HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
  #151
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
as much as id love to make the playoffs and all, it would reallllllly help us longterm to get a top pick this year and draft one of the top forwards.
-get a top pick and draft either mackinnon, barkov, monahan, or lindholm in that order. want drouin the most actually but will probably get taken top 3, which probably goes the same for mackinnon, and i dont see us getting a top 3 pick, top 8 is where im aiming.
-if we can draft one of those top 4 centers in this draft, trade kulikov for a "top line" winger, preferably a rw. perron or pavelski or someone along those lines.
-resign mueller
-trade versteeg and goc for a defenceman.
-buyout upshall and jovo.
-trade kuba if possible (nmc), if not then he'll play on the 3rd line.

Huberdeau-draft center-kulikov trade
Fleischmann-Bjugstad-Mueller
Bergenheim-Shore-Kopecky
Parros-Matthias-Skille

Campbell-Gudbranson
versteeg trade-sign a free agent
Kuba-Weaver

Markstrom
resign theodore to a 1yr deal

i really hope mueller can continue playing well. he was a high draft pick, started off promising, ran into the concussion issues but now hes good and still young. hes hard on the forecheck, skates hard, has a lethal wrist/snap shot. i really hope he scores more goals and continues the success and be able to be the full time 2nd line rw, trade kuli for a 1st line rw, and trade versteeg for defensive help. and draft one of the big 4 center in this draft of course :D we'd actually have a lot of cap space, we could possibly make a run at perry and keep kulikov. with shore, bjugstad both being very cheap. bergy under 3, kopi at 3, flash at 4.5, mueller hopefully under 4 but possibly 4 or slightly above, huby at 3.2, a guy like barkov or mac or lindholm would be cheap as well and could potentially play next year.

I'm starting to believe that Fla fans have no idea what they want.. Seriously, were having discussions about trading our top line as well as Kuli??? We won't go anywhere as a team nor will Tallon be able to sign any free agent, let alone a top free agent, if we start trading away players we signed a year prior. We all were moaning about Tallon resigning Steeg and Kuli and now we want to trade them?? No, I don't think so. That won't do a darn thing for us in the long run. I am all for tankin at this point because from what other posters on here have mentioned, those top draft choices could help out tremendously but we need more help! I like Flash,I like Steeg, and I like Kuli. These guys will bring us success and I think they can be part of the core. We have the 1st like from last season, which isn't doing well now due to injuries and a messed up season, but they still have talent and chemistry when given the time. Shore,Hubs,and Mueller look great. Bjugstad will be here. Howden should be here. Who knows about Bergy, but he's got talent. Petrovic, Markstrom, maybe Robak will stick. The 2013 draft pick. Any free agents Tallon's picks up.. I think we need to be patient and let Tallon do his magic. No more signing players to contracts ( other than Jovo,Clemmer,and Upshall, because they can go) and then trading them the next season. They need time to gel and work as a unit.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:40 AM
  #152
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
I love how everyone says no FA will sign here if we move players. Every team moves players, it's not like we're moving a Hossa just because, either. It's not working here, they're assets, Tallon will do what's best for the team, not individuals.

Not everyone will be moved, perhaps a few, maybe several, but c'mon.

So far as Kuli, adios. If Tallon believes he can improve and stop making horrible passes in front of the net and can start making shots and not misses, fine then. But if we can move him in a Neal/Niskanen type deal? Who's gonna be upset? Not saying a deal like that is out there, but I'm not gonna say he's needed for a Cup run, cause I don't believe he is. He can be a good piece, but we could possibly get better.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
  #153
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,233
vCash: 500
You know it's bad when Ellerby is taking potshots. https://mobile.twitter.com/ellerby88...41115870060545

@goldieonice: Not cool @ellerby88: Sounds like fun down in florida right now... Uh wait?"

PBPantherfan is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
  #154
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers
 
freakstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
You know it's bad when Ellerby is taking potshots. https://mobile.twitter.com/ellerby88...41115870060545

@goldieonice: Not cool @ellerby88: Sounds like fun down in florida right now... Uh wait?"
He removed the tweet aswell and responded with -

Keaton Ellerby ‏@ellerby88
Hahahaha so much hate.. no more joking around from me!

Such an ass, sure we're playing pretty damn bad right now. But taking a cheap shot at your former team is not cool.

freakstar is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:26 AM
  #155
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
He removed the tweet aswell and responded with -

Keaton Ellerby ‏@ellerby88
Hahahaha so much hate.. no more joking around from me!

Such an ass, sure we're playing pretty damn bad right now. But taking a cheap shot at your former team is not cool.
Well we always knew he had the physical tools and we questioned his hockey IQ. From this tweet I guess it is his IQ in general. He is not that smart to send that tweet.

PBPantherfan is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
  #156
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Oh, he means the team who's lineup he couldn't crack?

Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
  #157
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,467
vCash: 500
Twitter exploded after he wrote that. It really wasn't a big deal to me. As I wrote: "I guess Ellerby's decisions of what to Tweet are as smart as his decisions on the ice." Sure, LA has been 7-3 since the trade, but he hasn't been a reason for their success. Really, just a stupid thing to say when he's lucky to have a job in the NHL right now.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:06 PM
  #158
hockey dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
He removed the tweet aswell and responded with -

Keaton Ellerby ‏@ellerby88
Hahahaha so much hate.. no more joking around from me!

Such an ass, sure we're playing pretty damn bad right now. But taking a cheap shot at your former team is not cool.
Don't think the kid is taking a shot at his former team mates. Taking a shot at management. You know that management team that brought you an old and worthless Kuba and decided to sit the 25 year old up and comer. Good on him for speaking his mind. Get really tired of hockey players spewing phony corporate line crap.

hockey dude is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:12 PM
  #159
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
Don't think the kid is taking a shot at his former team mates. Taking a shot at management. You know that management team that brought you an old an worthless Kuba and decided to sit the 25 year old up and comer. Good on him for speaking his mind. Get really tired of hockey players spewing phony corporate line crap.
You earn your playing time. He didn't outplay Kuba. Or Weaver. He showed very little. He's been here how long?? Strachan outplayed him. No one is given anything, especially not at this level. You get things by outplaying people. He didn't.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:21 PM
  #160
hockey dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You earn your playing time. He didn't outplay Kuba. Or Weaver. He showed very little. He's been here how long?? Strachan outplayed him. No one is given anything, especially not at this level. You get things by outplaying people. He didn't.
Well maybe you are right but sometimes wonder how level playing field really is when your GM has committed big money to older under performing players (Kuba Jova). Ah, the business of hockey!

hockey dude is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
  #161
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I love how everyone says no FA will sign here if we move players. Every team moves players, it's not like we're moving a Hossa just because, either. It's not working here, they're assets, Tallon will do what's best for the team, not individuals.

Not everyone will be moved, perhaps a few, maybe several, but c'mon.

So far as Kuli, adios. If Tallon believes he can improve and stop making horrible passes in front of the net and can start making shots and not misses, fine then. But if we can move him in a Neal/Niskanen type deal? Who's gonna be upset? Not saying a deal like that is out there, but I'm not gonna say he's needed for a Cup run, cause I don't believe he is. He can be a good piece, but we could possibly get better.
People are saying no FA will sign here, because frankly, would you? I mean I know it comes down to how the particular player does when brought in here, but how does it look if Tallon brings in Versteeg,resigns him to current contract and then trades him? Sure,he's been injuried and struggling but in my view, that's no reason to ship him out. ( not saying its going to happen) same goes with Flash, and although Kuli was drafted here, he was resigned. I just think people feel that it's bad business to sign players( not Jovo or Upshall because they can go) and then trade them a year after being signed. Again, I do agree with you and I know this is a business after all, but how would Tallon look if he did do a trade involving Kuli and ROR and then O'Reily didn't pan out and Kuli because a top Dman?? He would look silly.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
  #162
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers
 
freakstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
Don't think the kid is taking a shot at his former team mates. Taking a shot at management. You know that management team that brought you an old and worthless Kuba and decided to sit the 25 year old up and comer. Good on him for speaking his mind. Get really tired of hockey players spewing phony corporate line crap.
He's had the chance to prove himself under two different GM's and two different coaches, and has failed to make an impact. Now he's taking a shot at the team for playing as badly as they were when he was with the team.

