Notices

The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 09:42 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

vCash: 500
I just dont get what yeo is doing in regards to playing granlund on the 4th line or benching him, kid needs to play

Old
02-25-2013, 09:45 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I just dont get what yeo is doing in regards to playing granlund on the 4th line or benching him, kid needs to play
Maybe not crushing his confidence or getting him injured?

Old
02-26-2013, 01:03 AM
JamesRanger

It bothers me that the 'system' relies on us completely outworking our opponent. Any idiotic system will work if you completely outwork your opponent. I'd prefer a system that wins because its a superior system.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
For everyone complaining about the Wild's system:

Russo wrote an article just for you!

Old
02-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Systems don't win the games in the NHL. As Russo and Yeo and others said it's the execution of the system that's going to win you a game. Wild are not executing it consistently nearly enough.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
This article if anything, for me, states its the coach. If it aint the players, if it aint the system. Then its the coach!

Old
02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
forthewild

Russo was on KFAN today and he talked about how he feels that Yeo's trying to appease to the vets by not doing things like scratching Heater, and not wanting to put the kids on the PP.

I ****ing hate that, the message should be, "the only thing you will get from me is what you earn" play like **** go sit, work your ass off get top PP tme, etc. Yeo comes in and talks about this "work ethic" "responsibility" ya****ingdada and you have this ****. Grow a ****ing pair, put the dogs in the pressbox and see how they react. If Heater/who ever wants to ***** show them the ****ing door.

Don't get me wrong, I know players go through tough times, but you have to draw a line, if the player who sits starts *****ing about it, you let them go. If Heater gets benched for a game or two and comes back pouty he can go **** a goat, you get paid 7 million a year to perform if you ain't doing your job **** off.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
This article if anything, for me, states its the coach. If it aint the players, if it aint the system. Then its the coach!
Who said it's not the players? They're the ones not executing.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:48 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
Who said it's not the players? They're the ones not executing.
If they are not executing its the coach. Execution is a coaching job. If you have terrible players that cannot properly play its on the GM.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
That's what you took away from the article? The article about how Yeo's system isn't the problem?

Quote:
If they are not executing its the coach. Execution is a coaching job. If you have terrible players that cannot properly play its on the GM.
Oh boy. You're a tough little nut to crack. Let's see...

Quote:
"Parise said the Wild's offensive troubles are 'not a system issue.'"

"'A lot of teams play the same way in the league, and what it comes down to is who does it better. And I think we're pretty inconsistent in how we play our system,'"
Even Parise disagrees with you, bud.

At what point do the players take responsibility for their own poor play? You continue to blame the coach while players admit they're poorly executing the same system that dozens of NHL teams use.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Stand by my comment that while every team may play dump and chase, they don't do it with the frequency of the Wild. And the Wild don't retrieve the pucks or even lay hits. Maybe they're dumping the puck too hard. Go a little softer and you won't have to skate so far to get it.

Either way, they can dump and chase like the other 29 teams but if they aren't winning games, eventually Yeo's going to be working on his resume.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
That's what you took away from the article? The article about how Yeo's system isn't the problem?

At what point do the players take responsibility for their own poor play? You continue to blame the coach while players admit they're poorly executing the same system that dozens of NHL teams use.
Do you honestly believe that two class acts like Parise and Koivu are going to call out their coach in the press? If Parise and Koivu have a problem with Yeo the last place you will hear about it is in an interview with Russo!

Old
02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Sportserie

It was mentioned that Pittsburgh plays this way. Well, yes, and they also have the best player in the game in Crosby, Malkin, and the list goes on. Pittsburgh can score at will, they can hold possession. The Wild get one scoring chance and two seconds later they are playing defense.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Do you honestly believe that two class acts like Parise and Koivu are going to call out their coach in the press? If Parise and Koivu have a problem with Yeo the last place you will hear about it is in an interview with Russo!
It's easier to call out your team mates?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
It's easier to call out your team mates?
Yes! The right answer is "we must do a better job as a team" not "our coach is a moron" even if you think the coach is a moron.

It ranks right up there with CF last week saying he was sticking by Yeos side, even if that wasn't true he damn sure is not going to answer a reporters question by saying "i don't think our coach knows what he is doing but we will see".

I love Russo but he knew exactly what Parise and Koivu would say. That article was about Russo validating his stance on the dump and chase and was not at all about what Koivu and Parise think about the Wilds version of dump and chase.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
MN_Gopher

Quote:

Have you been around spots very long?

Everything is fine until the day you get fired or traded. Very few teams in any sports, OK the NBA, point the finger openly.

Like i said if it is not the system.

Its
A. The coach. Get a new one.
B. The players. Get different ones.
So
C. We need to fire Yeo or make some trades. CF just got the 2 best FAs and has Granlund, Zucker, Brodin and Coyle all playing well. GM looks fine.

We did beat CAL but again 1 regulation goal. Not going to get it done. I wanted to give Yeo the year. Now i see the home and home with COL as the mark. If we are not in 8th after that series he has to go.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Listening to Lou Nanne yesterday, he talked about the Wild's inability to transition from defense to offense due to players not moving their feet. It made me think about how Yeo likes to keep his forwards down so deep in the zone that they can barely break out. It seems for Yeo's system to succeed, they need a LOT of speed on the wing so players can skate the puck out of the zone, otherwise we're seeing a lot of turnovers (HEATLEY) and chip and change.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:17 AM
DANOZ28

my own passionate fan responce to the russo article is A. we are last in the nhl in GF and B. pens had atleast 2 current allstar forwards with talent & speed playing that system. this is our first year with one current allstar (parise), i say thats a HUGE difference mr russo.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Dee Oh Cee

He said not only did hte Penguins do it but the final 4 teams in the playoffs last year did it so that included LA, PHX, and NJ.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
He said not only did hte Penguins do it but the final 4 teams in the playoffs last year did it so that included LA, PHX, and NJ.
OK.
NJ Parise, Kovalchuk, Elias, Henrique, Clarkson, Brodeur. Sykora's been around long enough
LA Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Doughty, Quick. Williams had a solid year. Got Carter at the trade deadline.
PHX. Had 9 guys with over 10 goals. Balance.

MN had 6 guys with 10 or more goals. We do not have the list of stars. Thats the difference between working it and wearing you down vs being able to weather a few storms.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:07 PM
forthewild

Zach Parise said it best, its not the dump and chase that is to blame is the lack of effort from the guys on the ice to do the work needed to make it work. Dump and Chase means you chase the ****ing puck down, you get your body in there and cause havoc not just coast with a weak stick poke when the guys gets by you. you need to move your feet, and that goes for everyone on the ice.

Simply put the Players are not doing the work needed, they are being lazy and not efficient.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

We're NOW concerned about goals? We've been last in goals (or bottom half) for close to a decade now. And now we're getting our panties in a bunch?

Old
02-27-2013, 04:32 PM
JamesRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
We're NOW concerned about goals? We've been last in goals (or bottom half) for close to a decade now. And now we're getting our panties in a bunch?
An increase in NHL talent causes an increase in expectations.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Zach Parise said it best, its not the dump and chase that is to blame is the lack of effort from the guys on the ice to do the work needed to make it work. Dump and Chase means you chase the ****ing puck down, you get your body in there and cause havoc not just coast with a weak stick poke when the guys gets by you. you need to move your feet, and that goes for everyone on the ice.

Simply put the Players are not doing the work needed, they are being lazy and not efficient.
This.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Listening to Lou Nanne yesterday, he talked about the Wild's inability to transition from defense to offense due to players not moving their feet. It made me think about how Yeo likes to keep his forwards down so deep in the zone that they can barely break out. It seems for Yeo's system to succeed, they need a LOT of speed on the wing so players can skate the puck out of the zone, otherwise we're seeing a lot of turnovers (HEATLEY) and chip and change.
are you basing this off something? The heatley-specific dig, i mean--we are turning the puck over a lot (it seems) but Koivu and Parise are every bit as bad as Heatley in that regard from what I've seen.

Closed Thread