HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part VII (Machida/Munoz *Bisping out)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Captain_Cunney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
It's a very top heavy card, but you are getting one of the biggest fights of the year and two other very good ones. The rest of the card is bad but
I think you're being a bit unreasonable with your expectations.
And the under card is very good if you are a Canadian & interested in our other fighters not named GSP. Mein debuting against the always game miller, cote dropping to 170, carvallo will put on another good performance & makdessi vs cruickshamk will be a slobber knocker.

I don't know why he would be complaining, the 3 WW matchups make up for the other 2, one of which will be an excellent fight (Fletcher/Ricci).

$200 for GSP/Diaz alone is worth it, it's one of the most anticipates fights of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Word is Anderson is now willing to fight Jon Jones. At 192 pounds. .
This has to be a joke. Jones is on his way to HW, he'd have to shave his beard and cut off an arm to make 192. 205 is probably hard enough to cut to.

If you want to move up and fight a guy, then do so at his weight, show some Gracie heart. Technique trumps size if you truly are the baddest man on the planet.

Last edited by Captain_Cunney: 02-26-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Are either of these tidbits on record anywhere?
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
This has to be a joke. Jones is on his way to HW, he'd have to shave his beard and cut off an arm to make 192. 205 is probably hard enough to cut to.

If you want to move up and fight a guy, then do so at his weight, show some Gracie heart. Technique trumps size if you truly are the baddest man on the planet.
It's downright embarrassing. Anderson has fought three guys at 205, and had his most recent fight there, and 2 of those 3 guys were huge 205ers, yet he wants Jones at 190. It's just pathetic.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:34 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Link

It's downright embarrassing. Anderson has fought three guys at 205, and had his most recent fight there, and 2 of those 3 guys were huge 205ers, yet he wants Jones at 190. It's just pathetic.
He also wants GSP at a catchweight as well but 190 is ridiculous.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
02-26-2013, 09:17 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
So Mighty Mouse/Moraga cancelled as DJ is hurt.

Also... this is very weird so going to break it down:

If Aldo beats Pettis, he wants to move up and fight Bendo. Bendo is okay with this and Aldo has been guaranteed this fight if he wins.
If Pettis beats Aldo, he too wants to move up and fight Bendo for the title. He has not been guaranteed this but he wants the same deal Aldo has. Bendo is okay with fighting Pettis too.
If Bendo beats Gil, this **** gets crazy. He wants to move up and fight GSP for his title. So....lets start shifting everyone up a division.

In other news, Rumble is now fighting at super heavyweight...which is still lighter than Rumbleweight.

Oh...and watching UFC Tonight and Anderson speaks perfect English and he understands it. So cut the ****ing translator Ed Soares **** please.

Dana now says that Pettis wouldn't be allowed to move up and fight at 155 right away if he beats Aldo and Bendo won't move up period right now. Too many fights for him in that division.

Also, Suga vs Hendo is being talked about in the UFC.

Last edited by cnshockey: 02-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 09:27 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Rumbleweight is basically infinity.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
m9

Also Matt Riddle failed another drug test and was released. Don't know what drug, but knowing him there is a 99.999% probability it was weed.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Also Matt Riddle failed another drug test and was released. Don't know what drug, but knowing him there is a 99.999% probability it was weed.
That is correct.

Quote:
The welterweight fighter on Tuesday confirmed to MMAjunkie.com Radio that he failed his second post-fight drug test for marijuana and has been released from the UFC.
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...a-cut-from-ufc

What an idiot.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

He'll be in WSOF in no time. I don't really see many, if any, UFC fighters going to Bellator unless they're very low name guys. While Riddle isn't a huge name, he's had every fight in his career in the UFC and has a good record. He'll leave, prove he can piss without failing, and then be back.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If Bendo beats Gil, this **** gets crazy. He wants to move up and fight GSP for his title. So....lets start shifting everyone up a division. .
He does? I'll admit I always wanted Bendo to move up but a title shot at GSP is kind of too much. Maybe after he beats Aldo and Pettis... he has only defended the belt once. GSP on the other hand?

Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
m9

Dana White already shot down Ben moving up and said he has lots of guys to clear out at 155.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:17 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Dana White already shot down Ben moving up and said he has lots of guys to clear out at 155.
Exactly. Still crazy though that he ALREADY wants that fight. Especially when to me, Frankie is still champ.

/cue people coming in saying "BUT MMA JUDGES TOLD ME BENDO WON!"

Old
02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Kitten Mittons

I say it's split. Frankie won the rematch.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Urijah Faber vs Scott Jorgensen is the new main event for the TUF Finale

Quote:
Dana White @danawhite
Glad everyone is loving TUF this season! The main event for the Live Finale is Uriah Faber vs Scott Jorgensen @TUFonFX
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/306653869952364544

Old
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
BGDDYKWL

I think it's interesting that we're seeing a lot of guys talking about jumping weight classes, but Bendo would get absolutely SMOKED by GSP. I really don't have a whole lot of interest in that fight.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Urijah Faber vs Scott Jorgensen is the new main event for the TUF Finale

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/306653869952364544
Two of my favorite fighters, always an exciting fight when either one is involved. Fun matchup, although I don't see how Jorgensen wins it.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That's pretty harsh and fairly ignorant. *The guy has been using medically since he was 13 years old and in the process replaced about a dozen or so much more worrisome pharma drugs. *

What's stupid is the fact that a medical clearance does nothing for this yet guys like Vitor are medically allowed to juice via trt.*

Medical mary Jane is a touchy issue, but uneducated & bias opinions on riddle being an idiot certainly aren't accurate. *I don't know where he goes from here, there isn't much he can do until an exception is made.*

Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
That's pretty harsh and fairly ignorant. *The guy has been using medically since he was 13 years old and in the process replaced about a dozen or so much more worrisome pharma drugs. *

What's stupid is the fact that a medical clearance does nothing for this yet guys like Vitor are medically allowed to juice via trt.*

Medical mary Jane is a touchy issue, but uneducated & bias opinions on riddle being an idiot certainly aren't accurate. *I don't know where he goes from here, there isn't much he can do until an exception is made.*
Here's MY thought on it:

It's cool if you smoke for legit reasons but you have a ****ing job where it's clearly not legal and you continue to do it. That makes you an idiot. You failed one test. You KNEW you couldn't keep smoking and fighting. And you did.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
m9

Quote:

That all may be true, but he had a lucrative job and knew the rules. He has a young family he has to support and he has made a choice to purposely violate the rules, no matter how dumb and hypocritical some of us think the rules are.

I am all for sticking to your values and morals but not at the expense of hurting my family. I think he has young triplets or something, and he's decided that smoking weed is more important than providing for them.

The guy puts on entertaining fights and was coming off a big win. 8-3 in the UFC. Probably was set up nicely going forward, and throws it away.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:51 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Who else fights at Rumbleweight? Minowaman is the only guy I can think of.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:59 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Tim Sylvia.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:17 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:

I hate this TRT, crap. It's the belly-putter of MMA.

Seriously a joke, No cough medicine! Here's some testosterone to inject so you can be quicker, stronger, have better endurance, work harder, lift more, train longer, etc.

I hope they come up with a Weed Replacement Therapy. I can't get as high as I used to.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Who else fights at Rumbleweight? Minowaman is the only guy I can think of.
Minowaman P4P GOAT AINEC

Old
02-27-2013, 12:32 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Minowaman P4P GOAT AINEC
You have a Minowaman google alert, don't you.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:04 PM
I Am Beat You

Weed clearly isn't the main reason for Riddle being cut.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Beat You View Post
Weed clearly isn't the main reason for Riddle being cut.
It clearly is.

Closed Thread