HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/26/13 7P - A Joe B. Christmas - Cam and Joel? Jordan and Eric? Any relation?

Old
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Is Semin going to gallantly lead the Canes to a Cup? No?

Was he a part of the solution to Cup success here? No?

Then ****ing get over it.

If you want to watch pond hockey just pop in a Mighty Ducks film.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I am not sure with Ovi and Nick committed long term, that it was best for us to push all in on yet another ~ lifetime contract, even if George wanted to lock up Semin / he was number one fan boy.

Casey Weldon err.... Wellman recalled...

Maybe he can take Jay "3rd line or bust" Beagle's spot tonight.
$187 million reasons that's why. They would have had to be morons of the highest calibre to turn those contracts down.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Is Semin going to gallantly lead the Canes to a Cup? No?

Was he a part of the solution to Cup success here? No?

Then ****ing get over it.

If you want to watch pond hockey just pop in a Mighty Ducks film.
By that logic every player on both rosters is ****ing worthless tho

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

sorry if already posted

"In his last 10 games – all of which have been spent playing on the right side – Ovechkin has totaled 53 shots on goal and 101 shots attempted; 26 were blocked and 22 missed. That rate would translate to a total of 435 shots on net over a full 82-game season, a figure that would rank as the third-highest mark of his NHL career.

Were Ovechkin to accumulate 435 shots on net in a season and score at his career shooting rate of 11.9%, he would finish an 82-game campaign with 52 goals, or just below the pace he established in his first five seasons."

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:16 PM
IkeaMonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
By that logic every player on both rosters is ****ing worthless tho
Time to blow it up.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Time to blow it up.
The best part is we're actually playing more of a pond hockey game than Carolina is.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
bacchist

It's 3% to 5% more likely that the Caps will make the playoffs if they win tonight. -4% to -6% if they lose... This is a relatively big game, representing up to an 11% swing in playoff chances.

We are 3 games behind the Canes and Lightning. The Lightning's probably going to beat the Sabres tonight, but we've got a game in hand. To a lesser extent, we are chasing the Jets and Panthers, who are playing the Rangers and Penguins, respectively. We have a game in hand against both, and they have tough opponents...

Ovechkin just had his best game of the season, the PP is firing on all cylinders, Holtby is playing well, and Green should return. This is a winnable game. If we win, we will be between 4 and 6 points out of the division lead with 30 games to play.

Anybody hoping the Caps lose tonight is either an idiot or not a Caps fan. Possibly both in some cases, but at least one of those will hold true.

Go Caps!

bacchist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
IkeaMonkey*

FWIW, Semin is going to be closer to winning the Cup than our current odds are to make the playoffs.

WHOOOOOOO TROY BROUWER!

Old
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Semin is going to tear the Caps defense apart. It's going to be ugly.
I think so too.

I hope not, though. I still have postseason hopes and this is important game.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Liberati0n*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey
57 Games 14 points

51 Games 34 points.

One of these is Brouwer's playoff production. The other is Semin's.

I'll let you guess which is which.
Brouwer's playoff production is also significantly lower than his regular season production. The guy flat-out disappears in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Jeremy Roenick @Jeremy_Roenick 2h
Just gotta say I liked Troy Brouwer before his Semin comments. But he jumps way up my popularity meter after his honest comments. Truthhurts
View details ·
Hopefully Mike Milbury will weigh in next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
One of these guys makes double the other and brings zero intangibles.
Intangibles, ha. Let's see, Semin is a much better offensive player, much better defensive player, better on the boards, and doesn't disappear in the playoffs nearly as much as Brouwer. Brouwer has a marginally above average shot and hits. I wonder why Semin makes more.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:23 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
sorry if already posted

"In his last 10 games – all of which have been spent playing on the right side – Ovechkin has totaled 53 shots on goal and 101 shots attempted; 26 were blocked and 22 missed. That rate would translate to a total of 435 shots on net over a full 82-game season, a figure that would rank as the third-highest mark of his NHL career.

Were Ovechkin to accumulate 435 shots on net in a season and score at his career shooting rate of 11.9%, he would finish an 82-game campaign with 52 goals, or just below the pace he established in his first five seasons."
Interesting. I'd love nothing more than for Ovie to score 50 goals en route to leading the Caps to the SCF. HF would explode. Don Cherry may commit Cherricide.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Yeah, you're probably right with your insightfulness. BTW this quote is directly from K. Carrera's WAPO yesterday, it's Ovechkin talking about Oates. But of course you and some others here have all the answers.

“He’s that kind of person who give me belief all the time,” Ovechkin said. “Sometimes I have a bad game, I talk to him and he said ‘It’s okay. Chance is there. It’s going to come.’ For a player, if you feel that kind of trust from a coach, coaching staff, it’s very important. Teammates see it. I think right now everybody enjoy how we play.”
Obviously he's gonna say whatever he needs to say to keep americans off his back for a game or two, especially now that he has that hat trick to buy him a week of peace and quiet. He's not a lughead like Brouwer or Roenick. Russian Ovechkin is a completely different animal.

