Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Things that don't make sense in wrestling

Old
02-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Megahab

vCash: 500
Things that don't make sense in wrestling

I thought it would be fun to make a list of things that don't make sense in wrestling, as if it were all real.

-Anytime a wrestler wants to talk to another wrestler, there is always a cameraman present.

-When Shawn Michaels is "tuning up the band", the opponent never realizes that the Sweet Chin Music superkick is coming up and will always stand up and walk towards Michaels. I would roll out of the ring if I ever heard Michaels stomping on the mat.

-Sometimes, when the heel cheats to win a match, another referee will run down and tell the official ref of the match about the cheating. The official ref then reverses the decision. Why doesn't this happen every time a heel cheats to win the match?

-Two wrestlers backstage are talking about some sort of secret even though there is someone filming the whole conversation right infront of them. Example: in 2003, when Jericho and Christian were being really nice to Trish and Lita over a few weeks...but later, there was a backstage segment with Jericho and Christian having a conversation mentioning they were just being nice because they had a bet to see who can hook up with Trish or Lita first. Trish overheard this as she was standing right outside the room Jericho and Christian were in. But even if she wasn't there, the whole conversation and recorded and broadcast on TV.

-The first time Kane took his mask off, he had burns all over his face. The burns disappeared the next week.

-Edge and Christian used to be brothers. Now they are just childhood best friends.

-Hulk Hogan tried to kill The Rock by ramming his car with a truck. About a month later, they became good friends.

-Every wrestler must climb ladders at the pace of an 80-year old woman.

-Kane went to his highschool prom, even though he was a masked monster (Katie Vick storyline).

-If a wrestler bumps into a referee, the referee will get knocked out.

-If a wrestler in a tag team or stable, sometimes the referee bans the wrestler's teammates from ringside to prevent any interference. This only happens sometimes, not in every match for some reason.

-Kofi Kingston lost his Jamaican accent. Jinder Mahal has developed a Punjabi accent.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

When Rey Mysterio sets someone up for the 619, they just lay there with their head on the rope.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:59 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Lol the burns on Kane's face when he unmasked. WWE didnt realize that he'd be sweating during the match, thus, it'd get all smudged. Unreal.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Lol the burns on Kane's face when he unmasked. WWE didnt realize that he'd be sweating during the match, thus, it'd get all smudged. Unreal.
Is that the real reason they he didn't have the burns after the first time he unmasked? I remember when he unmasked, JR and Lawler were both disgusted, and JR said "is he human?". Then the next week, they completely ignored that and the storyline became that Kane's burns were all in his head. I think they eventually even ignored that too.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
I don't know if its the real reason, but I remember a former creative writer saying no one thought it'd look like that and that no one even thought that the sweat could ruin the look or something along those lines. It was a mess.

It looked like Homer Simpsons makeup spray gun invention came to life and someone backstage shot it on Kane's face.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:15 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
-Kofi Kingston lost his Jamaican accent. Jinder Mahal has developed a Punjabi accent.
Haha this one is my favourite.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

When a wrestler in the ring is facing the titantron and then another one appears behind them... do they not realize that the titantron is showing what's being caught on camera (what we see at home)..?? All the person about to get attacked has to do is look at the damn screen and they'll see that someone is behind them...

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:30 PM
elias026

John Cena is basically knocked out one second then hes 100% the next second

elias026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

I also don't understand how the AA can be considered a finishing move...

Old
02-26-2013, 11:35 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

From 1997-2001, Juvi was 21 years old.

Guess that is why Tenay always called him "The Youth Warrior" :/

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAlex916 View Post
When Rey Mysterio sets someone up for the 619, they just lay there with their head on the rope.
A 5'5" 150 or so pound gymnast can physically compete with 6'5" 300 pound'ish wrestlers. I can never suspend disbelief watching Mysterio, I know it is not real but he is just too smal even for pretend purposes.

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
A 5'5" 150 or so pound gymnast can physically compete with 6'5" 300 pound'ish wrestlers. I can never suspend disbelief watching Mysterio, I know it is not real but he is just too smal even for pretend purposes.
There are times where small guys can get the best of much bigger guys. It's not really that hard to believe.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There are times where small guys can get the best of much bigger guys. It's not really that hard to believe.
True, but to do it every week and be the World Heavyweight Champion is.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
There's just way too many to worry about, if I let myself get too caught up with worrying about these things then I'd just pick apart every episode every week for how stupid it all is.

Some of course I can't manage to just tune out, the one that has annoyed me the most in recent times is Albert's "tattoos". Never seen tattoos that smear when someone sweats too much before.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:14 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Big E Langston's finisher does nothing.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

How John Cena can kick out of 100000000000000 finishing moves... hit one AA, and win.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Ric Flair always gets caught climbing to the top rope, yet does it every match. And this guy is the GOAT? You don't see Bret doing that ****....well, except for his inability to turn his back when he gets irish whipped into the buckle.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:41 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
If Cena gives you shoulder blocks, you have to throw a wild haymaker at him that missed every single time.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
If Cena gives you shoulder blocks, you have to throw a wild haymaker at him that missed every single time.
I always yell out loud during that sequence that he'll see the clothesline coming lol

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
True, but to do it every week and be the World Heavyweight Champion is.
I think Mysterio's in-ring style makes it believable. You could say his speed and high flying catches opponents off guard and they can't keep up. It's not like he goes in there and brawls with guys that are so much bigger than him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
There's just way too many to worry about, if I let myself get too caught up with worrying about these things then I'd just pick apart every episode every week for how stupid it all is.

Some of course I can't manage to just tune out, the one that has annoyed me the most in recent times is Albert's "tattoos". Never seen tattoos that smear when someone sweats too much before.
I'm not saying any of this is stupid because a lot of the things on my list have a reason to them. I mean, of course when two wrestlers are talking backstage, there's going to be a camera there. How else will the audience see it? I just thought it would be fun to note what wouldn't make sense if wrestling was real.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
You may not be saying it's stupid, I am however.

Edge and Christian changing from vampire brothers to college friends = stupid

Tensai tattoos that rub off = stupid

Kofi losing his Jamaican accent = stupid

The whole sometimes another ref comes out, sometimes refs come out to reverse decisions blah blah blah = stupid

As I said, there's just too much stuff like this for me to worry about because if I did worry about it I'd probably sit there wondering why I'm watching it when they insult the fans so often.

Last edited by Morozov: 02-27-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
You may not be saying it's stupid, I am however.

Edge and Christian changing from vampire brothers to college friends = stupid

Tensai tattoos that rub off = stupid

Kofi losing his Jamaican accent = stupid

The whole sometimes another ref comes out, sometimes refs come out to reverse decisions blah blah blah = stupid

As I said, there's just too much stuff like this for me to worry about because if I did worry about it I'd probably sit there wondering why I'm watching it when they insult the fans so often.
Lol relax, nobody is worrying about this stuff. It's just fun to list it all.

Edge and Christian changed their gimmicks. Should they have been vampires for their whole careers so that the audience wouldn't be insulted?

Kingston started with a Jamaican accent and WWE realized it's not a good idea, so they got rid of it. I don't think fans were insulted by that.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:42 AM
Marf

My fave, when heels sneak attack someone and get called cowardly but the roof blows off the place when faces do the exact same thing. Most recently, Orton sneak attacked Rollins on Raw.

Also, how a heel will be truly evil for beating someone up more after the match is done but it is totally cool for Ryback to attempt killing a defenseless Brad Maddox.

The hypocrisies make me laugh at times.

Marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:46 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

when someone can't escape and is "trapped" in the ring. Such as when some monster (ie: Kane) is going after a little girl (ie: AJ). All they do is just curl up in the corner, instead of just you know....leaving the ring through the ropes

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote