HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What do you want in free agency?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
  #126
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Perry would be a fantastic addition to the team. I'd definitely go after him.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 07:42 PM
  #127
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Some interesting UFA this summer up front.

Perry
Getzlaf
Clarkson
Clowe
Horton
Dupuis
Semin
Elias

With all the cap space who would like?

EveryDay is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM
  #128
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,630
vCash: 500
Well, today certaintly changes things.. With Kaberle never playing you can also expct him becoming the 2nd Habs buyout.

You can't just look a the free agents, the year after there's also a ton of good players who could become free agents so they might be available. One man I would target? Jason Pominville.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:34 PM
  #129
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user
 
Lionel Mandrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the shadows
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Hi guys, first post, long time hab fan.

Just wanted to join my voice to the crowd in the Perry camp.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Perry

Assuming we buy-out Kaberle, we have 8M+ to spend for the upcoming FA frenzy. Make it happen MB!

Lionel Mandrake is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
  #130
PKsubbydoo
Registered User
 
PKsubbydoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Some interesting UFA this summer up front.

Perry
Getzlaf
Clarkson
Clowe
Horton
Dupuis
Semin
Elias

With all the cap space who would like?
Having a healthy Horton in our top six would give our team an interesting look , especially when playing the bruins

PKsubbydoo is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:10 PM
  #131
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
I don't see Nathan Horton playing with the same confidence in Montreal that he does in Boston.

Clarkson will likely stay in New Jersey.

Corey Perry could hit the jackpot in free agency and Montreal can afford a jackpot. It's still a long shot.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:13 PM
  #132
Saundies
Registered User
 
Saundies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I don't see Nathan Horton playing with the same confidence in Montreal that he does in Boston.

Clarkson will likely stay in New Jersey.

Corey Perry could hit the jackpot in free agency and Montreal can afford a jackpot. It's still a long shot.
I HAD A DREAM... that ONE DAY... we would get Corey Perry on the Habs. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Saundies is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:16 PM
  #133
PKsubbydoo
Registered User
 
PKsubbydoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I don't see Nathan Horton playing with the same confidence in Montreal that he does in Boston.

Clarkson will likely stay in New Jersey.

Corey Perry could hit the jackpot in free agency and Montreal can afford a jackpot. It's still a long shot.
Not if he gets paid what he wants , it's a longshot but it would add everything we need in a top six IMO but clowe would be alot more realistic

PKsubbydoo is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:21 PM
  #134
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKsubbydoo View Post
Not if he gets paid what he wants , it's a longshot but it would add everything we need in a top six IMO but clowe would be alot more realistic
SJ fans are getting really sick of Clowe. Maybe he needs new digs but I don't like what I hear out there.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
  #135
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
SJ fans are getting really sick of Clowe. Maybe he needs new digs but I don't like what I hear out there.
Always hard to judge players from the other conference. But from what I can tell based on the few times I've watched him is that he's in the Prust mold but better offensively. Looks like a bit of a loose cannon though.

And yeah Perry would be a dream, but unfortunately, in Montreal free agents grand slams almost always remain just that. Dreams.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:35 PM
  #136
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Always hard to judge players from the other conference. But from what I can tell based on the few times I've watched him is that he's in the Prust mold but better offensively. Looks like a bit of a loose cannon though.

And yeah Perry would be a dream, but unfortunately, in Montreal free agents grand slams almost always remain just that. Dreams.
Clowe is also a heavy weight.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:41 PM
  #137
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,438
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Always hard to judge players from the other conference. But from what I can tell based on the few times I've watched him is that he's in the Prust mold but better offensively. Looks like a bit of a loose cannon though.

And yeah Perry would be a dream, but unfortunately, in Montreal free agents grand slams almost always remain just that. Dreams.
I dunno. We had a pretty good one last year!

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
  #138
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Perry, Semin or bust

LaTenderness is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
  #139
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,865
vCash: 50
The 2010-11 edition of Ryane Clowe would be a very welcome addition to the Habs. The 2013 one? Not so much.

Perry/Getzlaf or Semin are really the only truly interesting names in this years UFA class. I'm guessing Perry might be the only one of those who actually hits UFA, if any of them do.

Franck is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
  #140
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,213
vCash: 50
I hope to see Pac-DD-Ryder together, DD kept feeding Cole and Cole was giving nothing back Ryder could be different.

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
  #141
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
Corey Perry in the Bleu, Blanc & Rouge would make me soil my trousers!

