HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets @ Rangers | Tue Feb 26 | 6PM | MSG | "Torts vs Lozenges"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 01:18 PM
  #76
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,203
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Wright and Peluso are 3rd line material, Oy Vey.
Wright has some aspects that makes him passable on the 3rd line...
But I'll agree, I much rather him a 4th liner and have a better player on the third. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone there.

garret9 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:21 PM
  #77
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
How is he a coach killer?

1 Dave King 2001 2003
2 Doug MacLean 2003 2004
3 Gerard Gallant 2004 2007
4 Ken Hitchcock 2007 2010
5 Gary Agnew 2007 2007
6 Claude Noel 2010 2010
7 Scott Arniel 2011 2012
8 Todd Richards 2012 2013
9 Torts 2013 ?

Plus he pouted his way off of a team a put them in a spot where they couldn't sell high. If he was Russian he would be a enigmatic, selfish, coach killer, but he isn't so he just needs better teammates.

In all seriousness I think most coach killer, enigmatic talk is nonsense. I just find the way storylines are manufactured to be amusing.
You have it backwards Nash kept his mouth shut and handled his request professionally, it was the gm that pouted and the loss of leverage is all on Howsen. It was Howsen that threw a tampertantrum in an interview where he states Nash asked for a trade. If anything that is what cost Columbus its leverage and they ended up accepting a worse deal because of it.

While I'm no Nash fan I dont blame him in the least for wanting out of that gong show. Not sure why you are being so hard on him, its not lime he jumped ship the first chance he got. He legitimatly tried to make it work there but eventually had enough of the organization floundering. I'm hoping that bringing in Davidson will turn things around for that market.

surixon is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  #78
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 6159
Tangradi should be on the third pretty soon. Putting Peluso there is more sending a message to Tangradi than anything else. Only one of them has the skill to be more than a 4th liner.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Wright so far. No complaints about him on the third.

vBurmi is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
  #79
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,367
vCash: 6159
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
You have it backwards Nash kept his mouth shut and handled his request professionally, it was the gm that pouted and the loss of leverage is all on Howsen. It was Howsen that threw a tampertantrum in an interview where he states Nash asked for a trade. If anything that is what cost Columbus its leverage and they ended up accepting a worse deal because of it.

While I'm no Nash fan I dont blame him in the least for wanting out of that gong show. Not sure why you are being so hard on him, its not lime he jumped ship the first chance he got. He legitimatly tried to make it work there but eventually had enough of the organization floundering. I'm hoping that bringing in Davidson will turn things around for that market.
Yep, nothing but respect for how Nash has handled himself. Calling him a coach-killer is ridiculous - Columbus was never a decent team.

vBurmi is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
  #80
TonyDay
Registered User
 
TonyDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Does anyone really think that Tangradi or Thorburn are more deserving of being on the 3rd line than Wright is? Wright is earning his ice time.

I think Peluso deserves a chance too. He can't possibly produce less offense than Wellwood.

TonyDay is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:37 PM
  #81
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,107
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
You damn Wright.

Noel's a complicated man, and no one understands him but his woman.
He's a complicated man, with a complicated plan, his name's Noel... Claude Noel.

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
  #82
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,107
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
How is he a coach killer?

1 Dave King 2001 2003
2 Doug MacLean 2003 2004
3 Gerard Gallant 2004 2007
4 Ken Hitchcock 2007 2010
5 Gary Agnew 2007 2007
6 Claude Noel 2010 2010
7 Scott Arniel 2011 2012
8 Todd Richards 2012 2013
9 Torts 2013 ?

Plus he pouted his way off of a team a put them in a spot where they couldn't sell high. If he was Russian he would be a enigmatic, selfish, coach killer, but he isn't so he just needs better teammates.

In all seriousness I think most coach killer, enigmatic talk is nonsense. I just find the way storylines are manufactured to be amusing.
All do respect, what else was Nash supposed to do for the Jackets.
He was a good soldier for many years.

He deserved a shot on a legit team.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:45 PM
  #83
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,203
vCash: 50
I can't put words in Truck's mouth, but I think the point he's attempting and failing (slightly at) is saying if the same details were on most Russian players, he'd be typecasted much differently in the situation.

garret9 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:55 PM
  #84
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I can't put words in Truck's mouth, but I think the point he's attempting and failing (slightly at) is saying if the same details were on most Russian players, he'd be typecasted much differently in the situation.
That is exactly what I am saying. I thought it would be clear when I said:
Quote:
In all seriousness I think most coach killer, enigmatic talk is nonsense. I just find the way storylines are manufactured to be amusing.
According to some, the fact that Olli's teams don't make the playoffs is 100% his fault.

Semin is a player that a team can't win with despite the fact that they won.

Semin is a defensive liability despite being way way way plus for years.

Nash is a victim.

The inconsistency with which players are treated by the media is beyond silly to me.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:58 PM
  #85
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
All do respect, what else was Nash supposed to do for the Jackets.
He was a good soldier for many years.

He deserved a shot on a legit team.
He chose to sing with them for a ridiculously long term.

He chose to take their money.

He chose not to live up to his end of the bargain.

He also made the situation untenable. They couldn't bring him back and potential trade partners new it.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:10 PM
  #86
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
He chose to sing with them for a ridiculously long term.

He chose to take their money.

He chose not to live up to his end of the bargain.

He also made the situation untenable. They couldn't bring him back and potential trade partners new it.
Don't you mean the GM made it untenable, he's the one who threw Nash under the bus in the interview.

