HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #16 - 2013 Offseason edition ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 05:07 PM
  #226
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,611
vCash: 500
TorMenT's next post will be at 5:05.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:10 PM
  #227
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
I see what you did there. I thought about waiting until then to post but I know I'd forget or miss by a minute.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 05:17 PM
  #228
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Brady signs an extremely cap friend 3 year $27M extension.


So he'll be making half of what say Flacco or Brees will be making annually?
Man what an *******. Obviously not a team player.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
  #229
GGGHawks18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
I think they sign LT Brandon Albert because the Chiefs are going to tag Bowe and draft the LT from A&M first overall. With that being said, my mock draft,

1. TE Tyler Efiert Notre Dame
2. OT Oday Aboushi Virginia
4. CB Terry Hawthorne Illinois
5. QB Landry Jones Oklahoma
6. WR Marquise Goodwin Texas

GGGHawks18 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 06:18 PM
  #230
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGHawks18 View Post
I think they sign LT Brandon Albert because the Chiefs are going to tag Bowe and draft the LT from A&M first overall. With that being said, my mock draft,

1. TE Tyler Efiert Notre Dame
2. OT Oday Aboushi Virginia
4. CB Terry Hawthorne Illinois
5. QB Landry Jones Oklahoma
6. WR Marquise Goodwin Texas
I'd be fine with targeting a MLB in the 2nd or 4th. Chase Thomas, Sio Moore and Mike Matui intrest me there.

Te'o won't be there and I'm admittedly not happy with how he performed today. He might be a better fit elsewhere.

We also may be better off looking at interior linemen. There's better value for them later in the draft. Jonathan Cooper is a name that shows up a lot.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:42 AM
  #231
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
I'd hope to get Minter or Te'o in the 2nd. Can't ignore the D this year. Free Agency will be huge for us. Hope we hear something about Tillman and Peppers soon. Could get about 8 Million Cap Space out of those 2 while keeping them on the team longer. That's the Cap Hit we really need for Melton to stay. If Melton walks too, we will end up with a LT in Free Agency and a bigger DT than Melton is.
With the quality TEs in Free Agency, I think we will look at MBennett or Keller. They won't get big contracts and would help us from day 1. Can get a TE in Round 4 or even 5

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:00 AM
  #232
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,216
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
so teo its just having a miserable past 2 months. looks horrible in nc, gf scandal, and now ran a 4.82. wouldn't be shocked to see him outside the first round now
Teo stock is dropping bigtime

Looking more and more like a 2nd rounder


Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:38 AM
  #233
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
I really start to wonder who ends up drafting Te'o. That bama game, the combine. This really hurt his stock. I don't think the GF story hurt his stock.

Bears would be wise to draft a ILB this year. Free Agency has to improve the OL and TE. Having Urlacher on the field and mentoring the drafted guy would help too. Minter looks like the perfect replacement. Ogletree did some dumb stuff in the past. Not what Emery is looking for.

Emery likes character, leadership and personality paired with football IQ and instincts.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:55 AM
  #234
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I really start to wonder who ends up drafting Te'o. That bama game, the combine. This really hurt his stock. I don't think the GF story hurt his stock.

Bears would be wise to draft a ILB this year. Free Agency has to improve the OL and TE. Having Urlacher on the field and mentoring the drafted guy would help too. Minter looks like the perfect replacement. Ogletree did some dumb stuff in the past. Not what Emery is looking for.

Emery likes character, leadership and personality paired with football IQ and instincts.
Minter looked marginally worse than Te'o in every drill and ran a 4.82. I don't see how you can upgrade him over Te'o. If we still have those pass protection responsibilities for the MLB, I can't see us using a high pick on him.

Mike Matui from Penn State works for me. Great leader and can't complain with a 4th round value.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:57 AM
  #235
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
I bet he goes to Denver. He'd be an upgrade over Keith Brooking and all.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
  #236
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Minter looked marginally worse than Te'o in every drill and ran a 4.82. I don't see how you can upgrade him over Te'o. If we still have those pass protection responsibilities for the MLB, I can't see us using a high pick on him.

