HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

They won?!?!?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2013, 11:04 PM
  #51
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,887
vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
The point is they don't need him for anything, and it took a different coach to expose it and prove it.
Sample size: 1?

Man, I'm starting to wish Stamkos scored that goal so that we wouldn't be having this ridiculous argument.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
  #52
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I'm glad Vanek got 2 points. He is quietly rising up the all time Sabre scoring lists... By the time he is done , if he plays his whole career here then he will either be right behind or slightly ahead of Perreault as the all time leading goal scorer. At Vaneks current pace , he would pass Perreault for most goals as a Sabre during his 15th season.
His jersey will be in the rafters someday if he sticks around.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
  #53
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Good:

Hodgson
'Hoff
PK was excellent
Miller was sharp
I stayed awake for the whole game

Bad:

Myers with another derp fest, needs to stop trying to play the body so much
Grigorenko continues to look lost
Foligno may be taking some shifts while he's fast asleep
Stafford continues to be the most useless player in the NHL

Ugly:

I was barely awake the whole game

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:15 PM
  #54
ugly casanova*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Please, please tell me that you mean that he's not an NHL player THIS YEAR.
Look I can spot an NHL player this guy isn't one he is invisible on the ice and not in a good way he is all hype no game he has talent but not NHL awareness or vision

ugly casanova* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:18 PM
  #55
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly casanova View Post
Look I can spot an NHL player this guy isn't one he is invisible on the ice and not in a good way he is all hype no game he has talent but not NHL awareness or vision

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:19 PM
  #56
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
One game proves it?
Hardly. The PK had been below average through 18 games. Hecht's presence on this team, for some, hinged on his "elite" penalty killing ability. The new coach doesn't use him once, as the Sabres blank the 7th best powerplay in the league 6 times.

They have plenty of penalty killers without Hecht. Even more now, with Porter here.

Re-signing Hecht was wrong.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:22 PM
  #57
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sample size: 1?

Man, I'm starting to wish Stamkos scored that goal so that we wouldn't be having this ridiculous argument.
There ya go. That's the way. We wouldn't want you losing a debate now, would we? If only our team blew it to prop your ridiculous argument up.

Just admit it already. Bringing back Hecht was wrong.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:33 PM
  #58
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,609
vCash: 500
they won because it was my son's first live Sabres game... duh

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:35 PM
  #59
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
they won because it was my son's first live Sabres game... duh
Well that's cool. And here I thought they won because it was my wife's B-day


Did he have a good time? Popcorn and pop usually equals a happy kid

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
  #60
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
they won because it was my son's first live Sabres game... duh
I was actually curious...were you happy they won because you saw it (with your son), or disappointed they won for the draft position?

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
  #61
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
they won because it was my son's first live Sabres game... duh
Thats awesome, you heading to the game on Thursday too?

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
  #62
SabreBlood
Registered User
 
SabreBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
And Zip, the Sabres just played their cleanest game of the season. Hecht played under 6 minutes, while Porter played over 15, and you just brush it off as happenstance.

Get out of the past. Hecht is done. At least he goes out while sitting on top of the 4 on 5 advanced stats sheet.

SabreBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:42 PM
  #63
Kc232
Hi
 
Kc232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
U: 2pts farther away from #1 pick.

Just kiddin...

Kinda

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:42 PM
  #64
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Thats awesome, you heading to the game on Thursday too?
the wife and i have made that trip many times, but not with the little one this year

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
  #65
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 12,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
There ya go. That's the way. We wouldn't want you losing a debate now, would we? If only our team blew it to prop your ridiculous argument up.

Just admit it already. Bringing back Hecht was wrong.
Nobody has claimed that Hecht is an elite defensive forward... he is just miles better than the majority of our forwards on this team...

It wasn't wrong to bring Hecht back... he's signed to a cheap 1 year deal...its not even an issue. Would of it been nice to have someone better than Hecht? Abso-freakin-lutely.... But there really wasn't anyone out there available at the time.

Kevin Porter has showed me nothing in his few games... You're really jumping to conclusions basing your assumptions on 1 game where we shut down a top power play.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
  #66
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,398
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
And Zip, the Sabres just played their cleanest game of the season. Hecht played under 6 minutes, while Porter played over 15, and you just brush it off as happenstance.
Correlation does not imply causation.

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:45 PM
  #67
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Well that's cool. And here I thought they won because it was my wife's B-day


Did he have a good time? Popcorn and pop usually equals a happy kid
He had a great time, we watched warm ups by the glass... and ehrhoff skated by, gave him a wave/tap on the glass... and he thought it was the funniest thing ever.

got some good pics...

it was his 5th game (we have seasons), and he's getting more into it each time

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:46 PM
  #68
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
I've liked Porter. He forechecks like a pissed off little Irishman. Nothing spectacular.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:46 PM
  #69
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I was actually curious...were you happy they won because you saw it (with your son), or disappointed they won for the draft position?
this was a game worth winning

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:49 PM
  #70
Squantosawuss
Registered User
 
Squantosawuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B-lo
Country: Angola
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
the Sabres blank the 7th best powerplay in the league 6 times.
This of course doesn't mean Tampa was deprived of 6 PP goals, but rather ONE, since their 7th ranking percentage dictates that they do score one every 5 powerplays.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:53 PM
  #71
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 12,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreBlood View Post
And Zip, the Sabres just played their cleanest game of the season. Hecht played under 6 minutes, while Porter played over 15, and you just brush it off as happenstance.

Get out of the past. Hecht is done. At least he goes out while sitting on top of the 4 on 5 advanced stats sheet.

And we lost the Toronto game where Porter played over 14 minutes and Hecht played 8...

Im in awe that you think our play comes down to Jochen freakin Hecht and Kevin mother-****ing Porter.....

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:54 PM
  #72
Wisent42
Registered User
 
Wisent42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Södertälje
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
G: Winning
B: Missed it, was busy sleeping.
U: Marchand. Yeah, I know we didn't play Boston, but he'was somewhere being ugly.

So, those of you who saw the game: Now that Rolston has had a couple of days to get to know his team and practice, does it show? Some of you say the D looked good. Is there any tendencies that the game plan is different or was this just a "you're bound to win a game once in a while"-win? Are we playing Rolston's game yet or still Lindy's?


Last edited by Wisent42: 02-27-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:09 AM
  #73
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
G: Winning
B: Missed it, was busy sleeping.
U: Marchand. Yeah, I know we didn't play Boston, but he'was somewhere being ugly.

So, those of you who saw the game: Now that Rolston has had a couple of days to get to know his team and practice, does it show? Some of you say the D looked good. Is there any tendencies that the game plan is different or was this just a "you're bound to win a game once in a while"-win? Are we playing Rolston's game yet or still Lindy's?
Maybe we tightened up a bit but I wouldnt be surprised if it's back to the same old next game, for the most part still Lindy's game.

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:54 AM
  #74
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
G: Winning
B: Missed it, was busy sleeping.
U: Marchand. Yeah, I know we didn't play Boston, but he'was somewhere being ugly.

So, those of you who saw the game: Now that Rolston has had a couple of days to get to know his team and practice, does it show? Some of you say the D looked good. Is there any tendencies that the game plan is different or was this just a "you're bound to win a game once in a while"-win? Are we playing Rolston's game yet or still Lindy's?
I see a bit of Rochester in the back check. The D stays inside the dots, forces the puck carrier wide and the backcheck gets him. However 1 of 3 does not a turnaround make. Fingers crossed he keeps them backchecking with a purpose. Would solve a third of our problems if the team backchecked with as much effort as they apologize for not backchecking.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM
  #75
Endless Ike
Registered User
 
Endless Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
They clearly won because I've been stuck at work. This is the first game I haven't watched in quite some time.

I'll have to make sure to keep watching if we want a high draft pick. It's a thankless job...

Good to see Vanek with a multi-point game. I know it doesnt mean much next to team success, but its nice to see him at or near the scoring lead.

Endless Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.