HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks Win 3-2 over the Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 03:51 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So in your logic, he could of crosschecked Carcillo in the face to avoid the hit and it would be OK? I mean, he shouldn't have to worry about Carcillos face since Carcillo is hitting him.
strawman

Old
02-26-2013, 03:56 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Hard to quibble when they keep winning despite the underwhelming margins and close games ---goaltending and D are great (well the Oduya-Hammer combo -- so well in sink--and Rosival -Leddy ---Rosival playing outstanding hockey to solidify that combo --Brookbank having trouble getting back in because what coach would dare take Rosival out -he's playing out of this world -I guess he wants to wina Cup...as for the 2-7 numero uno pair--well it appears one of them goofs or loses focus at times--last night's gift goal coutesy Keith was a prime example--BUT when the 3-4 and 5-6 guys outplay the hiugher paid 1-2 guys -that IS the difference-making required to keep winning...Also our goaltending so much better this year...and the forwards committed to the work required to defend well..

So no complaints or few defensively..

Turning to the offense--nice to get contributions all over the lineup and from Kane's turnaround year---BUT the close margins of victory would be fewer and we would be much more dominating on the scoreboard IF Cap'n Serious and Sharpie were lighting the lamp more or getting multipont difference-maker games instead of NADA point games or the odd 1 asist game ...Even Hossa had a long stretch of NADA goal before his recent last 3 goals..

The point is some of our big guns are not filling the net enough though you can't crticize the effort to score-it is not laziness the culprit --just ineffective finishing due to opposing goalie efforts or bad luck --but STILL the big guns are not supposed to be this silent tooo long...It is a concern..

Finally it is not the number of shots we take on net but the number of quality chances we are failing to convert on that concerns me...SAAD is making world class speed-power -take-away moves for chances on goal or set-ups--he should be getting more reward --that is points --for those efforts but somehow not getting results that should be occurring from those efforts...Toews is dominating down low behind the net but somehow again the efforts are not converting to enough goals for the effort exerted...In short we are working hard but what ought to end in more goals for appears to be curtailed to lower scores for us than we ought to get,,,

Surely every goalie we run into cannot be "on" with his Georges Vezina imperonation ?
Surely like many teams each night we OUGHT to be getting some mediocrity and "off" games for opposing goalies--but it appears NOT!

Surely we OUGHT to get teams not trying as hard to beat us due to tiredness or simply because they cannot matchour talent --but instead it appears every team playsits best games trying for the honour of knocking us off our pedestal... Kudos to them all for daring to think they can hang with us and think they can beat us--and so TOO MANY teams we face seem to play their best games against us while stinking vs. the previousa or nest opponent...

With our talent AND our work level--we OUGHT to be dominating more on the scoreboard-it is just that opposing refuse to give us easy games..

Maybe we can "break out bigtime vs. STL ?
It will most likely be another 2-1 or 3-2 game IMO...not sure which way it will go.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
strawman
Not really.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

just leave a bit of info here..

The Chicago Blackhawks have played 1178 minutes, 25 seconds of hockey this season. They've been behind +1 goal for only 10:06 of it.

Hawks are 8-of-57 (14%) on the PP since fifth game of the season. And two of those goals were on 5-on-3s.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:30 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Maybe my memory is biased, but I don't recall it being on the level that Yakupov did last night.
Yeah, I don't think your memory is biased. I can't remember anytime Kane ever did what Yakupov did to avoid a hit. Kane shifts his body position at the last second or gets completely out of the way.. but I can't remember him doing that.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Not really.
comparing ducking to avoid getting hit to crosschecking somebody in the face is absurd.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
comparing ducking to avoid getting hit to crosschecking somebody in the face is absurd.
But you said do what it takes to avoid the hit, who cares about the other player. So no, its not absurd.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Blue Liner

What Yakubov did isn't against any official rules but it's against the unwritten rules. You're taught as you grow up playing that you never duck to avoid a hit. It's just considered to be a dirty way to avoid being hit and it's something that's definitely looked down upon amongst players.

Sidestepping (upright) a hit altogether is a world different than ducking and subsequently taking a guys lower half out. You just don't do that.

As for Kane, I honestly can't remember a time in his career where he did something like that. What he has been guilty of, however, is getting his stick up high in defense and clipping guys in the head and face. He's seemed to have curbed that as I can't recall him doing that in some time now.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:43 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
But you said do what it takes to avoid the hit, who cares about the other player. So no, its not absurd.
um, crosschecking somebody in the face isn't avoiding the hit...

Old
02-27-2013, 12:19 AM
massivegoonery

Yeah, but if a man made of straw take a run at you, is it okay to set him on fire?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
um, crosschecking somebody in the face isn't avoiding the hit...
Neither is ducking, you're still getting hit.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:17 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
What Yakubov did isn't against any official rules but it's against the unwritten rules. You're taught as you grow up playing that you never duck to avoid a hit. It's just considered to be a dirty way to avoid being hit and it's something that's definitely looked down upon amongst players.

Sidestepping (upright) a hit altogether is a world different than ducking and subsequently taking a guys lower half out. You just don't do that.

As for Kane, I honestly can't remember a time in his career where he did something like that. What he has been guilty of, however, is getting his stick up high in defense and clipping guys in the head and face. He's seemed to have curbed that as I can't recall him doing that in some time now.
I got the vibe Eddie O was on the verge of going on a rant against junior level coaches for teaching kids what Yakupov did, but held back and only hinted at it.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post

I was having a good morning until you brought up the bust that was Mikhail.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Yeah, but if a man made of straw take a run at you, is it okay to set him on fire?
If you're in the middle of the Black Rock Desert, yes.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Yakubov once scored a beautiful goal in NHL '06 for me. Wrister off the post and in. My fondest memory of his time with the Hawks.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Hard to quibble when they keep winning despite the underwhelming margins and close games.....

With our talent AND our work level--we OUGHT to be dominating more on the scoreboard-it is just that opposing refuse to give us easy games..
You do understand that the talent difference in a cap world NHL can never be that great?

You are complaining that we aren't winning enough games by bigger scores when we haven't lost all year in regulation, and only twice in out last 37 games?

Our goal differential is +25 in 19 games, a pace that would put us at +108 over a full season. Boston led the NHL last season at +61 (note I do not include shoot outs for this purpose). The next closest in the West is the Ducks at +9, followed by the Canucks, LA and Phoenix at +4.

In NHL speak, we are dominating other teams by a margin seldom seen. So I wouldn't worry that the fact we don't win by 3 goals or more every night somehow means there is some fatal flaw in our team. The randomness of hockey assures that teams are never going to win by such a margin all the time.

To expect that things could and should improve for us is silly. Things for us are going about as well as any team can ever expect in a NHL cap world.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I got the vibe Eddie O was on the verge of going on a rant against junior level coaches for teaching kids what Yakupov did, but held back and only hinted at it.
I more got the impression he was questioning whether youth players were being taught that or not. I can't say for certain there's never been a junior coach anywhere tell his players to low-bridge a player trying to hit them, but in all my time being around junior hockey as a player and otherwise I've never once seen or heard that myself, for what that's worth. As far as the youth levels, both as an official for a number of years and watching games I've rarely seen kids even do that so I don't think it's something that's being taught by coaches, at least not on the whole as a common practice. Like I said, you're often taught the exact opposite and that it's something you shouldn't do.

And YakuPov. Sorry.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:07 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Neither is ducking, you're still getting hit.
lol give me a break.

Closed Thread