HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Perry- An actual hockey trade

Old
02-26-2013, 03:04 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Adam Larsson spends considerable time in the A every now and then. Ryan Callahan spent a game or 2 on the third line with this "AHLer". Does that diminish those 2 players' values?
Adam Larsson hasn't played a game in the AHL, aside from the lockout stint, in almost one calendar year.

As for the OP, how can you trade a player with 2 months left on his contract and then ask for no rental proposals? What do you expect to get?

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Who cares if Bennett is a question mark? Let him play. Do you think every player on the Kings' roster was a sure thing last season, around mid-season?

I really hate this fear of playing young players just because they haven't proven anything. At least they haven't proven they're mediocre, either, which is what a lot of proven players do.

I mentioned Staal because he used to be our third-best offensive player before we traded him. But Perry is on another level.

I don't even know why we are arguing, Anaheim would want more than Kunitz and Despres for Perry, rightfully so.

And Shero could do worse than add another NHL MVP to the fold, believe me.
do you think the probable cost of Perry is justifiable from the Pens' perspective if they fail to re-sign him and they lose at least one top-6 guy in the trade for him?

you're right, though. Anaheim wouldn't want Kunitz and Despres for Perry. the cost would most likely make Shero back away from Perry until he becomes a free agent (IF he becomes a free agent).

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Ballard is a pile of dog doo doo.. Schroeder is a B prospect. This deal is the worst of the bunch.
Someone hasn't watched a Canucks game this year...

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
TO BUF: Pommenville +Leopold/Regehr

TO ANA: 2013 #1 + exclusive rights to negotiate with Perry after the season

TO BUF: Pommenville +Ott +Leopold/Regehr/Weber
TO ANA: 2013 #1 + young quality prospect+exclusive rights to negotiate with Perry after the season.

Anaheim would love to get Ott--they know him all too well from his Dallas playing for Dallas.

Buffalo would have the cap room to try and sign Perry.
Why on earth would Perry want to sign here? That's BAD asset management for Buffalo. Especially if you're just asking for negotiating rights. Remember what Ehrhoff's cost? A 4th. Perry if better than Ehrhoff but not the difference between a 4th and Pominville + Ott.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
For Perry, who is elite, but is not worth tearing down this team. He is a Sharp guy too. Why would he agree to 5 year 6M contract, when he knows he can get close to 7.5 3 months later?
there is more to it than money. A trade off in going to NY or tornoto is the ad/marketing deals that can be gotten for players.

Another factor would be quality of the team he is with. does he want more money or does he want to get the cup? That is a legit tradeoff there.

Also remember---players know with the shrunk cap they cant get the money they would have gotten before without destroying the team. You cant pay a sigle player $10M/yr...it will handcuff a team.

the salaries of the players will go down in UFA signings next season.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:11 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Quote:
TO BUF: Pommenville +Leopold/Regehr

TO ANA: 2013 #1 + exclusive rights to negotiate with Perry after the season

TO BUF: Pommenville +Ott +Leopold/Regehr/Weber
TO ANA: 2013 #1 + young quality prospect+exclusive rights to negotiate with Perry after the season.

Anaheim would love to get Ott--they know him all too well from his Dallas playing for Dallas.

Buffalo would have the cap room to try and sign Perry.
In Buffalo's dreams!

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Why on earth would Perry want to sign here? That's BAD asset management for Buffalo. Especially if you're just asking for negotiating rights. Remember what Ehrhoff's cost? A 4th. Perry if better than Ehrhoff but not the difference between a 4th and Pominville + Ott.
reread what I said....they are giving them away for negotiating rights...they are getting a 2013#1 in return...if they trade Ott they will get a quality prospect back.

Instead of giving a 4th for that they are ggiving players back.

Buffalo does have a chance given their close proximety to his home town.

If they dont have rights, they unload Pommers $5.5M cap hit next year and can sign a UFA next season...One of those could be Perry.

As what was done with Ehrhoff....if they cant sign Perry they can trade his negotiating rights for a 4th round pick.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
there is more to it than money. A trade off in going to NY or tornoto is the ad/marketing deals that can be gotten for players.

Another factor would be quality of the team he is with. does he want more money or does he want to get the cup? That is a legit tradeoff there.

Also remember---players know with the shrunk cap they cant get the money they would have gotten before without destroying the team. You cant pay a sigle player $10M/yr...it will handcuff a team.

the salaries of the players will go down in UFA signings next season.
Agreed, we probably won't see 10M contracts anymore. but GM's will open the checkbook for elite players. Perry is elite, I don't see him get less than 7.5.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post
Erik Cole + Nathan Beaulieu + Calgary's 2nd round pick from the Habs for Perry.

The 2nd being conditionnal to Perry resigning with the Habs.

Cole clearly wants to go back to the US for his daughter's future and it must have something to do with his lack of motivation lately. As for Beaulieu, he's a top defense prospect with puck moving abilities, but we do have a lot with the Habs right now (Subban, Diaz, Weber, Markov...) and he could behind more experienced players when he's NHL ready.
I doubt Anaheim takes that, with Cole underperforming and Beaulieu not living up to the hype and a conditional 2nd on top of all that.

02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
whskybarJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
who on the Flyers defense would the Ducks even want for Perry?
not a single person, hence my slightly sarcastic "have your pick" statement.

their D is an irritant. I can't blame them, I blame the drafting. I miss pronger.

nevermind, do not care anymore. My guy is back. Here comes the stanley cup run, he has the flyers touch for big time goals.

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:34 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I don't know if we'll see a trade if Ducks are a playoff contender. Will be difficult to find a team that will offer Ducks some pieces which would NOT lower their cup chances considerably. And vice-versa.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:44 PM
billybudd
5 cups pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...d-bad-ref-luck

Lots of speculation Perry might get dealt if he isn't extended by the deadline, even if the Ducks are in the hunt.

My proposal: a hockey trade that gives the Ducks a player than can play today + future help. No Hossa/Kovalchuk rental-type returns.

Something like Kunitz+Dupres. Or Kreider + 1st. Horton + 1st.

Thoughts?
Pending UFA? Not gonna get return like that unless he agrees to an extension ahead of time.

Look at the Hossa and Kovalchuk trades to get an idea of what Anaheim could get back.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
billybudd
5 cups pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Har har.

I can't see Kunitz being included in this deal if Perry isn't extended. If the Pens couldn't re-sign him in the off-season they'd be making their lack of quality wingers situation exponentially worse.

If Perry was extended and his cap hit made it feasible for the Pens to have him? Sure.
Basically, this. If he signed an extension as part of the trade, those suggestions do make some sense.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Who cares if Bennett is a question mark? Let him play. Do you think every player on the Kings' roster was a sure thing last season, around mid-season?

I really hate this fear of playing young players just because they haven't proven anything. At least they haven't proven they're mediocre, either, which is what a lot of proven players do.

I mentioned Staal because he used to be our third-best offensive player before we traded him. But Perry is on another level.

I don't even know why we are arguing, Anaheim would want more than Kunitz and Despres for Perry, rightfully so.

And Shero could do worse than add another NHL MVP to the fold, believe me.
This all depends on whether one thinks the Pens can re-sign Perry. You do and obviously then he is worth all that and more. A lot of other Pens fans here disagree about this, because of the huge payday he's likely get next summer and that changes the situation quite a bit. I don't see you coming together here ever until you agree about this one fundamental thing.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:28 PM
TOML

Well, the cap isn't an issue for Anaheim to easily keep both long-term.

Any trade will be like the Hossa trade, and it'll probably be an expensive rental.

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Soundgarden

Ryan Ellis/Jon Blum+ Spaling or ther roster player+ 1st From Nashville ?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:30 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 2848
Only way it's not a rental-type return (i.e. picks/prospects) is if it's another pending UFA going back and both sides know their respective player wants out but has a shot at signing the other. The only one close to Perry in value that's a UFA this summer is Semin (Iginla is too old), otherwise maybe Ribeiro/Horton/Roy plus.

Odds are it's a rental-type return or they keep him and hope he re-signs.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Oroku Saki*

I'd give up quite a bit for Perry.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
ehockey

As someone else said...I too believe Perry would be the perfect winger missing from that lineup but the assets they would have to first give up, mixed with the Cap situation for the coming years makes it unlikely to happen IMO.

A) they lose Perry to free agency if no extension is reached which would be unacceptable to Ray
B) the ~7mil/year long-term that he will likely sign for gives PIT about 4mil to fill out around 6 roster spots depending on holes filled from developing players next season, and within two years they'll look to resign Geno and Letang to long term deals.

ehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
edruga

vCash: 666
Kessel for Perry

edruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:57 PM
MuchoMacho

How come there's no talk about Getzlaf? Is it just assumed he'll re-sign or is it somehow implied in all these talks that he'd be less of a loss?

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
How come there's no talk about Getzlaf? Is it just assumed he'll re-sign or is it somehow implied in all these talks that he'd be less of a loss?
Most of the reporting has him wanting to stay. If something changes I'm sure you'll see a thread for it.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:14 PM
david999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
I think he married a girl from there, and it's assumed he would like to stay with the Ducks.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Wildcarder

Perry to Philly just seems a natural fit in terms of player/team although the cap and assets it'll take to get him may not make as much sense.

Either Briere+ for Perry+ or something around Meszaros or Coburn?

Wildcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:23 PM
bsmith14

Perry will get back wayyyyy more if he agrees in principal to sign with the team trading for him. If its just for post trade deadline than you will see teams offer much less (ie Hossa to Pittsburgh).

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote