HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

ECHL: 3mm for 20+ straight years

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,565
vCash: 500
ECHL: 3mm for 20+ straight years

http://www.echl.com/echl-attendance-...n-mark-p182104

Quote:
The ECHL surpassed the three-million mark in attendance over the weekend, marking the 20th consecutive season that over three million fans have attended ECHL games. Through 652 games, the ECHL is averaging 4,663 fans per game, an increase of 11.6 percent over the same point in the season last year.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:33 AM
  #2
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
I don't think it's too hard when you see the sizes of some of the arenas of newer teams. The Elmira's, Wheeling's and Johnstown's of the world are a thing of the past.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:57 PM
  #3
cyclonesdiehard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S. Bank Arena
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Congrats to the ECHL! Good hockey for a reasonable price in most cities!

cyclonesdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:14 AM
  #4
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonesdiehard View Post
Congrats to the ECHL! Good hockey for a reasonable price in most cities!
Depends where you live. In Elmira and Reading the constant callups makes the product weak. Nobody shelled out like $400 to watch a team of sometime ECHLers filled with a lot of Single A guys filling the void.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:55 PM
  #5
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Depends where you live. In Elmira and Reading the constant callups makes the product weak. Nobody shelled out like $400 to watch a team of sometime ECHLers filled with a lot of Single A guys filling the void.
That's minor league hockey. It's unreasonable to expect anything less.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:57 PM
  #6
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
That's minor league hockey. It's unreasonable to expect anything less.
To UHL/CHL fans it wasn't.

Some of the Western and Southern ECHL teams have older more stable rosters.

Atlreast in the AHL they get decent replacements. ECHL guys just need to get up to terms with the speed, they have the skill.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:00 PM
  #7
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Deleted


Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 03-02-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  #8
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
To UHL/CHL fans it wasn't.

Some of the Western and Southern ECHL teams have older more stable rosters.

Atlreast in the AHL they get decent replacements. ECHL guys just need to get up to terms with the speed, they have the skill.
The talent pool only runs so deep. I hear the same thing about the AHL call-ups to the NHL. Somebody posted about a year ago that Milwaukee had no players worthwhile to call up to Nashville. I pointed out that 75% of the Preds roster had played in Milwaukee. There are about 5 or 6 guys who have made the jump since then. Roman Josi has played on the 1st or 2nd defensive pairing, sort of replacing Suter. Pretty darn good for a bum from Milwaukee!

Congrats to the ECHL and their teams, keep up the good work! I know that Milwaukee had 3 D-men called up from Cincinnati. They played quite well. Anthony Bitetto is staying with the Admirals.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:38 AM
  #9
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
The talent pool only runs so deep. I hear the same thing about the AHL call-ups to the NHL. Somebody posted about a year ago that Milwaukee had no players worthwhile to call up to Nashville. I pointed out that 75% of the Preds roster had played in Milwaukee. There are about 5 or 6 guys who have made the jump since then. Roman Josi has played on the 1st or 2nd defensive pairing, sort of replacing Suter. Pretty darn good for a bum from Milwaukee!

Congrats to the ECHL and their teams, keep up the good work! I know that Milwaukee had 3 D-men called up from Cincinnati. They played quite well. Anthony Bitetto is staying with the Admirals.
Glad to hear that Bitetto is playing well with you guys. He was a bit "green" in Cincinnati, but has some obvious talent.


Taylor Aronson and Charles Olivier-Roussel are also both quality players in the Nashville system who are playing in Cincinnati right now. Aronson looks much improved since his recent stint in Milwaukee and Roussell is only 20 and certainly has a fair deal of upside to him.

I marvel at those who claim the ECHL isn't good hockey and/or that it is the equivalent of the CHL/UHL/IHL2/etc. I would think that this season's editions of the Fort Wayne Komets and Evansville Icemen would put that to rest for good and for all.

The Komets won last year's CHL Championship and are on life support regarding their playoff hopes this season despite having many CHL carryovers on their roster. The only reason they are still in the hunt (mathematically, anyway) is a send down from their affiliate, goalie Jef Deslauriers.

Evansville is so bad that they are probably going to be in last place in a 14 team conference. Todd Robinson-one of top scorers in minor league hockey history-and his relative struggles says it all.

Last year he had 92 points in 66 games (1.39 points per game) and was a -5. This season he has 59 points in 51 games (1.15 points per game) and is a mind-blowing -36. His +/- is 31 worse than last season. That should about say it all to those who claim that all AA is created equal.


Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 03-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.