Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
hokijanari

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Odd thing about Granlund is how his hands have seemed to disappear. Everything else makes sense, but he's been fumbling the puck a ton. Must be nerves or something.
It's called self confidence and MY does everything he can to destroy it...

And MG's self confidence wasn't high to begin with, because his last year was very very difficult.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:21 PM
MMANumminen

The doubters have crucified him. Then he will raise from the dead.

Finnish text tv tells he will play in the 1st PP unit next game.

Yeo is just playing by the script

Old
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
It's called self confidence and MY does everything he can to destroy it...

And MG's self confidence wasn't high to begin with, because his last year was very very difficult.
I admit that before Jalonen threw him out there with Mikko for a while, I had wondered for a minute if Granlund would ever go back to his normal self again. He'd been a shadow of himself for months by that time.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

I'm not doubting Granlunds ability or his potential, but I am also supporting Yeo. I trust in his judgements and I see the logic behind his moves, even if it isn't popular amongst the public.

For example, that stupid dump-and-chase argument. I don't think many realize that in order for a dump-and-chase to work, you need the F2 and F3 to cut off the passes and force the turnover, not just the initial forecheck.

But I digress, this is a Granlund thread. To me, he is full of potential but has yet to show me he has deserved a chance on the first line even though we would love to see that combination of Parise-Koivu-Granlund.

He has to work to get to that point, and in my opinion, he is improving at an impressive rate but just not there yet.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I don't think a line of Parise - Koivu - Granlund makes any sort of sense, but that's just me. Coyle's the ideal fit if Parise and Koivu are going to stay together, but at this point in time Coyle just isn't ready to be a consistent contributor that a top line on any team needs.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I wonder if salary plays a part in all this? Why else would you stay on the roster but on the fourth line or as a scratch?

I mean, that's a big thing for a kid like Dumba. Two weeks of NHL pay even on an ELC is probably $10-20k before taxes. That's a nice chunk of change in the bank.

I dunno, nothing else makes sense to me.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

vCash: 50
Well - your beloved FBJ playing on the powerplay tonight and he looks BRUTAL.... he looks scared, displaysno creativity, and seems to want to get rid of the puck as soon as he gets it.

Let's face facts, the kid is NOT ready for top minutes. He really needs to go to Houston.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:49 PM
b0rn2beWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Well - your beloved FBJ playing on the powerplay tonight and he looks BRUTAL.... he looks scared, displaysno creativity, and seems to want to get rid of the puck as soon as he gets it.

Let's face facts, the kid is NOT ready for top minutes. He really needs to go to Houston.
What's this *****? He played well on this 1st unit imo.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rn2beWild View Post
What's this *****? He played well on this 1st unit imo.
You mean the PP that went 0-6 in regulation, and then scored in OT when MG was not on the line?

I understand you're a Finn,and thus hold MG up as a god, but The fact is he is not playing like everyone hoped, he needs more development time in the AHL, playing top line minutes in all situations, and being counted on to be THE MAN, instead of just being a nearly useless passenger with the Wild.

Last edited by Dampland: 02-26-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: added missing word.
Old
02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Fbj was good on the pp, and the new mix on the 2nd unit looked good tonight too! Both pp units were generating chances and getting zone time, something we haven't seen all season!

Old
02-26-2013, 10:05 PM
premadonna

vCash: 520
Lost the puck a few times and took a few shots, that's all I saw from him on the PP. Pretty meh game overall from MG.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:09 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Russell Crowe View Post
Lost the puck a few times and took a few shots, that's all I saw from him on the PP. Pretty meh game overall from MG.
Were you even watching the same game? They seemed to play the top pp through Granlund on the half wall, and he used the time and space well feeding guys for chances. He directly setup at least 3 of Spurgeon's chances in the slot alone!

Old
02-26-2013, 10:11 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:

Granlund was anything but "BRUTAL" tonight.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:19 PM
JamesRanger

Granlund look fine. He has look fine all year long. Granlund is a scapegoat due to expectations but I feel that is misguided. For a rookie he has looked rock solid in my opinion.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:22 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Anyone notice that Granlund was centering Zucker and Seto late in the 3rd? His last 3 even strength shifts were on that line, one of those three was on the rush that produced Zucker's goal.

Cullen was moved down to the 3rd line and Brodziak to the 4th.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRanger View Post
Granlund look fine. He has look fine all year long. Granlund is a scapegoat due to expectations but I feel that is misguided. For a rookie he has looked rock solid in my opinion.
I don't use Granlund as a scapegoat; because I never felt his hype was warranted. And I've seen NOTHING this season from him to change my opinion of that.

But all the Finnish Baby Jesus fanatics keep coming up with excuses for him, so they finally get their wish and plays major power play time, and is once again unimpressive, scared, and not productive. What excuse are people going to use now for him?

And as far as the Zucker goal that Granlund was on the ice for ..... take a look at the replay... pretty sure we got away with ANOTHER Granlund offsides. I've never seen a player offsides more than Granlund in my life. It is amazing.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Anyone notice that Granlund was centering Zucker and Seto late in the 3rd? His last 3 even strength shifts were on that line, one of those three was on the rush that produced Zucker's goal.

Cullen was moved down to the 3rd line and Brodziak to the 4th.
Nah, I thought I saw Cullen on the 4th line with Mitchell and Rupp.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:40 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
Nah, I thought I saw Cullen on the 4th line with Mitchell and Rupp.
That wasn't Rupp, it was Heatley.

Brodziak had Bouchard and Rupp on his wings.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
TwInS1095

vCash: 1760
Quote:
I don't use Granlund as a scapegoat; because I never felt his hype was warranted. And I've seen NOTHING this season from him to change my opinion of that.

But all the Finnish Baby Jesus fanatics keep coming up with excuses for him, so they finally get their wish and plays major power play time, and is once again unimpressive, scared, and not productive. What excuse are people going to use now for him?

And as far as the Zucker goal that Granlund was on the ice for ..... take a look at the replay... pretty sure we got away with ANOTHER Granlund offsides. I've never seen a player offsides more than Granlund in my life. It is amazing.
As a Wild fan...why do you want this guy to fail? Why is it fun to root against our top prospect so vehemently and to go so far out of your way to do so?

Old
02-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Dee Oh Cee

He looked great on that 1st PP unit. I wouldn't change anything. Except maybe get Spurgeon off of it.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Beegoalie

I thought we saw signs of brilliance from him on that top PP..

I'd give it a few games. I have been laboring for him to get top PP time for a long time. Thats the best time for him to develop some confidence AND for the Wild to get some production out of him. He looked pretty good on the half wall IMO maybe a little rusty but should get better.

I'd still like him to use that wrister more but his passing in that spot is as good or better than Mikko's right now so keep him there. Even going 1-6 or whatever we did we were like 3 for out last 30 before that so its an improvement.

I've said it before and will say again if he keeps playing PP I don't mind him on the 4th line..I'd like to see him move up ilke he did tonight a few times with Zucker and Coyle(I believe?) but 4th line and PP is better than Houston.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:15 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
He looked great on that 1st PP unit. I wouldn't change anything. Except maybe get Spurgeon off of it.

Agreed. Although that save Macdonald made on him if you watch he got pretty lucky on the rebound attempt after straight robbing Spurg.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:24 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegoalie View Post
I thought we saw signs of brilliance from him on that top PP..

I'd give it a few games. I have been laboring for him to get top PP time for a long time. Thats the best time for him to develop some confidence AND for the Wild to get some production out of him. He looked pretty good on the half wall IMO maybe a little rusty but should get better.

I'd still like him to use that wrister more but his passing in that spot is as good or better than Mikko's right now so keep him there. Even going 1-6 or whatever we did we were like 3 for out last 30 before that so its an improvement.

I've said it before and will say again if he keeps playing PP I don't mind him on the 4th line..I'd like to see him move up ilke he did tonight a few times with Zucker and Coyle(I believe?) but 4th line and PP is better than Houston.
After the pk played so much, there were a couple times the kids were out there together, but I think that's more due to the pk'ers needing a rest. As I mentioned though, late in the game he did replace Cullen on the 2nd line again, and Zucker has already given credit to Granlund for drawing all the defenders on that rush when he went straight to the net, allowing Zucker to sneak in on the backside.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:32 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Russell Crowe View Post
Lost the puck a few times and took a few shots, that's all I saw from him on the PP.
Why dont you even bother to watch nhl.com highlights before comment? Looked like he was doing good job at the PP.

I'm sure he will get he's confidence right and be very good NHL player in the future.. It's sad that it looks like man of you minnesota fans don't like him..

Last edited by QnebO: 02-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
After the pk played so much, there were a couple times the kids were out there together, but I think that's more due to the pk'ers needing a rest. As I mentioned though, late in the game he did replace Cullen on the 2nd line again, and Zucker has already given credit to Granlund for drawing all the defenders on that rush when he went straight to the net, allowing Zucker to sneak in on the backside.

Ah that thought didn't cross my mind..was Cullen also out for a lot of those kills? Could've been the reason he got bumped up as well.

Either way still nice to see him get bumped up like that.

Closed Thread