I take issue with your post, if anyone failed to live up to their end of the bargain it was the Blue Jackets organization who continually failed to build a team around him. He gave them ample time to do so.

surixon is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
  #87
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander
 
Blackie Dammit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Interlake
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 50
Look for Kane to get double shifted on the third line again tonight, Tony P probably won't see more than 6 Min

Blackie Dammit is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
  #88
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
Look for Kane to get double shifted on the third line again tonight, Tony P probably won't see more than 6 Min
Unless Tony plays Grrrrrrrrreat!

Lynk is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:35 PM
  #89
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
He chose to sing with them for a ridiculously long term.

He chose to take their money.

He chose not to live up to his end of the bargain.

He also made the situation untenable. They couldn't bring him back and potential trade partners new it.
Sorry but this is ridiculous.

WPGNYRFan is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
  #90
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Don't you mean the GM made it untenable, he's the one who threw Nash under the bus in the interview.

I take issue with your post, if anyone failed to live up to their end of the bargain it was the Blue Jackets organization who continually failed to build a team around him. He gave them ample time to do so.
Nash requested a trade, he told his teammates what he thought of them. That is what makes it untenable. He also knew they sucked when he signed.

Boo hoo for him.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
  #91
peg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 441
vCash: 50
I think we should all agree to disagree about Nash and get back to talking about Tony the Tiger Peluso

peg is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM
  #92
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Sorry but this is ridiculous.
By ridiculous did you mean to say factual?

Quote:
He chose to sign with them for a ridiculously long term. < Fact

He chose to take their money. < Fact

He chose not to live up to his end of the bargain. < Fact

He also made the situation untenable. They couldn't bring him back and potential trade partners new it. < Fact
I said before, I don't care about Rick Nash, but he was not the victim.

Was he the victim when he signed a $62,400,000 deal?

Was he the victim when he demanded a trade?

Was he the victim when he handed Howson a list of teams that he would play for?

Forcing a trade isn't the "nice" move no matter how you break it down.

Also, I don't care. I would gladly take Nash on my team (although I don't see him as worth his deal). For me it is about the storylines. I think they are amusing.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
  #93
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,695
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Nash requested a trade, he told his teammates what he thought of them. That is what makes it untenable. He also knew they sucked when he signed.

Boo hoo for him.
Not really. He re-signed July 3, 2009, right after Columbus made the playoffs and appeared to be on the upswing, finally.

I'm not getting too deep in this debate, just pointing this fact out. My own opinion is he spent a long time in Columbus, nearly 700 NHL games, they once again faltered and couldn't get their crap together and were going to go through another rebuild. My own personal opinion is I can't blame him for asking out given they were about to endure yet another rebuild. Now, many would say, and I can understand, he signed the long-term contract knowing full well what ownership, management, etc.. was like, so he knew full well there was a possibility of more failure for the franchise.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=140320  8020

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Guerzy is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
  #94
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,107
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
By ridiculous did you mean to say factual?



I said before, I don't care about Rick Nash, but he was not the victim.

Was he the victim when he signed a $62,400,000 deal?

Was he the victim when he demanded a trade?

Was he the victim when he handed Howson a list of teams that he would play for?

Forcing a trade isn't the "nice" move no matter how you break it down.

Also, I don't care. I would gladly take Nash on my team (although I don't see him as worth his deal). For me it is about the storylines. I think they are amusing.
So... you would turn down 62 million if someone offered it to you?
Lord knows I wouldn't

Anyways enough Nash talk.
Ger Jerts Ger

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:04 PM
  #95
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So... you would turn down 62 million if someone offered it to you?
Lord knows I wouldn't

Anyways enough Nash talk.
Ger Jerts Ger
I wouldn't either.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
  #96
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post
Not really. He re-signed July 3, 2009, right after Columbus made the playoffs and appeared to be on the upswing, finally.

I'm not getting too deep in this debate, just pointing this fact out. My own opinion is he spent a long time in Columbus, nearly 700 NHL games, they once again faltered and couldn't get their crap together. My own personal opinion is I can't blame him for asking out given they were about to endure yet another rebuild. Now, many would say, and I can understand, he signed the long-term contract knowing full well what ownership, management, etc.. was like, so he knew full well there was a possibility of more failure for the franchise.
I don't blame him for wanting out either.

I just don't see him as a victim and I think the inconsistent NHL storylines are silly.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
  #97
KJF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
Look for Kane to get double shifted on the third line again tonight, Tony P probably won't see more than 6 Min
This.

Everyone is so puzzled by Peluso on 3rd line - this is the logical explanation.

KJF is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:10 PM
  #98
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJF View Post
This.

Everyone is so puzzled by Peluso on 3rd line - this is the logical explanation.
Agreed.

Wheeler could get a few extra shifts too. Ride the hot hand.

truck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:13 PM
  #99
razorsedge
West Town Sports
 
razorsedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Sask, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Unless Tony plays Grrrrrrrrreat!
I actually laughed out loud at this. Good one.

As for Peluso not playing much tonight, if he makes simple smart plays witout any stupid penalty's he'll maintain a regular shift with the 3rd line. I bet Olli will be extra motivated to try and get his top 6 spot back tonight.

razorsedge is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
  #100
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I don't blame him for wanting out either.

I just don't see him as a victim and I think the inconsistent NHL storylines are silly.
Part I don't like about Nash or Heatley's trade requests is THEY control where they go due to their NMC.

If you ask to be traded, imo, you should give up the rights to the NMC agreement. The team added it as a safeguard for the player, so team couldn't move them without their agreement. But if the player wants to be moved, boo hoo, go to wherever we send you. I hate the, I won't play for you, or that team, or that team. Bites.

Bob E is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.