HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 5.0: Diaz and Bourque out with concussions

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
this is a significant loss. he insulated both gionta and pleks with his size and willingness to go the net. prust is ok there but doesn't have the hands or speed of bourque

Old
02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
First post is dated 2012 and says "first skated feb 18". Is there something difficult in having a new injury thread for a new season? Why keep 30 pages of outdated information and discussion for no reason?
Yes...as I said, the first post is the original post of the thread and it gets updated continuously with new updates. This is nothing new, it's the way we've been doing it for 5 threads now. Petteri Nokelainen first skated Feb. 18th 2013.

If you want to discuss it further, PM me, no sense cluttering up the thread with this conversation. Anyway this thread is closing in on 1k so we'll have a nice new thread very shortly.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If you want to discuss it further, PM me, no sense cluttering up the thread with this conversation. Anyway this thread is closing in on 1k so we'll have a nice new thread very shortly.
I hope not...if you know what I mean

Old
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Agreed 100%, the fundamental problem was that it was a blowout to begin with.
Not a legitimate solution, as every team except Chicago gets blown out from time to time.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
Really? I don't think Colton Orr is exactly the type to be intimidated by anyone else (see his tilt with John Scott). He did what a player of his calibre always does - went after Plekanec's knee, then grabbed the nearest red sweater (Gionta). When Bourque showed up to try and pull Orr off Gionta (I guess a "real tough guy" like Orr feels the need to go after the smallest guy on the ice) Rene got a sucker punch for his efforts. Maybe, I suppose, if your hypothetical tough guy got to Orr/Gionta first then he might have prevented it, but if he's as slow as most guys like Orr is probably wasn't going to be him.

And of course the league let him off scott free. That's the problem....
If we had a tough guy, Gionta, pleks, bourque wouldn't be on the ice in a 6-0 game vs the leafs 4th line with home ice.

Of course it wouldn't/shouldn't have happened.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Kassian needs to be on the ice first. Kassian-Plekanec-Gionta is not a line combo that would ever happen even in a blowout.

Even if Kassian was on the ice, Orr had his sights set solely on Plekanec. I doubt he gives a rats ass about "protocol". He wanted payback for that thrown stick or whatever, so he would have taken the run FIRST and then start the scrapping. Get the shot in first, fight some opposing the available next game. After all, that's what Bourque did after concussing Backstrom, Cooke after concussing Savard, etc.
Our top line shouldn't be out against other teams enforcers in a 6-0 blowout at any time, especially with home-ice. The problem is we have nothing to combat it with. I guess it's better to throw the vets out there than the 2 gallys.

Never, should our top stars be on the ice in this situation. It's about time we address this issue instead of kicking the can down the street.

Losing 6-0 and we put out our top players against leaf scrubs. Poor coaching and lack of real deterrents. We need to address it. I've said so long before this.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Et le But

There are currently 25 players out with concussions. In the past 12 days, there was 10 known concussions. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...h-rene-bourque

That's a lot of teams that need heavyweight enforcers apparently.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:07 PM

How did Bourque get a concussion? I don't remember him being hit hard.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
How did Bourque get a concussion? I don't remember him being hit hard.
Colton Orr suckerpunch.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:40 PM
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
Well that escalated quickly...

Old
02-26-2013, 07:20 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
There are currently 25 players out with concussions. In the past 12 days, there was 10 known concussions. http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...h-rene-bourque

That's a lot of teams that need heavyweight enforcers apparently.
The "toughness debate" really brings about some of the most flawed logic I've ever witnessed, really.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:30 PM
habtastic

This just enrages me more that Orr gets to run around like a wild monkey. Specifically what he did, i.e., punching a defenseless (if you call having your arms akimbo defense, don't get in a fight) guy WITH his gloves on, NOT trying to fight with your bare knuckles, without suspension....NHL, wtf!??

And forget the talk about the tough guy thing. That's getting into a whole world of what ifs. Point is Orr did something that, if you take concussions seriously (oh wait, that's right, this did result in one), that is suspendable and at the very least reprehensible. Orr is someone who I would like to be introduced to karma.

...to say nothing of what he tried on Pleks.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:58 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
How about a new injury thread? I saw the title, thought Bourque just got a concussion, read the first posts date and thought it was last year then skimmed the comment and realized it was recent again!
You'll get a new thread soon. It's almost at the limit. It's not very hard to click on the last page though. The thread title has been consistently updated for a week now. If it was old, it would have been locked and done away with.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
this is a significant loss. he insulated both gionta and pleks with his size and willingness to go the net. prust is ok there but doesn't have the hands or speed of bourque
Not sure if I agree with you on the speed part. I think prust is at least equal, if not a better skater.

It seems like there's been a barrage of concussions lately throughout the league. All we can do is hope bourque suffers no PCS

Old
02-27-2013, 12:31 AM
McNuts

Enforcers are usually bad and take a lot of penalties per minute of ice time. And since they are bad, they need to play few minutes, which increases the load on the other lines and will result in energy problems in a very compact calendar. More penalty kills and a slightly worse and more tired team in exchange for having goon fights would not be a very good decision.

Enforcers don't make a better team. The Kings didn't have an enforcer last year. Chicago didn't have an enforcer in 2010. Detroit didn't have an enforcer in 2008.

The pro-enforcer opinion is based on myths, old school mentalities and magical thinking.

If an enforcer is better than our worst forward, that's fine. But why take out a better player to replace him with a worse player just because he can fight? Fights don't win games, having better players do.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
Enforcers are usually bad and take a lot of penalties per minute of ice time. And since they are bad, they need to play few minutes, which increases the load on the other lines and will result in energy problems in a very compact calendar. More penalty kills and a slightly worse and more tired team in exchange for having goon fights would not be a very good decision.

Enforcers don't make a better team. The Kings didn't have an enforcer last year. Chicago didn't have an enforcer in 2010. Detroit didn't have an enforcer in 2008.

The pro-enforcer opinion is based on myths, old school mentalities and magical thinking.

If an enforcer is better than our worst forward, that's fine. But why take out a better player to replace him with a worse player just because he can fight? Fights don't win games, having better players do.
Oh yeah? Wanna go? Huh? C'mon *****? Let's go right now? Drop them...

Old
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
theschwab13

any news on long he is out for sure?

Old
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
pine

vCash: 50
The Concussion Report

Diaz.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
domdo345

yep just saw this....good thing we still have kaberle and weber!

edit: I was listening the first period of monday's game on the radio and if I remember correctly, Diaz was hit hard by Greening.

quoting myself for people asking when...

Last edited by domdo345: 02-27-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Diaz.

Sorry... what???? Is this true??

Old
Coldplay
Courage

Are you serious...

Old
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Damnit! When did this happen?

Old
02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
LePoche69

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Raphael Diaz (commotion cérébrale) ne jouera pas ce soir. Tomas Kaberle prend sa place. #canadiens #RDS

Old
Coldplay
Courage

@RenLavoieRDS: Raphael Diaz (concussion) is out. Tomas Kaberle in. #canadiens

Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
**** off! HOW?