HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 10:08 PM
  #601
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 118,206
vCash: 157
Flyers D is reallly bad

Lost 3-2 to Leafs tonight and continues to struggle

Bryz plays well = D sucks
Bryz plays bad = offense sucks
Bryz plays well + D plays well = No offense

Lavi is on hot seat

Voracek continues to shine though for Flyers

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:40 PM
  #602
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Flyers D is reallly bad

Lost 3-2 to Leafs tonight and continues to struggle

Bryz plays well = D sucks
Bryz plays bad = offense sucks
Bryz plays well + D plays well = No offense

Lavi is on hot seat

Voracek continues to shine though for Flyers
They actually lost by two.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 10:49 PM
  #603
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Flyers D is reallly bad

Lost 3-2 to Leafs tonight and continues to struggle

Bryz plays well = D sucks
Bryz plays bad = offense sucks
Bryz plays well + D plays well = No offense

Lavi is on hot seat

Voracek continues to shine though for Flyers
The score was 4-2.

...and it should be noted the Leafs are a greatly improved team this year...it's not just that the flyers are playing badly.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
  #604
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,317
vCash: 500
D in the East is pretty bad, not only with the Flyers...


have to say I found some respect for Luongo.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:22 AM
  #605
committedindian86
Teuvo Time
 
committedindian86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
The score was 4-2.

...and it should be noted the Leafs are a greatly improved team this year...it's not just that the flyers are playing badly.
Ironic that JVR leads the Leafs in goals right now

committedindian86 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:01 AM
  #606
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
I didn't stay up for the Ducks/Kings game since I had to be up early, but I just got the good news.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:03 AM
  #607
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Also, why the hell has Boston only played 15 games?

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:13 AM
  #608
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Also, why the hell has Boston only played 15 games?
The blizzard that happened 2 weeks ago made them miss at least 1 game for sure.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
  #609
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,512
vCash: 500
Montreal, Carolina, Toronto, Ottowa, Tampa all playoff teams in the East, what the hell is going on over there?

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:47 AM
  #610
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 25,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Montreal, Carolina, Toronto, Ottowa, Tampa all playoff teams in the East, what the hell is going on over there?
run and gun offense style... whoever scores more goals than the usual 2.x per game will win it. Just watch those Pens/Flyers games and you see it. D isn't something they know

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
  #611
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,156
vCash: 500
Tampa isn't surprising to me. they added carle and salo to shore up their weak defense and their offense was going to be good. goalie play has also been decent, that is a mild surprise.

Carolina also isn't surprising. added semin and jordan staal.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
  #612
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,512
vCash: 500
Carolina has a negative goal differential

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
  #613
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 59,893
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Tampa isn't surprising to me. they added carle and salo to shore up their weak defense and their offense was going to be good. goalie play has also been decent, that is a mild surprise.
Goalie play has been decent? Their starter has a 3+ GAA and sub .900 SV%. Garon has been a little better than that, but nothing mind blowing by any stretch of the imagination, and has only started 5 games. Their defense has been brutal this year, and it's the offense that has been carrying the team.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:57 AM
  #614
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 59,893
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Carolina has a negative goal differential
The 10-5-4 Devils, in 7th place, also have a -1 goal differential.


Hell the Preds are 4th in the WC and are -3.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
  #615
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 59,893
vCash: 50
Speaking of the Bolts, their guy Panik knocked Girgensons out cold.



RayP is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
  #616
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Montreal, Carolina, Toronto, Ottowa, Tampa all playoff teams in the East, what the hell is going on over there?
The East sucks as usual.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
  #617
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 118,206
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Also, why the hell has Boston only played 15 games?
Can only play when available

NHL schedule makers had to make things work ,, Bruins will have heavy stretches later in year

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
  #618
Kurtosis
RTJ
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 19,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The East sucks as usual.
It is funny you say that because I have seen some fans from East teams downplay the Hawks by stating that the West is weak this year.

I don't see, however, that someone could make a case either way. There is no inter-conference play this year, so there is no real way to measure what conference is superior.

Kurtosis is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
  #619
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
It is funny you say that because I have seen some fans from East teams downplay the Hawks by stating that the West is weak this year.

I don't see, however, that someone could make a case either way. There is no inter-conference play this year, so there is no real way to measure what conference is superior.
The West has dominated the East over the last 3 years, maybe more. The East fans are just saying the East is better this year because there is no proof otherwise since they don't have the chance to get beat by the West this year. It's pathetic.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:13 PM
  #620
Kurtosis
RTJ
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 19,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The West has dominated the East over the last 3 years, maybe more. The East fans are just saying the East is better this year because there is no proof otherwise since they don't have the chance to get beat by the West this year. It's pathetic.
Yeah I know and agree with your point(s), but at least this year one cannot assume either way which side is better because there will be no games between the two conferences.

Kurtosis is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
  #621
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yeah I know and agree with your point(s), but at least this year one cannot assume either way which side is better because there will be no games between the two conferences.
Agreed, I guess I'm just saying the play in the West has been better all year IMO.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
  #622
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,177
vCash: 500
I find, on average, the eastern teams more entertaining to watch than the western teams.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:25 PM
  #623
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I find, on average, the eastern teams more entertaining to watch than the western teams.
More entertaining, definitely, but better hockey...no, the defense (or lack thereof) is kind of embarrassing in some games.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
  #624
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
As a Ranger fan and Easterner, I find Western games to be more exciting.


I was under the impression that the 4 Conferences were separate and had nothing to do with East/West but apparently not.

Theres a poster on our board who for some reason loves to refer to the Blackhawks as the "Black Hawks" (its 2013, not 1980), and says that Chicago "tanked for years on end for their franchise players." Hes trying to lay out a blueprint for similarities between the Rangers/Blackhawks. Just thought id share to see what other fans opinions are on "tanking." He also says some other 'brilliant' stuff not even worth mentioning.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
  #625
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 118,206
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Montreal, Carolina, Toronto, Ottowa, Tampa all playoff teams in the East, what the hell is going on over there?
Not really that shocking outside of Ottawa not falling apart with all there injuries

-Carolina improved over summer (Added Semin/Staal)
-Habs are healthy this year (Markov makes a huge difference)
-Leafs were playoff team before there collapse last year
-TB has stable enough G/D this year ,, Much better then last year

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.