Makes no sense tbh, shooting yourself in the foot.

freakstar is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:20 PM
  #163
Benched
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
Don't think the kid is taking a shot at his former team mates. Taking a shot at management. You know that management team that brought you an old and worthless Kuba and decided to sit the 25 year old up and comer. Good on him for speaking his mind. Get really tired of hockey players spewing phony corporate line crap.
He played like crap here. Not even being able to outplay Kuba and the early year version of Weaver is pretty bad. Maybe he wasn't making the kind of money Kuba/Jovo were making but he was given every chance in the world. He failed. And it's not like he's doing a lot better in LA.

Benched is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
  #164
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
People are saying no FA will sign here, because frankly, would you? I mean I know it comes down to how the particular player does when brought in here, but how does it look if Tallon brings in Versteeg,resigns him to current contract and then trades him? Sure,he's been injuried and struggling but in my view, that's no reason to ship him out. ( not saying its going to happen) same goes with Flash, and although Kuli was drafted here, he was resigned. I just think people feel that it's bad business to sign players( not Jovo or Upshall because they can go) and then trade them a year after being signed. Again, I do agree with you and I know this is a business after all, but how would Tallon look if he did do a trade involving Kuli and ROR and then O'Reily didn't pan out and Kuli because a top Dman?? He would look silly.
We are not going to trade our whole team though, I think that's the misconception. We are listing a lot of players but obviously not all of them will get traded. If one or two big money players get traded, it's not a big deal.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 05:31 PM
  #165
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
I see 3 or 4 guys going. No idea who.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
  #166
SufferingCatFan
Registered User
 
SufferingCatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: fort lauderdale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
TIME TO TANK IS NOW!!!

We are half way through the season, tied for last place in the east, we have lost our starting goalie (Theodore), 3 of our top 6 d-men (Jovo, Weaver, Kuli), 3 of our top 9 forwards are either out or battling injury (Versteeg, Upshall, Bergie) and Weiss is playing poorly as he heads to UFA.

In sum, we have one of the worst "goals for" number, one of the worst "goals against" number and one of the worst won-lost records.

SufferingCatFan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:10 AM
  #167
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
I think Tallon should start to move most of the guys over 30, sans guys like Campbell. Still keep guys like Flash and Versteeg to Still have some top 6 ready talent.

ShootIt is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:49 PM
  #168
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver ColoraDoh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
I wanted to believe that this team could pull themselves out of this tailspin but the character shown last season just isn't there this year. I'm just watching Huberdeau, Shore and Mueller mature.

Cats Kneading Goals is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
  #169
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver ColoraDoh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
There's nothing bad about possibly picking up a Jones or Barkov. I have to believe that this team will have a ton of new and hard working faces next season.

Cats Kneading Goals is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:31 PM
  #170
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,784
vCash: 500
I think Bjugstad will do very well next season in Florida, should be centering the second line and be on the first pp...kid can shoot the puck

redbeard7737 is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 11:19 PM
  #171
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
How do perennial playoff teams survive when they're always picking in the bottom 16? Picking in the top three is fantastic, we've obviously benefited from it, but pulling for your team to tank is absurd and disgraceful. We made the playoffs last year for the first time in a long time and picked Matheson in the first round. It's still early, but he seems like he's doing alright. Getting MacKinnon or Jones isn't going to fix this team. Good scouting and drafting regardless of draft position is what is going to get this team into the spotlight and a Stanley Cup final. Trust in Tallon. Let's Go Panthers!

