HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Indian

vCash: 500
I wish Pánik and Tatar could stay up as long as possible. Sweet hands by Trto on that goal.

Viedenský is coming back to AHL's Worcester Sharks from ECHL.

Seems like Peter Cehlárik is going to have his debut with Luleĺ HF's senior team in the Elitserien today. Wish him best of luck.

Also, I'm very high on and excited about Erik Černák, he is a beast. It's a shame he wanted to leave from Košice to Sweden. Unfortunatelly the deal didn't go through and he ended up in Slovan instead. Would love to hear some opinions on him from DrPabloRamirez and/or Czechexpert.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Indian

After Cehlo in Elitserien, Peter Valent of Banska Bystrica is having his debut with seniors today becoming the youngest player ever to play a match in Slovak Extraleague.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:40 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Also, I'm very high on and excited about Erik Černák, he is a beast. It's a shame he wanted to leave from Košice to Sweden. Unfortunatelly the deal didn't go through and he ended up in Slovan instead. Would love to hear some opinions on him from DrPabloRamirez and/or Czechexpert.
Sorry, it´s difficult for me. I have seen him maybe 5-6 times. I can repeat only well-known facts, still only 15 years old right-handed D, big body and no problem with physical play, he has solid shot from blue line, which is not entirely normal by the others slovak D-men.
Trashersfan have seen hime sure more times

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:49 AM
xyzed

Cehlarik with 2 assists and 10 minutes IT. Thats pretty nice.

http://www.luleahockey.se/elitserien-arena/38377/live/

xyzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Has anyone got more information on Marko Ferenc? (96 born Prešov forward). Leading the Extraliga dorast with nearly 2 PPG.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:41 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I can give you interview in slovak

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:10 PM
kajoo

Last Fiday we have seen youngest ever player to make his debut in Extraliga. Banska Bystrica and Slovakia U17 center Peter Valent, who at the time of his debut was just 15 years, 11 months and 29 days old (turned 16 today, two days after his debut) surpassed noone else than Marian Gaborik. He centered 4th line with Šeliga and Melkumjan.

List of youngest Extraliga debutants:
1. Peter Valent 15y11m29d
2. Marian Gáborík 16y27d
3. Andrej Meszároš 16y1m3d
4. Marko Daňo 16y1m21d

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post

I have seen him only once, recently at Four nation in Piestany. Was really impressed, big, mobile, intelligent. Won most of battles, tough to beat 1 on 1, good shot, moves the puck well, good vision. Plus he is right handed D which is always bonus.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
R3v3r3nd

Cehlarik in Lulea 5 GP/ 3+2/ 5 points, +5 plus/minus points...
Amazing. Very solid for WJC-18 plus big offenzive talent Reway,
its very good this year...

R3v3r3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Propane Nightmares
Spirit Shine

Anyone here from Bratislava who watches the U20 league? There's a guy playing there called Blahoslav Novak, he used to play in the UK, I played against him in U18's. What senior level is he expected to end up playing?

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
Anyone here from Bratislava who watches the U20 league? There's a guy playing there called Blahoslav Novak, he used to play in the UK, I played against him in U18's. What senior level is he expected to end up playing?
Interestingly, would he not be a "British" player in the EIHL, due to the amount of junior years he spent with Chelmsford.

I think he will probably end up being a career 1.liga, but that's based purely on statistics projections.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Propane Nightmares
Spirit Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Interestingly, would he not be a "British" player in the EIHL, due to the amount of junior years he spent with Chelmsford.

I think he will probably end up being a career 1.liga, but that's based purely on statistics projections.
I'm not sure about in the EIHL but in the other leagues he was considered British trained yes, the EIHL have funny rules which are slightly different, so I'm not 100% sure.

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:59 PM
R3v3r3nd

Hallo, something news about Patrik Koys?

R3v3r3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:26 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3v3r3nd View Post
Hallo, something news about Patrik Koys?
nothing special. As you know, he plays in QMJHL. In 42 games he has 2+7. He is now on 17 games streak without goal. So, you can forget the big hallo about him and definitely forget the 1. round pick in 2014.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

I was reading the promotion/relegation thread and DrPabloRamirez was talking junior leagues so I'd thought I'd ask about this here.

