HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks Win 3-2 over the Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
What did you guys think of Yakupov ducking to avoid Carcillos hit 2 feet away from the boards?

Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Pretty shady technique.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
What did you guys think of Yakupov ducking to avoid Carcillos hit 2 feet away from the boards?
Well, I know I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen when Leddy stepped out of the way at the last second and Grier went through the glass so I am not going to say anything against it. You have to protect yourself.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, I know I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen when Leddy stepped out of the way at the last second and Grier went through the glass so I am not going to say anything against it. You have to protect yourself.
There are other ways to protect yourself, like absorbing the hit or moving to the side (like Leddy did in the instance you described). Ducking 2 feet away from the boards is life threatening dangerous. Someone could easily break their neck on a play like that.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Going down is almost the same as a cut block in football.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
A quick knee to the head usually puts an end to it

Old
02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
I didn't see the play, was it like the Marchand-Sedin incident in the 2011 SCF?

Old
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Yak was almost flat on the ice. His head was no where near knee range. At best groin but still cant get it with the knee b/c he was flat out on the ice.

Eddie commented that type of move while not common in Euro jr leagues, is not uncommon either over there.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:42 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
I didn't like it at all. As Eddy O said, Carcillo could have awkwardly hit the glass with his head and hurt his head and/or neck. Not only that, but he could have jacked up his knee had he of hit it on his shoulder or head. I thought it was really cowardly of Yakupov to put Carcillo in such a vulnerable position and pretty much avoiding any contact.

Also surprised that HFB of all places didn't make a bigger deal about it.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:43 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
I didn't see the play, was it like the Marchand-Sedin incident in the 2011 SCF?

Old
02-26-2013, 12:50 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Thanks for the replay. Thought he was flat on the ice. He turns his body to protect his groin. What a bs move.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

The "Have the Hawks peaked too early?" thread on the main board is gold. I highly recommend everyone peruses it.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Yakupunk just wusses out, you're playing in a mans league. Just take the hit and move on. I hope other players saw that andif he does it again just drop a knee right on his dome.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Kane has done similar to avoid hits before

Old
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Thanks for the replay. Thought he was flat on the ice. He turns his body to protect his groin. What a bs move.
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
The "Have the Hawks peaked too early?" thread on the main board is gold. I highly recommend everyone peruses it.
That thread... Oh, that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Yakupunk just wusses out, you're playing in a mans league. Just take the hit and move on. I hope other players saw that andif he does it again just drop a knee right on his dome.
I don't wish injuries on anyone, but I wouldn't have felt bad at all if Carcillo's knee connected with his face and knocked a few chiclets out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Kane has done similar to avoid hits before
I don't recall Kane completely collapsing like that. Kane will bring his body real tight into itself and maybe slouch some, but I don't recall seeing him drop to the ice like that.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I don't recall Kane completely collapsing like that. Kane will bring his body real tight into itself and maybe slouch some, but I don't recall seeing him drop to the ice like that.
He did early in his career especially vs more physical teams like Red Wings in 09

Old
02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
RayP

Maybe my memory is biased, but I don't recall it being on the level that Yakupov did last night.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:06 PM
RayP

Also, was it just me, or at the end of the second period did it look like Kane was trying to take a run at someone a second after the period was over, but failed...?

Old
02-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

I didn't see the big deal about avoiding the hit. Yak should be more worried about getting a knee in the noggin if he continues that. i thought Yak had the potential to get hurt worse actually.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
There are other ways to protect yourself, like absorbing the hit or moving to the side (like Leddy did in the instance you described). Ducking 2 feet away from the boards is life threatening dangerous. Someone could easily break their neck on a play like that.
okay eddie o.

there's absolutely no reason a player should be expected to worry about the health of a guy who's trying to hurt him. obvious exception is going real low and taking out somebody at the knees, but that's not what happened.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
okay eddie o.

there's absolutely no reason a player should be expected to worry about the health of a guy who's trying to hurt him. obvious exception is going real low and taking out somebody at the knees, but that's not what happened.
So in your logic, he could of crosschecked Carcillo in the face to avoid the hit and it would be OK? I mean, he shouldn't have to worry about Carcillos face since Carcillo is hitting him.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:19 PM
hawksfan50

Hard to quibble when they keep winning despite the underwhelming margins and close games ---goaltending and D are great (well the Oduya-Hammer combo -- so well in sink--and Rosival -Leddy ---Rosival playing outstanding hockey to solidify that combo --Brookbank having trouble getting back in because what coach would dare take Rosival out -he's playing out of this world -I guess he wants to wina Cup...as for the 2-7 numero uno pair--well it appears one of them goofs or loses focus at times--last night's gift goal coutesy Keith was a prime example--BUT when the 3-4 and 5-6 guys outplay the hiugher paid 1-2 guys -that IS the difference-making required to keep winning...Also our goaltending so much better this year...and the forwards committed to the work required to defend well..

So no complaints or few defensively..

Turning to the offense--nice to get contributions all over the lineup and from Kane's turnaround year---BUT the close margins of victory would be fewer and we would be much more dominating on the scoreboard IF Cap'n Serious and Sharpie were lighting the lamp more or getting multipont difference-maker games instead of NADA point games or the odd 1 asist game ...Even Hossa had a long stretch of NADA goal before his recent last 3 goals..

The point is some of our big guns are not filling the net enough though you can't crticize the effort to score-it is not laziness the culprit --just ineffective finishing due to opposing goalie efforts or bad luck --but STILL the big guns are not supposed to be this silent tooo long...It is a concern..

Finally it is not the number of shots we take on net but the number of quality chances we are failing to convert on that concerns me...SAAD is making world class speed-power -take-away moves for chances on goal or set-ups--he should be getting more reward --that is points --for those efforts but somehow not getting results that should be occurring from those efforts...Toews is dominating down low behind the net but somehow again the efforts are not converting to enough goals for the effort exerted...In short we are working hard but what ought to end in more goals for appears to be curtailed to lower scores for us than we ought to get,,,

Surely every goalie we run into cannot be "on" with his Georges Vezina imperonation ?
Surely like many teams each night we OUGHT to be getting some mediocrity and "off" games for opposing goalies--but it appears NOT!

Surely we OUGHT to get teams not trying as hard to beat us due to tiredness or simply because they cannot matchour talent --but instead it appears every team playsits best games trying for the honour of knocking us off our pedestal... Kudos to them all for daring to think they can hang with us and think they can beat us--and so TOO MANY teams we face seem to play their best games against us while stinking vs. the previousa or nest opponent...

With our talent AND our work level--we OUGHT to be dominating more on the scoreboard-it is just that opposing refuse to give us easy games..

Maybe we can "break out bigtime vs. STL ?

Old
02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
massivegoonery

Now that hf50 has posted in this thread, we can be sure that he won't ever be back here again.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:17 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Decent game. Not their best, but we pulled out the win and thats what matters. Third line was on fire all night, and Kane had a really good game too. I agree with everyone else, Toew-Kane, Sharp-Hossa. That's how it should've been since the ducks game.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
I hated Edzo for calling Yakupov out like he did....

Yakupov will do it again and again but at some point, one guy will hit his head with his knee. After that, he will not do it anymore

Closed Thread