He probably likes Oates, but I doubt he's happy with Ted, George and most of the rest of the organization.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
FWIW, Semin is going to be closer to winning the Cup than our current odds are to make the playoffs.

WHOOOOOOO TROY BROUWER!
Only until that pesky 2nd round appears....

Old
02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

If Semin can aid is in our tank this hater won't make a peep.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Good thing we won't have to worry about that this year then

Old
02-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Liberati0n*

Quote:
Maybe Brouwer will start showing up in even the first round. You know, if the Capitals make the playoffs.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Liberati0n*

Old
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
IkeaMonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Now just imagine how nice that assist would be if Semin had intangibles.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 50
Quote:
$187 million reasons that's why. They would have had to be morons of the highest calibre to turn those contracts down.
Why would George lie and say Semin wasn't looking for a long term contract, if he was? What did George stand to gain by saying that after the contract was inked?

Maybe Semin is not a product of capitalism and would like to remain free to play in any country he wants, like oh, lets just pick a country out of the hat.... Russia.

Not everyone in all professions can be sold to the highest bidder. Some like their freedom.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:58 PM
swimmer77
No 2nd guess, grind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
What an intangible-less play.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
IkeaMonkey*

A wise man once said.

Quote:
Sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Semin is labelled enigmatic, locker room cancer, lazy, can'tplay big games, eetc etc

He gets pinpointed when there is NO reason for it. He doesn't perform any worse than let's say a Backstrom (who I also love) yet semin was always relegated to lesser line mates that can't play his skilled game of hockey. He rarely played with someone on his skill level, Yet he still performed. Go look at some advanced stats with your hate shades off. He makes his line mates better defensively and offensively. He doesn't call out past teammates. He is always trying to lighten the mood at practices with a smile and having fun during games. He is an amazing playmaker always trying g to set up his teammates first. He was one of the best 2 way forwards on the caps when given the assignment.

Semin is definition of DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER.

He gets unfairly called with penalties because of it, received an embarrassingly amount of negative pr on free agency that was off base completely affecting HIS Career.

**** the ignorance, you don't know **** and I'm sick of all this coming up again from Washington fans.

You want an idea of lockeroom cancer? Go look at troy brouwer. Calling out current teammates over the summer. Calling out former teammates that are more connected to the franchise then himself. Hell troys captain was having dinner with semin that night. They are close friends for years. You don't think that's affecting someone mentally while firing up his opponents simultaneously?

Cancer.

It all boils down to the organization. And Washington is a sorry excuse for one. I don't recall brouwer calling out players in chicago. 2nd round playoff blunders? Sorry that wasn't just semin, it was the whole team mailing it in. Go re watch Tampa Bay series it was pathetic. That's not one player. The Washington capitals, since the first day I started watching them (acquiring fedorov) have been one of the most disjointed, poorly ran, non accountable franchises I've ever seen. And pointing the finger everywhere else is just another example of it.

Yet lets still dissect it.
So why is he being singled out? If it wasn't for him and his round 1 performances they'd have a tougher time getting into the 2nd round. Hell they might not even make the playoffs this year. Coincidence? I don't think so. Semin has been asking for a 2nd line center to the likes of ribeiro for years. They would have been perfect together. But Washington threw it in his face. **** that

Why is Sasha always being singled out?

I know why

He's a defenseless target that is misunderstood on all accounts. And his detractors are feeble minded asshats stuck in their old ways of what is required of a hockey player. They must grind, they most dump n chase, they must not have fun, they must not smile, be robots, be soldiers, be emotionless, for the team for the team, and they must be Canadian. Ess Tee EFF You already
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=64

Old
02-26-2013, 03:01 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

He didn't lie Randy. It was clearly stated. I was also privy to some conversations with Leonsis at the Season Ticketholder Advisory Board that year and Ted specifically stated Semin's side wanted a short term deal because they weren't happy with the longer term figures as discussed by the Caps.

To recap:

Caps were gunshy and didn't offer a high per annum $ amount on a long term deal.

Semin's team was ok with the short term contract at the higher number because they believed his play would parlay that into a long term deal at a higher salary per annum.

From Leonsis' mouth to a room of about 30 people that night.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
IkeaMonkey*

Quote:
He didn't lie Randy. It was clearly stated. I was also privy to some conversations with Leonsis at the Season Ticketholder Advisory Board that year and Ted specifically stated Semin's side wanted a short term deal because they weren't happy with the longer term figures as discussed by the Caps.

Was BradD in the room with you and Ted?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Closet Las Vegas fan

Quote:
Reads more like a girlfriend's defense and a lot of fiction.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Who knew this would turn into such a hostile thread?

I'd post the "that escalated quickly" meme but it's been done to death.

EYEuhFRAYtee is offline   Reply With Quote