HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp Day 6 - SCRIMMAGE DAY!

Old
07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West View Post
How differently would it have been for Hainsey if they'd played him when he ROCKED the Camp?

Jozef Balej? You know how action affect things forever...would they have been playing last year instead of Zednik and Dandenault?

Please don't do the same thing with Latendresse...

You tell kids if you try hard you make it... so he does and you turn him down. Big blow. Somehow he get s back on his feet and tries again...what happens when you lie to his face twice? will he try a 3rd time? doesn't it become depressing?

If Lats has a camp as good as last year (it'll probably be better) than he HAS to be on the team. He deserves to be there ahead of ribs/ryder already they'll be no excuse for keeping someone like Ryder when Lats is working his but off

You are so right. We can't mess with our prospects' confidence. If the guy deserves a spot, give it to him. Guillaume worked really hard all summer, he lost some weight and improved his skating. He did everything they asked him to do. If he has a great camp, he has to be on the team.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:54 PM
habfan4

Thanks and well done to those who were gracious enough to give us their thoughts on the development camp, it's much appreciated.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
SOLR

Quote:
How differently would it have been for Hainsey if they'd played him when he ROCKED the Camp?

Jozef Balej? You know how action affect things forever...would they have been playing last year instead of Zednik and Dandenault?

Please don't do the same thing with Latendresse...

You tell kids if you try hard you make it... so he does and you turn him down. Big blow. Somehow he get s back on his feet and tries again...what happens when you lie to his face twice? will he try a 3rd time? doesn't it become depressing?

If Lats has a camp as good as last year (it'll probably be better) than he HAS to be on the team. He deserves to be there ahead of ribs/ryder already they'll be no excuse for keeping someone like Ryder when Lats is working his but off

I dont agree with your Ryder thingy but overall I think thats a problem we have. The double message coming from the front office, thats part of what I see his our main management weakness in developping high potential prospects.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:10 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post

I dont agree with your Ryder thingy but overall I think thats a problem we have. The double message coming from the front office, thats part of what I see his our main management weakness in developping high potential prospects.
Gainey drafted Tender. He will let Guil know when his time is....and Guil will respect his decision. And when have we had any high potential prospects until now I cant really remember when.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Gainey drafted Tender. He will let Guil know when his time is....and Guil will respect his decision. And when have we had any high potential prospects until now I cant really remember when.
If gainey will let him know when its time, then Gainey shouldn't say stuff like If your better than this guy we'll make room and turn around to say that he didn't make the team/we couldn't make room...it'd be a wasted effort. It's like the boy who cried wolf (albeit the wolf comes the 3rd time, but no one believes it cuz they got rolled over so much)

though lats should keep it in mind that the wolf could be there, its something pretty hard to do.

I'll stop being negative, Lats will make the team if he has a camp like last years, perezhogin will be smokin, and plekanec will kick the heck - out of ribs

all will be well when the puck drops in october

with Aibescher starting

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Andrei Kostitsyn?

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 01:33 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post

You are so right. We can't mess with our prospects' confidence. If the guy deserves a spot, give it to him. Guillaume worked really hard all summer, he lost some weight and improved his skating. He did everything they asked him to do. If he has a great camp, he has to be on the team.
What if Gui has a very good camp but someone else has an even better camp? What do you do then? For many on this board, the concept of a player making the team because of a good camp applies only to Gui.

Gainey will make the right decision for the team... and that decision will not be based on the right thing to do for the short term, it will based on the right thing to do for the long term.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post

LATENDRESSE: Total Domination!!!! It's when you compare Chipchura's performance and Guillaume's performance that, with 1 less day than Chipper, begin to question, either Chipper was really not in shape, or Latendresse is so dominating. Great puck controls, great goals, great passes, great backcheck, always wanting the puck, was pissed when a play didn't go his way, what's not to like????? THE player of the day!!!! Awesome work!!!!
It will go on through the prospect tour
It will go on through the official Habs Training camp. Latendresse is just IT. I saw all preseason games last year... and you might say as much as you want that preseason doesn' count, that the competition level is lower, etc etc.... Latendresse was the best Hab on the ice. I don't have a clue what was CJ's problem, but Latendresse should have been on our team last season.
I have faith in Carbo now. actually in both Guy and Gui Guy Gui Guy Gui Guy Gui

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by briste View Post
What if Gui has a very good camp but someone else has an even better camp? What do you do then? For many on this board, the concept of a player making the team because of a good camp applies only to Gui.

Gainey will make the right decision for the team... and that decision will not be based on the right thing to do for the short term, it will based on the right thing to do for the long term.
yeah but were just talking about Guy right now, granted Perezhogin could have a better camp but if Gui is better than Begin he makes it over Begin who himself makes it over someone else who makes it over someone else

like he climbs up the list...and its up to the ppl below him to make the team

lets say Perezhogin is the 6th best winger and Latendresse is the 7th best winger they should BOTH make the team its up to players 8-12 to make the team over other players X, Y and Z

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Schooner Guy

Latendresse hasn't yet proven that his defensive game is capable enough for the New NHL. Just ask Brent Sutter...he kept Latendresse on the bench because he didn't trust him versus teenagers.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:02 PM
BORAT

Latendresse is in an interresting position

If he has a great camp offensively and defensively

and doesn't make the team

Gainey will get destroyed here ,

and I guarantee GUARANTEE he will quit the team if the media interfere more than he can stand.

