Jets interested in O'Reilly? UPDATE: CGY Offer sheet COL matches

Old
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
There is someone on the Colorado boards who is known to posters and mods there to be connected to ROR and other Avs. He said that the Jets are very interested. It was suggested that the Jets and ROR's agent were talking numbers (sorry I'm paraphrasing and going from memory here so this might not be totally accurate). Finally, the Avalanche GM Sherman is said to be high on Little and may have been working on a deal for him last year, so that is why Little's name is being suggested as the main piece going back.
Ah all right. That's changing the picture a lot

We'll see what happens.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:01 PM
KCjetsfan

vCash: 123
Quote:

PS I hope that alignment goes through. You will be able to see more Jets games than any of us non-seasons tickets holders
Thanks! Now to convince the wife it'd be a good use of our vacation time and money

KCjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:05 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
Thanks! Now to convince the wife it'd be a good use of our vacation time and money
i bet your dream scenario would be a expansion team in KC in the same division as the Jets

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
KCjetsfan

vCash: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
i bet your dream scenario would be a expansion team in KC in the same division as the Jets
heh but that's just a pipe dream.

KCjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:37 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Ah all right. That's changing the picture a lot

We'll see what happens.
There was also a footnote on a WFP article mentioning Jets interest in RoR as well. It's in the OP.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:38 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Seven more pages of this and he'll be a future Art Ross AND Vezina winner, and a friend of someone will know someone who's parrot saw O'Reily buying a house in Tuxedo.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
and a friend of someone will know someone who's parrot saw O'Reily buying a house in Tuxedo.
Plan the parade.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:41 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
There was also a footnote on a WFP article mentioning Jets interest in RoR as well. It's in the OP.
I know it was in my first just before I got the answer

But I said, that couldn't be all about it. That's why Brogosian explained the situation.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 04:01 PM
ahplk

vCash: 500
Quote:
I hate when people assume that a player has a bad attitude. How do we know how much of this holdout is ROR, how much is a possessive father and how much is his agent?

I'm not saying anything positive or negative about ROR, but from what I read about the kid he has mad work ethic, is a passionate hockey player and future captain material. That to me says A LOT.

Just like Kane. Haters be hatin', but all the kid does is score goals, and we need that in a bad way.
I think it's his agent...ROR, Subban, and Del Zotto are all managed by Newport Sports Management and all three were RFA holdouts this year...

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Hansen Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I think they are both moves that would help us a lot. But I think the value in both cases is tilted too far towards us. Never thought about Gormley before but that could have some merit to it... We'd probably be in tough to get anything extra for Little besides Gormley though, he was a pretty high pick. Definitely not getting Klesla off them as well. Gormley and Trouba in theory sounds like a pretty good pairing 2-4 years down the road.

Enstrom for ROR + Siemens could be a good deal for us but I`m not sure Colorado has any reason to give up Siemens. They`re already having to cut bait with a 21 year old 2nd line center...Plus Enstrom has a NMC if I recall.

If all this Sherman wanting Little stuff has legs to it, that`s the best route to go IMO. Little + 2nd seems fair for a guy they have to get rid of at some point...
I think we might have to add a bit to Little but it's a borderline first line center for a second pairing defenceman and a high end prospect. I think that's close.

Well I was thinking if Colorado could get a first pairing LHD like Enstrom they wouldn't mind giving us Siemens because he was supposed to be that guy in a few years.

Pair them however you like, it would give us four high end defencemen with a range of skills. Plus we would still have Klesla to move out in two years or so for something else if we so chose.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:40 AM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
Unsure about ROR. His recent numbers are not very impressive IMO.
Avs fan here. His numbers are not spectacular but he is growing each and every year. What RoR brings to a team is spectacular defensive play from a forward and great positioning on offense in a very young guy.

What the Avs board has been discussing is something like RoR and Stef Elliot for Trouba and Little. Don't know how realistic that is though.

Also, anyone who believes the Avs would give up both RoR and especially Siemens for Tobias Enstrom is dreaming. Maybe Stastny for Tobias Enstrom last year, but since RoR won't re-sign I think Enstrom is out of any deal.

Last edited by KodiakArrest: 02-27-2013 at 01:45 AM.
KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:43 AM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
Avs fan here. His numbers are not spectacular but he is growing each and every year. What RoR brings to a team is spectacular defensive play from a forward and great positioning on offense in a very young guy.

What the Avs board has been discussing is something like RoR and Stef Elliot for Trouba and Little. Don't know how realistic that is though.

Also, anyone who believes the Avs would give up both RoR and especially Siemens for Tobias Enstrom is dreaming. Maybe Stastny for Tobias Enstrom last year, but since RoR won't re-sign I think Enstrom is out of any deal.
Trouba is probably the best prospect in our bare cupboard of a system and the first true pick for our GM. I honestly don't think many on our board see him as being available outside of some ridiculous overpayment.

I want ROR in a Jets uniform but not at the price your board has been suggesting (seeing Trouba or Bogosian's names thrown out there). The Avs want an overpayment but I don't think any team is going to bite right now...I think this plays out like Nash last season where the return for him after the season finished was nowhere near what management was expecting to get earlier on.

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCjetsfan View Post
heh but that's just a pipe dream.
If you will it dude, it is no dream.

Quote:
I would be shocked to see us give up Trouba. I'd be slightly surprised to see Little get traded but it could happen. But Trouba.. I just can't see it happening.

Last edited by Reed Solomon: 02-27-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:20 AM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
I would be shocked to see us give up Trouba. I'd be slightly surprised to see Little get traded but it could happen. But Trouba.. I just can't see it happening.

I understand how you guys feel about Trouba, it's how Avalanche fans feel about Siemens.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:28 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
I understand how you guys feel about Trouba, it's how Avalanche fans feel about Siemens.
I like Siemens allot and think Hockey Canada dropped the ball leaving him off our WJ team this past year. we needed one more nasty shut down D man and one less Murphy smurfy IMHO. You guys have a nice asset there and I am looking forward to watching him in the memorial cup this spring.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
ROR could be the next Marek Svatos. I wouldnt give up anything significant for him at this point after only one strong season.

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
ROR could be the next Marek Svatos. I wouldnt give up anything significant for him at this point after only one strong season.
I doubt it.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:12 AM
SCP Guy

Looks like we will be in same division next year.....no way this deal will happen now IMHO

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
Svatos was never remotely close to ROR in terms of defensive play.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

I can't help but chuckle at all the Avs fans who think the price is going to be Little+Trouba.

If that were the case, why wouldn't the Jets just offer sheet ROR.

Jet Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
I can't help but chuckle at all the Avs fans who think the price is going to be Little+Trouba.

If that were the case, why wouldn't the Jets just offer sheet ROR.
Offersheets don't have a very high success rate, for the most part teams will match them. All an offersheet is going to do is make all other 29 GM's mad at you for raising the contract demands of all other RFA's.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:44 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
hearing there is no truth to these Little for O'Reilly rumors

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
hearing there is no truth to these Little for O'Reilly rumors
****...lol

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:45 AM
jetkarma

Per Adrian Dater, Denver Post beat writer for the Avs

Quote:
Scouts from the following Eastern NHL teams are at the Avs-Sharks game tonight...

Winnipeg, NY Rangers and Boston. Start your rumors now
Can be found on his Twitter feed.

So that's 3 straight games for the Jets and Rangers and 2 in a row for Boston...perhaps nothing comes from this, or perhaps the opposite, but here's the info.

No need to scout Colorado if only ROR is the only Av in question. Trades are starting in the league , we should stay tuned .

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

The more important thing is who is Colorado scouting?