905tech is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:34 PM
  #142
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
What if Anaheim fears not being able to resign him, and lose him for nothing. In anticipation, deals him at the deadline? I know it's highly unlikely considering how well the Ducks are playing this year. They probably have a shot at the Cup.

905tech is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
  #143
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Perry
Bourque - DD - x
Moen - White - Prust

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Tinordi - Diaz

On the main board it was confirmed that Perry was a Habs fan growing up.

Ginu is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
  #144
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Bourque - Plek - Perry
Patch - Galch - Clowe
Prust - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Dumont - White

I know i got rid of Gio and DD magicaly, but that's just the way it is.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 11:51 PM
  #145
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,865
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
On the main board it was confirmed that Perry was a Habs fan growing up.
I highly doubt that will have any kind of impact though.

Franck is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:01 AM
  #146
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
We ought to have something in the neighbourhood of $10M to spend, assuming the UFAs are let go and Kaberle bought out or traded. I'm not sure if it will be all that easy to lure Getzlaf/Perry away from Anaheim if their team succeeds there like they seem to be poised to. At any rate, any offer to either of them probably swallows a good deal of the available space. I'd chase them. But not expect much. You can offer $8M+, if they go to market. And cross your fingers. But better have some Plan Bs and Cs ready.

Our default lineup is actually pretty decent-looking. Bring Dumont up to replace Armstrong, and we've got a starting 13 up front. Tokarski or Budaj as backup. Kaberle gone and Weber at least a known commodity we have control over for extra depth. Bouillon looks like he is capable of being back too, if the price is right, for veteran depth. Could add 1 tougher/bigger guy, to me all depending on just what the pro evaluation is on Tinordi's chances.

I wouldn't go too hard after bigger names, older players, typical UFA-overpayments, etc, aside from the upper-end hail mary on Perry or Getzlaf.

Clowe and Clarkson could be considered... but all such guys are going to be such premium payouts, it'd be somewhat risky. They probably find takers at $25M/5yrs +.
Perry's pretty much the prize here. Why is Clowe so undervalued for a top-6 winger? Clarkson would be amazing to score too, but like you said, he's due for a big raise and that worries me, given that Bergevin paid $10m for Prust (not that he's not earning it, but he was originally signed to be a 4th liner and you couldn't predict that he'd step up and be more), though I'd be inclined to give Bergy the benefit of the doubt once more if he believes a guy's worth being slightly overpaid to play for us.

Dekar is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:36 AM
  #147
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
We ought to have something in the neighbourhood of $10M to spend, assuming the UFAs are let go and Kaberle bought out or traded. I'm not sure if it will be all that easy to lure Getzlaf/Perry away from Anaheim if their team succeeds there like they seem to be poised to. At any rate, any offer to either of them probably swallows a good deal of the available space. I'd chase them. But not expect much. You can offer $8M+, if they go to market. And cross your fingers. But better have some Plan Bs and Cs ready.

Our default lineup is actually pretty decent-looking. Bring Dumont up to replace Armstrong, and we've got a starting 13 up front. Tokarski or Budaj as backup. Kaberle gone and Weber at least a known commodity we have control over for extra depth. Bouillon looks like he is capable of being back too, if the price is right, for veteran depth. Could add 1 tougher/bigger guy, to me all depending on just what the pro evaluation is on Tinordi's chances.

I wouldn't go too hard after bigger names, older players, typical UFA-overpayments, etc, aside from the upper-end hail mary on Perry or Getzlaf.

Clowe and Clarkson could be considered... but all such guys are going to be such premium payouts, it'd be somewhat risky. They probably find takers at $25M/5yrs +.
Perry take most of that

Mats86 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
  #148
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Get the ones that will help us the most in playoffs:
1) Perry (Hab fan)
2) Clarkson (playoff warrior)
3) Getzlaf? (lazy reputation?)
4) Iginla (2 year contract? too old?)
5) Clowe (ufa?)
6) Montoya (in case of injuries)
7) Doug Murray
8) Raffi Torres (great vs Bruins and Leafs...not sure if I want him wearing the CH jersey though...?)



No ****ing way:
Semin
Gonchar
Ribeiro

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 10:51 AM
  #149
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Nobody talk about Pascal Dupuis? would be an interesting option no? And what about Elias?

EveryDay is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 10:52 AM
  #150
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Nobody talk about Pascal Dupuis? would be an interesting option no? Ans what about Elias?
Gotta be careful with Dupuis, I mean I like the guy but he is playing with the worlds best player for a couple of seasons now and the reason he's putting up points. Not sure it would work here unless it's for 3rd line duty

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.