HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomáš Hertl – The Next Ones: NHL 2012 Draft Prospect Profile

Old
07-02-2012, 09:05 AM
vilpertti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
that wasn't his number. That was because it was the 2012 draft. Every player the Sharks picked that was there got a #12 jersey. They (and a lot of other teams) do the same thing every year. Go check out previous drafts.
Actually the previous drafts were only made so in order to accomodate this common belief and protect Hertl from the wrath of Marleau. Or to protect Marleau's feelings. And every player drafted this year wore the number 12 out of respect towards the FHOF.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

His coach Vladimir Ruzicka has said in the media, that he will not let him go out of Slavia Prague next season. In his words, Hertl needs improve his tactical things in play...

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
His coach Vladimir Ruzicka has said in the media, that he will not let him go out of Slavia Prague next season. In his words, Hertl needs improve his tactical things in play...
I don't get this. Is this the Slavia Praha coach? Or more like a personal coach?

I am hoping for our sake we get Hertl next year but not sure how is current contract is written and if has an NHL out-clause or not.

02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by "tactical things"? It's a strange wording. (I realize English might not be your first language, so bear with me. )

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by "tactical things"? It's a strange wording. (I realize English might not be your first language, so bear with me. )
You're right, English is not my first language. It's obvious. I'm not even hockey player at all. Vladimir Ruzicka is not personal coach of Hertl. He is "big boss" in Slavia Praha. I have no idea, what Hertl has to improve in his game. Tactical things I see one thing on Hertl only, He can scores. No idea about defense and next things we can call tactical. Sorry Ruzicka was not specific in article. And I'm not sure about Hertl contracts either.

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Squeeven

Nice, I'm pretty excited about this kid. Hopefully he can really improve his speed/skating. This guy is definitely a keeper too. If DW trades this kid like he did Coyle, I will absolutely freak.

Also any speculation like this on Cristophe Lalancette? I saw his numbers look pretty good in the QMJHL.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:51 PM
OrrNumber4

That list is old, no? Pre-draft?

In any case, Hertl would have to beat the odds to become a consistent top-6 NHL forward.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
You're right, English is not my first language. It's obvious. I'm not even hockey player at all. Vladimir Ruzicka is not personal coach of Hertl. He is "big boss" in Slavia Praha. I have no idea, what Hertl has to improve in his game. Tactical things I see one thing on Hertl only, He can scores. No idea about defense and next things we can call tactical. Sorry Ruzicka was not specific in article. And I'm not sure about Hertl contracts either.
So basically he is not responsible defensively and just an offense player right now. We're pretty good at fixing that.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
So basically he is not responsible defensively and just an offense player right now. We're pretty good at fixing that.
But do we really want to FIX that? We need offense dammit.

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:03 PM
stalockrox

This same thing was posted in the Prospect thread.

Hertl's two way game is good. He still needs to work on his skating and he's 19 so there are going to be aspects of his game that need improving.

I would imagine his Slavia coach doesn't want to lose one of his better players. If there's an out clause in his contract, Hertl, his agent, his current team and DW will decide where he plays next season. If there isn't, not much anyone can do.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:05 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Really? From everything I've read here, he's very smart defensively and throws the body around frequently.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote