HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Ownership Thread: Who Cares Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 09:49 PM
AndrewYotes

vCash: 500
Seattle is better than anywhere else. Similar timezone, still American and Western Conference.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
I'm starting to think that I could still support this franchise if we moved to Seattle.

Quebec City, no.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
XX
... Waiting

It will be another laughable budget type situation in Seattle, with minimal fan support. It's a 'good' hockey town but the double shock of getting both the NBA and the NHL back wouldn't be a good thing. Seating capacity will be something like 10k, at most, because they'd have to play in Key arena which is way worse than AWA ever was. It is by no means a sure thing type of market.

I don't see a win in either scenario. Watching Shane Doan's corpse try and sneak into the playoffs one more time via the trap isn't my cup of tea.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Not that attendance is the real issue with this team but only 2 people away from getting to 29th in the league. Not bad with the 4 years of negative press.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Ted Mosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Not that attendance is the real issue with this team but only 2 people away from getting to 29th in the league. Not bad with the 4 years of negative press.
And already ahead of Columbus in terms of % capacity

Old
02-25-2013, 12:16 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

It occurs to me that whether I root for them after they leave depends in part on whether they keep the name Coyotes (and logo would help). But if they end up being the 'new Nordiques' or the Seattle Ice Sonics or whatever, less likely.

I still think we have another year or two here, though.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Reading these threads more and more makes me want to do tequila shots.

So far at this time we have no real news and more of the same everything else.

Old
02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Reading these threads more and more makes me want to do tequila shots.

So far at this time we have no real news and more of the same everything else.
I'll drink a beer for every shot of tequila you do.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Vip
****n good milkshake

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
I'm starting to think that I could still support this franchise if we moved to Seattle.

Quebec City, no.
Considering the amount of flack they have given us, I doubt I will either.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

As a French teacher, I really should be fine with the QC thing. But the whole QC/Canadians trolling every AZ news site, hockey site, fb group, etc... I just can't. I'll feel sad for doan and probably won't watch the games with any more interest than I currently watch other games...I.e., I'll watch to see how players position themselves, etc. because I myself want to play better, but I wont really care who wins or be sad if I miss a game on tv or anything. It will be more of a "well, there's nothing else on and I don't feel like going out" thing for me

Old
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It will be another laughable budget type situation in Seattle, with minimal fan support. It's a 'good' hockey town but the double shock of getting both the NBA and the NHL back wouldn't be a good thing. Seating capacity will be something like 10k, at most, because they'd have to play in Key arena which is way worse than AWA ever was. It is by no means a sure thing type of market.

I don't see a win in either scenario. Watching Shane Doan's corpse try and sneak into the playoffs one more time via the trap isn't my cup of tea.
I'd expect Levin to be a big spender. His track record with the Wolves certainly suggests it.

Gives me an idea. If he sells the Chicago Wolves and gets an NHL club in Seattle, how about the "Washington Wolves" as a team name?

02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

I've seen Portland(Oregon) mentioned as a possible destination for the Yotes to relocate to but honestly I hope you guys get to stay where you are. It's a crappy feeling to have your team taken from you and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:46 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

4 years and we're no where nearer to closure than the day That Jack Ass put us in Bankruptcy. Really how much more pain and agony do we have to endure?

Old
02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
4 years and we're no where nearer to closure than the day That Jack Ass put us in Bankruptcy. Really how much more pain and agony do we have to endure?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd expect Levin to be a big spender. His track record with the Wolves certainly suggests it.

Gives me an idea. If he sells the Chicago Wolves and gets an NHL club in Seattle, how about the "Washington Wolves" as a team name?
The Wolves have always been one of the best attended and most successful AHL franchises, right? That won't be the case with a Seattle NHL team. That team will also not be the primary tenant, so who knows what revenue streams they will have access to. I'm not buying the spin that Levin is wealthy enough or cares to lose that much money just to spend to the cap every year.

QC is a slam dunk. Seattle? Not so much. Give me the sure thing if you are going to take my team away.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM
Vip
****n good milkshake

I'm sure you guys have already discussed it at one point, but who is your team if Yotes leave?

Mine is most likely San Jose, as I was born in that area and have family there. Colorado is also another option for me since Denver is relatively close to me. I wouldn't mind adopting NYI as my team because of the obsession I have with John Tavares.

Last edited by Vip: 02-26-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Only if they rename the team with that one Russian guy to something like 'DC Capitals'

Old
02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I'm sure you guys have already discussed it at one point, but who is your team if Yotes leave?

Mine is most likely San Jose, as I was born in that area and have family there. Colorado is also another option for me since Denver is relatively close to me. I wouldn't mind adopting NYI as my team because of the obsession I have with John Tavares.
Probably nobody in the NHL. I've tried to watch other teams and pretend to care about the outcome, but so far I haven't been able to make it happen. Maybe the ducks, since I enjoyed the movies?

Most likely I will go to a few asu and sun dogs games, and of course I will always root for my daughters team as well as the two teams I play on.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:33 AM
zz

For me that might be the Ducks. They remind me of the Coyotes as far as not getting much love from anyone, they're a bit of an ugly duckling (pardon the pun), yet they usually put a pretty good product on the ice.

Also, I've always been a big fan of Selanne. I don't know if he's got another season in him, but it's always a pleasure to watch him play.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:57 PM
goyotes

Second team = Blackhawks, which will go back to my first team. I've been a Blackhawks fan since the 1960's.

I did cheer for the Coyotes over the Blackhawks in last year's playoff. Not a big fan of Kane (think he is a punk), but Toews is easy to cheer for, as are many of the other players who wear the best crest in all of sports.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Doan on his view of this situation (about a minute in).

Quote:
"@ToddWalsh: A heartfelt #Coyotes Captain Shane Doan on the ownership situation, etc. Chirbit: [Audio] Shane Doan http://t.co/IuhrkAkXIJ"

Old
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Doan on his view of this situation (about a minute in).
Early on it sounded to me like he was going to say the ownership situation is a joke but stopped himself short of saying it.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Early on it sounded to me like he was going to say the ownership situation is a joke but stopped himself short of saying it.
Yeah he's as fed up as the rest of us. You could hear it in his voice. Pretty sad how messed up this has become. Now all we get is silence. It's like they've beat us into submission and now they don't care enough to even lie to us anymore.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
XX
... Waiting

Interesting session tonight for the council.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Vip
****n good milkshake

Doan of all people has the right to say that. He has been here through all of it just like we have.

Closed Thread