Any chance of any Slovak MHL teams in the near future. To me it seems like the MHL is being set up the right way, and is being set up as a nice alternative to the CHL. Getting 2-3 Slovak MHL teams would be a very good way for the Slovaks to start drawing their players back home, to play in a league at home that can offer the competition that the CHL offers. Both the CZE and SVK junior leagues have been pilfered by the CHL for years, and having that stronger competition back home might help them retain their talent closer to home. Also allow them to disband the Orange Team playing in the SVK Extraliga, which is a bad idea, IMO. Having those youngsters being pummeled by men constantly, and then having any talented players stolen by other teams in league at will, is a bad strategy, IMO.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:48 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I was reading the promotion/relegation thread and DrPabloRamirez was talking junior leagues so I'd thought I'd ask about this here.

Any chance of any Slovak MHL teams in the near future. To me it seems like the MHL is being set up the right way, and is being set up as a nice alternative to the CHL. Getting 2-3 Slovak MHL teams would be a very good way for the Slovaks to start drawing their players back home, to play in a league at home that can offer the competition that the CHL offers. Both the CZE and SVK junior leagues have been pilfered by the CHL for years, and having that stronger competition back home might help them retain their talent closer to home. Also allow them to disband the Orange Team playing in the SVK Extraliga, which is a bad idea, IMO. Having those youngsters being pummeled by men constantly, and then having any talented players stolen by other teams in league at will, is a bad strategy, IMO.
Slovan Bratislava will have a team in MHL. But when, it is a question. Now we have "slovak" team in Budapest - Patriot Budapest.
Its all about money. The travel cost are pretty high and every team from Slovakia has money issues. Therefore the only one logical answer is Slovan Bratislava.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Slovan Bratislava will have a team in MHL. But when, it is a question. Now we have "slovak" team in Budapest - Patriot Budapest.
Its all about money. The travel cost are pretty high and every team from Slovakia has money issues. Therefore the only one logical answer is Slovan Bratislava.
Fair enough. Maybe someday they can set up a central Europe "division"/league in MHL that will play like WHL-OHL-QMJHL with other Russian divisions. Have like 3-4 CZE teams, 2-3 SVK teams, and teams from AUS, GER, HUN, CRO, SLV or even BLR/LAT/POL/UKR to complete the league. I think that is kinda the idea the KHL/MHL is driving towards, being a European version of CHL. Just spitballing though, ways to keep Slovaks developing back home without them having to be phenoms like Dano that can make KHL at 17, since I am not sold that the CHL is the proper way to develop many prospects.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-05-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:00 PM
ebis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post

Slovan's GM said in an online interview that they will have an MHL team in less than two years.

http://www.pluska.sk/sport/hokej/gen...oblecieme.html

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:41 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

what do you think about stanislav horansky? he now plays for biel jr. (swiss). in 16 games had 8 goals 11 assists. next year he only needs to play more 10 games to have a swiss licence, and that could help him to get the first in NLA. do you think that could be a good feat for him? having watched the kid play, i would say that the kid is skilled and a pure forward but a little bit selfish in certain moments of the game. but he's got talent.

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:23 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special One View Post
what do you think about stanislav horansky? he now plays for biel jr. (swiss). in 16 games had 8 goals 11 assists. next year he only needs to play more 10 games to have a swiss licence, and that could help him to get the first in NLA. do you think that could be a good feat for him? having watched the kid play, i would say that the kid is skilled and a pure forward but a little bit selfish in certain moments of the game. but he's got talent.
If he will play in NLA, very good for him. Much better option as Slovak Extraleague.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM
menjek

Kind of quiet here...

Peter Cehlarik scored the first goal for Lulea in 5th playoff game against Frolunda (Lulea is winning 2:0 atm, in series it's 2:2). Nice season continues for this kid. I'm looking forward to what he can do on U18.

menjek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:06 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by menjek View Post
Kind of quiet here...

Peter Cehlarik scored the first goal for Lulea in 5th playoff game against Frolunda (Lulea is winning 2:0 atm, in series it's 2:2). Nice season continues for this kid. I'm looking forward to what he can do on U18.
He is the Slovak jumper of this season. Nobody counted with him, even the NHL scouts. He was not listed in the January CSS draft ranking. I'm curious, how it will reflect to the finals ones.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
bibi2013

...See sportsmanship captain Swedish national team U18 de la Rose...

http://bambuser.com/v/3530739

bibi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:10 AM
bibi2013

..award for this offense was playing the following game... horrible...

Last edited by bibi2013: 04-25-2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: twice written
Old
04-26-2013, 06:55 AM
bibi2013

...Slovakia U18 remained in the elite division..