HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Troy Brouwer rips Semin and Boudreau

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Fuelled by Passion

vCash: 500
Who is Brouwer again?

Also I must admit I admire the way Russian or ex-USSR players handle NA media bashing and bad reputation PR. They just don't give a crap the most they will do it go to the coach and explain what exactly happened and will leave it to the coach to decide what to do. I have Russian friend and he always tells me "If I didn't do anything wrong I feel no need to explain myself to anyone. I'm not guilty unless proven otherwise". And they don't take a guy who knows that guy who knows that guy told me as a valid prove resource. Very cool mentality if you ask me

Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Ref9, maybe you should watch the replay of Erskine's goal. You must have missed what happened in all the excitement at the game, but Brouwer got his + and Semin his - on it. Brouwer had no involvement in the play and wasn't even part of the rush. Semin was lined up to block Erskine's shot, which should never have gotten past Ward.
Actually Brouwer tied up the Canes player on the breakout which allowed Carlson to get the puck up to Backstrom and then jump up into the play taking heat off Backstrom so he could find Erskine.

So in actuality, Brouwer had everything to do the with the play as he created the breakout that started it then followed it down the ice taking Carlson's position as a D-man.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:37 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
This is the laughable double standard against Semin in a nutshell.

He may have a game where he's the only one showing up, creating chances left and right and playing better than all but one of his teammates, definitely a much higher caliber of hockey than Troy Brouwer, but because in the end his stats resemble those of a grinder he gets absolutely no credit for having had a much better game on the ice. On the other hand he will be crapped on for bad play before a grinder exactly 100% of the time. Hell, Troy Brouwer is probably getting praised for "rallying the team" now

Interesting how the floaty Semin has more blocked shots than the gritty defensive Brouwer though.
WOW! I post some rather innocuous statistics from the game tonight regarding two players and you just go on a ranting tirade. You have really become obsessive about this Brouwer/Semin thing.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Actually Brouwer tied up the Canes player on the breakout which allowed Carlson to get the puck up to Backstrom and then jump up into the play taking heat off Backstrom so he could find Erskine.

So in actuality, Brouwer had everything to do the with the play as he created the breakout that started it then followed it down the ice taking Carlson's position as a D-man.
Brouwer was tied up by the Hurricanes' player.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:39 AM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
yeah because the caps are doing so well without those two and Semin and Boudreau have no succes at all...

Too many overpaid grinders without skill on the caps, and Brouwer is one of them
I'd hardly call being a bubble team successful. The Canes aren't exactly a good team.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:44 AM
dahlenrules

Semin- 4 goals
Brouwer- 8 goals

Semin cap hit- 7mil
Brouwer cap hit- 2.35 mil

Old
02-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Roboturner913

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
I'd hardly call being a bubble team successful. The Canes aren't exactly a good team.
They were 8-4-1 and second in the East before losing Gleason, Pitkanen and Skinner all in one fell swoop. I'd say that's a pretty good team, all things considered. Mainly because of budgetary reasons, they just don't have the depth to keep winning when there's a rash of injuries to their top players.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:51 AM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
Semin- 4 goals
Brouwer- 8 goals
Semin's center- Elite in every facet of the game, one of the best centers in the league. Canadian so he is indestructible.
Brouwer's center - One dimensional, weak eastern European player.

Right? That's how everyone thinks in the NHL media?

Old
02-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Capathetic

Again...Ottawa has lost much more valuable players and have won five straight. Boo hoo.

Tonight I tuned in to watch the caps cycle the puck and a hockey game tried to breakout here and there.

All the talk about winning it for Semin and how hes going to go off...and you get shutout. Way to answer the bell.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Roboturner913

The one thing I can't understand is the obsessive behavior by Caps players, media, etc. around Semin.

If you really thought he was so terrible, congrats, you ran him off! You don't have to deal with him anymore. You should be happy to be rid of him and you no longer have to concern yourself with anything he does anymore.

Shouldn't you be looking forward to bigger and better things instead of constantly revisiting the unpleasantries of the past? I'm not even close to a Caps fan, but honestly, if I were, it sure doesn't seem like a healthy atmosphere to be around.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Roboturner913

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
All the talk about winning it for Semin and how hes going to go off...and you get shutout. Way to answer the bell.
Where is all this talk about "winning it for Semin?"

You keep saying how this and that was said, but when one goes back and looks one cannot find where all these things were said.

Second time I've asked, but please elaborate?

Old
02-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Swedish playmaker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
I really don't mind if you posters come back at me and say whatever you want to or about me personally. Feel free to attack my self-proclaimed outlandish comments that I sometimes like to make. But your anti-Canadian rants are insulting to a lot of posters on here who may or may not share your point of view on many topics.
Come on, arent you the guy that defended Cherry? Don't cry about anti-Canadian rants when you support hockey's Hitler.

Its not like its a secret that europeans get bashed on because of their nationality, especially Russians. Seems as if Canadians in general are alot more pessimistic towards europeans than Americans.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Actually the hell has officially frozen over.

I was watching the Canes feed, and analyzing one Capitals goal (prepare yourselves) the announcers hailed Semin's good defensive positioning and bashed Staal for not backchecking, what led to a goal

Old
02-27-2013, 05:50 AM
toewsintangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Actually the hell has officially frozen over.

I was watching the Canes feed, and analyzing one Capitals goal (prepare yourselves) the announcers hailed Semin's good defensive positioning and bashed Staal for not backchecking, what led to a goal
Eric Staal rarely backchecks anyway or do you mean Jordan?

Old
02-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Eric Staal rarely backchecks anyway or do you mean Jordan?
Eric, yeah.
I know, but to criticize your Canadian Stanley Cup Winning Captain and praise the lazy soft Russian?

Old
02-27-2013, 06:08 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

lol.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
mrv52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Who is Brouwer again?

Also I must admit I admire the way Russian or ex-USSR players handle NA media bashing and bad reputation PR. They just don't give a crap the most they will do it go to the coach and explain what exactly happened and will leave it to the coach to decide what to do. I have Russian friend and he always tells me "If I didn't do anything wrong I feel no need to explain myself to anyone. I'm not guilty unless proven otherwise". And they don't take a guy who knows that guy who knows that guy told me as a valid prove resource. Very cool mentality if you ask me
I would agree 100%, if it were true.

Semin has a long history of behavior that makes this very hard to get behind. If it were true, and Carolina were aware of it, why did he only get a one year deal? Why did another team not step up and give him a LTD?

Old
02-27-2013, 07:41 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Who is Brouwer again?
brouwer played a heart and soul role for the chicago blackhawks when they won the stanley cup. he skated first line/scoring line minute and skated 3rd line grinder minutes.

he was acquired for his stanley cup experience/leadership. after one season he was voted the team's nhlpa rep. he was then assigned an alternate captain role.

with that with ovechkin and backstrom struggling to learn a new coach and system brouwer has scored 8 goals. 8 goals is tied for 19th in the league and one goal fewer than crosby, eric staal and marian hossa and the same number as ovechkin(tied for team lead).

i am not a big fan of his comments, but i would also suggest the real question might be, "how come you have to ask who troy brouwer is?" is more germaine.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Koized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
They were 8-4-1 and second in the East before losing Gleason, Pitkanen and Skinner all in one fell swoop. I'd say that's a pretty good team, all things considered. Mainly because of budgetary reasons, they just don't have the depth to keep winning when there's a rash of injuries to their top players.
And Washington was missing Green, Laich, Johansson, and Orlov. Stop crying.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post

lol.
That photo says a lot.

Semin hasn't run from any of this. He showed up last night and was the best skater on the ice. Did it show on the stat sheet... no... but he answered the bell. And he didn't do it by running around face-washing in scrums and acting like an idiot, the way 75% of the NHL would have. He just went out there and created scoring chances to give his team a chance to win during their roughest stretch of the season.

And during both intermissions on the Canes feed, he gave an interview. In English.

I have yet to hear a Canes fan express the slightest regret about signing him. He's happy here and we're happy to have him. If people feel the need to continue to boo him and go to the media with trash talk and slag him on Internet message boards, that says a whole lot more about those people than it does about Semin.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
I really don't mind if you posters come back at me and say whatever you want to or about me personally. Feel free to attack my self-proclaimed outlandish comments that I sometimes like to make. But your anti-Canadian rants are insulting to a lot of posters on here who may or may not share your point of view on many topics. I like to think people can disagree without bringing nationality into it. In short, if you want to discredit me, there is a better way to do it. I would appreciate it if you would leave the insults that target the flag in my profile out of it and focus on my hockey comments, as good or as weak as they may be, instead.
This coming from a Cherry fan?

Make sure to drive the stakes nice and deep while you nail yourself to that cross.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
And Washington was missing Green, Laich, Johansson, and Orlov. Stop crying.
This is the defense we iced last night.

Faulk (20 yo) 23:56 - Corvo (lol) 20:56
Sanguinetti (AHL) 19:53 - Harrison (3rd pair guy) 25:47
Gragnani (AHL) 7:53 - Murphy (OHL) 18:42

There are teams in the league that would healthy scratch every single one of those guys but Faulk.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
GoCanes2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv52 View Post
I would agree 100%, if it were true.

Semin has a long history of behavior that makes this very hard to get behind. If it were true, and Carolina were aware of it, why did he only get a one year deal? Why did another team not step up and give him a LTD?
Do you have examples/evidence of this "long history of behavior" you cite? Or just some random Facebook opinions, or Tweets? Were you in the locker room with him during this long history? Do we have specific statements where a current player referenced specific actions by Semin that constitute a "long history of behavior"? Curious minds want to know.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
This is the defense we iced last night.

Faulk (20 yo) 23:56 - Corvo (lol) 20:56
Sanguinetti (AHL) 19:53 - Harrison (3rd pair guy) 25:47
Gragnani (AHL) 7:53 - Murphy (OHL) 18:42

There are teams in the league that would healthy scratch every single one of those guys but Faulk.
Everyone knows Uh Oh Corvo will put the shutdown on Ovi.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:56 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxenstierna View Post
Come on, arent you the guy that defended Cherry? Don't cry about anti-Canadian rants when you support hockey's Hitler.

Its not like its a secret that europeans get bashed on because of their nationality, especially Russians. Seems as if Canadians in general are alot more pessimistic towards europeans than Americans.
Godwin's Law at work.

The evil giant known as the Canadian media does not care about Brouwer or Semin, to be honest. They are too concerned with what the Leafs had for lunch yesterday.

Perhaps I should start commenting on the Russian media and its unfair portrayal of Canadian players in the KHL. I would not have a clue what I am talking about, but then at least I would be in good company with some of the posters on here.

Closed Thread