HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Peter Cehlárik - Luleå, SHL (2013, 90th overall, Boston)

Old
02-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Huffman

vCash: 500
LW Peter Cehlárik - Luleå, SHL (2013, 90th overall, Boston)

This guy from Slovakia scored two assists in his second game with the senior team, he has good size and is among the youngest players in this years draft. Might be a late riser.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=153203

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Swedelicious

Good size. What kind of player is he?

Swedelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

He's quite a well known junior player in Slovakia, although a little bit in the shadow of Marko Daňo and Martin Réway. However i didn't expect him to make it to Elitserien this season, not even to make some points.
I saw him just a few times. Maybe our Swedish friends can help us. What kind of player is he? Pure scorer, power forward or playmaker? Is there a chance some NHL club will take a chance on him at 2013 NHL draft? Is he good enough?

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
He's quite a well known junior player in Slovakia, although a little bit in the shadow of Marko Daňo and Martin Réway. However i didn't expect him to make it to Elitserien this season, not even to make some points.
I saw him just a few times. Maybe our Swedish friends can help us. What kind of player is he? Pure scorer, power forward or playmaker? Is there a chance some NHL club will take a chance on him at 2013 NHL draft? Is he good enough?
I did not watch the game but here are the highlights: http://www.elitserienplay.se/#/video.2170057374001 (secondary assist on the 5th goal and a nice pass on the last goal)

Luleå has some injury problems and Cehlarik got to play on the 4th line, apparently he did well.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:57 AM
joe89

Pretty sure he was well on the radar to possibly get drafted even before SEL time. He's been a top player for their J20 team all year and even more so currently since they've loaned their top older guys to SEL2.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:12 PM
xyzed

today 2+2 in J20 SuperElit

xyzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Thanks for info. Hopefully it will be a good draft for Slovakia this year and even Cehlárik will be at least a late round pick.

Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Thanks for info. Hopefully it will be a good draft for Slovakia this year and even Cehlárik will be at least a late round pick.
Could be late pick. More of finesse player with both scoring and playmaking skills. Skating holds him back.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:17 AM
slovakiasnextone

Scored his 1st SEL goal yesterday.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:41 PM
gretskidoo

2 goals in the 2nd period in today's game. 3rd period to go.

Should be 3G 2A in 5 games so far. Not sure though since he's not on hockeyligan.se yet and Eliteprospects is really slow to update stats.

gretskidoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:30 PM
petoNHL

Peter Cehlárik | 5 games, 3G + 2A = 5P, +5, 6 SOG, 3 hits, 9:39 TOI/G

petoNHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Ferros

I'm sooo impressed by this kid, his line has scored 19 points together in the last 3 (!) games and it's not like he is just tagging along. He creates a lot of offense on his own and he has shown us that he got excellent vision and passing skills for this level.

Today he was close to getting the hat-trick, he made a nice deke on the blueline when they were on a 2on1 but lost the puck as he passed the defenseman.

I really hope he will stay in Luleå for the next season, I'm so excited to see what he can do once he get a full season in SEL. Hopefully he gets some icetime during the playoffs when some of the injured players return.

I haven't been this excited about any of our junior players for quite many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedelicious View Post
Good size. What kind of player is he?
I'm no expert and I've only seen him in 5 games but offenseivly he seems to be very good all around. He is good along the boards and win a lot of pucks and his passing is really good for his age. After he scored his first goal he has tried to shoot more and you can see that he got a good shot and now that he actually dares to try to score goals instead of just passing you can see that there's a goalscorer in him as well. The big downside is that his skating is average at best, sometimes he just looks slow but he makes up for it with his smarts and he is usually positioned quite well because he can read plays in such a good way.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:33 PM
MBauer

Detroit should draft him so we can start a Slovakian era, we have a few other good Slovaks in our System with Tatar, Jurco, and Tvrdon.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
Detroit should draft him so we can start a Slovakian era, we have a few other good Slovaks in our System with Tatar, Jurco, and Tvrdon.
Add Dano, Cehlarik and Reway and you guys will soon be the Slovakian National Team!

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:30 AM
alko

Lets see, ho it will reflect to the final CSS draft rankings. In the January edition i cant find his name.

But i have a question. If im correct, there is some agreement between NHL and Europe. For every drafted player the youth club will receive some money (200 000 USD).
Who will be in Cehlariks case? His youth club in Slovakia MsHK Zilina or Lulea?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Febfemton

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Lets see, ho it will reflect to the final CSS draft rankings. In the January edition i cant find his name.

But i have a question. If im correct, there is some agreement between NHL and Europe. For every drafted player the youth club will receive some money (200 000 USD).
You take the total sum, which by the way think is $225 000 rather than $200 000, and then you divide it by four and hand it out to the clubs based on how many years of the last four the player has played in that club.

In Cehlariks case Luleå will get $56 250 (1 out of 4 years) and MsHK Zilina will get $168 750 (3 out of 4 years) if he signs a deal with the teams that drafts him.

Febfemton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febfemton View Post
In Cehlariks case Luleå will get $56 250 (1 out of 4 years) and MsHK Zilina will get $168 750 (3 out of 4 years) if he signs a deal with the teams that drafts him.
Only, this is his second season with Luleå.
Last season, he scored a combined 22 goals and 39 points in 37 games for Luleå's J18 and J20 teams.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Febfemton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
Only, this is his second season with Luleå.
Last season, he scored a combined 22 goals and 39 points in 37 games for Luleå's J18 and J20 teams.
But he still had his main contract with MsHK Zilina last year.

Febfemton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:41 PM
jfb392

Sounds like the type player that may have been passed on under previous transfer agreements due to a number of factors (probably top six or bust, lack of international exposure, spent much of the season in playing in SuperElit) but could be a very enticing pick under the new rules.

Some size and skill, up to four years of development before you have to make a decision on him and up to six years until he's out of ELC..
You could certainly do a lot worse with a mid to late pick.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 06:19 AM
fredligh

Dont know much about his skating, but if he continues to produce numbers i cant see why he would not go in the first or second round.

fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:00 PM
polymath

0+1 today

polymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by polymath View Post
0+1 today
Not only that, he had a solid performance once again and one really good wrist shot that hit the bar, the goaltender didn't even have time to react to it. I also liked it when he just pushed former NHL-defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen away with a solid hit along the boards to steal the puck, and that wasn't his only hit during the game, you can't say that the kid is shy on the ice.

His skating is also looking a lot better than it was in his first few games, I think it had a lot to do with that he had to learn the system and that he didn't know where to go in certain situations that made his skating look worse than it actually is.

He is already 8th in junior scoring (3+3) with only 7 games played. Everyone ahead of him have played +45 games (Collberg is the only exception with 34GP).

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:57 AM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Sounds like the type player that may have been passed on under previous transfer agreements due to a number of factors (probably top six or bust, lack of international exposure, spent much of the season in playing in SuperElit) but could be a very enticing pick under the new rules.

Some size and skill, up to four years of development before you have to make a decision on him and up to six years until he's out of ELC..
You could certainly do a lot worse with a mid to late pick.
A player doing this well in SEL at his age, almost always get drafted, no matter what transfer agreement there is. Doing great in SEL at his age is pretty rare.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:30 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febfemton View Post
You take the total sum, which by the way think is $225 000 rather than $200 000, and then you divide it by four and hand it out to the clubs based on how many years of the last four the player has played in that club.

This particular deal you are talking about is between NHL and the Swedish HF(not IIHF), who will get the actual "development money". They will then spread it to the player's clubs over the last four years. But the deal only affects his Swedish clubs. Luleå will get money for the years they had him. If Cehlarik's home club recieves money or not depends on if the Swedish and their federation have a transfer agreement in place.

The most recent example was Frederik Andersen who only played a season in Sweden, but his Danish club got nothing because of no transfer agreement with the Swedish federation. Frölunda got 1/4 and the Swedish federation got 3/4, money that will go into the development program.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Add Dano, Cehlarik and Reway and you guys will soon be the Slovakian National Team!
By the way I just complete a entry draft as the Detroit gm.

Bo Horvat- 17 overall
Marco Dano-47 overall
Martin Reway- 77 overall
Gustav Olofsson- 107 overall
Jackson Whistle- 137 overall
Amil Krupic- 167 overall
Peter Cehlárik- 197 overall

What you think ? I know Horvat was taken a tad too high but since we couldn't trade our pick. So I decided to take Horvat over Max Domi,Adam Erne,Frederic Gauthier,Anthony Mantha. I know Horvat wasn't the BPA but he was the player best suited for Detroit Need wise. Detroit love any player with the intigible like Horvat. If Horvat is still on the board when Detroit is at the board, they better take this kid.

TheNudge is online now   Reply With Quote