HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 06:59 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

vCash: 500
Liles anyone?

Good evening, Leafs fan here - with all the retread deals going down today, would you guys be interested in taking back JML from us? If so, what would you want in return?

Looks like you could use some help on the backend..

Cheers

Old
02-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs1habs0 View Post
Good evening, Leafs fan here - with all the retread deals going down today, would you guys be interested in taking back JML from us? If so, what would you want in return?

Cheers
Good evening. We do need some help on the back end, but I don't think Liles is what we need. We have a couple young PMDs in Barrie and Elliott just making their way into the bigs.

What we really need is a true #2 Dman (leftie) to pair with Erik Johnson -- when he gets back in the lineup. Liles just isn't that guy.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I'm just curious as to when Jones put up 50 points? I wouldn't touch that bet with a 10 foot pole at this point.
You're right, I don't know where I got 50 from. I know he's not a legit 50 point guy he doesn't put up enough assists. 40 is more in tune with what I was saying there.

Edit: Now I remember, it was late and I was pretty sauced when I wrote that haha. Not sure what I was even doing on a computer. That's what I'm blaming it on. That's why there's a bunch of spelling and grammer mistakes. More than usual that is.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 02-26-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:

Cheers
please no more liles, but thanks for taking him off our hands when you did

Old
02-26-2013, 09:22 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Enough of Liles... please...

Old
02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:

Cheers

Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I am very, very concerned about our center depth going forward.

It's becoming more apparent with each passing day that Stastny is not the same player he once was. With ROR about to be traded and Stastny completely ineffectual, we'll be looking at Flames-esque center depth soon.

In my opinion we need to get a quality 3c back in the ROR (like Burmistrov or Goc) trade along with a young top 3 dman or elite D prospect.

And as much as I hate losing, Mackinnon, Barkov, or Lindholm could do wonders for our center depth but Varly is trying his best to drag us out of the top 4-5.

Old
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post

It's becoming more apparent with each passing day that Stastny is not the same player he once was. With ROR about to be traded and Stastny completely ineffectual, we'll be looking at Flames-esque center depth soon.

In my opinion we need to get a quality 3c back in the ROR (like Burmistrov or Goc) trade along with a young top 3 dman or elite D prospect.

And as much as I hate losing, Mackinnon, Barkov, or Lindholm could do wonders for our center depth but Varly is trying his best to drag us out of the top 4-5.
So sad that just last year, center depth was the least of our worries...

Old
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:

Don't worry. Little will be here soon enough.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

On a good team Little should be a winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
So sad that just last year, center depth was the least of our worries...
It's probably the most frustrating part of this ROR situation for me. If Stastny were stil playing at a high level I wouldn't mind giving up ROR as much.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:46 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

He should be, but he would do just fine as a #2C (he isn't even doing bad as a #1 in Winnipeg).

Old
02-27-2013, 12:48 AM
shadow1

Quote:

I'm not as concerned as you are based on the unknown return in the eventual Ryan O'Reilly trade, as well as the quality UFA centers available in the next two off-seasons.

This summer alone, Derek Roy, Mike Ribiero, and Stephen Weiss are more than worthy of playing behind Matt Duchene. Jokes aside, Tyler Bozak isn't a bad option either.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
I'm not as concerned as you are based on the unknown return in the eventual Ryan O'Reilly trade, as well as the quality UFA centers available in the next two off-seasons.

This summer alone, Derek Roy, Mike Ribiero, and Stephen Weiss are more than worthy of playing behind Matt Duchene. Jokes aside, Tyler Bozak isn't a bad option either.
There are a number of good UFA centers coming up I agree. I don't think any of them are as good at this stage of their careers as ROR will be or Stastny was until 2011. Disappointing to think about center depth being the backbone of our rebuild and now kind of evaporating you know?

As an aside, Dave Bolland is a UFA in the summer of 2014 and I'd love if we could acquire him next year.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:57 AM
shadow1

Quote:
There are a number of good UFA centers coming up I agree. I don't think any of them are as good at this stage of their careers as ROR will be or Stastny was until 2011. Disappointing to think about center depth being the backbone of our rebuild and now kind of evaporating you know?

As an aside, Dave Bolland is a UFA in the summer of 2014 and I'd love if we could acquire him next year.
All we can hope for is that the loss of O'Reilly is accommodated for by [UFA C] + [the O'Reilly trade return] being better than if he were actually in the Avalanche's line-up.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
All we can hope for is that the loss of O'Reilly is accommodated for by [UFA C] + [the O'Reilly trade return] being better than if he were actually in the Avalanche's line-up.
Yea, that's really a tough issue, and one that will test Sherman and co to it's limits. They can't possibly replace O'Reiily, Staz, and bring in that much needed offensive D with the return for ROR.

Even the idea of Staz sticking around as the #2 center behind Duchene doesn't really appeal that much at this point after the last few seasons he's had.

They've really got their work cut out for them in this rebuild.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:41 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea, that's really a tough issue, and one that will test Sherman and co to it's limits. They can't possibly replace O'Reiily, Staz, and bring in that much needed offensive D with the return for ROR.

Even the idea of Staz sticking around as the #2 center behind Duchene doesn't really appeal that much at this point after the last few seasons he's had.

They've really got their work cut out for them in this rebuild.
Well the good thing for management is that they are not being held to any standard, and they don't care about what their customers think. Ownership isn't going to hold them accountable.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:25 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Enough of Liles... please...
Why not sign him up? No one's ever questioned his character.

Seriously, no more nostalgia. Liles gives the Avs nothing they can't get that Barrie doesn't give them, except perhaps some better puck distribution from the point on the PP.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Proposal.

Laviolette seems to prefer Bruno Gervais over Kurstis Foster, making him a healthy scratch. I like him. He has that offensive touch that we only have with Barrie right now.

Flyers will be running into cap problems and wouldn't want to get player with a multi-year contract. So here is my suggestion.

To PHI
Ryan O'Byrne

To COL
Kurtis Foster

Two pending UFA's, just a smaller trade that I think would benefit BOTH teams in a good way. We get a puck mover who I think is quite good and has a perfect contract. And Philly get a pending UFA who can play as a #5 or #6 and do a better job than a guy like Bruno Gervais.

Tbh, ROB hasn't been good. But he is just like everyone else on our defense. He is decent and good when he plays on a third pairing. Same goes for Hejda, Zanon, Hunwick etc. They can't handle logging Top 4 minutes, but someone has to do it. They all would be fine on a bottom pairing really.

Anyway, is it a trade you would do? Two pending UFA, straight up?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
I think Foster would either get injured instantly or play his way out of the team as quickly forcing us to call up Gaunce so yes, I'd do it.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Foster is a one-way guy, and doesn't do anything for the Avs future. I'd rather move O'Byrne for a prospect or pick.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
At the start of the year I thought O'Byrne might fetch a 2nd at the deadline. Given his awful play, I wonder if he'd get more than a 4th now. GM's do crazy on deadline day though.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Well the good thing for management is that they are not being held to any standard, and they don't care about what their customers think. Ownership isn't going to hold them accountable.
Good for management, bad for everyone else.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
At the start of the year I thought O'Byrne might fetch a 2nd at the deadline. Given his awful play, I wonder if he'd get more than a 4th now. GM's do crazy on deadline day though.
My guess is that he will bring in a 3rd or 4th. For a team looking for a deep playoff run, he can really round out the bottom pairing and his expiring deal doesn't hurt with the cap going down next year.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Proposal.

Laviolette seems to prefer Bruno Gervais over Kurstis Foster, making him a healthy scratch. I like him. He has that offensive touch that we only have with Barrie right now.

Flyers will be running into cap problems and wouldn't want to get player with a multi-year contract. So here is my suggestion.

To PHI
Ryan O'Byrne

To COL
Kurtis Foster

Two pending UFA's, just a smaller trade that I think would benefit BOTH teams in a good way. We get a puck mover who I think is quite good and has a perfect contract. And Philly get a pending UFA who can play as a #5 or #6 and do a better job than a guy like Bruno Gervais.

Tbh, ROB hasn't been good. But he is just like everyone else on our defense. He is decent and good when he plays on a third pairing. Same goes for Hejda, Zanon, Hunwick etc. They can't handle logging Top 4 minutes, but someone has to do it. They all would be fine on a bottom pairing really.

Anyway, is it a trade you would do? Two pending UFA, straight up?
I'd rather trade O'Byrne at the deadline for a draft pick or a prospect.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:33 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

If Pens are actually looking for a scoring winger and depth Dman for playoffs as rumored, could there be a deal worked out around
Jones + O'Byrne for Maatta ?

Last edited by AslanRH: 02-27-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Closed Thread