HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Exactly. All the excuses people have aren't legit excuses. We have all the tools and abilities to make a deal and get some help. Idk why some ppl aren't fed up with it. Poile even said we'd be spending to the cap this year. That obviously isn't gonna happen.

Ellis + Watson/Hornqvist + 1st can get us what we need.
Well, the more reasonable excuses are legitimate. A deal for a player has to exist, and we have to have what the trading team wants. It's that simple. Having quality pieces is fine, but Poile isn't going to convince Toronto to trade Kessel, for example.

02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

NYR fans are panicking. Their GM obviously won't over-react as hard as the fans, but still, they may want to shake it up. Rags fans are saying Richards looks terrible this year. One of their fans proposed Klein+1st for him. Is Richards our guy?

Gaborik is also someone the Rangers might need to move because of cap issues. SK+Blum?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

the more and more i think about it the less likely i see a trade happening. Poile traded his most prized assests away last year, our 1st round and 2nd rd, probably more picks but im not looking it up tho. I think he is going to stay put this year and draft with them(picks), to restock the pretty bare cupboards, and go hard in FA. He has basically ALL of the 90+ million dollars Suter was going to get. He may throw stupid money at Getzlaf maybe even Semin, when he earns it during his one year deal with Carolina..

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:02 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
the more and more i think about it the less likely i see a trade happening. Poile traded his most prized assests away last year, our 1st round and 2nd rd, probably more picks but im not looking it up tho. I think he is going to stay put this year and draft with them(picks), to restock the pretty bare cupboards, and go hard in FA. He has basically ALL of the 90+ million dollars Suter was going to get. He may throw stupid money at Getzlaf maybe even Semin, when he earns it during his one year deal with Carolina..
Getzlaf and/or Perry would fantastic! Semin as well, he gets a bad rap from the baised Canadian media. I've really liked his game.
There will be a lot of options for Poile this summer...if he can't get one of the big fish I would be happy with any combination of Roy, Ribeiro, Weiss, Ryder.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Predator 19 View Post
if he can't get one of the big fish I would be happy with any combination of Roy, Ribeiro, Weiss, Ryder.

yeah from that list Id want Ryder the most. He is a pure sniper and is what this team needs. He is streaky but hes also very good.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Simon Gagne is apparently available, and the Kings want a physical D+late pick. Gill+3rd/4th?

Old
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
NYR fans are panicking. Their GM obviously won't over-react as hard as the fans, but still, they may want to shake it up. Rags fans are saying Richards looks terrible this year. One of their fans proposed Klein+1st for him. Is Richards our guy?
Absolutely not. Historically he's better, but I'm afraid he's turning into another Fisher/Leggy. And that contract...YIKES.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Simon Gagne is apparently available, and the Kings want a physical D+late pick. Gill+3rd/4th?
That's a Poile type move

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:47 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Count me in as another that wouldn't mind us sitting tight this year.

If we're going to go into the playoffs and pin our hopes on acquiring (and probably overpaying for) a guy like a Gagne or Cammaleri or some other offensive guy with warts - we might as well keep our picks and just keep our fingers crossed that someone like SK or HQ just gets hot.

We've probably got the core of a top 10 NHL defense or better in place for the next half decade (probably more). Let's stock the farm and wait for the fruit to ripen (Sissons, Leipsic, Aberg, Budish, Watson + whomever we can get this year sounds good, just by throwing #'s against the wall certainly one or two of them should provide some offense).

Success or failure in the playoffs will ride on the hot goalie. Run into Mike Smith circa 2012 and we could have Gretzky and it wouldn't matter. Maybe one of these days Rinne pulls a Smith or a Quick and next thing we know we're in the finals.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Gagne does get hurt a lot, but so does Gill. If all it takes is a 3/4th to switch them, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:00 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Gagne does get hurt a lot, but so does Gill. If all it takes is a 3/4th to switch them, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Gaustad says hello...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Gaustad says hello...
I bet he would flip you off with his good arm if he saw you

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
maplepred

Guess poile wouldn't part with a fourth round pick to finally improve offense and get gagne. Brutal.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Shipped to Philly for a 4th. So that would have been big overpayment.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Guess poile wouldn't part with a fourth round pick to finally improve offense and get gagne. Brutal.
Possible, but just as likely, gagne requested a trade back to Philly, and Lombardi obliged.

He would have been a nice piece, but not a savior.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
How exactly is a guy who was a healthy scratch for LA going to finally improve our offense?

Gagne was going to Philly no matter what other offers were anyway.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
How exactly is a guy who was a healthy scratch for LA going to finally improve our offense?

Gagne was going to Philly no matter what other offers were anyway.
Some folks just want to see moves done. Strange to me....

Old
02-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Some folks just want to see moves done. Strange to me....
Some fans of every team in every sport have some sort of a condition known as "Shakeup Syndrome". Fans are disappointed in certain aspects of the roster and immediately assume a new player will help just because he's a new player and seems like a nice breath of fresh air. Especially when they've heard of him a lot in the past. "Oh yeah I know that guy, he would definitely help."

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:19 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Yeah, let's go get the guy who hasn't scored a goal since 2011 to improve our offense. What a brilliant... idea?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I really don't want a move unless we get a top player. Perry/Getzlaf, Ror or whomever. Cammaleri, gange, and Weiss just seem like more of the same. Let's see how we do this year and use our 1st to draft a forward. Our forward prospect pool will start to look pretty decent after this draft.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
maplepred

Didn't realize how much gagne has sucked lately, lol, but still for a fourth round pick I would do it. But yeah, I guess he wanted to go back to Philly. He has really lost a step.
It just kills me that we have a team that is an easy cup contender with the addition of a big offensive forward and this has been the case for so long now. I know poile doesn't want to sell the farm but just make it happen! What good is the farm if we never win a cup here in Nashville?!?!
Make an offer they can't resist.
Offer the ducks Ellis, hellberg, Craig smith and a first for Perry! Why not?? I love Ellis but i do this deal!

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
yeah from that list Id want Ryder the most. He is a pure sniper and is what this team needs. He is streaky but hes also very good.
Traded to Montreal for Erik Cole.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Traded to Montreal for Erik Cole.
It's actually Cole for Ryder and a 3rd rounder. That's not a typo; Dallas not only traded their leading scorer, they were the side adding assets to the deal.

Just... odd.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It's actually Cole for Ryder and a 3rd rounder. That's not a typo; Dallas not only traded their leading scorer, they were the side adding assets to the deal.

Just... odd.
Ryder's been on a hot streak over the past 2 weeks which accounts for the majority of his points. If we ignore that then the deal makes sense Still odd for Dallas

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote