HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Perry- An actual hockey trade

Old
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
Would something like this work for a signed Perry?

OTT
- Perry

ANA
- Michalek
- Zibanejad
- 2013 3rd round pick
Why would we trade him if he is signed? Why would Ottowa trade that for someone who wants to sign with them (assuming Perry agrees to a sign and trade).

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Getz2perry

Id rather just get picks and prospects

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Id rather just get picks and prospects
This.

And that gentlemen from Edmonton
Offering Eberle +
Was the best deal I heard.

We should go with perry the rest of the year even if he decides not to resign... The organization owes it to Teemu to ice the best team possible for the playoffs.

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:06 PM
malton

Gionta
Diaz
Collberg
1st

For

Perry
Lydman

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

pens fans, stop trying to offer us 34 year old kunitz for perry please, anaheim does not need to get older up front

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Lukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Why would we trade him if he is signed? Why would Ottowa trade that for someone who wants to sign with them (assuming Perry agrees to a sign and trade).
I thought it was a given that when someone talks about signing a pending UFA, it is understood that it means an agreement in principle is reached between the two teams involved conditional on the player agreeing to a new contract with his potential new team.

Why would a pending UFA do that instead of testing the market in the summer? Well for one, if the interested team was one on his list, he gets his wish and allows his former team to get something in return.

Why would Ottawa spend assets on a trade when they could sign him in the summer? Well why risk it in a bidding war when you can guarantee his acquisition at the expense of some assets, some of which you would problably need to liquidate anyway to give yourself some cap space breathing room.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Ginu

Was Perry a Montreal fan growing up? They just opened up a lot of salary next season.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:28 PM
SabresBills2012

Pominville, Stafford and 2nd (2013) for Perry or Ryan we're not picky.

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Paralyzer008

Corey Perry

for

Nathan Horton
Alexander Khoklachev

I already give up.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
I thought it was a given that when someone talks about signing a pending UFA, it is understood that it means an agreement in principle is reached between the two teams involved conditional on the player agreeing to a new contract with his potential new team.

Why would a pending UFA do that instead of testing the market in the summer? Well for one, if the interested team was one on his list, he gets his wish and allows his former team to get something in return.

Why would Ottawa spend assets on a trade when they could sign him in the summer? Well why risk it in a bidding war when you can guarantee his acquisition at the expense of some assets, some of which you would problably need to liquidate anyway to give yourself some cap space breathing room.
That may be true when NTC are involved., They are not here.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
pens fans, stop trying to offer us 34 year old kunitz for perry please, anaheim does not need to get older up front
I missed where any Pens fan in this thread tried to offer Kunitz. The OP is not a Pens fan and basically every single Pens fan in here said it wouldn't happen for a variety of reasons, so...yeah.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Was Perry a Montreal fan growing up? They just opened up a lot of salary next season.
The thought of this scares me, you guys are owning enough as it is.

Great trade for you guys today.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
He's from Peterborough so I'm assuming he's a Leafs fan. I have no way to confirm this though.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Yeah he was. Though, when you're a kid you don't consider that half your salary goes to the government. So don't put too much stock in that.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:55 PM
unifiedtheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Corey Perry

for

Nathan Horton
Alexander Khoklachev

I already give up.
IT would take more and yah, trading for Perry will cost a BOATload.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:59 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Frattin + 1st.

Assuming Perry helps us get to the playoffs and has an actual interest in playing in Canada.
I wouldn't trade Frattin straight up for any pending UFA, let alone throwing in a first round pick along with him. If it were pre arranged that he signs a new deal after the trade, then maybe you start to think about it because Perry is pretty good. I'd offer up Gardiner, you know the ducks would like him back since Schultz snubbed them. If some extra pieces are required I'd be shooting a guy like MacArthur their way rather than Frattin. If it came down to picks, I might go with a first instead of MacArthur but they'd have to throw in some lesser picks to keep our prospect assembly line in action.

If he won't agree to a contract prior to the trade, then I have no interest in trading for him from a Leafs perspective. The team has worked too hard to build the organizational depth and it's not worth throwing that away for half of a half seasons (plus playoffs ) use of Cory Perry.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Yeah he was. Though, when you're a kid you don't consider that half your salary goes to the government. So don't put too much stock in that.
Aren't players taxed heavily when coming back to Canada(when they play in the U.S)?

Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Aren't players taxed heavily when coming back to Canada(when they play in the U.S)?
I don't know the tax rules. I do know Quebec taxes the heck out of you. That's what I was referring too.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I don't know the tax rules. I do know Quebec taxes the heck out of you. That's what I was referring too.
Ah okay. I just remember this segment they did on the Blue Jays where the perception many American athletes assume Canada's taxes are much higher than many U.S states when in reality, it's usually peanuts more then they'd normally pay in most states. I'm talking about Ontario, obviously.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Ginu

Wow. If Perry was a Habs fan and Montreal has 6 picks in the top 90 + the cap room, Bergevin may be able to pull it off. What would it take now? What's his value in an "offer sheet" (for value's sake only)?

EDIT: four first round picks. What could Montreal give that would value four first rounders? Assuming that it's conditional on him signing an extension.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
What a great fit that would be.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Wow. If Perry was a Habs fan and Montreal has 6 picks in the top 90 + the cap room, Bergevin may be able to pull it off. What would it take now? What's his value in an "offer sheet" (for value's sake only)?

EDIT: four first round picks. What could Montreal give that would value four first rounders? Assuming that it's conditional on him signing an extension.
You cannot give him an offer sheet. He's ufa and the Ducks are going to want assets.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
jmoss45

He's not only a rental though.. the team that acquires him also gets exclusive negotiating rights before he becomes a UFA. That's worth something.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:39 PM
GoLeafsGo96

I can see a team overpaying for Perry at the deadline. Not overpaying in the sense of Perry's worth as a player, but just as a potential UFA.

I don't think a deal could be worked out with the Leafs, but you'd have to think if he hits FA they'll be seriously interested. Not saying he would sign there (I seriously doubt it) but he does have ties to the Toronto area. But, we all know that doesn't mean anything

GoLeafsGo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I missed where any Pens fan in this thread tried to offer Kunitz. The OP is not a Pens fan and basically every single Pens fan in here said it wouldn't happen for a variety of reasons, so...yeah.
We've had a few swing by our boards.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote