HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What do you want in free agency?

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Perry would be a fantastic addition to the team. I'd definitely go after him.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:42 PM
EveryDay

Some interesting UFA this summer up front.

Perry
Getzlaf
Clarkson
Clowe
Horton
Dupuis
Semin
Elias

With all the cap space who would like?

Old
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Maxpac

Well, today certaintly changes things.. With Kaberle never playing you can also expct him becoming the 2nd Habs buyout.

You can't just look a the free agents, the year after there's also a ton of good players who could become free agents so they might be available. One man I would target? Jason Pominville.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

Hi guys, first post, long time hab fan.

Just wanted to join my voice to the crowd in the Perry camp.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Perry

Assuming we buy-out Kaberle, we have 8M+ to spend for the upcoming FA frenzy. Make it happen MB!

Old
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
PKsubbydoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some interesting UFA this summer up front.

Perry
Getzlaf
Clarkson
Clowe
Horton
Dupuis
Semin
Elias

With all the cap space who would like?
Having a healthy Horton in our top six would give our team an interesting look , especially when playing the bruins

Old
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
No Team Needed

I don't see Nathan Horton playing with the same confidence in Montreal that he does in Boston.

Clarkson will likely stay in New Jersey.

Corey Perry could hit the jackpot in free agency and Montreal can afford a jackpot. It's still a long shot.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I don't see Nathan Horton playing with the same confidence in Montreal that he does in Boston.

Corey Perry could hit the jackpot in free agency and Montreal can afford a jackpot. It's still a long shot.
I HAD A DREAM... that ONE DAY... we would get Corey Perry on the Habs. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:16 PM
PKsubbydoo

Quote:

Not if he gets paid what he wants , it's a longshot but it would add everything we need in a top six IMO but clowe would be alot more realistic

Old
02-26-2013, 10:21 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKsubbydoo View Post
Not if he gets paid what he wants , it's a longshot but it would add everything we need in a top six IMO but clowe would be alot more realistic
SJ fans are getting really sick of Clowe. Maybe he needs new digs but I don't like what I hear out there.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
SJ fans are getting really sick of Clowe. Maybe he needs new digs but I don't like what I hear out there.
Always hard to judge players from the other conference. But from what I can tell based on the few times I've watched him is that he's in the Prust mold but better offensively. Looks like a bit of a loose cannon though.

And yeah Perry would be a dream, but unfortunately, in Montreal free agents grand slams almost always remain just that. Dreams.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Always hard to judge players from the other conference. But from what I can tell based on the few times I've watched him is that he's in the Prust mold but better offensively. Looks like a bit of a loose cannon though.

And yeah Perry would be a dream, but unfortunately, in Montreal free agents grand slams almost always remain just that. Dreams.
Clowe is also a heavy weight.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

I dunno. We had a pretty good one last year!

Old
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
LaTenderness

Perry, Semin or bust

Old
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
The 2010-11 edition of Ryane Clowe would be a very welcome addition to the Habs. The 2013 one? Not so much.

Perry/Getzlaf or Semin are really the only truly interesting names in this years UFA class. I'm guessing Perry might be the only one of those who actually hits UFA, if any of them do.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Alexdaman

I hope to see Pac-DD-Ryder together, DD kept feeding Cole and Cole was giving nothing back Ryder could be different.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Corey Perry in the Bleu, Blanc & Rouge would make me soil my trousers!

Old
02-26-2013, 11:34 PM
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

What if Anaheim fears not being able to resign him, and lose him for nothing. In anticipation, deals him at the deadline? I know it's highly unlikely considering how well the Ducks are playing this year. They probably have a shot at the Cup.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Ginu

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Perry
Bourque - DD - x
Moen - White - Prust

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Diaz

On the main board it was confirmed that Perry was a Habs fan growing up.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
ChoseLa

Bourque - Plek - Perry
Patch - Galch - Clowe
Prust - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Dumont - White

I know i got rid of Gio and DD magicaly, but that's just the way it is.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
On the main board it was confirmed that Perry was a Habs fan growing up.
I highly doubt that will have any kind of impact though.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
We ought to have something in the neighbourhood of $10M to spend, assuming the UFAs are let go and Kaberle bought out or traded. I'm not sure if it will be all that easy to lure Getzlaf/Perry away from Anaheim if their team succeeds there like they seem to be poised to. At any rate, any offer to either of them probably swallows a good deal of the available space. I'd chase them. But not expect much. You can offer $8M+, if they go to market. And cross your fingers. But better have some Plan Bs and Cs ready.

Our default lineup is actually pretty decent-looking. Bring Dumont up to replace Armstrong, and we've got a starting 13 up front. Tokarski or Budaj as backup. Kaberle gone and Weber at least a known commodity we have control over for extra depth. Bouillon looks like he is capable of being back too, if the price is right, for veteran depth. Could add 1 tougher/bigger guy, to me all depending on just what the pro evaluation is on Tinordi's chances.

I wouldn't go too hard after bigger names, older players, typical UFA-overpayments, etc, aside from the upper-end hail mary on Perry or Getzlaf.

Clowe and Clarkson could be considered... but all such guys are going to be such premium payouts, it'd be somewhat risky. They probably find takers at $25M/5yrs +.
Perry's pretty much the prize here. Why is Clowe so undervalued for a top-6 winger? Clarkson would be amazing to score too, but like you said, he's due for a big raise and that worries me, given that Bergevin paid $10m for Prust (not that he's not earning it, but he was originally signed to be a 4th liner and you couldn't predict that he'd step up and be more), though I'd be inclined to give Bergy the benefit of the doubt once more if he believes a guy's worth being slightly overpaid to play for us.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
We ought to have something in the neighbourhood of $10M to spend, assuming the UFAs are let go and Kaberle bought out or traded. I'm not sure if it will be all that easy to lure Getzlaf/Perry away from Anaheim if their team succeeds there like they seem to be poised to. At any rate, any offer to either of them probably swallows a good deal of the available space. I'd chase them. But not expect much. You can offer $8M+, if they go to market. And cross your fingers. But better have some Plan Bs and Cs ready.

Our default lineup is actually pretty decent-looking. Bring Dumont up to replace Armstrong, and we've got a starting 13 up front. Tokarski or Budaj as backup. Kaberle gone and Weber at least a known commodity we have control over for extra depth. Bouillon looks like he is capable of being back too, if the price is right, for veteran depth. Could add 1 tougher/bigger guy, to me all depending on just what the pro evaluation is on Tinordi's chances.

I wouldn't go too hard after bigger names, older players, typical UFA-overpayments, etc, aside from the upper-end hail mary on Perry or Getzlaf.

Clowe and Clarkson could be considered... but all such guys are going to be such premium payouts, it'd be somewhat risky. They probably find takers at $25M/5yrs +.
Perry take most of that

Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Mr. Hab

Get the ones that will help us the most in playoffs:
1) Perry (Hab fan)
2) Clarkson (playoff warrior)
3) Getzlaf? (lazy reputation?)
4) Iginla (2 year contract? too old?)
5) Clowe (ufa?)
6) Montoya (in case of injuries)
7) Doug Murray
8) Raffi Torres (great vs Bruins and Leafs...not sure if I want him wearing the CH jersey though...?)

No ****ing way:
Semin
Gonchar
Ribeiro

Old
02-27-2013, 10:51 AM
EveryDay

Nobody talk about Pascal Dupuis? would be an interesting option no? And what about Elias?

Old
02-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Nobody talk about Pascal Dupuis? would be an interesting option no? Ans what about Elias?
Gotta be careful with Dupuis, I mean I like the guy but he is playing with the worlds best player for a couple of seasons now and the reason he's putting up points. Not sure it would work here unless it's for 3rd line duty

Closed Thread