HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 09:49 PM
  #801
AndrewYotes
Registered User
 
AndrewYotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Seattle is better than anywhere else. Similar timezone, still American and Western Conference.

AndrewYotes is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:00 PM
  #802
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midtown Phoenix
Country: France
Posts: 60,655
vCash: 100
I'm starting to think that I could still support this franchise if we moved to Seattle.

Quebec City, no.

Primrose Everdeen is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
  #803
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,348
vCash: 500
It will be another laughable budget type situation in Seattle, with minimal fan support. It's a 'good' hockey town but the double shock of getting both the NBA and the NHL back wouldn't be a good thing. Seating capacity will be something like 10k, at most, because they'd have to play in Key arena which is way worse than AWA ever was. It is by no means a sure thing type of market.

I don't see a win in either scenario. Watching Shane Doan's corpse try and sneak into the playoffs one more time via the trap isn't my cup of tea.

XX is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
  #804
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 1329
Not that attendance is the real issue with this team but only 2 people away from getting to 29th in the league. Not bad with the 4 years of negative press.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
  #805
Ted Mosby
Registered User
 
Ted Mosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MacLaren's
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Not that attendance is the real issue with this team but only 2 people away from getting to 29th in the league. Not bad with the 4 years of negative press.
And already ahead of Columbus in terms of % capacity

Ted Mosby is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:16 AM
  #806
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?
 
DirtyOldMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...yup, still in AZ.
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
It occurs to me that whether I root for them after they leave depends in part on whether they keep the name Coyotes (and logo would help). But if they end up being the 'new Nordiques' or the Seattle Ice Sonics or whatever, less likely.

I still think we have another year or two here, though.

DirtyOldMan is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:24 AM
  #807
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,443
vCash: 500
Reading these threads more and more makes me want to do tequila shots.

So far at this time we have no real news and more of the same everything else.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
  #808
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midtown Phoenix
Country: France
Posts: 60,655
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Reading these threads more and more makes me want to do tequila shots.

So far at this time we have no real news and more of the same everything else.
I'll drink a beer for every shot of tequila you do.

Primrose Everdeen is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:46 AM
  #809
Vip
****n good milkshake
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
I'm starting to think that I could still support this franchise if we moved to Seattle.

Quebec City, no.
Considering the amount of flack they have given us, I doubt I will either.

Vip is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
  #810
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
As a French teacher, I really should be fine with the QC thing. But the whole QC/Canadians trolling every AZ news site, hockey site, fb group, etc... I just can't. I'll feel sad for doan and probably won't watch the games with any more interest than I currently watch other games...I.e., I'll watch to see how players position themselves, etc. because I myself want to play better, but I wont really care who wins or be sad if I miss a game on tv or anything. It will be more of a "well, there's nothing else on and I don't feel like going out" thing for me

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
  #811
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It will be another laughable budget type situation in Seattle, with minimal fan support. It's a 'good' hockey town but the double shock of getting both the NBA and the NHL back wouldn't be a good thing. Seating capacity will be something like 10k, at most, because they'd have to play in Key arena which is way worse than AWA ever was. It is by no means a sure thing type of market.

I don't see a win in either scenario. Watching Shane Doan's corpse try and sneak into the playoffs one more time via the trap isn't my cup of tea.
I'd expect Levin to be a big spender. His track record with the Wolves certainly suggests it.

Gives me an idea. If he sells the Chicago Wolves and gets an NHL club in Seattle, how about the "Washington Wolves" as a team name?

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
  #812
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
I've seen Portland(Oregon) mentioned as a possible destination for the Yotes to relocate to but honestly I hope you guys get to stay where you are. It's a crappy feeling to have your team taken from you and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

GwtGlads2013 is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:46 PM
  #813
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
4 years and we're no where nearer to closure than the day That Jack Ass put us in Bankruptcy. Really how much more pain and agony do we have to endure?

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
  #814
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
4 years and we're no where nearer to closure than the day That Jack Ass put us in Bankruptcy. Really how much more pain and agony do we have to endure?

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  #815
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd expect Levin to be a big spender. His track record with the Wolves certainly suggests it.

Gives me an idea. If he sells the Chicago Wolves and gets an NHL club in Seattle, how about the "Washington Wolves" as a team name?
The Wolves have always been one of the best attended and most successful AHL franchises, right? That won't be the case with a Seattle NHL team. That team will also not be the primary tenant, so who knows what revenue streams they will have access to. I'm not buying the spin that Levin is wealthy enough or cares to lose that much money just to spend to the cap every year.

QC is a slam dunk. Seattle? Not so much. Give me the sure thing if you are going to take my team away.

XX is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM
  #816
Vip
****n good milkshake
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 50
I'm sure you guys have already discussed it at one point, but who is your team if Yotes leave?

Mine is most likely San Jose, as I was born in that area and have family there. Colorado is also another option for me since Denver is relatively close to me. I wouldn't mind adopting NYI as my team because of the obsession I have with John Tavares.


Last edited by Vip: 02-26-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Vip is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
  #817
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?
 
DirtyOldMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...yup, still in AZ.
Posts: 779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Gives me an idea. If he sells the Chicago Wolves and gets an NHL club in Seattle, how about the "Washington Wolves" as a team name?
Only if they rename the team with that one Russian guy to something like 'DC Capitals'

DirtyOldMan is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
  #818
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I'm sure you guys have already discussed it at one point, but who is your team if Yotes leave?

Mine is most likely San Jose, as I was born in that area and have family there. Colorado is also another option for me since Denver is relatively close to me. I wouldn't mind adopting NYI as my team because of the obsession I have with John Tavares.
Probably nobody in the NHL. I've tried to watch other teams and pretend to care about the outcome, but so far I haven't been able to make it happen. Maybe the ducks, since I enjoyed the movies?

Most likely I will go to a few asu and sun dogs games, and of course I will always root for my daughters team as well as the two teams I play on.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:33 AM
  #819
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
For me that might be the Ducks. They remind me of the Coyotes as far as not getting much love from anyone, they're a bit of an ugly duckling (pardon the pun), yet they usually put a pretty good product on the ice.

Also, I've always been a big fan of Selanne. I don't know if he's got another season in him, but it's always a pleasure to watch him play.

zz is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 01:57 PM
  #820
goyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 500
Second team = Blackhawks, which will go back to my first team. I've been a Blackhawks fan since the 1960's.

I did cheer for the Coyotes over the Blackhawks in last year's playoff. Not a big fan of Kane (think he is a punk), but Toews is easy to cheer for, as are many of the other players who wear the best crest in all of sports.

goyotes is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
  #821
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 1329
Doan on his view of this situation (about a minute in).

Quote:
"@ToddWalsh: A heartfelt #Coyotes Captain Shane Doan on the ownership situation, etc. Chirbit: [Audio] Shane Doan http://t.co/IuhrkAkXIJ"

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
  #822
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Doan on his view of this situation (about a minute in).
Early on it sounded to me like he was going to say the ownership situation is a joke but stopped himself short of saying it.

yotesreign is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
  #823
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Early on it sounded to me like he was going to say the ownership situation is a joke but stopped himself short of saying it.
Yeah he's as fed up as the rest of us. You could hear it in his voice. Pretty sad how messed up this has become. Now all we get is silence. It's like they've beat us into submission and now they don't care enough to even lie to us anymore.

RemoAZ is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
  #824
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,348
vCash: 500
Interesting session tonight for the council.

XX is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
  #825
Vip
****n good milkshake
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 50
Doan of all people has the right to say that. He has been here through all of it just like we have.

Vip is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.