Mike Matui from Penn State works for me. Great leader and can't complain with a 4th round value.
I think they are worth that 2nd round pick. One of them will be available. I don't draft because of the combine. The combine seperates players that are ranked equally. Game tap and the chatters with them are much much more important than those numbers.

I don't think Mauti will be available in Round 4 when we draft. Trade down with the 1st and draft him with that extra 3rd we would get would work for me.

OL with that later 1st, TE with the 2nd and ILB with the acquired 3rd - assuming we keep Melton

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:17 AM
  #237
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,218
vCash: 500
Teo clocked a 4.8 in the 40. Awful considering he weighs only 240 something.

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
  #238
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Teo clocked a 4.8 in the 40. Awful considering he weighs only 240 something.
Welcome to page 8 of this thread

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
  #239
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 57,585
vCash: 50
Desmond Bryant mug shot.




RayP is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
  #240
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
Guy looks like he should be in a freak show, don't try to tell me he hasn't been on PEDs. That mug shot is hilarious though, up there with Nolte.


Last edited by digdug41982: 02-26-2013 at 12:32 PM.
digdug41982 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:54 PM
  #241
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I think they are worth that 2nd round pick. One of them will be available. I don't draft because of the combine. The combine seperates players that are ranked equally. Game tap and the chatters with them are much much more important than those numbers.

I don't think Mauti will be available in Round 4 when we draft. Trade down with the 1st and draft him with that extra 3rd we would get would work for me.

OL with that later 1st, TE with the 2nd and ILB with the acquired 3rd - assuming we keep Melton
Switch the OL and TE and I agree on how that should go. Trading down is the ideal situation but I'm not sure how many teams will want to go up to 20 from a lower 1st round slot.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:55 PM
  #242
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Desmond Bryant mug shot.



Couldn't hang with the best of em

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
  #243
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Switch the OL and TE and I agree on how that should go. Trading down is the ideal situation but I'm not sure how many teams will want to go up to 20 from a lower 1st round slot.
49ers have 14 picks without the coming Smith trade... for them it makes the most sense to trade up and get the guy they really want. Bears could get some good picks for trading down those 11 spots. Could even get 2 3rds or a 3rd and 4th to the 1st they would get.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
  #244
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
49ers have 14 picks without the coming Smith trade... for them it makes the most sense to trade up and get the guy they really want. Bears could get some good picks for trading down those 11 spots. Could even get 2 3rds or a 3rd and 4th to the 1st they would get.
Depends if they trade for Revis.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:37 AM
  #245
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
yep, but I don't see it. They could hand the picks they get for Smith to the Jets and get Revis for it. Contract situation keeps his trade price down

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
  #246
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,611
vCash: 500
Alex Smith is a Chief.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:55 PM
  #247
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Was hoping they'd get Nick Foles. Oh well.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:15 PM
  #248
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Ok, I'll do some wacko stuff here, but whatever.

Trade 1st pick down to 24 (Colts trade up to take Fluker), acquire 3rd as well

1. Eifert TE
2. Kyle Long G/RT
3. Ryan Swope WR
4. Justin Pugh RT/G

We address two interior line positions, possibly one RT since both guys have the capability, the slot WR position, and acquire a dynamic, well-rounded TE.

I wouldn't mind getting an MLB anywhere in there excluding the first. Arthur Brown, Sio Moore, Matui, and Chase Thomas all work for me.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:54 PM
  #249
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
lots of talk about Revis and the 9ers in the media, but need to consider that Crabtree needs a new contract soon as does Kaepernick, ASmith and the OLine.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
  #250
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,197
vCash: 500
How about trading 20 to San Fran and getting 34, 63, and 78?

Illinihockey is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.