HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The Bouwmeester idea presented in the Gagne trade thread is highly plausible from my perspective. We have a lot of things Calgary needs (read: JB) and they could hold some salary back to make next year's cap hit easy for us to take on.
I don't think Jaybo is realistic. Maybe if his contract expired after this year he would be.

I know its a dead horse but cap goes way down, and Quick's cap hit goes WAY up. Clifford will get a modest raise and I can definitely see Voynov being a problem. Lombardi may have to pony up alot more than he wants to keep Voynov here and out of the KHL. The KHL will be a big leverage point for Slava and I think it is going to end up being a mess, especially if he keeps up his current pace.

The NHLPA veterans served themselves by not taking a rollback. Youngsters like O'Reilly, Subban, and now Voynov and all of the other young stars are going to be paying the price. Doughty is lucky he got his $$$ when he did.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Ollie Weeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The Bouwmeester idea presented in the Gagne trade thread is highly plausible from my perspective. We have a lot of things Calgary needs (read: JB) and they could hold some salary back to make next year's cap hit easy for us to take on.
I would guess a move like that goes down if Scuderi cannot be extended prior to free agency. But I can readily see Scuderi pulling a Williams and staying on board.

We CAN ice a team with Bouwmeester in the lineup, but it involves neither Scuderi or Mitchell.

EDIT: unless CGY ate part of the cap hit like you mentioned. I am still adjusting to the concept.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Id say no to thinking about Jaybo. tough beans.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I'd be o.k. with Bouwmeester as long as they eat some of that cap hit.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
Ollie Weeks

Hey lookie there:

Quote:
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP

#LAKings Lombardi says informal discussion with Rob Scuderi have opened regarding an extension.
What a coinkydink, I literally just mentioned that.

Old
tsanuri

When thinking about trades don't forget the new re-alignment has to be in the back of the mind of every GM. How strong do you want to make any potential division rival?

Old
02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
DeeMeck

Nice meltdown on Dallas board over this Cole/Ryder deal.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Nice meltdown on Dallas board over this Cole/Ryder deal.
Same for Montreal. lol, neither team likes it, though some Montreal fans like getting rid of the contract, they don't like Ryder.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I would guess a move like that goes down if Scuderi cannot be extended prior to free agency. But I can readily see Scuderi pulling a Williams and staying on board.

We CAN ice a team with Bouwmeester in the lineup, but it involves neither Scuderi or Mitchell.

EDIT: unless CGY ate part of the cap hit like you mentioned. I am still adjusting to the concept.
This idea I had is pretty much dead now that the Kings are talking extension with Scuderi, but let's say for example that J-Bo cost 3.5 for us and Scuderi 3. Which one would the Kings rather have?

We can take on a player with a 3.5 or under cap hit if the team subsequently sheds 3.25 million during the offseason. I know exactly which 3.25 million too. Kings would be cutting it tight but it can be done. The cap hold scenario puts a lot of things into play.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
I get the feeling one of Voynov/Martinez is gonna get offersheeted hard. :/

Old
02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Same for Montreal. lol, neither team likes it, though some Montreal fans like getting rid of the contract, they don't like Ryder.
The fans will come around. It is a great deal for them if it's a straight up deal.

Old
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I highly doubt it. We have the money to match either, neither is really at that level to warrant an offer sheet, and those things are very rare. If RoR hasn't been offer sheeted yet, neither of our guys will be.

Old
Ollie Weeks

Holy ****, Cole for Ryder!

No what I can't see there? The appeal.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:30 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
The offer sheet has to be signed, That's why they are rare.

Slava is not going to sign some offer sheet to a bottom feeder.

Cause none of the contending teams can offer sheet him, to a price the Kings won't pay.

A-Mart has done zip to warrant an offer sheet.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Why? It didn't happen with Doughty, Subban, or Del Zotto. I don't see why it would suddenly happen with those two. And the Kings will have plenty of cap space to re-sign them. Such a random thought. Rest easy, they'll be signed.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
I must be reading our salaries wrong. My bad. (on top of the other factors you above mentioned--thanks)

Old
02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Richie10

I don't see Lombardi having any issues whatsoever, internally, with wanting to open the coffers for Voynov. Not a Doughty contract, but he'll get a more than fair offer.

Good, right shooting defensemen are incredibly rare and we're lucky enough to have TWO, and both are young and haven't even hit their primes. Voynov has been a huge hit for us and been our best defenseman this season to boot. You don't let a player like that walk. Sutter knows it and Lombardi knows it. Voynov will get his money.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I'd think that you'd want 2 extra forwards and 1 extra d, isn't that how most teams are?
From LA Kings insider.

-Simon Gagne did not ask for a trade out of Los Angeles.
-There won’t be an immediate call-up from Manchester.
-When Martinez returns, the team is leaning towards keeping two extra defensemen and one extra forward.
-Trading for a forward to add to the left wing corps does not appear to be a heavy priority.
-Willie Mitchell had a procedure done on his knee, identified by Lisa Dillman of the LA Times as a PRP procedure.
-The procedure was “something he wanted to try” and Mitchell is in the “same holding pattern”. There is no timetable for his return.
-Alec Martinez is on schedule in his rehabilitation from an upper-body injury. The two-to-four week ballpark hasn’t changed.
-Jake Muzzin’s recent play was praised, as was Davis Drewiske’s compete level and Keaton Ellerby’s development in the team’s systems.
-There have been informal discussions on a contract extension for Rob Scuderi.

I’ll embed the conference call’s audio later this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
They don't want to have to waive Muzzin, Ellerby or Drewiske. When Amart comes back just roll with

Doughty-Amart
Voynov-Scuderi
Ellerby-Muzzin
Drewiske

Who knows we might see Muzzin and Bernier packaged at the deadline for a nice shiny something.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Johnny Utah

Love Muzzin's game recently...Ellerby is the one who seems to be struggling.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Love Muzzin's game recently...Ellerby is the one who seems to be struggling.
Lol? Dean Lombardi just said that Keats had two of his best games in the past two. Said it on the call. So he clearly disagrees.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Lol? Dean Lombardi just said that Keats had two of his best games in the past two. Said it on the call. So he clearly disagrees.
The last 2 were good, but the few before that were not. I just didn't notice him that much recently and he is no longer in the top 4 pairings.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
The last 2 were good, but the few before that were not. I just didn't notice him that much recently and he is no longer in the top 4 pairings.
Well I think that's probably moreso because Whiskey has been pretty good this year in the absence of Greener and Mitchie. He's certainly got to be more respected in the room due to the fact that he's been here for a few years, paid his dues, and never complained about sitting in the box all last year.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Whiskeypete

MTL ***** DAL on that trade. Ryder and a pick. for Cole, his large cap hit and diminishing play....wtf was that?

people complain about Scuds skating, mobility and agility. they will lose their **** with Bouw....dude is a massive tree trunk on skates. no legs, just skates at the bottom of a tree trunk. picture that, let it sink in.....oh yeah, there it is.

i know we need some presence back there without WM and MG, but he isn't the long term answer. the same as Redden wasn't the answer a few weeks back. oh yeah, how's that working out for STL? he had two quick goals after joining, then been held pointless, reduced TOI and been a minus player every game since his goals a month ago.

to many people that react to bright lights like this around here sometimes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZfK8ulOIt0

Old
02-26-2013, 08:29 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Unless a team offers a ridiculous offer sheet that makes no sense the cap on term and salary variance makes it highly unlikely any offer sheet would be sent, even more so not matched by the Kings.

Closed Thread