HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Free Agents

Old
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
We arent playing for 5years from now, we are playing to win in the next 2 or 3 years.

Leddy is a bottom pairing Dman on this team, Bolland is an average #2C or amazing #3C. Depth dmen are harder to find than shutdown Cmen.

Bolland over Leddy all day, now and in 3-5 years.
Agree to disagree.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:30 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
We arent playing for 5years from now, we are playing to win in the next 2 or 3 years.

Leddy is a bottom pairing Dman on this team, Bolland is an average #2C or amazing #3C. Depth dmen are harder to find than shutdown Cmen.

Bolland over Leddy all day, now and in 3-5 years.
And now we know why people don't abbreviate centre in that way.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Blue Liner

There are so many people I'm glad aren't the Blackhawks' GM in here.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:10 PM
topnotch

Quote:
Leddy over Bolland, give me a break. I like Leddy but that is complete nonsense.

I don't want to turn this into a Leddy thread, so i'll just stick to what I said above. RFAs should sign bridge contracts and not sign offer sheets. If Subban got 2.5, no way in hell should Leddy get more than 2. It's a pet peeve I have that won't change. I hated Hammer for what he did, and I don't want to go through with that with Leddy. Sign with us for a fair price or GTFO.
Hammer signed his offer sheet because Bowman had to lowball him in an attempt to get as many players under the cap as possible. It was a gamble that didn't pay off because SJ saw the Hawks had no options.

Leddy will be resigned. It will probably be under 3 mil, but not by a whole lot. Rozsival got 2 mil (as an UFA) on a 1 year deal. Bowman will have to pay for potential, and incredible skating ability.

Stalberg will be the interesting one. As a UFA with world class skating, and a good sized frame he could command more than he's really worth. Signing him, Leddy, and Hammer in 2014 could put Bolland into jeopardy.

topnotch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:10 PM
puterwiz53

Leddy needs to be re-signed before Bolland. I believe Bolland to be the one player who is expendable to both - save cap space and have enough cap space to sign a 2nd line center. Guys with Leddy's talent are very few and far between. The Hawks have prospects to will be ready to replace Bolland in a year or two but have no prospects on defense that could even come close to replacing Leddy.

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:29 PM
The Good Doctor
RIP HST (1937-2005)

Did I just read Leddy is a bottom D-man? I wasn't hallucinating, right?

The Good Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
On what team did I say?
And on that team, what pairing does he play on?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:13 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
On what team did I say?
Yeah, but he's better than 99% of bottom-pairing Dmen. Just because he's on the third pair, doesn't make him more replaceable.

Just like Stalberg on the third or first line doesn't make him any more/less replaceable. He's still Stalberg and Leddy's still Leddy.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Leddy is playing on the 3rd pairing, getting 3rd pairing minutes (TOI and shielding), so yes, technically he is a bottom D-man. But realistically, he is more than a bottom D-man. And there is the issue - does he get paid for what everyone knows he will become or does he get paid for what he actually played this season. Either way, in my opinion Leddy is the first priority to get re-signed.

Priority to free agent signing:
1. Leddy - future 40-50 pt pmd
2. Kruger - Mr. all everythng
3. Stalberg - speed/size not replaceable
4. The rest as possible - Bickell, Emery, Roszival

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Stalberg is gone, Bickell is likely gone. Sign Leddy longterm with Kruger right behind him. Leddy on a Keith 2.33 contract sounds great

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:45 PM
BronYrAur

Keeping Leddy is important. Hawks should do everything possible to get him for 3+ yrs at less than $3m per.

Bolland can walk after next season. I love 36 but we have Danault/Pirri/Kruger/TT (maybe C maybe not)/McNeill as solid looking centers in the system. Bolland has just not done enough to earn a raise from his $3.3m that he makes now, and I doubt he's going to take pay cut.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:46 PM
The Good Doctor
RIP HST (1937-2005)

Quote:
On what team did I say?
Using your logic, Patrick Kane is only a second-line winger.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:06 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Keeping Leddy is important. Hawks should do everything possible to get him for 3+ yrs at less than $3m per.

