HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis - Philadelphia (Briere)

Old
02-27-2013, 10:42 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
St. Louis - Philadelphia (Briere)

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...f_address.html

"The Blues are a different story. General manager Doug Armstrong visited Philadelphia for the second time in three home games, and also caught the Flyers in Toronto on Feb. 11.

According to sources, Armstrong has been asking for forward Danny Briere."

The article also says Flyers want Shattenkirk, anybody with half a brain could of told you that.

Clearly it would take more than just Briere to get Shatty but with Briere, what else do you think we need to add?

I think Briere would waive his NMC. The article says Briere said he doesn't see himself playing for anybody else, but that's all business. What else is he supposed to say in that position? I love Danny B but we need his cap space.

EDIT: Flyer fans, please queue the he won't waive due to divorce reasons that everybody loves to use on this site. I just posted the rumor and am speculating what we'd need to add to get Shattenkirk.

Last edited by SchennSational1022*: 02-27-2013 at 11:00 AM.
SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Shattenkirk has been our best dman all year, yes, better than Petro. He isnt going anywhere.

But to play along, Brayden Schenn or Courterier needs to come back if Shattdueces is leaving.

edit: not saying it would be straight up, but just that it would take a young player like that to get us to consider moving him.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Concussed

Could something like Ian Cole + work for the Flyers?

Concussed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed View Post
Could something like Ian Cole + work for the Flyers?
Yes, definitely IMO.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Snotbubbles

Not gonna happen. Briere wouldn't be a centerpiece for a player of Shattenkirks potential.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:48 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Shattenkirk has been our best dman all year, yes, better than Petro. He isnt going anywhere.

But to play along, Brayden Schenn or Courterier needs to come back if Shattdueces is leaving.
Some flyer fans will thrash me for this, but I'd trade Coots for Shatty. It's really a no brainer in my eyes. Their potential are comparable but what makes Couturier SOMEWHAT expendable in my eyes is Schenn's emergence as the 2nd line center. I really don't want a Jordan Staal type situation in the upcoming years with all these centers ...

WE have Laughton coming up also, and while his potential clearly isn't as great as Couturier's, he'd bring exactly what Coots is bringing RIGHT NOW to our lineup.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...f_address.html

"The Blues are a different story. General manager Doug Armstrong visited Philadelphia for the second time in three home games, and also caught the Flyers in Toronto on Feb. 11.

According to sources, Armstrong has been asking for forward Danny Briere."

The article also says Flyers want Shattenkirk, anybody with half a brain could of told you that.

Clearly it would take more than just Briere to get Shatty but with Briere, what else do you think we need to add?

I think Briere would waive his NMC. The article says Briere said he doesn't see himself playing for anybody else, but that's all business. What else is he supposed to say in that position? I love Danny B but we need his cap space.
It's going to be tough to even get a draft pick for Briere right now. He's the perfect player for cap floor teams this coming summer as his actual salary goes way down but his cap number doesnt. Right now though, I think it's wishful thinking in Philly that they can get anything of value for him in trade.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Brownie21

vCash: 457
Send a message via AIM to Brownie21
Briere will refuse to waive his NMC.

Brownie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
SpezDispenser

Even if he waived his NTC, there's zero chance you could get Shattenkirk back for Briere - come on...

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Briere might not be playing that well right now, but it's no real different than any other year. He steps up big time when it counts.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie21 View Post
Briere will refuse to waive his NMC.
Do you think he would refuse to come to a young, up and coming team like the Blues? I know he has said before he doesnt want to leave Philly but if a good situation like STL seems to have I could see him waiving it, I dont know really know though, thats why im asknig

Old
02-27-2013, 10:57 AM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Briere would be the perfect player for St.Louis IMO. Doubt the Blues would get him though if the Flyer's asking price is Kevin Shattenkirk.

02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
McNasty

I would say Ian Cole or Ty Rattie would be reasonable targets for the Flyers. I don't think St Louis would be interested in moving Jake Allen for him.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Do you think he would refuse to come to a young, up and coming team like the Blues? I know he has said before he doesnt want to leave Philly but if a good situation like STL seems to have I could see him waiving it, I dont know really know though, thats why im asknig
I think his reasoning has more to do with not wanting to uproot his kids since he has 2 years left after this one.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not like the Flyers are any slouch. They have a mix of young and old, and are threats every year.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Cole + Conditional pick. (1st-for cup, 2nd for West finals, 3rd anywhere else)

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Some flyer fans will thrash me for this, but I'd trade Coots for Shatty. It's really a no brainer in my eyes. Their potential are comparable but what makes Couturier SOMEWHAT expendable in my eyes is Schenn's emergence as the 2nd line center. I really don't want a Jordan Staal type situation in the upcoming years with all these centers ...

WE have Laughton coming up also, and while his potential clearly isn't as great as Couturier's, he'd bring exactly what Coots is bringing RIGHT NOW to our lineup.
I see your reasoning behind wanting to deal Couturier for Shattenkirk but the bolded just isn't true. You honestly think the Flyers could send out Scott Laughton every shift to match up with Malkin/Kovalchuk/Tavares/Stamkos and the rest of the top players in the east? I'm a fan of Laughton but it's a reach he will ever be in the same league defensively as Couturier.

As for Briere to St. Louis, I think it makes a lot of sense. As others have said though, a trade of Briere for Shattenkirk is unlikely. Shattenkirk just holds much higher value at this point in their careers and I'm not sure what Philly could add to Briere to get Shattenkirk to make it worth it. What type of player is Ian Cole? I see he was a 1st rounder in 2007 and has had sometime with the Blues. What is his value compared to Briere's?

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:02 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Even if he waived his NTC, there's zero chance you could get Shattenkirk back for Briere - come on...
Did I or anyone else say that, at all? No. I said what would we need to add, and in the article it clearly states that Briere wouldn't even be close. Read...

Old
02-27-2013, 11:05 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Not like the Flyers are any slouch. They have a mix of young and old, and are threats every year.
Oh absolutely, I didnt mean it like that, Flyers are actually my second fav team.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:10 AM
416Leafer

I dont see what Philly could add (that theyd be willing to add) to Briere to entice St. Louis to give up Shattenkirk.

St. Louis has a young core that can be together for a long time. You dont trade your young #2 D for a 35 year old forward.

I agree with the above poster that said to get Shattenkirk, it would have to be a deal around one of Schenn or Couturier, with something added on one side or another (Im not interested in getting into specifics).

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:11 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
I see your reasoning behind wanting to deal Couturier for Shattenkirk but the bolded just isn't true. You honestly think the Flyers could send out Scott Laughton every shift to match up with Malkin/Kovalchuk/Tavares/Stamkos and the rest of the top players in the east? I'm a fan of Laughton but it's a reach he will ever be in the same league defensively as Couturier.

As for Briere to St. Louis, I think it makes a lot of sense. As others have said though, a trade of Briere for Shattenkirk is unlikely. Shattenkirk just holds much higher value at this point in their careers and I'm not sure what Philly could add to Briere to get Shattenkirk to make it worth it. What type of player is Ian Cole? I see he was a 1st rounder in 2007 and has had sometime with the Blues. What is his value compared to Briere's?
I agree with the defensive part, though I like Laughton's physical game a lot more than Coot's obviously.

Old
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

I don't think we could give up Cole; that would leave us with a dearth of NHL-ready, left-handed defencemen, which would *kill* us if anybody went down with an injury. You have to deal from a position of strength, not weakness, so it would have to be a winger going back.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I don't think we could give up Cole; that would leave us with a dearth of NHL-ready, left-handed defencemen, which would *kill* us if anybody went down with an injury. You have to deal from a position of strength, not weakness, so it would have to be a winger going back.
Which one?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:13 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I dont see what Philly could add (that theyd be willing to add) to Briere to entice St. Louis to give up Shattenkirk.

St. Louis has a young core that can be together for a long time. You dont trade your young #2 D for a 35 year old forward.

I agree with the above poster that said to get Shattenkirk, it would have to be a deal around one of Schenn or Couturier, with something added on one side or another (Im not interested in getting into specifics).

Yet again for the third time, nobody is proposing that. I'm asking what we'd need to add on top of Briere.

Like I said, I'd trade Coots for Shatty pretty easily, maybe St. Louis would add a pick to that. If St. Louis was offering up Cole for Briere I'd also jump on that, only if Briere is definitely gonna be traded in flyers eyes. I'd obviously love to keep him and his playoff resume. The guy really is an animal in the playoffs.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:15 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Which of your wingers would you honestly want to give up for Briere that would make it worth it for us?