HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
I just can't stand that map, even from BO1. It's too much of a cluster **** and takes away how I prefer my COD Maps.

It's just too damn small.

Thankfully it isn't in normal rotation.

Yea, I'm stopping at the end of 6 (current one) and still haven't seen the DLC. Frustrating. I thought for sure this double xp was for the map pack.
It's coming out Thursday at around 3 AM. I'm excited for the DLC, but I did spoil it for myself a bit by playing it on my friend's XBOX so much. Die Rise is totally familiar now. The Peacekeeper is already one of my go-to guns on certain maps. I know that I really don't like Hydro. All the discovery is going to be absent, it's just being able to say, now I have those maps and stuff TOO.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:20 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
I really want to buy the Map Pack but I am pissed (like I get with every COD) about the "exclusive" arrangement with XBOX.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Came across my first cheaters on PS3 tonight.

The whole clan [iH8U] or something like that were all at master prestige which is whatever. But they could start matches with Death Machines.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:16 AM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I really want to buy the Map Pack but I am pissed (like I get with every COD) about the "exclusive" arrangement with XBOX.
they own the freakin console...gives em the right to a LITTLE bit of exclusivity!

Old
02-27-2013, 03:07 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
Came across my first cheaters on PS3 tonight.

The whole clan [iH8U] or something like that were all at master prestige which is whatever. But they could start matches with Death Machines.
I've seen people do this as well. Only difference was that the death machines had no bullets in them so it was pretty useless and just for show.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:15 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Long shot, but does anyone know how long Prestige 2 for the MK48 and S12 takes? I want to see my emblems on my gun.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
I haven't touched BO2 in months. Did it get worse?

Old
02-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Smelling Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
I've seen people do this as well. Only difference was that the death machines had no bullets in them so it was pretty useless and just for show.
Definitely bullets in this case. I think everyone on the other team reported them but they bragged about having 50 machine IDs blah blah blah.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

I'm having horrible games with ARs so i'm sticking with SMGs. Been doing pretty well with the MSMC and waiting to level up to the Skorpion. I'm curious if the Peacekeeper is any good? Pretty idiotic for $15 for that and a map.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
I'm having horrible games with ARs so i'm sticking with SMGs. Been doing pretty well with the MSMC and waiting to level up to the Skorpion. I'm curious if the Peacekeeper is any good? Pretty idiotic for $15 for that and a map.
The Peacekeeper is great for a medium-sized map, which might be too big for a SMG and too small for an AR.

02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
MikeModano9

Quote:
You get 4 maps, a new zombie map, a new zombie gamemode and the peacekeeper. I agree 15$ is a bit much but if you play quite a bit I'd say it's worth it.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:15 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Golded the Skorpion earlier... three bloodthirsties in a game for the win

Only have the Chicom left for diamond SMGs; here we go!

Lag comp really isn't better so I've forced myself to really slow down my play. I've opened ports, altered my QoS, and tried plugging my modem directly into my PS3. It all seems to help a little bit for a few games and then it feels like it 'wears off' and reverts to crap.

I've always been an AR guy in previous CoDs so I'm looking forward to switching back after I get my diamonds. Hopefully having more range will improve my situation more.
The Chicom is sick. If you're having trouble with headshots or eventually bloodthirsties, try this class:

Chicom w/ Suppressor & Extended Mags (no secondary)
Ghost & Lightweight (plus Perk One Greed)
Toughness (or Cold Blooded, or Scavenger)
Dexterity
1 lethal, 1 tactical of your choice... I like Frag Grenade & EMP

It's a great class for flanking and mowing down 3-4 guys at once. I got ~50 headshots with it in one night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I haven't touched BO2 in months. Did it get worse?
IMO most of the bad server issues have been sorted out as people stopped playing and reduced the server load. There is still some lag compensation but there's less real and erratic lag nowadays.

Quote:
The 4 new maps are really good as well. Mirage (a Gobi Desert hotel, I think) and Downhill (a ski resort) are particularly good. I rank them up there with my other favorites, Raid, Plaza, Meltdown, and Standoff. The other two, Grind and Hydro, are also very cool.