Now the problem is that Gainey might get it in his head to arm wrestle with the media. and that could be a HUGE problem too.

Because in the end Latendresse might not be Welcome in the dressing room.

NOW

If Lats doesn't make the team he may want his rights traded to ANOTHER team.

and make this known to the media that he'S tired of the BS

Gainey will get destroyed by the Media then again

If Lats goes to another team and score 20 - 30 goals ... Gainey is gone.

we've already lost 2 good NHL Defenceman in Beauchemin and Hainsey ... who knows how much more **** the media can take

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:03 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Latendresse hasn't yet proven that his defensive game is capable enough for the New NHL. Just ask Brent Sutter...he kept Latendresse on the bench because he didn't trust him versus teenagers.
So your saying that Ryder's defensive play was worth crap last year

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I'm sure Carbo will be able to teach the defensive aspect of the game to Latendresse. We probably have one of the best coach in terms of defensive knowledges! Add to that, guys like Muller and Jarvis.
Latendresse will be in good hands to become better defensively!

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Frankc

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
Well when I talked to him at the beginning of the week and said that I was writing on HF Boards, he truly acknowledge that has he knew what it was so.....

As far as an offer.......I'm all for it!!! But I won't lose any sleep waiting for it... That would've been totally the dream job for me, well maybe in another life!!!
Maybe you should consider to take a course!
http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide...n_hockeygm.asp
lol, they offer a course for being a scout or general manager.. they say that you could work for many NHL teams (Yeah right!..)

Frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
Maybe you should consider to take a course!
http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide...n_hockeygm.asp
lol, they offer a course for being a scout or general manager.. they say that you could work for many NHL teams (Yeah right!..)
Actually I know a scout that helps out teaching a course. Not sure what he does exactly but I've been told they have good credability and connections. I believe the course for scouting is 1,000 US or so plus books. They can't say for sure you will work with an NHL team but that you will get some connections and you have to take it from there. I don't have the money since I'm trying to buy a house but I did talk with the guy running the program as well as people at the school.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 07:03 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
If gainey will let him know when its time, then Gainey shouldn't say stuff like If your better than this guy we'll make room and turn around to say that he didn't make the team/we couldn't make room...it'd be a wasted effort. It's like the boy who cried wolf (albeit the wolf comes the 3rd time, but no one believes it cuz they got rolled over so much)

If that's his atitude he'll never make the NHL. If after being sent down after a good camp ( and no he wasn't the best at camp, and not even the best on his line, Hossa and Bonk we're better than him) he quits and pouts and moans than I don't want him on my team.

What Gainey said is no only true for Guilllaume it goes for everyone else also. If you have a good camp and can take someone else's roster spot you will.
Latendresse would have no choice but to beat someone in the top 6 because he is inneffective on the bottom 6.

I have no pity for athletes who will become millionnaires but ask that they should be handle like little kids. If that's how we need to handle him than I guess he belongs in junoir and no where else.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post

What? He'd ask for a trade as a 19yo? I'm a huge fan of Latendresse dating before his drafting, but if he ever does something as foolish as ask for a trade because he doesn't make it at his 2nd training camp, he can go, we wouldn't need head cases like that.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:

Good riddance is all I would say.
Is this guy a primadonna or what, did he go to the Eric Lindros school of public relations?
Seriously , if this guys becomes a cancer, asking for special treatments I don't want him in Montreal and most fans will be agreeing with me when he pulls a stunt a la Lindros.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 07:40 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Good riddance is all I would say.
Is this guy a primadonna or what, did he go to the Eric Lindros school of public relations?
Seriously , if this guys becomes a cancer, asking for special treatments I don't want him in Montreal and most fans will be agreeing with me when he pulls a stunt a la Lindros.
I totally agree. I have no reason to believe any of this crapola though. He wants to play in Montreal and everyone from Bob Gaineys gramma to my dog Bowser want him here as well.

Old
07-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
So your saying that Ryder's defensive play was worth crap last year
No. I didn't say anything like that.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Maxpac

i would really really like to see a A.Kostytsin-Koivu-Latendresse line in a pre-season game this year, A.Kostytsin's potential= Naslund, Koivu=Morrison, Latendresse's potential=Bertuzzi

Last edited by Maxpac: 07-18-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 12:53 AM
skyrok

Kostitsyn

no offense here guys but we do have the Kostitsyn brother's playing for us so when referring to them it would help for quote and arguments sake if we use their initials at least to differentiate between the two ... in this case we are talking Sergei of the London Knights most recently ...( any word if he is returning to London or headed to the Russian SuperLeague ?)

skyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 07:51 AM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrok View Post
no offense here guys but we do have the Kostitsyn brother's playing for us so when referring to them it would help for quote and arguments sake if we use their initials at least to differentiate between the two ... in this case we are talking Sergei of the London Knights most recently ...( any word if he is returning to London or headed to the Russian SuperLeague ?)
Not 100% but I think he is headed back to the Knights. I hope anyway.

Old
07-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Not 100% but I think he is headed back to the Knights. I hope anyway.
Yeah, Sergei will play for his natioanl team this summer and then, he'll go back to London...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
larue*

I am really looking forward to seeing how he plays without Bolland and Shremp. If he does well or maybe even dominates then we have something special and a complete steal. Can hardly wait.