sold $800 skates and $250 sticks and the prices will continue to go up. Still, it's a free market, you can buy what you want. IMO, Tron is a store for the player that is on a very tight budget, students, parents, people like that who would be using broken down equipment and now they can buy stuff that is close to high end without paying high end price. And remember I have no input on the shipping portion of their business since I have access to their store in person. And no, I do not work for them.
In regards to the first bolded section, price continue to go up due to (in part) the fact that people will continue to buy high end gear at those prices. Tron's market is different from those who have no problem buying high end gear at regular price. If you compare prices for top end sticks for example, from the past several years, they have all hovered around 250-310 (CDN). It seems that nominally, they have not increased by much.

The second point I would tend to agree with and having that position as any business is absolutely fair and admirable. What isn't admirable is how they go about presenting what they have to offer.

Last edited by AIREAYE: 02-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I've never heard of those companies. Can't comment on them.

For me I would personally rather buy mid-range gear from a known manufacturer than high-end gear from a questionable one.

But I have a teammate who started using some Tron stick a month ago and he's still using it, so that's got to say something. He's always showing up with oddball gear though. One of the first guys I saw who used BASE, used a couple sticks with no markings on them last year (just carbon fiber), and now the Tron.
the BASE sticks are a bit different than the TRON stuff imo, the base clinic will bring you in and have you shoot several different flexes and lengths and then custom design a stick based on that. Tron just mocks other companies stuff.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh for sure, I didn't mean at all that BASE was the same type of company, just saying this guy brings in stuff off the beaten path. I like BASE although I wish I could just go and buy the stuff directly considering all the affiliates around here!

Old
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Thesensation19

I am sorry but you guys really need to elaborate more. I mean, dude from China lol needs to stop being so generic. Give us examples cuz so far youve shown me nothing.

I mean everything else, Im basically waiting for one guy to say his stick broke and he hates Tron for it and then see the whole positive view on it crumble.

Im looking for an array of sticks I can buy. Not looking for CRAZY technology. Looking for a basic one piece composite stick that would have been cool if it came out lets say 5 years ago. Most IMPORTANT in a stick is it durable.

I just want to know if I play a 5 games of open hockey or 2 games of contact competitive hockey will the thing break...

My S19 was a beauty and still is one of my favorites but in 2 months the blade broke. Paid $230 after taxes and all for it.

Will the tron break on me if i take a slapshot. Will it crumble after 2-3 monthes. I just found one on ebay for 35 bucks lol

Old
02-26-2013, 06:23 PM
TheeNorthStar

Im a fan of their visors.. I have 2. Just in case one gets scratched or messed up. Thats about it though.

Other than that.. I stick with the established brand manufacturers ...

I have had questionable instances with their shipping prices but if youre on MSH .. IM sure you read it already... but yeah, not gonna get into that.

They have ok stuff and some good deals fairly often i read but .. pretty questionable retailer in terms of nickel and diming you on shipping (at least in my experience) / bad customer services.

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
I am sorry but you guys really need to elaborate more. I mean, dude from China lol needs to stop being so generic. Give us examples cuz so far youve shown me nothing.

I mean everything else, Im basically waiting for one guy to say his stick broke and he hates Tron for it and then see the whole positive view on it crumble.

Im looking for an array of sticks I can buy. Not looking for CRAZY technology. Looking for a basic one piece composite stick that would have been cool if it came out lets say 5 years ago. Most IMPORTANT in a stick is it durable.

I just want to know if I play a 5 games of open hockey or 2 games of contact competitive hockey will the thing break...

My S19 was a beauty and still is one of my favorites but in 2 months the blade broke. Paid $230 after taxes and all for it.

Will the tron break on me if i take a slapshot. Will it crumble after 2-3 monthes. I just found one on ebay for 35 bucks lol
You asked a generic question and was given a generic answer.

Nowhere in your previous posts did you ask about durability.

And you sure have a **** attitude for someone who's making an inquiry.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
You asked a generic question and was given a generic answer.

Nowhere in your previous posts did you ask about durability.

And you sure have a **** attitude for someone who's making an inquiry.
And there is no way to say a particular stick is more durable than another. How did you break a stick? How much do you weigh? Are you a hack? What skill level are you? Do you run around the rink and drop Al Iafrate bombs or are you wristing and passing like Adam Oates? There are tons of variables when it goes into stick performance and the only true test is to buy one and find out (the reason Hockey Tron exists-some people don't like dropping $270 on a CCM RBZ only to find out they don't like it). As for the OP's question the whole point of Hockey Tron is you can almost buy 2 of their sticks that are painted exactly like an S19 instead of the real S19.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
And there is no way to say a particular stick is more durable than another. How did you break a stick? How much do you weigh? Are you a hack? What skill level are you? Do you run around the rink and drop Al Iafrate bombs or are you wristing and passing like Adam Oates? There are tons of variables when it goes into stick performance and the only true test is to buy one and find out (the reason Hockey Tron exists-some people don't like dropping $270 on a CCM RBZ only to find out they don't like it). As for the OP's question the whole point of Hockey Tron is you can almost buy 2 of their sticks that are painted exactly like an S19 instead of the real S19.

lol they are chara bombs and crosby dishes, lol iafrate and oates

PS, i used oates in a post on the oilers board today lol

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote