HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
i would put money on MB targeting S.Gagner on/before the deadline...

He's a UFA-to-be, and Kings really aren't using him much right now.

Injuries have taken their toll, but he's only 32. He's not the dynamic player he was in his 20's, but he's still a great skater with a solid repertoire of offensive skills who plays sound 2-way hockey.

aside from adding the french canadian component (which new management has said is a focus) he's the kind of player that would complement the habs top-9 nicely. could play on any of the top-3 lines, personally I'd like to see him on Plekanec's wing... good enough defensively to handle line assignments Pleks line gets, skilled enough to complement Plekanec much better than Bourque or Gionta currently do.

i'd do a 3rd or a conditional 2nd

Old
02-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
To MTL: Brenden Morrow, Stephane Robidas, 2nd round pick
To DAL: Erik Cole, Josh Gorges, 4th round pick

To MTL: R.J. Umberger, 4th round pick
To TBL: David Desharnais, Yannick Weber

----------------------------------------------------

I think Cole isn't giving 100% every game. He looks less interested. Dallas would be closer to his home in Carolina. I really hate Gorges' offense killer style. I'm a fan of Morrow and I know he'll give 100%. Robidas is a puck movig dman like Diaz.

Desharnais would NOT last long in the playoffs, he's too easy to be pushed around. We already have weak Plekanec. Umberger is an in your face shut down center.
Can't move Gorges.....season be gone if do

Old
02-26-2013, 11:21 AM
habsroom

Quote:

I think Cole isn't giving 100% every game. He looks less interested. Dallas would be closer to his home in Carolina. I really hate Gorges' offense killer style. I'm a fan of Morrow and I know he'll give 100%. Robidas is a puck movig dman like Diaz.

Desharnais would NOT last long in the playoffs, he's too easy to be pushed around. We already have weak Plekanec. Umberger is an in your face shut down center.
Rockjngo I am sure glad you are NOT the gm of the HABS that Montreal Dallas trade is 1 of the worst I have seen on here in years. Cole is way better than Morrow.Morrow is a broken down player that was good 5 years ago. Robidas is nowhere close to Gorges plus he is like 8 years older. really man worst trade idea of the year for sure.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Halifaxhab

Who here would call the Wings and offer Weber + pick for Kindl?

Old
02-26-2013, 11:49 AM
habsrock76

It's been reported that Rene Bourque wont travel with the team to T.O, seems a little odd to be sick this long (since Saturday), when do we start speculating he's being shoppped and/or is part of an existing deal waiting to be finalized.

What do you think, am i reaching haha

Edit: And shortly after my above post the Twittersphere starts the speculation...damn maybe I should start my own rumour site.

Last edited by habsrock76: 02-26-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
It's been reported that Rene Bourque wont travel with the team to T.O, seems a little odd to be sick this long (since Saturday), when do we start speculating he's being shoppped and/or is part of an existing deal waiting to be finalized.

What do you think, am i reaching haha

Edit: And shortly after my above post the Twittersphere starts the speculation...damn maybe I should start my own rumour site.
They don't want him to get hurt before he gets his compliance buyout.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
habsrock76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
They don't want him to get hurt before he gets his compliance buyout.
Some much for that theory, Therrien is saying he's concussed.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Those deals don't accomplish anything. No sense trading regulars for somebody struggling elswhere. Pass.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i would put money on MB targeting S.Gagner on/before the deadline...

He's a UFA-to-be, and Kings really aren't using him much right now.

Injuries have taken their toll, but he's only 32. He's not the dynamic player he was in his 20's, but he's still a great skater with a solid repertoire of offensive skills who plays sound 2-way hockey.

aside from adding the french canadian component (which new management has said is a focus) he's the kind of player that would complement the habs top-9 nicely. could play on any of the top-3 lines, personally I'd like to see him on Plekanec's wing... good enough defensively to handle line assignments Pleks line gets, skilled enough to complement Plekanec much better than Bourque or Gionta currently do.

i'd do a 3rd or a conditional 2nd

I don't see the point, he adds nothing we need and he doesn't even have a goal yet. It's dumb to trade for a guy just because he's french.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:07 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Yeah I would have been all in favor of getting Gagne a few years ago but it's starting to look like it's the end of the road for him. Too many injuries.

If Bourque is out long-term and the price is very cheap, I'd do it. Otherwise, pass.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see the point, he adds nothing we need and he doesn't even have a goal yet. It's dumb to trade for a guy just because he's french.
yes, it would be dumb to trade for a player just because he's french...

just like it would be dumb to dismiss a player just because he hasn't scored a goal in 11 games...

or just as dumb as thinking that a player is only as good as the goals he scores...

or just as dumb as thinking that the only thing that could help the habs this year is a goal scoring winger

or just as ... you get the picture.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah I would have been all in favor of getting Gagne a few years ago but it's starting to look like it's the end of the road for him. Too many injuries.

If Bourque is out long-term and the price is very cheap, I'd do it. Otherwise, pass.
i've only seen 1 game of his this year, and despite being on the 4th line, he looked to be moving well, doesn't seem like the sports hernia & foot issues from a few years back took much away from his skating.

i wouldn't let the stats this year, or the fact that D.Sutter isn't a fan, give the wrong impression... we obviously wouldn't be getting the 30-40 goal Gagne from his prime (nor would it be worth the assets to try to get that player), but he's always been a very solid 2-way player, and his style of game/skating/hands would complement Plekanec better than anyone we're currently lining him up with imo.

the key is that he wouldn't cost much, and while he is a UFA, given the circumstances i think there would be a very good chance of re-signing him at a very reasonable price should he come here and play well...

if he underwhelms, then at worst he's solid veteran depth during for the playoffs (or gets injured again)

Old
02-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
yes, it would be dumb to trade for a player just because he's french...

just like it would be dumb to dismiss a player just because he hasn't scored a goal in 11 games...

or just as dumb as thinking that a player is only as good as the goals he scores...

or just as dumb as thinking that the only thing that could help the habs this year is a goal scoring winger

or just as ... you get the picture.
Right now I don't see him in our top 9, so pass.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Right now I don't see him in our top 9, so pass.
fair enough...

short-term, with Bourque out, I'd slot him in on the first line with Pleks-Gionta, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ended claiming that spot permanently.

***Damn it***

Flyers just got him for a 4th rd pick...

i guess we'll get a chance to see if my feeling on him was right, bet he turns it around and finishes the year strong for the flyers

Old
02-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Gagne traded to Flyers for conditionnal 4th rounder.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Gagne traded to Flyers for conditionnal 4th rounder.
I like Gagne. But wouldn't touch him and his 3.5 cap hit with the amount of injuries he's had. Even for a 4th round. Not really worth much for us. Flyers need him though!

Just saw 4 tweets (no sources - pure speculation) about Ryder being traded to Montreal. Makes me wonder.. would anyone here do it?

Last edited by Gary320: 02-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I like Gagne. But wouldn't touch him and his 3.5 cap hit with the amount of injuries he's had. Even for a 4th round. Not really worth much for us. Flyers need him though!

Just saw 4 tweets (no sources - pure speculation) about Ryder being traded to Montreal. Makes me wonder.. would anyone here do it?
His contract runs out after this year right? For the right price yes.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
His contract runs out after this year right? For the right price yes.
3.5 cap hit for the year and UFA this summer.
They likely wont ask for a lot.

Rumour has it that a friend of the Ryder family told this guy on twitter from Newfoundland that Ryder had been traded to Montreal. Pure speculation. Hilarious if this ends up being true.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Ryder? Well, we are doing great so I wouldn't normally look to add much that isn't a super-clear need. An extra middling scorer wouldn't necessarily hurt. But it could only be at the expense of another roster player... we have 23 guys already, most contributing nicely, and so it wouldn't be like a pick or prospect for Ryder. If, say, the Stars felt like they needed another D badly enough to trade Ryder for Kaberle, well, who could say no to that? But otherwise, I have a hard time envisaging how/why we pick up Ryder?

Old
02-26-2013, 04:57 PM
le_sean

Quote:

I would love it. Always liked Ryder and he never complained in that last season in Montreal when Carbo never played him.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Mrb1p

Ryder would be of no use to this team really... He's good when he gets PP time and would thrive on DD's wing or Gally but where's the room ?

Might work if Bourque is injured long term or if Gionta is gone.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:00 PM
MTL-rules

So who's place would he take ? Cole's, Gallagher's or Gionta's ?? No thank you, he's fine where he is.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Ryder for Gionta?

Old
02-26-2013, 05:04 PM
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad

Hearing it's Ryder and possibly a pick for Cole? I wasn't going to say anything until I saw something else, like what Gary said.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:05 PM
stead20

Quote:
3.5 cap hit for the year and UFA this summer.
They likely wont ask for a lot.

Rumour has it that a friend of the Ryder family told this guy on twitter from Newfoundland that Ryder had been traded to Montreal. Pure speculation. Hilarious if this ends up being true.

This is 100% true. Ryders back with the habs. Heard from one of his family members about an hour ago. Not sure who the habs gave up for him tho.

Closed Thread