HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Troy Brouwer rips Semin and Boudreau

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
  #326
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Who is Brouwer again?

Also I must admit I admire the way Russian or ex-USSR players handle NA media bashing and bad reputation PR. They just don't give a crap the most they will do it go to the coach and explain what exactly happened and will leave it to the coach to decide what to do. I have Russian friend and he always tells me "If I didn't do anything wrong I feel no need to explain myself to anyone. I'm not guilty unless proven otherwise". And they don't take a guy who knows that guy who knows that guy told me as a valid prove resource. Very cool mentality if you ask me

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
  #327
jsykes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NoVa
Posts: 831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Ref9, maybe you should watch the replay of Erskine's goal. You must have missed what happened in all the excitement at the game, but Brouwer got his + and Semin his - on it. Brouwer had no involvement in the play and wasn't even part of the rush. Semin was lined up to block Erskine's shot, which should never have gotten past Ward.
Actually Brouwer tied up the Canes player on the breakout which allowed Carlson to get the puck up to Backstrom and then jump up into the play taking heat off Backstrom so he could find Erskine.

So in actuality, Brouwer had everything to do the with the play as he created the breakout that started it then followed it down the ice taking Carlson's position as a D-man.

jsykes is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:37 AM
  #328
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
This is the laughable double standard against Semin in a nutshell.

He may have a game where he's the only one showing up, creating chances left and right and playing better than all but one of his teammates, definitely a much higher caliber of hockey than Troy Brouwer, but because in the end his stats resemble those of a grinder he gets absolutely no credit for having had a much better game on the ice. On the other hand he will be crapped on for bad play before a grinder exactly 100% of the time. Hell, Troy Brouwer is probably getting praised for "rallying the team" now

Interesting how the floaty Semin has more blocked shots than the gritty defensive Brouwer though.
WOW! I post some rather innocuous statistics from the game tonight regarding two players and you just go on a ranting tirade. You have really become obsessive about this Brouwer/Semin thing.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
  #329
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Actually Brouwer tied up the Canes player on the breakout which allowed Carlson to get the puck up to Backstrom and then jump up into the play taking heat off Backstrom so he could find Erskine.

So in actuality, Brouwer had everything to do the with the play as he created the breakout that started it then followed it down the ice taking Carlson's position as a D-man.
Brouwer was tied up by the Hurricanes' player.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:39 AM
  #330
danmcn12
#freeRedmond
 
danmcn12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
yeah because the caps are doing so well without those two and Semin and Boudreau have no succes at all...

Too many overpaid grinders without skill on the caps, and Brouwer is one of them
I'd hardly call being a bubble team successful. The Canes aren't exactly a good team.

danmcn12 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:44 AM
  #331
dahlenrules
Registered User
 
dahlenrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,095
vCash: 500
Semin- 4 goals
Brouwer- 8 goals

Semin cap hit- 7mil
Brouwer cap hit- 2.35 mil

dahlenrules is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:50 AM
  #332
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
I'd hardly call being a bubble team successful. The Canes aren't exactly a good team.
They were 8-4-1 and second in the East before losing Gleason, Pitkanen and Skinner all in one fell swoop. I'd say that's a pretty good team, all things considered. Mainly because of budgetary reasons, they just don't have the depth to keep winning when there's a rash of injuries to their top players.

Roboturner913 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:51 AM
  #333
danmcn12
#freeRedmond
 
danmcn12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
Semin- 4 goals
Brouwer- 8 goals
Semin's center- Elite in every facet of the game, one of the best centers in the league. Canadian so he is indestructible.
Brouwer's center - One dimensional, weak eastern European player.

Right? That's how everyone thinks in the NHL media?

danmcn12 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:56 AM
  #334
Capathetic
Registered User
 
Capathetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 500
Again...Ottawa has lost much more valuable players and have won five straight. Boo hoo.


Tonight I tuned in to watch the caps cycle the puck and a hockey game tried to breakout here and there.

All the talk about winning it for Semin and how hes going to go off...and you get shutout. Way to answer the bell.

Capathetic is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
  #335
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
The one thing I can't understand is the obsessive behavior by Caps players, media, etc. around Semin.

If you really thought he was so terrible, congrats, you ran him off! You don't have to deal with him anymore. You should be happy to be rid of him and you no longer have to concern yourself with anything he does anymore.

Shouldn't you be looking forward to bigger and better things instead of constantly revisiting the unpleasantries of the past? I'm not even close to a Caps fan, but honestly, if I were, it sure doesn't seem like a healthy atmosphere to be around.

Roboturner913 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:01 AM
  #336
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
All the talk about winning it for Semin and how hes going to go off...and you get shutout. Way to answer the bell.
Where is all this talk about "winning it for Semin?"

You keep saying how this and that was said, but when one goes back and looks one cannot find where all these things were said.

Second time I've asked, but please elaborate?

Roboturner913 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:09 AM
  #337
Swedish playmaker*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
I really don't mind if you posters come back at me and say whatever you want to or about me personally. Feel free to attack my self-proclaimed outlandish comments that I sometimes like to make. But your anti-Canadian rants are insulting to a lot of posters on here who may or may not share your point of view on many topics.
Come on, arent you the guy that defended Cherry? Don't cry about anti-Canadian rants when you support hockey's Hitler.

Its not like its a secret that europeans get bashed on because of their nationality, especially Russians. Seems as if Canadians in general are alot more pessimistic towards europeans than Americans.

Swedish playmaker* is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:31 AM
  #338
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Actually the hell has officially frozen over.

I was watching the Canes feed, and analyzing one Capitals goal (prepare yourselves) the announcers hailed Semin's good defensive positioning and bashed Staal for not backchecking, what led to a goal

Acallabeth is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:50 AM
  #339
toewsintangibles
Registered User
 
toewsintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Actually the hell has officially frozen over.

I was watching the Canes feed, and analyzing one Capitals goal (prepare yourselves) the announcers hailed Semin's good defensive positioning and bashed Staal for not backchecking, what led to a goal
Eric Staal rarely backchecks anyway or do you mean Jordan?

toewsintangibles is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:53 AM
  #340
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
Eric Staal rarely backchecks anyway or do you mean Jordan?
Eric, yeah.
I know, but to criticize your Canadian Stanley Cup Winning Captain and praise the lazy soft Russian?

Acallabeth is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:08 AM
  #341
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,299
vCash: 500


lol.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
  #342
mrv52
Registered User
 
mrv52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Who is Brouwer again?

Also I must admit I admire the way Russian or ex-USSR players handle NA media bashing and bad reputation PR. They just don't give a crap the most they will do it go to the coach and explain what exactly happened and will leave it to the coach to decide what to do. I have Russian friend and he always tells me "If I didn't do anything wrong I feel no need to explain myself to anyone. I'm not guilty unless proven otherwise". And they don't take a guy who knows that guy who knows that guy told me as a valid prove resource. Very cool mentality if you ask me
I would agree 100%, if it were true.

Semin has a long history of behavior that makes this very hard to get behind. If it were true, and Carolina were aware of it, why did he only get a one year deal? Why did another team not step up and give him a LTD?

mrv52 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 07:41 AM
  #343
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Who is Brouwer again?
brouwer played a heart and soul role for the chicago blackhawks when they won the stanley cup. he skated first line/scoring line minute and skated 3rd line grinder minutes.

he was acquired for his stanley cup experience/leadership. after one season he was voted the team's nhlpa rep. he was then assigned an alternate captain role.

with that with ovechkin and backstrom struggling to learn a new coach and system brouwer has scored 8 goals. 8 goals is tied for 19th in the league and one goal fewer than crosby, eric staal and marian hossa and the same number as ovechkin(tied for team lead).

i am not a big fan of his comments, but i would also suggest the real question might be, "how come you have to ask who troy brouwer is?" is more germaine.

txpd is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
  #344
Koized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
They were 8-4-1 and second in the East before losing Gleason, Pitkanen and Skinner all in one fell swoop. I'd say that's a pretty good team, all things considered. Mainly because of budgetary reasons, they just don't have the depth to keep winning when there's a rash of injuries to their top players.
And Washington was missing Green, Laich, Johansson, and Orlov. Stop crying.

Koized is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
  #345
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 33,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post


lol.
That photo says a lot.

Semin hasn't run from any of this. He showed up last night and was the best skater on the ice. Did it show on the stat sheet... no... but he answered the bell. And he didn't do it by running around face-washing in scrums and acting like an idiot, the way 75% of the NHL would have. He just went out there and created scoring chances to give his team a chance to win during their roughest stretch of the season.

And during both intermissions on the Canes feed, he gave an interview. In English.

I have yet to hear a Canes fan express the slightest regret about signing him. He's happy here and we're happy to have him. If people feel the need to continue to boo him and go to the media with trash talk and slag him on Internet message boards, that says a whole lot more about those people than it does about Semin.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
  #346
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 36,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
I really don't mind if you posters come back at me and say whatever you want to or about me personally. Feel free to attack my self-proclaimed outlandish comments that I sometimes like to make. But your anti-Canadian rants are insulting to a lot of posters on here who may or may not share your point of view on many topics. I like to think people can disagree without bringing nationality into it. In short, if you want to discredit me, there is a better way to do it. I would appreciate it if you would leave the insults that target the flag in my profile out of it and focus on my hockey comments, as good or as weak as they may be, instead.
This coming from a Cherry fan?

Make sure to drive the stakes nice and deep while you nail yourself to that cross.

Epsilon is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:30 AM
  #347
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 33,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
And Washington was missing Green, Laich, Johansson, and Orlov. Stop crying.
This is the defense we iced last night.

Faulk (20 yo) 23:56 - Corvo (lol) 20:56
Sanguinetti (AHL) 19:53 - Harrison (3rd pair guy) 25:47
Gragnani (AHL) 7:53 - Murphy (OHL) 18:42

There are teams in the league that would healthy scratch every single one of those guys but Faulk.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
  #348
GoCanes2013
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv52 View Post
I would agree 100%, if it were true.

Semin has a long history of behavior that makes this very hard to get behind. If it were true, and Carolina were aware of it, why did he only get a one year deal? Why did another team not step up and give him a LTD?
Do you have examples/evidence of this "long history of behavior" you cite? Or just some random Facebook opinions, or Tweets? Were you in the locker room with him during this long history? Do we have specific statements where a current player referenced specific actions by Semin that constitute a "long history of behavior"? Curious minds want to know.

GoCanes2013 is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:41 AM
  #349
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016
 
Lethargic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 8,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
This is the defense we iced last night.

Faulk (20 yo) 23:56 - Corvo (lol) 20:56
Sanguinetti (AHL) 19:53 - Harrison (3rd pair guy) 25:47
Gragnani (AHL) 7:53 - Murphy (OHL) 18:42

There are teams in the league that would healthy scratch every single one of those guys but Faulk.
Everyone knows Uh Oh Corvo will put the shutdown on Ovi.

Lethargic is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:56 AM
  #350
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxenstierna View Post
Come on, arent you the guy that defended Cherry? Don't cry about anti-Canadian rants when you support hockey's Hitler.

Its not like its a secret that europeans get bashed on because of their nationality, especially Russians. Seems as if Canadians in general are alot more pessimistic towards europeans than Americans.
Godwin's Law at work.

The evil giant known as the Canadian media does not care about Brouwer or Semin, to be honest. They are too concerned with what the Leafs had for lunch yesterday.

Perhaps I should start commenting on the Russian media and its unfair portrayal of Canadian players in the KHL. I would not have a clue what I am talking about, but then at least I would be in good company with some of the posters on here.

fly4apuckguy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.