HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

Old
02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
TankLarkin

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CostaTheCrazyGreek;60549525]3 words, TANK BABY TANK.

somebody call?

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
The guys in front of him have been embarrassing all season. Hank let in 1 bad goal tonight. Hank should ask for a trade away from this horrid team.
The 3rd goal wasn't bad? Terrible rebound to Jokinen. There's no rationality when it comes to this board. He's treated as sort of divine creation that can never be criticized. I'm sorry when you play goalie and are supposedly the best player on the team you deserve MORE criticism. It's like if you have a genius son and a mentally challenged son and one screws up, who do you yell at? Sure you can yell at some of his teammates, but especially in this game without 2 of our 4 best D-men and best D-man, are you really going to yell at the mentally challenged kids?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:57 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Agreed. I do not understand why some people think the guy is beyond blame.
Its not that he is beyond blame. Its that you need a good defense to be a great goalie. Ask Roy he said it. The team in front of him is horrible. Might as well just have Hank skate out and play the game by himself. The team is invisible. They did make a slight apperance in the 3rd but they have been invisible for a while now.

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
You guys are disgusting me right now, we have one of the best goalies in the world. He had an off night but he's bailed us out time after time after time after time and you guys are throwing him under the bus bigtime.
He hasn't been great all season, and tonight, with a depleted lineup, he HAD to be great. He wasn't. He let in one awful goal right after the Rangers made it 3-2, and the third Winnipeg goal was a typical bad rebound that Hank has a tendency to leave.

This happened over 10 years ago with Richter too. Nobody would ever blame the guy for some crappy performances as the team fell apart NEEDING a big game from the STAR netminder.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
An elite goalie, when his team isn't right, needs to come up with a shutout, or at the very least some huge saves.

No question he is an elite goalie, but clearly not playing like one this year.
Oh yeah, just come up with a shutout like that huh? Of course, why didn't he think of that? Amazingly simple!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
So we don't spoil this wonderful game for our loyal fans.

It's more a spoilers thing than anything. We've been keeping scores out of the title for a while now.
Yeah I figured it was a spoilers thing. Yeah sorry, didn't know... that was my first post game thread. I picked a great one for my first! haha ugh

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
A Spade is a Spade
This team has been playing an extremely destructive and boring to watch style of hockey for the past 3 years plus
I actually thought the hockey they played after canning Renney was OK. But the players did not live up to that system - especially the pinching D got caught on odd men rushes when their incompetent attempts failed short
The only reason a sane person could be happy with it was the results last season. Which was a combination of taking other teams by surprise, overachieving, a good portion of fortunate circumstances and a very good team feeling in the locker room.
This year other teams/coaches have caught on to the system, the team seems listless and without the edge they had last year, they are **** outta luck and many key players have been playing like crap.
But the system reveals its true identity now
And it is so boring to watch - a true game of grind, dump, chase and boardplay, followed by a letdown and BOOM - a goal down...
And I am not even going to start with the PP
It is beyond repair or acceptance
Fire Sullivan NOW
Fire Torts if we do not make playoffs/get relegated 1st round
Fire Sather any which way
Buyout Richards after 2013/2014 season, perhaps earlier - if this slide continues

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

If there is any justice in this world Callahan gets to bang everyone of his teammates wives/girlfriends tonight.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaTheCrazyGreek View Post
3 words, TANK BABY TANK. 2 more words FIRE SALE
Yes, let's tank so we can help out Columbus.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:58 PM
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
He hasn't been great all season, and tonight, with a depleted lineup, he HAD to be great. He wasn't. He let in one awful goal right after the Rangers made it 3-2, and the third Winnipeg goal was a typical bad rebound that Hank has a tendency to leave.

This happened over 10 years ago with Richter too. Nobody would ever blame the guy for some crappy performances as the team fell apart NEEDING a big game from the STAR netminder.
I said he let in a stinker, I'm not denying that, but to go off the deep end on our most valuable player is just stupid. Pure idiocy.

Old
Affinity

Can't wait for Nash, MDZ, and McD to come back. Hoping we can go back to the lines we had while Boyle was scratched just slot him in for Asham.

Affinity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by costathecrazygreek View Post
3 words, tank baby tank. 2 more words fire sale
jonathan drouin please.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
jonathan drouin please.
Rather have Barkov.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Oh yeah, just come up with a shutout like that huh? Of course, why didn't he think of that? Amazingly simple!
He's done it before when we really needed a win.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:00 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I don't think Kreider has been too spectacular, I just wish he was treated the same way Miller is being treated by the coaching staff. I guess you can just chalk it up to Torts using different means to push different players.

Miller has him on the D right now, that's for sure. He's quite good in his own zone for a 19 year old. But aside from the game against the Islanders, Miller has been invisible offensively.

Before being sent to the Whale, in the four games after returning from his injury Kreider was one of the best Rangers on the ice. I think that demotion to the Whale really ****ed with him, and now he's not getting his chances to show what he can do with offensive talent. I get the argument that "if he can only put up points playing with Richards or Stepan than he shouldn't be here" I get that thought process.

But for ****s sake people, not even Nash would put up points with Bickel, Mashinter, or Boyle.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:00 PM
nevesis

“@AGrossRecord: Henrik Lundqvist says Jets' fourth goal is one he's going to think about for a while. He says he has to make that save.”

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Thunderhead

At least Tampa, Fish and Canes lost. Lol, we managed to stay close.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He played an awful game. What do you expect?

The team is down in the dumps, and when you're in that situation the big guys on your team need to come up big. He's the biggest, and turned in a brutal performance.
no you're not allowed to call out lundqvist when he plays like crap, because of how great he's played in other games.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
@AGrossRecord: Henrik Lundqvist says Jets' fourth goal is one he's going to think about for a while. He says he has to make that save.
Ok, I give him credit for holding himself accountable. Something I always liked about him.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
no you're not allowed to call out lundqvist when he plays like crap, because of how great he's played in other games.
I don't like that rule. I want a recount.

Old
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Blaming Torts for Kreider's play is absurd. Yeah, he played 4th line minutes tonight, but he's had chances on every line, with every amount of TOI, with every set of players possible. He hasn't shown his strength or speed well enough at all at any point with any amount of ice. This "he's nervous about the coach" stuff is BS. Man up and play the game. Playing timid is obviously not getting him on the coaches good side. Let us not forget that he was playing the way in the AHL with the same poor results. It's not Torts, it's Kreider. Believe it or not, there are problems that don't lead back to Torts.
I'd have to agree with this. There really should have been some alarms going off with the kid's poor play in the AHL.

Tort's quick benchings don't help, but there obviously has been something wrong with the kid long before that.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
I said he let in a stinker, I'm not denying that, but to go off the deep end on our most valuable player is just stupid. Pure idiocy.
I Didn't say he needed to pitch a shutout tonight. All I said is he was bad tonight when he needed to come up with a big performance. The guy can be blamed if he has a bad game. I'll be the first one to praise him for a great game.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WPGNYRFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Of course you can call him out, but saying that he sucks, that he's 100% responsible for the loss, stuff like that is just wrong.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
@AGrossRecord: Henrik Lundqvist says Jets' fourth goal is one he's going to think about for a while. He says he has to make that save.
He better think about the 3rd one too.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I'm not saying he is solely (or even mostly) to blame, or that he has even been "bad" by NHL standards, but Hank MUST be better.

He MUST. Or the team is going absolutely nowhere.