HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
They're very against this trade, which makes me laugh a bit, because Bishop is a quality goaltender and Nino will not want to play there.

His value is gone, they need to deal with a team that actually has depth somewhere to give up.
I'm not sure if you are saying we're good trading partners or bad ones with that last statement lol

Anyway, I think it's something that management should explore...but apparently Snow refuses to trade him.

Getting Bishop + a defenceman back for Nino would be huge for them IMO (would be a depth defenceman).

Old
02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I'm not sure if you are saying we're good trading partners or bad ones with that last statement lol

Anyway, I think it's something that management should explore...but apparently Snow refuses to trade him.

Getting Bishop + a defenceman back for Nino would be huge for them IMO (would be a depth defenceman).
Well, Nino's value as a prospect is heavily impacted by his unwillingness to stay with the franchise.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
I like it, 1 question?

Who plays on the right? I assume you where in a hurry when you put Karlsson on the left....... Yandle or Cowen, can either play on the right side if they can I am all in.

I think the only way Yandle is dealt is for a #1 center
Yeah Karlsson was just a rush.
However, Im the worst for that, i input them into the lineup like robots.
In my mind every center can play wing if necessary, every dman can play LS or RS as needed and players never get tired, sick, have problems at home etc.

Im not sure if either Cowen or Yandle can or have played on the RS.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Yes. I doubt that Colorado does this though.
Doubt it as well... But if they would, I would.

Many here look at Turris as untouchable.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Well there goes my pipe dream... Gagne to Philly for conditional 4th.

Old
Deku Scrub
"Let's Win It All"

vCash: 0
Gagne to Flyers for a 4th round pick.

I would've liked him in Ottawa for a 4th.

Old
Smitty26

so whoever was talking about simone gagne before.....been traded back to philly

Old
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Well, Nino's value as a prospect is heavily impacted by his unwillingness to stay with the franchise.
Absolutely agree.

It is difficult to understand why Snow has taken such a hard line with Nino, really doesn't make sense on the surface.

A trade centered around Bishop for Nino is the kind of trade I hope Murray makes before the deadline, depth for weakness.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Well there goes my pipe dream... Gagne to Philly for conditional 4th.
what??? the all mighty kings aren't the same as last season???

but dude srsly are you a genie?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
derriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
would you guys do simone gagne for our 4th?
Are you a fortune teller?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post

Simon Gagne is a Philadelphia Flyers guy, I don't think he would be going to Ottawa for just a fourth, the history might have an impact on the asking price

Old
02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post

Gagne isn't the player he once was and Philly (Holmgren) is desperate to salvage something out of this season, though he needs D not a guy that hasn't scored this season.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:20 PM
derriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
It is difficult to understand why Snow has taken such a hard line with Nino, really doesn't make sense on the surface.
Its not difficult for me. If he allows a player to dictate what they want and demand a trade and actually get it, it sets a bad example. Especially if that player is their property for like 7 more years and hasn't proven anything.

Whats to stop Tavares in a couple years if he gets tired of losing? Obviously thats an extreme example, but if they allow Niño to do what he wants it could happen.

Also by punishing the first person hard, it deters others from even thinking about it.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Doubt it as well... But if they would, I would.

Many here look at Turris as untouchable.
I know...I've been arguing it in the Trade Rumours thread. People think that Turris is as good as O'Reilly, or close to it. I certainly don't think so.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Its not difficult for me. If he allows a player to dictate what they want and demand a trade and actually get it, it sets a bad example. Especially if that player is their property for like 7 more years and hasn't proven anything.

Whats to stop Tavares in a couple years if he gets tired of losing? Obviously thats an extreme example, but if they allow Niño to do what he wants it could happen.

Also by punishing the first person hard, it deters others from even thinking about it.
Nino isn't their property for 7 more years, next season his contract expires.

So while Snow can force the kid out of the NHL, in doing so loses an asset that cost his organization a first round pick and damages the organizations reputation beyond repair.

What the Islanders may reap from this approach is players refusing to sign after being drafted and reentering the draft.

Better a lost year than a lost career.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:

So while Snow can force the kid out of the NHL, in doing so loses an asset that cost his organization a first round pick and damages the organizations reputation beyond repair.

What the Islanders may reap from this approach is players refusing to sign after being drafted and reentering the draft.

how do you further reduce rubble?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
I know...I've been arguing it in the Trade Rumours thread. People think that Turris is as good as O'Reilly, or close to it. I certainly don't think so.
Agree you have been debating the value of O'Reilly, made many good points too.

However today you don't think Turris is as good or even close to O'Reilly, yet when I suggested Turris as the key piece in the deal you replied "Sending Turris the other way would not make the team better by much."

Old
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
how do you further reduce rubble?
Good point

Old
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:

Not sure I understand this. How does he become a UFA at 21? The Isles will retain his rights for quite some time as far as I can tell. He already signed and can not re-enter the draft. That ship sailed a few years ago.

Nino's trade value is going to be low really only based on a lack of interest. If no one else is interested in trading for him, and he doesn't want to be there, the Sens are in a good position. But I doubt there are a lack of suitors. As such, Snow will (and should) demand fair value. The Isles aren't going anywhere this year anyway, so not having him right now doesn't create any urgency.

Bishop for Nino would make sense for the Sens, but I'm not sure that is the deal Snow will want to do.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Not sure I understand this. How does he become a UFA at 21? The Isles will retain his rights for quite some time as far as I can tell. He already signed and can not re-enter the draft. That ship sailed a few years ago.

Nino's trade value is going to be low really only based on a lack of interest. If no one else is interested in trading for him, and he doesn't want to be there, the Sens are in a good position. But I doubt there are a lack of suitors. As such, Snow will (and should) demand fair value. The Isles aren't going anywhere this year anyway, so not having him right now doesn't create any urgency.

Bishop for Nino would make sense for the Sens, but I'm not sure that is the deal Snow will want to do.
i think its simply that he has no contract and could go play back in europe.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post

Sorry I guess my post wasn't clear, the post was in response to the Isles taking a tough stance and punishing Nino for asking to be traded. I was suggesting that approach could prove costly in regards to future draftees.

I wasn't suggesting Nino could reenter the draft or that the Islanders wouldn't maintain his NHL rights. Though Nino could play in Europe at the expiration of his contract if he so desired.

What Snow might want for Nino I choose not to enter that debate. GMs always want the moon and stars, yet usually settle for a lot less.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
i think its simply that he has no contract and could go play back in europe.
Exactly, just like Filatov.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Although it would probably never happen... what about trading for John Michael Liles... been a healthy scratch for the Leafs and I think he's still a pretty solid Offensive D and is signed to an ok 3.8MIL for 2 more years. Ship off Gonchar to a contender and Liles could be his replacement.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Although it would probably never happen... what about trading for John Michael Liles... been a healthy scratch for the Leafs and I think he's still a pretty solid Offensive D and is signed to an ok 3.8MIL for 2 more years. Ship off Gonchar to a contender and Liles could be his replacement.
Gonchar is playing fine

Honestly as much as it sucks it's likely we end up losing Gonchar for nothing but he's been good for us

Old
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I doubt Murray makes any deals until the trade deadline & at that point he could move a few guys who don't have futures in Ottawa for picks or prospects. Would love to get Tom Wilson RW from Washington and/or Radel Faska C out of Dallas.

Closed Thread