HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Quebec City Part VII: Si J'avais les ailes d'un ange

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 09:39 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
The new divisions probably won't be finalized until the end of the playoffs anyway. If Pheonix has to move, they will adjust accordingly.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Undertakerqc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Defender View Post
Agree. Still, this quote from Daly is like music to my ears since this proposal first looked like bad news for Quebec...
I hope daly was commish, i am sure we would already have a team here. I hear he loves Québec City and has family here.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

According to Sportsnet, the NHLPA have asked the league what are the contingencies for the alignment should the Coyotes move to Québec.

I wonder what the NHL's plans are on that front...

Old
02-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesolid View Post
According to Sportsnet, the NHLPA have asked the league what are the contingencies for the alignment should the Coyotes move to Québec.

Should this happen, my guess is that if this were to happen the natural solution would be to shift Detroit back the West, Move Colorado Over and Quebec slides into that spot

So Pacific

Ducks, Nucks, Avs, Oilers, Flames, Sharks, Kings

Midwest

Hawks, Wings, Jets, Wild, Preds, Stars, Blues

Central

B's, Habs, Leafs, Quebec, Sabres, Panthers, Bolts, Sens

God I want a QC team. B's road trips up to Quebec and a team that hates Montreal more than us?!?! Sold!

Old
02-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesolid View Post

What if Florida is put already in the division, where it belongs in the future?

Let me introduce you: Panthères du Québec

Old
02-27-2013, 09:02 AM
WildGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post

I hope Quebec gets a team, but it won't be Florida. The team loses money, but with the Panthers as anchor tenant, the arena and the overall operation are making money. There's no need for them to move. Columbus could face some decisions in future years, but I hope they can stablilze things and stay. The only real candidate to move is Phoenix. If they don't, or if they go elsewhere, I hope QC gets an expansion team soon.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
The new divisions probably won't be finalized until the end of the playoffs anyway. If Pheonix has to move, they will adjust accordingly.
That can't be. The schedule for next Season needs to be made up, and if Detroit, for instance, is slotted into the East then it'll have an Eastern schedule, which can't in any way easily be changed.

If we don't hear news of Quebec City getting the Coyotes in the next couple of days (and that's Not going to happen), then if the Coyotes are relocated anywhere this year it'll be to a western city or Quebec City will be playing in the Western Conference next Season.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post

If we don't hear news of Quebec City getting the Coyotes in the next couple of days (and that's Not going to happen), then if the Coyotes are relocated anywhere this year it'll be to a western city or Quebec City will be playing in the Western Conference next Season.
Columbus back to the Mid West, QC to the Central, Boston to the Atlantic. All parties probably find that agreeable. Nothing is set in stone until the PA approves this and the NHL finalizes it. It could easily change in the next month or two. All of the promos the Coyotes are running for the last 10 home games has me wondering if we may yet see an early announcement.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Columbus back to the Mid West, QC to the Central, Boston to the Atlantic. All parties probably find that agreeable. Nothing is set in stone until the PA approves this and the NHL finalizes it. It could easily change in the next month or two. All of the promos the Coyotes are running for the last 10 home games has me wondering if we may yet see an early announcement.
Columbus won't be back in the West for next Season, not unless there's announcement in the next few days.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:19 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:
That can't be. The schedule for next Season needs to be made up, and if Detroit, for instance, is slotted into the East then it'll have an Eastern schedule, which can't in any way easily be changed.

I've read in a Detroit online newspaper work on next season's schedule must begin "in the next 2 months" so I guess you're right.

This is where the PA's "veto" make things spicy. But in the end, I highlited in bold my bet.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Does anyone know where I can find the most popular "bring the Diques back to QC" forum?

Thanks.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:13 PM
DJ Omnimaga

Just search for zone nordiques on search engines (since I am not allowed to post links) and it should be among the top. Sadly the shoutbox killed the board, though.

It used to be lnhquebec.freeforums.org but then almost everyone migrated to ZoneNordiques, which is like the 4th Nords board attempt now. LNHQuebec shutted down a few months ago.

Last edited by DJ Omnimaga: 03-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 03:36 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the most popular "bring the Diques back to QC" forum?

Thanks.
Sometimes it seems like here

Old
02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209 View Post
Sometimes it seems like here
I knew that link instantly even without clicking.
Although this one would've served equally as well

Old
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
MNNumbers

Quote:

More - I know you love this realignment stuff, but come on, really? When did they start to do the schedule for this year? Are you saying they started before the CBA was done? I don't think so. I can appreciate that the schedule maker would like some time to work, but to say they have to start this week, which is what you are implying here, is just not factual.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

I think the next week is crucial.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post

Picture them already having U Bear D'Eau and then drafting second or third overall and selecting Jonathan Drouin.

The return of the Flying Frenchmen!

Look it up, the Panthers would be selecting 3rd if the season ended now.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:

The league always produces multiple schedules. In a year that can see a franchise move to Quebec City or Seattle, I'm pretty sure they'll have AT LEAST 3 scearios. One for Phoenix, one for QC and one for Seattle.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:17 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNumbers View Post
More - I know you love this realignment stuff, but come on, really? When did they start to do the schedule for this year? Are you saying they started before the CBA was done? I don't think so. I can appreciate that the schedule maker would like some time to work, but to say they have to start this week, which is what you are implying here, is just not factual.
No, I'm saying that they have a rough deadline to get this realignment confirmed because they want to start working on the schedule. Look at Winnipeg when it took over the Coyotes, they essentially slotted the Jets into the Thrashers schedule for that first Season. I'm not saying that they can't create a schedule even later in the Season, I'm just saying that if they do put one together, and they will start working on it soon after the alignment is confirmed, that they won't then toss it all aside and start a new one just for one team.

If Quebec City is to get the Coyotes, we'll either hear about it at the time this whole realignment is officially announced as being finalized, or else the other 3 options are:
- The Coyotes won't be moved for next Season
- The Coyotes get moved to a western city
- Quebec City gets the Coyotes but they'll play in the West for at least one Season.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Shawa666

vCash: 490
Quote:
No, I'm saying that they have a rough deadline to get this realignment confirmed because they want to start working on the schedule. Look at Winnipeg when it took over the Coyotes, they essentially slotted the Jets into the Thrashers schedule for that first Season. I'm not saying that they can't create a schedule even later in the Season, I'm just saying that if they do put one together, and they will start working on it soon after the alignment is confirmed, that they won't then toss it all aside and start a new one just for one team.

If Quebec City is to get the Coyotes, we'll either hear about it at the time this whole realignment is officially announced as being finalized, or else the other 3 options are:
- The Coyotes won't be moved for next Season
- The Coyotes get moved to a western city
- Quebec City gets the Coyotes but they'll play in the West for at least one Season.
Don't remember 1995 don't you?

Old
02-27-2013, 10:49 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawa666 View Post
Don't remember 1995 don't you?
Ahhh, there was a slight difference back then...
No other teams had to be moved around to make room for Colorado. They just slotted Colorado into an already smaller Division than some of the others.

Again, if the schedule gets prepared for next Season with the alignment that's currently being pushed, there won't logically be room to fit a ninth team in that new Central Division (not with only 7 teams in other Divisions). They won't uproot the planned schedule of one team to fit in another. Quebec City, if it gets the Coyotes after next Season's schedule is put together, will have the Coyotes schedule from the West and be placed in the West for next Season. I'd bet on that.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:54 PM
MNNumbers

Quote:
Ahhh, there was a slight difference back then...
No other teams had to be moved around to make room for Colorado. They just slotted Colorado into an already smaller Division than some of the others.

Again, if the schedule gets prepared for next Season with the alignment that's currently being pushed, there won't logically be room to fit a ninth team in that new Central Division (not with only 7 teams in other Divisions). They won't uproot the planned schedule of one team to fit in another. Quebec City, if it gets the Coyotes after next Season's schedule is put together, will have the Coyotes schedule from the West and be placed in the West for next Season. I'd bet on that.
And, you think they will tell the PA that? I mean, I thought we heard the PA said, "What if PHX moves to QUE?" and you think the League's answer is "They will play in the Pacific Division for a year?"

Old
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNNumbers View Post
And, you think they will tell the PA that? I mean, I thought we heard the PA said, "What if PHX moves to QUE?" and you think the League's answer is "They will play in the Pacific Division for a year?"
I thought we heard that the PA doesn't have a say in the League's business of relocation and expansion. Anything Daly tells the PA about relocation plans, if there are any immediately at hand, he'll be doing it as a courtesy. Perhaps I'm wrong though, I really don't know about this, other than what I remember reading somewhere.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:54 PM
DJ Omnimaga

I wouldn't mind if my team played in the Pacific for a year as long as home games don't start at 9-10 PM. In fact I'm not even sure if bands and teams are even allowed to use Le Colisée past a certain hour in the night. If Winnipeg can start its home games at different hours despite playing in SE then Quebec should be allowed to.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
LeafShark

Quebec City could always just trade places with Winnipeg... at least get the teams in the right conferences...

Closed Thread