HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Is the team performing as you expected?

Old
02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
major major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsfan77 View Post
We don't have a single forward who could play top 6 minutes on a contending team.
I'm impressed with the battle, and a little disappointed in the offence. I don't think its true, as quoted above, that we don't have a guy who would be top 6 on a contender. In terms of current production it definitely looks like none merit top 6, but a lot of these guys would slot in nicely on good teams second lines. Foligno was doing it last year, when he had 32 assists running with Turris and Alfredsson. I think Dubinsky, Anisimov, Brassard, and Umberger would be top 6 in many other contexts.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Interesting read. Some good insight in with some questionable analysis. But that is par for the course.

I have no idea why MB took his Howson issues to the mains, but whatever.
Where there is illogical posting, cosmic forces will draw me.

Why do you think I'm on the trade boards a decent amount too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
I am not one to wish ill on another team, even the Red wings, but i will make an exception for the Oilers.

May they languish in last place FOREVER
No, may they be stuck in a CBJ-style existence forever. Finish out of the playoffs by a mile, and never in a position to draft a franchise player. And may their next journey to #1 overall be in a year like 1996, where there are no franchise players.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Where there is illogical posting, cosmic forces will draw me.

Why do you think I'm on the trade boards a decent amount too?

No, may they be stuck in a CBJ-style existence forever. Finish out of the playoffs by a mile, and never in a position to draft a franchise player. And may their next journey to #1 overall be in a year like 1996, where there are no franchise players.
So long as they Rot in Futility

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:43 PM
jacketsfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I'm impressed with the battle, and a little disappointed in the offence. I don't think its true, as quoted above, that we don't have a guy who would be top 6 on a contender. In terms of current production it definitely looks like none merit top 6, but a lot of these guys would slot in nicely on good teams second lines. Foligno was doing it last year, when he had 32 assists running with Turris and Alfredsson. I think Dubinsky, Anisimov, Brassard, and Umberger would be top 6 in many other contexts.
i will give you anisimov and foligno on the right team, but dubinsky and umberger are 3rd line players. Brassard? Not really sure about this guy. He has the talent to be a good 2nd line center, but something is missing.

jacketsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Dead Horse

After 20 games: Last place. 13 Points.
I expected we have 18-20 points by now.

Turn out the lights, the party's over.
Only mathematical elimination awaits.

There is always next year.

Dead Horse is offline   Reply With Quote