HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I don't see Lombardi having any issues whatsoever, internally, with wanting to open the coffers for Voynov.
Yes. His comments in the conference call today confirm that.

(He compared Doughty/Voynov to Pronger/Niedermayer, and praised the hell out of Voynov for staying in Manch.)

Old
02-26-2013, 09:52 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

I guess being only 32 meant Ryder was just too young for the Dallas Stars

Old
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
MTL ***** DAL on that trade. Ryder and a pick. for Cole, his large cap hit and diminishing play....wtf was that?

people complain about Scuds skating, mobility and agility. they will lose their **** with Bouw....dude is a massive tree trunk on skates. no legs, just skates at the bottom of a tree trunk. picture that, let it sink in.....oh yeah, there it is.
Bouwmeester is an incredible skater. He is smooth and fluid, one of the best in the game. This is totally inaccurate.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Oh well just to repost,

Offer Penner + 3rd for Eriksson before Niewendyk gets fired!

Old
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Bouwmeester is an incredible skater. He is smooth and fluid, one of the best in the game. This is totally inaccurate.
Yep. When I read that, I was totally confused. Bouwmeester is a lot of things, but a terrible skater is not one of them.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:54 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Oh well just to repost,

Offer Penner + 3rd for Eriksson before Niewendyk gets fired!
Do it!!

Old
02-26-2013, 10:55 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Yep. When I read that, I was totally confused. Bouwmeester is a lot of things, but a terrible skater is not one of them.
But he does look funny, the kind of guy you expect to see working in NASA.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:

OMGZ he has glasses on and a POLO! >>> NASA.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:00 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
OMGZ he has glasses on and a POLO! >>> NASA.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Reclamation Project
The Expendable

vCash: 592
Those knuckles!

Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Holy crap you were right! I was wrong. JBo TOTALLY looks like a NASA guy. Totally my bad

http://www.google.com/search?q=nasa+...iw=944&bih=929

Old
02-26-2013, 11:09 PM
funky

just a thought. Does anyone have any insight on how the game has rebounded financially after the lockout.

They were smart at setting the cap at 64.3m for next year (2014) as there will be a hit from this years half season loss.

Just wondering if there is any projections for the (2015) cap? Will it remain the same, go lower, is there any possible way it increases?

We have a lot of room this year, but next year gets tight. I am thinking we can get by next year with a couple of call ups and a moderate signing.

My question is will this handcuff D.L in taking on any type of contract that has multiple years on it? I am actually content on our team as it stands as long as we play to potential and stay in the race, no need for a panic move. However saying that I would be more comfortable adding depth to defense and still believe we need to add a top 6 winger that can be part of a long term solution. Grabner workes for me on many different levels - salary, years, speed, hands, youth, etc.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

Bobby Scribe‏@kingsofhockey

@lakingsinsider To Trade or Not to Trade...Dean Lombardi's 2013 Dilemma (and who I think he will target!) http://wp.me/pEXFL-4aW @wyshynski
interesting article and ron hainsey make sence

Old
02-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Hainsey would make sense if they weren't getting Martinez back. He's not really a defensive dman though and I don't know where he'd fit once Martinez and Mitchell take the ice. They need someone who can play the right side.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:18 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

From what I recall, the 2014-2015 cap is already settled on being $60 million, though that could go up if revenues are there.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:19 PM
scramble91

Quote:
From what I recall, the 2014-2015 cap is already settled on being $60 million, though that could go up if revenues are there.
I thought it was around 64 mill next season

*edit- my bad the 64 was for 13-14 season

Old
02-26-2013, 11:19 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Honestly, if he's a UFA after the season, Regehr makes a lot of sense. He may not be a top 4 anymore, but if Greene is coming back by late March, and he's supposedly ahead of schedule, then Regehr as a 3rd pairing guy is fine. And I doubt he costs much.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I thought it was around 64 mill next season
Next season is 2013-2014. I was commenting on the season after that.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Mattias

Quote:

He looks 36 there!

Old
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Hainsey would make sense if they weren't getting Martinez back. He's not really a defensive dman though and I don't know where he'd fit once Martinez and Mitchell take the ice. They need someone who can play the right side.
I dont see mitchell coming back. I belive dl has stated hes operating as if mitchell and greene arent coming back .

Old
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Why would we get yet another third pairing dman though? I mean we are overloaded with 4/6 dmen right now and with DDVVRS and AM as our top 4 we are more than set for our bottom 2.

If WM becomes truly LTIR (rest of season and maybe more) then we would need to target his replacement which would have to be a solid 2/3 guy. Hainsey isn't close to that and really neither is Regher.

Jaybo isn't close to what we would need either. To me, there really are only a handful of guys I would consider as viable replacements for WM and I believe he will be back before making this kind of deal would be of any benefit to us.

While I wouldn't rule out a deal, I just don't see the need for us to make one all things considered.

Adding a top 2/3 guy who can eat 20plus minutes a game and be a stalwart on D for us would cost a ton and then we face the issue of what to do when WM gets back. I would rather we wait until the deadline and see what's what (if we actually need a dman etc) or until the offseason when we will have found out the status of WM for certain before we do anything.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:35 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Holy crap you were right! I was wrong. JBo TOTALLY looks like a NASA guy. Totally my bad

http://www.google.com/search?q=nasa+...iw=944&bih=929

Yup. Its okay I know you take things personally so i accept your apology.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I dont see mitchell coming back. I belive dl has stated hes operating as if mitchell and greene arent coming back .
Considering DL today said that Greene is ahead of schedule, he likely is operating differently regarding him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Why would we get yet another third pairing dman though? I mean we are overloaded with 4/6 dmen right now and with DDVVRS and AM as our top 4 we are more than set for our bottom 2.
Because there really isn't likely many options mid-season if we choose to upgrade our defense, not to mention we'd likely want to add a veteran d-man for depth in case of inury. That would change a lot of Greene is back before the deadline though.

I honestly expect DL will take a shot at getting a guy like Iginla. We need goalscoring off the wings and preferrably on an expiring contract. The Flames need a goalie of the future (Bernier). If they fall out of the playoff picture, it just makes a ton of sense. Not saying I support dealing Bernier for a rental, but I could totally see it.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Nose of Sutter

I hear Randy Jones is available

Old
02-27-2013, 12:03 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Considering DL today said that Greene is ahead of schedule, he likely is operating differently regarding him now.

Because there really isn't likely many options mid-season if we choose to upgrade our defense, not to mention we'd likely want to add a veteran d-man for depth in case of inury. That would change a lot of Greene is back before the deadline though.

I honestly expect DL will take a shot at getting a guy like Iginla. We need goalscoring off the wings and preferrably on an expiring contract. The Flames need a goalie of the future (Bernier). If they fall out of the playoff picture, it just makes a ton of sense. Not saying I support dealing Bernier for a rental, but I could totally see it.
As far dealing for a froward goes (iggy etc) that is possible and I really don't put a ton of thought into it. Should we could we? Maybe and sure. Will we? Its possible.

If we were to go after a vet presence on our D or for a depth D to me it wouldn't make any sense unless we upgraded what we have.

We have an exceptional top 4 in RS DD VV and AM and could see Greener back before the deadline too. Our bottom 6ers DD JM KE are all capable of playing their spots with competence until MG gets back and then once he does we have what we need imo.

That said teams like Fla have a few great options to add a rental 2nd pairing Dman (Cambell Jovo etc) and if they are their at the deadline then we could pick one up.

I don't see us swinging for the fences on a Dman at all and really unless we are writing off WM don't think that we should.

Closed Thread