LUUUUUIS is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 PM
  #172
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
How do perennial playoff teams survive when they're always picking in the bottom 16? Picking in the top three is fantastic, we've obviously benefited from it, but pulling for your team to tank is absurd and disgraceful. We made the playoffs last year for the first time in a long time and picked Matheson in the first round. It's still early, but he seems like he's doing alright. Getting MacKinnon or Jones isn't going to fix this team. Good scouting and drafting regardless of draft position is what is going to get this team into the spotlight and a Stanley Cup final. Trust in Tallon. Let's Go Panthers!
They do it by developing a strong core, and surrounding that core with players in a supporting role. We're still in the process of building our core here in Florida. We have some nice pieces on the NHL team right now, but there needs to be more added to it, particularly in the top 6. Considering there are about 5 forwards in this years draft who seem like sure fire top 6 guys (Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, and Monahan) and others who could be top 6 guys if developed correctly (Nichushkin, Gauthier, Erne, Duclair, Mantha, among others) it makes sense for some fans to hope we tank and trade off some pieces for draft picks. This seems like a lost season with all the injuries anyway, unless the kids turn this around.

If I'm Tallon, I'd listen to offers for everyone on the current roster but the kids (Huberdeau, Shore, Gudbranson, Markstrom, and Robak). I'd call up Howden and Petrovic (when he gets healthy) from San Antonio to get them some experience. I'd sign a few undrafted NCAA free agents and give them a look at the NHL level, hoping to unearth the next Garrison/Conacher. The future is now and it's time to sit back and watch the young guys grow.

luby3131 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
  #173
IamLordStanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
They do it by developing a strong core, and surrounding that core with players in a supporting role. We're still in the process of building our core here in Florida. We have some nice pieces on the NHL team right now, but there needs to be more added to it, particularly in the top 6. Considering there are about 5 forwards in this years draft who seem like sure fire top 6 guys (Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, and Monahan) and others who could be top 6 guys if developed correctly (Nichushkin, Gauthier, Erne, Duclair, Mantha, among others) it makes sense for some fans to hope we tank and trade off some pieces for draft picks. This seems like a lost season with all the injuries anyway, unless the kids turn this around.

If I'm Tallon, I'd listen to offers for everyone on the current roster but the kids (Huberdeau, Shore, Gudbranson, Markstrom, and Robak). I'd call up Howden and Petrovic (when he gets healthy) from San Antonio to get them some experience. I'd sign a few undrafted NCAA free agents and give them a look at the NHL level, hoping to unearth the next Garrison/Conacher. The future is now and it's time to sit back and watch the young guys grow.
I understand that its hard as a fan to want your team to lose, but in the end when its all said and done, getting a 1st overall pick beats the hell out of losing in the 1st round or finishing 10th in the conference. On the bright side, its a shortened season which means less suffering for Panthers fans. Next year will be much better.

IamLordStanley is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 12:22 AM
  #174
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLordStanley View Post
I understand that its hard as a fan to want your team to lose, but in the end when its all said and done, getting a 1st overall pick beats the hell out of losing in the 1st round or finishing 10th in the conference. On the bright side, its a shortened season which means less suffering for Panthers fans. Next year will be much better.
Well, it definitely beats finishing 10th in the conference at least. Luby is right though, we don't have our full core in place yet. After this draft we should be pretty set though. In the upcoming years is when we can start acting like a "playoff team" and treating our prospects and picks like "assets" rather than core pieces.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 12:59 AM
  #175
IamLordStanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Well, it definitely beats finishing 10th in the conference at least. Luby is right though, we don't have our full core in place yet. After this draft we should be pretty set though. In the upcoming years is when we can start acting like a "playoff team" and treating our prospects and picks like "assets" rather than core pieces.
Totally agree. Its just very exciting to see how deep the cats are with talented prospects and it will be interesting to see which ones develop into elite NHL players.

IamLordStanley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.