As for the Peacekeeper, it's really, really good. If you played Modern Warfare 2, it's similar to the UMP45 as it has very good range for an SMG and very manageable recoil, although it doesn't seem overpowered like the UMP was. Still, with a silencer and a reflex sight, I'm getting some pretty long distance kills with it.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Thanks for the input guys, I'm thinking maybe I'll spring for the Revo pack now.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Personally I would get Revolution for Die Rise alone. It's that fun.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:36 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

The day I finally decided to open the ports on the Xbox changed my life in terms of lag. Since then, each subsequent day has been worse than the one that came before it.

Today I logged on just now to play a game of CTF and was fluctuating from 1 bar to 4 the entire time. Died four times when I know I had killed the guy who just killed me, and shut the Xbox off. My father and sister are both on the internet, and they alone had killed my connection, even with open ports Every time either one of them opened a new website, I could feel it

Any fixes to this? I'd reset the router, but they take their 'internetting' (especially my father) very seriously.

[yes I know, moving out of my parents house would fix this, I'm working on it ]

Old
02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
Long shot, but does anyone know how long Prestige 2 for the MK48 and S12 takes? I want to see my emblems on my gun.
I did the S12. Took me a month or so. (Maybe like 20 hrs). However i didn't use it 100% of my games.

S12 is easy to prestige since it dosen't have as many levels as some of the other guns. Also you don't really need attachments on it to be successful with it.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:51 PM
CoopALoop

Holy crap, is that peacekeeper a beast or what.

Easily one of the best, if not the best weapon in the game.

It's kind of fun watching EVERYONE run around with one.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Smelling Salt

lol @ the spawns in Grind

Old
03-01-2013, 12:01 AM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Holy crap, is that peacekeeper a beast or what.

Easily one of the best, if not the best weapon in the game.

It's kind of fun watching EVERYONE run around with one.
easily my favorite weapon right now!
great power and versatility, and an awesome name

I have it on with the SVU sniper in a "Law & Order" class

Old
03-01-2013, 12:02 AM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

First impressions on the DLC for the PS3. I guess they're ok. There's nothing really special about them. Its certainly a nice change of pace from the original maps. I think grind is probably my favorite map so far. Hydro is just a weird map. Mirage and downhill will grow on me. Still need to play more of the maps to get full input.

As for the peacekeeper, I can be really good with it or I can be really bad with. I don't know why, but for sometimes today I just couldn't aim with the gun. Maybe it was just me. Although I do seem to get headshots a lot faster with this gun than I would with any other gun.

Old
03-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Smelling Salt

Meh had to stop playing. Out of about 12 games maybe 5 finished. Either connection interrupted or the map failed to load. Early impressions are I like Hydro and Downhill. Didn't really dislike the other two - just haven't played enough.

I know I definitely don't like the Peacekeeper. It feels like a Nerf gun after using the AN94 for so long.

Old
03-01-2013, 01:45 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Was able to play each of the new maps at least once and I agree that they are just ok. The Peacekeeper is an awesome gun though, favorite SMG. I'll try out the new zombie map and game mode soon.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:10 AM
CoopALoop

Played a few matches on each one.

Grind: it's alright. It is kind of fun running through the many passages, but it's kind of a cluster ****.

Mirage: I feel like I play alot of ring around the pony on this one. Neat layout, I enjoyed it.

Hydro: I like it. Nice mix up with the water passages and the 2 other middle areas to fight over.

Snow Level: My favourite for sure, but I have a soft spot for snow maps. The gonodola's are going to take some getting used to. There have been a few times i'm having a fire fight with a guy, he hides behind a gondola, ends up getting killed by it, I'm expecting him to pop out and then his buddy comes around and gets me.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:18 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Okay got my own alone time with Revolution. No more split screen on a small screen using sticky xbox controllers bull****.

Peacekeeper: Second to the PDW on my favorite SMGs list. PDW just owns with Suppressor and Extended clip (plus a Remington+long barrel on my back for quick and close kills) but the Peacekeeper with LB, Extended Mags, and foregrip is pretty damn good and is better for long distance killing than the PDW. Haven't gotten to rapid fire yet but may use an extra slot for a rapid fire version of it.

Die Rise: My best score is 26 (4 players) and honestly, the way I had my last solo game, I could have equaled it. By round 13 I already had: Ray gun, AN-94 PAP'd, HAMR PAP'd, Bowie Knife, Claymores, Jug, Quick Revive, Muler Kick, Double Tap, Who's who. No downs. Things are looking great. Who's who meant I could pick myself up and then have quick revive before I even made my second purchase of the perk. Decide to add the last piece to the trample steam. In an attempt to jump over to the other skyscraper my character failed to sprint even though I held L3 down and I didn't make the jump. Lost everything but my 9000 points and started over at the first room. Thought to myself, eh, at least I can I can grab the AN-94, pack a punch it, grab juggernog and slowly get all my stuff back. Maybe build the sliqufier as back up. Head down the elevator shaft and mid jump a spawned zombie hits me, so I die on impact when I make my first drop ending the game at 282 kills and only one down. I've never been positioned to do so well and then have my game end so ridiculously. Silver lining is at the time of the game, 14 rounds and 282 kills was good for top 1000 in the PS3 world. So...meh.

Diner Turned: Used to this mode by now, so including my 3-0 record on PS3 I'm undefeated in my last 12 games. The trick is just timing your shots correctly. People try to shoot the zombies down as soon as they're within eyesight, me I just wait until they're close, line up the shot and shoot. Seems simple enough, but people struggle with it. Not a game mode I'd play for hours but something that always bothered me about zombies is that when I'd play long and good games of survival and finally die, I wouldn't feel like playing another full game, but I'd still want a quick shot of zombies gameplay. Turned gives me that. Grief was supposed to be that relief gaming, but the problem with that is too many people rage quit, good games last almost as long as a regular survival game, or your team is just awful.

Hydro: Not really a fan of this one. Seems like a camper/sniper's paradise and as a rush style player I never have good KD's on this map. The wash-out idea is clever, the map design is admittedly smart, it's visually appealing, and the entire idea is pretty nice but as a SMG/Shotgun rusher it just doesn't suit me much. Not a bad map for demolition but everything else (especially Hardpoint) it's not too great

Downhill: I don't know why but it's my favorite to play of the four. Maybe it's because I felt a snow map was really lacking on BLOPS2. Maybe it's because I find it visually stunning and vibrant. Maybe it's because it provides THE best Demolition set up possible...I don't know I just really enjoy it. Very good map in my opinion.

Mirage: As far as design goes I can't think of a smarter or more attractive map. It's just perfect. The idea is so awesome. The massive dunes in the background are impressive and a bit terrifying to think about really (imagine actually being at that resort and getting stuck in a massive sandstorm there. The varied area types make it a pretty difficult map to get the hang of. Some areas you'll be screwed with a short ranged weapon, other areas you need to be prepared for quick short ranged kills.

Grind: I like this map, I do have one issue with it though, and that is that people automatically vote for the smaller crazier maps, which is fine. On Chaos Moshpit I'm always hoping for Nuketown, but that's just because I'm so familiar with the map. And there only being 4 maps on this DLC playlist that I want to play equally (well...maybe a little less Hydro) the Grind vote spamming is pretty annoying at times. I think in total I played 15 games on grind and 12 everywhere else. One thing I'll say is, Hardpoint normally makes me grind my teeth for various reasons, but this map is the only one I've played the mode on and actually enjoyed myself.

DLC Moshpit: Not a fan of Search and Destroy. Chaos Moshpit's modes are the best.
HQs, Demo, KC, Domination, TDM. HQ you do have to wait if you die, but that's only if the HQ is captured. S/D you have like what, 5 opportunities to go out and get kills total? Not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
Meh had to stop playing. Out of about 12 games maybe 5 finished. Either connection interrupted or the map failed to load. Early impressions are I like Hydro and Downhill. Didn't really dislike the other two - just haven't played enough.

I know I definitely don't like the Peacekeeper. It feels like a Nerf gun after using the AN94 for so long.
You get used to it. Trust me. I was considering abandoning it after a while but long barrel and foregrip makes it a pretty great gun.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Smelling Salt

Yeah as I read your post I was thinking "Maybe I shouldn't write it off without trying it with the Grip at least."

I should try it with the older maps so I'm not trying to learn the new maps at the same time.

Closed Thread