Bolland can walk after next season. I love 36 but we have Danault/Pirri/Kruger/TT (maybe C maybe not)/McNeill as solid looking centers in the system. Bolland has just not done enough to earn a raise from his $3.3m that he makes now, and I doubt he's going to take pay cut.
Agreed on Bolland. Plus, with his injury history who knows if re-signing him is a smart option at this point.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post

Perfect post. That is exactly the point that I was trying to convey.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Stalberg is gone, Bickell is likely gone. Sign Leddy longterm with Kruger right behind him. Leddy on a Keith 2.33 contract sounds great
reality tells me that's how it looks like.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:39 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Leddy over Bolland, give me a break. I like Leddy but that is complete nonsense.

I don't want to turn this into a Leddy thread, so i'll just stick to what I said above. RFAs should sign bridge contracts and not sign offer sheets. If Subban got 2.5, no way in hell should Leddy get more than 2. It's a pet peeve I have that won't change. I hated Hammer for what he did, and I don't want to go through with that with Leddy. Sign with us for a fair price or GTFO.
Bolland's skill set has become pretty redundant on this team, at least in a salary cap world.

Bolland's best role is as a shut down third line centre.

He doesn't provide enough offence to be a second line centre, and he's not shutting anyone down in that role.

Kruger is slowly taking over the Bolland role, at a fraction of the cost, and without the injuries.

I like Bolland as much as the next guy, and he was instrumental in our SC run. But if the team needs to make choices of who to sign/trade, Bolland may well not make the cut. Trading him in a package for a #2 centre, and having Kruger center the #3 line, may well be in the future for this cap team.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Nothingman*

I will probably get flamed, but I think Stalberg and Bickell will walk. I agree with the OP on the buy outs. And I like Bolland.....don't get me wrong. But I think he is tradeable or else he walks the following year in order not to turn over too much of the roster. We are deep at forward and there is no use sinking $ into F that we most likely can replace more economically.

Nothingman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I will probably get flamed, but I think Stalberg and Bickell will walk. I agree with the OP on the buy outs. And I like Bolland.....don't get me wrong. But I think he is tradeable or else he walks the following year in order not to turn over too much of the roster. We are deep at forward and there is no use sinking $ into F that we most likely can replace more economically.
I wouldn't let Stalberg walk.. If we can't get a deal done then I would trade him.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
I wouldn't let Stalberg walk.. If we can't get a deal done then I would trade him.
True. I hope that happens and we get a pic in this year's draft or something like that. But you usually get the most out of a person who is going ot be a UFA during the season and we don't want to mess with the team then. Unless we win the Cup then everyone is worth 1.5 X their value it seems.

Nothingman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Using your logic, Patrick Kane is only a second-line winger.
On this team, he is.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
The Good Doctor
RIP HST (1937-2005)

Quote:
On this team, he is.
Point

Your head

Old
02-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Yeah, but he's better than 99% of bottom-pairing Dmen. Just because he's on the third pair, doesn't make him more replaceable.

Just like Stalberg on the third or first line doesn't make him any more/less replaceable. He's still Stalberg and Leddy's still Leddy.
Like I said, it would have nothing to do with his play that I wouldn't want to sign him. It's everything to do with wanting players to play here that want to play here, regardless of what their agents think. I want to keep players here that want to play here, I don't care for the players that go for the money and sign offer sheets or hold out.

I would be more than happy to sign him to something a little less than Subban or something he is currently worth, but if it's an offersheet or complete overpayment for his current play, I am OK with saying bye.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Agree with everything. I wonder what Bickell would get on the open market. If we can get him on a reasonable deal, I'd like him back. Stalberg is going to get around $3 mil so I don't see how we can keep him.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
The Hawks aren't going to move important roster players during the season.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:

Short term thinking my friend. Chances are we get him for under $3 M, and I don't like it either if we have to pay more, but we can't let Leddy walk. I think Q has him pegged as his project, and has hopes of him becoming another Keith.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote