HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

Old
02-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
All Brad and no Nash makes Torts a dull boy.

Nice avatar

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Nice avatar
That's a bingo.

02-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Hey who's up early? Sucks even more after a loss

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:28 AM
iceman9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Who can sleep!!!..
I thought NY POST would say Torts !! Fired!!.. Now that would make Larry Brooks very happy.. lol.lol.

iceman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:28 AM
NikC

TSN NHL homepage

I had to laugh at the NHL page on tsn.ca...

"Surging jets finish off impressive road trip with victory over injury-riddled AND SLUMPING Rangers...

They had make sure that everyone knew its not just injuries, it's because we suck too!

No pro Canadian bias there...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Since 5:20 a.m.

02-27-2013, 07:53 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

If there is a play that sums up the Rangers season to date it is that 3 on 1 with Stepan. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Either that or Jokinen scoring twice.

Ironically I will be saving this game tape to (hopefully) share with my unborn son one day for the sole purpose of highlighting the play of Ryan Callahan. Spectacular performance.

02-27-2013, 08:11 AM
iceman9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I had to laugh at the NHL page on tsn.ca...

"Surging jets finish off impressive road trip with victory over injury-riddled AND SLUMPING Rangers...

They had make sure that everyone knew its not just injuries, it's because we suck too!

No pro Canadian bias there...
Well they did go like 4-1 on the road trip

iceman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:16 AM
lJuicel

Honestly been refreshing twitter this morning expecting some sort of news to break on this team. A shake up is needed.

lJuicel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:38 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

When your sniper passes on a prime scoring chance and there's 0 sog on a 3 on 1, you know they have no confidence.

Last night half the offense was started by Stralman.

But Callahan, at least he is trying tolead by example (last night). His shift was the loudest the garden got all night.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I recall someone mentioning that Stepan's controller died on that 3-1 in the GDT.

**** was hilarious.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Anyone expecting the Adams award finalist to be fired after 1/3 of a shortened season, with a lineup decimated by injury isn't in touch with reality. It's just not gonna happen.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:42 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
I recall someone mentioning that Stepan's controller died on that 3-1 in the GDT.

**** was hilarious.
Honestly, that's somehow more believable than any other **** they could feed us

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:47 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Well they did go like 4-1 on the road trip
? go back to sleep.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Mashinter earned a one-way ticket back to Hartford last night. Man, he was brutal in limited minutes.

Although Torts needs to explain why Mashinter found himself out against the likes of Jokinen and Kane.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:54 AM
mrmovies779

LOL@people blaming Hank for this loss.The guy had no chance on 2 of those goals because the defense left him out to dry.I sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games or just go by box scores

Kanes 1st goal,no goalie in the league was stopping as it was a perfect shot.Both of Jokinens were into empty nets because Hank had to scramble because nobody on the ice wanted to clear the puck or pick up a man.Kanes last goal was the only 1 Hank should have had.People forget the Jets had like 16,17 shots alone in the 2nd period.If it wasnt for Hank,they might have scored 4 or 5 in that period alone.But yes,Blame Hank

When you have Eminger and Gilroy as your 3rd pairing,you're in a world of trouble.Credit Gilroy for at least playing a decent game.
Eminger just sucks.

Last edited by mrmovies779: 02-27-2013 at 09:27 AM.
mrmovies779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

If nothing else, Cally shut up all the people calling for him to "do something." I don't know what else you can ask of your captain than to lay it all on the ice like he did last night.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
LOL@people blaming Hank for this loss.The guy had no chance on 2 of those goals because the defense left him out to dry.I sometimes wonder if people actually watch the games or just go by box scores

Kanes 1st goal,no goalie in the league was stopping as it was a perfect shot.Both of Jokinens were into empty nets because Hank had to scramble because nobody on the ice wanted to clear the puck or pick up a man.Kanes last goal was the only 1 Hank should have had.People forget the Jets had like 16,17 shots alone in the 2nd period.If it wasnt for Hank,they might have scored 4 or 5 in that period alone.But yes,Blame Hank

When you have Eminger and Gilroy as your 3rd pairing,you're in a world of trouble.Credit Gilroy for at least playing a decent game.
Eminger just sucks.
Really? I thought Eminger was our best D-man last night. Played physical and was huge on Cally's goal. Stralman does come a close second though.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:04 AM
lJuicel

Quote:

Eminger just sucks.
I thought Eminger looked decent, it was Gilroy laying in the crease on Jokinen's second goal. Either way, minus McD and DZ our D looks less then pedestrian.

lJuicel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:09 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lJuicel View Post
I thought Eminger looked decent, it was Gilroy laying in the crease on Jokinen's second goal. Either way, minus McD and DZ our D looks less then pedestrian.
To be fair, how many teams could lose a couple of top 4 defensemen and not be in trouble?

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
If nothing else, Cally shut up all the people calling for him to "do something." I don't know what else you can ask of your captain than to lay it all on the ice like he did last night.
I'll never forget how dejected he looked on the bench after they scored 1 minute after he had that monster shift to kill the penalty.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:14 AM
mrmovies779

Quote:
Really? I thought Eminger was our best D-man last night. Played physical and was huge on Cally's goal. Stralman does come a close second though.
I dont know..Eminger turned it over alot last night and was out of position alot it seemed.Gilroy was better to me and provided some decent chances offensively.Either way,we can agree that them as our 3rd pairing is a disaster.

I also thought Stralman was our best defenseman by far last night and has been our most consistant 1 all year along with McDonagh

mrmovies779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
I dont know..Eminger turned it over alot last night and was out of position alot it seemed.Gilroy was better to me and provided some decent chances offensively.Either way,we can agree that them as our 3rd pairing is a disaster.

I also thought Stralman was our best defenseman by far last night and has been our most consistant 1 all year along with McDonagh
I thought Gilroy played relatively solid too. That said, McDonage and DZ can't come back soon enough.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:20 AM
NikC

Quote:

Eminger just sucks.
i noticed you didn't mention the 3rd goal by Peluso that should have been stopped as well as the 4th.

Even on the fourth goal, which is unforgivable for a goalie of his stature, was let in at such a crucial time that it all but killed the momentum we were building...

Let me know, when is it ever ok to blame a loss on Henrik? He's been good so far this year, but far from great. We needed him to step up last night, and quite frankly he didn't...

We needed him to step up last year in the ECF... and he didn't....

Old
02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I feel that Gilroy's been earning his stay for the most part

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote