HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Perry- An actual hockey trade

Old
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Johnsie19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Lmao @ thinking Schneider is worth that much

the Habs could trade Kaberle for Perry and a 1st in your fantasy world
Did you mean Schroeder. That Schneider deal is no steal for Van.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:30 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
What hole? We need an upgrade. We have Bennett. Let the kid play. If the third line blows, third-line upgrades are always available, but we have Jeffrey to play there as well.

We just need to upgrade within the top six.
Bennett is still a work in progress. You have no idea what you have in him. What if he lays an egg? You don't need an upgrade. You need a capable top six winger, which could move Dupes down to third line and Kennedy out of the equation, or fill the void beside Geno since Dupes does fine with Crosby, even though he isn't your prototypical top line guy.

Make a move for a long term top six winger that can serve as a more than a three month rental and go with it.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
If Perry isn't signed at that point then Murray may not have a choice. Losing Perry for nothing would hurt a lot.
Especially considering they lost Schultz for nothing last summer.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
If Perry isn't signed at that point then Murray may not have a choice. Losing Perry for nothing would hurt a lot.
Not at the expense of a cup run. I don't care what kind of return we'd get, we'd be a weaker team for the playoffs without him. I think New Jersey handled the Parise situation correctly and the Ducks should follow the same route.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Exactly ... that guy doesn't get the picture. He just sees Perry as an upgrade to Kunitz, which he is, but doesn't see the entire picture at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
ok, so you're suggesting the hole is filled by Bennett.

for now, i disagree, but he's still very rough around the edges. if they get a top-6 winger who's proven, they could allow Bennett to develop even more instead of tossing him into top-6 roles before he's ready. (and i know the Pens have him in a third-line role right now, but that's not my point)
You guys do realize Perry is better than James Neal? Better than Jordan Staal? As far as third wheels on offense go, it doesn't get much better than Corey Perry.

So if a guy like that is available, and he's coming EAST for sure, you better make Anaheim a good offer. So if it takes a top six winger and a defenseman to get him, so be it.

With Perry, that last top-six winger hole becomes much much less of a hole. SO yes I get it.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...d-bad-ref-luck

Lots of speculation Perry might get dealt if he isn't extended by the deadline, even if the Ducks are in the hunt.

My proposal: a hockey trade that gives the Ducks a player than can play today + future help. No Hossa/Kovalchuk rental-type returns.

Something like Kunitz+Dupres. Or Kreider + 1st. Horton + 1st.

Thoughts?
So you're expecting a legit scoring line winger, plus a very signficant asset (1st round DP or equivelant prospect) for a 15 game rental + P/O? Makes total sense why ANA would do that deal, especially if they player they get back isn't a UFA in on 7/1/13 like Kunitz, but I have a hard time seeing another team moving a "lesser" scoring line player - plus a "blue-chip" asset like Despres as an example. The BOS deal might have a chance because Horton is a UFA as well, and if the Bruins don't think he'll resign, the upgrade might be worth a 1st round DP.

I just don't see a contender taking a chance on upsetting team chemistry to upgrade a legit scoring line player to Perry, if the cost is a "blue chip" type asset.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Eberle +

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Eberle +
Are you suggesting that the Oilers would trade Eberle, who is locked up for 5 more years for 15 games of Perry + the play-off's? Because that's about as terrible a trade as I can possibly imagine.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:42 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
You guys do realize Perry is better than James Neal? Better than Jordan Staal? As far as third wheels on offense go, it doesn't get much better than Corey Perry.

So if a guy like that is available, and he's coming EAST for sure, you better make Anaheim a good offer. So if it takes a top six winger and a defenseman to get him, so be it.

With Perry, that last top-six winger hole becomes much much less of a hole. SO yes I get it.
So, Corey Perry will count as two wingers for the Pens? Can we count on his goal and point total he normally gets and require him to add the points Kunitz would too? Is he that good? If so, maybe Anaheim should resign him.

No, you don't get it. We don't need an upgrade. We need to add a top six winger, not do a one for one thing here. Bennett is still a major question. We understand he is better than Kunitz. Comparing Perry to Staal doesn't hold water because they are two totally different players. Staal isn't a winger and we need one. Staal isn't in Pittsburgh anymore in case you didn't realize it. Not sure why you brought him up, but Jordan does things Perry wishes he could do.

Thank God you aren't Shero. Pittsburgh would fall to the bottom with your plan.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-26-2013 at 01:58 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Not at the expense of a cup run. I don't care what kind of return we'd get, we'd be a weaker team for the playoffs without him. I think New Jersey handled the Parise situation correctly and the Ducks should follow the same route.
You're talking to many brick walls. We went through this last spring with Suter.

At HF:

Picks, prospects, futures >>>> Cup runs, desire to re-sign a player

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Are you suggesting that the Oilers would trade Eberle, who is locked up for 5 more years for 15 games of Perry + the play-off's? Because that's about as terrible a trade as I can possibly imagine.
A signed Perry.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:54 PM
MarchandMadness 63*

Quote:
I disagree about New Jersey handling the Parise situation well,they should have gotten some assets for him instead of losing him with nothing to show for it. I don't think Anaheim will be able to keep both Perry and Getzlaf,and after seeing Parise and Suter leave their respective teams for nothing,not to mention the Justin Schultz fiasco I really do think Anaheim will trade Corey Perry before the deadline.

MarchandMadness 63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
You're talking to many brick walls. We went through this last spring with Suter.

At HF:

Picks, prospects, futures >>>> Cup runs, desire to re-sign a player
Bear in mind that this is coming in the midst of a rebuild. So there is a bit of push and pull as to which way is the right one to go. If we're confident that the replacements are in the system we'll keep him for the playoff push. If we think that another piece or two is missing for the future when he leaves, they'll consider a trade for futures. Getzlaf being a potential UFA muddies the waters a bit more, and is most definitely part of that calculation.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
pld459666

If you want a real and legit hockey trade, allow opposing teams the ability to discuss parameters of a contract before commiting to a deal.

This way a team will know if they have a real shot at signing him prior to 07/01/13.

Lets say the Rangers and Ducks begin trade talks.

Lets further say that the team have agreed on Kreider & Girardi as the general parameters of a trade but the Ducks want a sweetener.

Let the Rangers talk contract with Perry before we move forward. If we can sign him, we can add, if we can't then there is no add and now the decision is up to the Rangers to pull the trigger on a trade, or not.

If you want a real hockey trade, you have to provide something that is going to level the playing field.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:02 PM
goal1228

I do not think either Perry or Getzlaf gets traded when you have a chance to compete for the cup. If some how you do fall out of it (doubtful) what would you want from the Isles for Perry.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandMadness 63 View Post
I disagree about New Jersey handling the Parise situation well,they should have gotten some assets for him instead of losing him with nothing to show for it. I don't think Anaheim will be able to keep both Perry and Getzlaf,and after seeing Parise and Suter leave their respective teams for nothing,not to mention the Justin Schultz fiasco I really do think Anaheim will trade Corey Perry before the deadline.
NJ went to the stanley cup final, and likely would not have without parise.

So...you still think they should have traded him?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
I enjoy reading about the Ducks cup run. Its going to crush them to realize that as soon a the game changes to playoff hockey. BB can not adjust and the team will do the same thing over and over. And it will not be about being out played. They will out coached.

Mr Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandMadness 63 View Post
NJ should have traded Parise as soon as he signed the 1 year deal. I know most Devils fans disagree with this as they think it was still possible he was gonna sign an extension but I don't. IMO his mind was made up as soon as the 1 year deal was signed. It's also debatable IMO that he was a big part of our cup run. I believe the Devils still could have gotten there without him especially if we had traded him to Minny and gotten a good return (which we probably would have).

But trading him at the deadline would have been a mistake.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
MarchandMadness 63*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
NJ went to the stanley cup final, and likely would not have without parise.

So...you still think they should have traded him?
Yeah,now that I think about it New Jersey probably did the right thing seeing as how they went to the Finals. But the question is,will Anaheim do the same thing?

MarchandMadness 63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:07 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 50
If the Ducks are in the playoffs, I have a hard time seeing them trading Perry...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:19 PM
pld459666

If the Ducks are still playing this well on 04/02/13, Perry is going to remain with the team for a run.

The end goal is to WIN.

Building for tomorrow can wait until tomorrow when you have a legit shot at winning today.

The trouble teams face is determining if they are at that point in bold above

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
bernmeister

If Perry agrees to 5 years at $6 mil per and is signed, then Rangers agree to immediate sign and trade:

Marc Staal
Dan Giardi
Derek Stepan
two third round picks

for Perry and 1st
This is 2 steps backward to go 5 steps forward for Rangers

Next year Richards 6.6 mil bought out offsets 6 per to Perry

Rangers use loss of salary on Staal + Girardi + upcoming raise to Stepan for younger players

Also, trade Brian Boyle + Christian Thomas to CBH for Dylan Olsen + Mark McNeil
next year
Gaborik Halpern Perry
Nash Miller Kreider
Hagelin Lindberg Callahan
Powe McNeil Pyatt

McDonagh Stralman
MDZ Olsen
McIlrath Bickel/Eminger

obviously, still a work in progress but hopefully lose Torts and expect some scoring to return. G outstanding need to add to our D and Cs.

For Ducks, it changes the dynamic of team, now much more D oriented. Stepan is nice as something in case Getzlaf walks. Lots of options to stand pat, or trade each for alternate returns...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!

Ducks wont trade a 1st with Perry.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

Perry is probably going to get over 8 million on the open market with the new CBA. He will never accept 6 million per year, if he did, he would already be signed in Anaheim.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...d-bad-ref-luck

Lots of speculation Perry might get dealt if he isn't extended by the deadline, even if the Ducks are in the hunt.

My proposal: a hockey trade that gives the Ducks a player than can play today + future help. No Hossa/Kovalchuk rental-type returns.

Something like Kunitz+Dupres. Or Kreider + 1st. Horton + 1st.

Thoughts?
Can't see how a team can make a trade like that as they will be exact situation as Ducks. Unless it is to a team who reach a contract with Perry before trade goes thru

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote