Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Springfield Flames @ Little Pwagmattasquarmsettport Wild

Old
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
Hartley is a pretty intense guy, and from what I read about the post game (answered 2 questions and abruptly left) he will have this team playing with a little more heart one way or another.

tyflames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:18 AM
flameaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
We improved by 1 point I don't get how you could complain. This team has had the worst goal tending it has had since 03 (maybe longer) and our point total to start this year isn't even that bad just calm down.
Because 1 point can't really be considered an "improvement." It's like getting 51% on a test instead of 50%. That's not really an improvement.

5 points? Yes. 10 points? Yes. 1 point? No.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:21 AM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Hartley is a pretty intense guy, and from what I read about the post game (answered 2 questions and abruptly left) he will have this team playing with a little more heart one way or another.
Good luck to him. Butter tried and failed. Keenan tried and failed. Playfair tried and failed. He too will fail.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:15 AM
omsbuzzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Because 1 point can't really be considered an "improvement." It's like getting 51% on a test instead of 50%. That's not really an improvement.

5 points? Yes. 10 points? Yes. 1 point? No.
Actually, it's like getting 50% on a test instead of 47% (Based on w%).

Just sayin'.

omsbuzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by omsbuzzman View Post
Actually, it's like getting 50% on a test instead of 47% (Based on w%).

Just sayin'.
I would say its more like getting 50% instead of zero

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:33 AM
centcougar07

Looked to me like Granlund was borderline offsides on the Zucker goal. Might have gotten away with one there. Granted Koivu hit like all 3 posts tonight so hockey gods evening it out?

Stupid penalty by Giordano at the end. As a Wild fan though.. Feel lucky to get a win, we had a terrible game for the most part. This team cannot get it's **** together at all.

Oh well two points is two points I guess.

Tanguay continues to demolish the Wild on a game by game basis.

centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:51 AM
LukeD
On Fire

I don't understand how Feaster can look at this team and think they can succeed. If the plan is still to go forward and try and contend, he HAS to do something. If not, he's insane.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I would say its more like getting 50% instead of zero
And you would be correct.

Sadly a portion of our "fan" base must whine and complain about everything.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
I don't understand how Feaster can look at this team and think they can succeed. If the plan is still to go forward and try and contend, he HAS to do something. If not, he's insane.
You just don't get it do you? Then again since I signed up I have only ever seen you complain about the team so I really don't think you want to get it, but I will try anyways.

The plan is to try and compete for a playoff spot and to do it whilst building through the draft. Being 3 points out of 8th with a game in hand is competing for a playoff spot, and they are doing it without their #1 goaltender and #2 center.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
And you would be correct.

Sadly a portion of our "fan" base must whine and complain about everything.
I am seeing that. I don't know what these people expect from a bubble team, personally I thought being on the bubble meant they were meeting those expectations.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Gary83*

LukeD is identical to Flameaholic.

Shows up for the losses, MIA anytime we win.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:47 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think it is as big of a deal as your making it out to be. Did we have the lead and blow it? Yes, but the way we played we didn't deserve the game it just happens the Wild weren't much better. These are the types of games last year where we would lose 1-0 and get nothing out of it. Not ever night the team is going to look like an all star team but when they have off nights getting a point is huge.

I couldn't care less how the Wild looked. If the Flames were a playoff team, they would have put this game away with the numberous opportunities they had. It was there for the taking. No moral victories here because we got one point. I'll be very disappointed if we are not sellers at the deadline.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:00 AM
The Gnome

Pathetic pp cost us the extra point. I don't get why Baertschi was not put on one of the units. If feaster does not attempt to do something about our centre position then we will see more games like this

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Pathetic pp cost us the extra point. I don't get why Baertschi was not put on one of the units. If feaster does not attempt to do something about our centre position then we will see more games like this
I imagine he's probably evaluating what he should do. Would you, for instance:

Move Cammy for a similar player but a C/

or

Move Cammy (lets just say at a retained salary) for a high pick 1st or 2nd and a prospect)

Old
02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I couldn't care less how the Wild looked. If the Flames were a playoff team, they would have put this game away with the numberous opportunities they had. It was there for the taking. No moral victories here because we got one point. I'll be very disappointed if we are not sellers at the deadline.
Many playoff teams blow a game from time to time what makes them a playoff team isn't the fact that they blew the game but the next game they play as if they didn't blow the game before. Every team makes mistakes the good ones are the ones that learn from them and grow.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:32 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Ive heard this the past 4 years.

When is enough enough? Lets get real, this is a 10th place or less team, stop trying to make them out to be better. I would almost like Hartley to just come out and say "We dont have the talent to compete" But i suppose you cant really be THAT honest.

Either way, team needs to blow it up finally.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:37 AM
DBU
All You Can Do

Quote:
Many playoff teams blow a game from time to time what makes them a playoff team isn't the fact that they blew the game but the next game they play as if they didn't blow the game before. Every team makes mistakes the good ones are the ones that learn from them and grow.
Are you trying to say the Flames are a playoff team? Because nope, they're not.

If what you're saying is true (and I agree, that does describe a playoff team), then you also need to acknowledge that playoff teams go on extended periods of winning, something the Flames have yet to do at all this season. Yes, they blew it against the Wild last night but for the past two weeks all we have seen is one win, one loss, one win, one loss. I wouldn't say that's "learning from them and growing" because quite clearly, they haven't learned anything if we're sitting here two weeks later saying the same damn thing.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Ive heard this the past 4 years.

When is enough enough? Lets get real, this is a 10th place or less team, stop trying to make them out to be better. I would almost like Hartley to just come out and say "We dont have the talent to compete" But i suppose you cant really be THAT honest.

Either way, team needs to blow it up finally.
Oh look guys, Tyler took some time out of his schedule from the Oilers board to come visit us on the Flames board.

Thanks for the insight Tyler.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:45 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Are you trying to say the Flames are a playoff team? Because nope, they're not.

If what you're saying is true (and I agree, that does describe a playoff team), then you also need to acknowledge that playoff teams go on extended periods of winning, something the Flames have yet to do at all this season. Yes, they blew it against the Wild last night but for the past two weeks all we have seen is one win, one loss, one win, one loss. I wouldn't say that's "learning from them and growing" because quite clearly, they haven't learned anything if we're sitting here two weeks later saying the same damn thing.
I have not said that the Flames are a playoff team but many teams blow leads and learn from it.

Yes playoff teams go on winning streaks and clearly we have not yet but in this month with Kipper playing only 5 periods we are 6-4-3 which is the pace I thought we would go with Kipper. I think there is some optimism to be had here, We know Kipper can steal games and we have been able to keep ourselves in the playoff race since he has gone down. With him coming back in the next week or so we have a chance to get a streak going.

If we don't then we will clearly be sellers.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
DBU
All You Can Do

Quote:
I have not said that the Flames are a playoff team but many teams blow leads and learn from it.

Yes playoff teams go on winning streaks and clearly we have not yet but in this month with Kipper playing only 5 periods we are 6-4-3 which is the pace I thought we would go with Kipper. I think there is some optimism to be had here, We know Kipper can steal games and we have been able to keep ourselves in the playoff race since he has gone down. With him coming back in the next week or so we have a chance to get a streak going.

If we don't then we will clearly be sellers.
I guess all we can do is hope that Kipper is sharper than he was before he went down.

Also, I hardly think we will "clearly be sellers" with ****ing King and Edwards in charge of this team.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:55 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I guess all we can do is hope that Kipper is sharper than he was before he went down.

Also, I hardly think we will "clearly be sellers" with ****ing King and Edwards in charge of this team.
Personally I think Iginla will leave this team unless we make the playoffs at seasons end and I think the management knows it so if we aren't in a clear position to make the playoffs I think we move a few people.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Last half of that game was gross

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
DBU
All You Can Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Last half of that game was gross
I heard. I had to leave to go to hockey around 8 so I guess lucky me for missing it?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Nordberg

When we flubbed that double minor power play I knew it was over even though we had the lead. Sometimes this team is predictable after all. With our normal PP we would have buried Minny 5-0 this game but the guys didn't want to play hockey. Unfortunate for us, and for Hartley. Let's see if he can do something about it. He seems pretty mad.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Quote:
I heard. I had to leave to go to hockey around 8 so I guess lucky me for missing it?
some "vets" on this team are clearly used to taking nights off. So frustrating to watch

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote