HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

huselius?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 02:45 PM
tommyb

vCash: 500
huselius?

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet ,but aparently Huselius is available.I wonder if we have anyone that might interest them.This guy has (HEMSKY) skill any is better suited for the western div. game.I think he would blow up in the west.

Old
12-18-2003, 02:54 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

i would not mind getting him however we would have to give up a roster player in return. there really is not a lot of wiggle room on this team and perhaps a laraque or a pisani might interest dudley, well maybe not pisani, my guess his reaction would be wwwhhhhooo.

Old
12-18-2003, 03:03 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Florida has stated that they are by no means giving him away, and he hasn't been calling other GMs, they have called him.

The guy is pointless in 11 games, and has been a scratch for 3 of the last 6, which of course leads some teams to think he is available...

Well he is, but is by no means cheap.

Old
12-19-2003, 06:10 AM
Slats432

This guy has some very good skill. I would also vote picking him up if the price was right.

Old
12-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

we'd have to overpay to get him. we'd have to outbid a dozen other teams who will have to overpay to get him. we sat Hemsky out a game earlier this year against Toronto, it doesn't mean we want to trade him, nor does it diminish his trade value. Huselius is a great hockey player, so unless Florida will trade him for Laraque and Chimera, then no deal, and I dont think they will.

Old
12-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
we'd have to overpay to get him. we'd have to outbid a dozen other teams who will have to overpay to get him. we sat Hemsky out a game earlier this year against Toronto, it doesn't mean we want to trade him, nor does it diminish his trade value. Huselius is a great hockey player, so unless Florida will trade him for Laraque and Chimera, then no deal, and I dont think they will.

it's not the same situation...I dont think Hemsky was scratched for 3 out of 6 games...& there was an article on tsn, saying Dudley would trade Huselius, only if he gets a good offer & it would help out their team.

Old
12-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo_31
it's not the same situation...I dont think Hemsky was scratched for 3 out of 6 games...& there was an article on tsn, saying Dudley would trade Huselius, only if he gets a good offer & it would help out their team.
Ya, but teams are calling Dud, he's not actively shopping the guy. meaning he is just gonna sit on the phone making outrageous proposals until all 13 teams laugh in his face, or until one of the teams actually agrees to overpay.

Old
12-19-2003, 07:12 PM
tommyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
And maybe Rita or a draft pick.

Closed Thread