HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

Old
02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
If nothing else, Cally shut up all the people calling for him to "do something." I don't know what else you can ask of your captain than to lay it all on the ice like he did last night.
What a shift when his stick broke, he was like a one man gang out there, he energized the whole crowd, but then unfortunately he had to leave the ice and they went back to sleep and the Jets scored right away...gutless

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:24 AM
mrmovies779

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i noticed you didn't mention the 3rd goal by Peluso that should have been stopped as well as the 4th.

Even on the fourth goal, which is unforgivable for a goalie of his stature, was let in at such a crucial time that it all but killed the momentum we were building...

Let me know, when is it ever ok to blame a loss on Henrik? He's been good so far this year, but far from great. We needed him to step up last night, and quite frankly he didn't...

We needed him to step up last year in the ECF... and he didn't....
errrm,Peluso didnt score the 3rd goal.Hank stopped the shot and the rebound went right to Jokinen who roofed it into the half empty net

I also did bring up the 4th goal and said that 1 Hank had to stop.Perhaps you should go back and actually maybe,i dont know,read my post

Edit:Heres what i said in my 1st post about hank when i did mention the 4th goal that you somehow missed

Kanes last goal was the only 1 Hank should have had

Last edited by mrmovies779: 02-27-2013 at 09:35 AM.
mrmovies779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Great- Cally's one man show shift with broken stick
Good- Cally the rest of the game
Bad- The rest of these losers
Ugly- Hank fanning on Kane's wrist shot killed us

Old
02-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
.Credit Gilroy for at least playing a decent game.
Eminger just sucks.
Eminger logging 20:33, you know you're in trouble...

Old
02-27-2013, 09:30 AM
mrmovies779

Agreed.It's even worse when the alternative is Bickel for 10 minutes or more a night..

Old
02-27-2013, 09:33 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Last nights game REALLY pissed me off.

First, of all players its ****ing Jokinen who nets two, at MSG. ****ing Jokinen. Guy did jack for us when he was here, and every time I see his face it reminds me of the final shootout fail against Philly that year to miss the playoffs. Then he decides to bury two against the Rangers. **** him and his stupid face. OMG i wanted to jump into the TV and slap him.

Few other bullet points.

Kane owns us (wish Rangers had someone like him, oh wait we have Gaborik - NOT)
I mentioned in one of the other threads that Henrik needs to find his beast mode now with some injuries to the lineup. Wasnt there.
This teams best defenseman is McDonagh, hands down - and it was very noticeable last night.
Bickel - WTF
Mashinter - Why is he getting so much time? I must be missing something here.
If Richards and Gaborik aren't going to be Richards and Gaborik - we'll its safe to say its just going to be another usual Rangers year.
Eminger takes a weak wrist shot to the net and a goal results. Yet the Rangers refuse to shoot or wind up to the rafters when they have a chance to from the point. Shoot the ****ing puck, from all angles below the hash marks. Trying to make perfect plays on the ****** MSG ice is like trying to get Torts to not say "jam" or "going through the process.
I was willing to be patient with the team, but its finished now. PP, Offensive chemistry... so frustrating.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmovies779 View Post
Agreed.It's even worse when the alternative is Bickel for 10 minutes or more a night..
Bickel cost us the 1st goal all he had to do was chip the puck to center ice and he couldn't

Old
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
mrmovies779

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
We needed him to step up last year in the ECF... and he didn't....
Yes,because Hank was the reason this team lost in the ECF.Not the fact that we were playing 4 defenseman basically 30 minutes a game.

Did you even watch any of the ECF?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Mashinter - Why is he getting so much time? I must be missing something here.
. Yet the Rangers refuse to shoot or wind up to the rafters when they have a chance to from the point. Shoot the ****ing puck, from all angles below the hash marks.
Hopefully he sits when Nash comes back...agree with you 100% shoot the puck...perfect example Steps on the 3 on 1, are you kidding shoot! Cycle the puck down low, for 30 seconds never registering a shot on goal then give up a 3-2 the other way because all 3 forwards are below the opposition's goal line...ugly....

Old
02-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
I mentioned in one of the other threads that Henrik needs to find his beast mode now with some injuries to the lineup. Wasnt there.

The 4th goal killed us

Old
02-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Bickel cost us the 1st goal all he had to do was chip the puck to center ice and he couldn't
Are you talking about the third goal? I put that on Mashinter. He had the puck and lost it along the boards. I also think Bickel and Gilroy were at the end of the shift.

I agree, he could have dove to knock the puck out of the zone but here's a question, where were the two other forwards on that play?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
Are you talking about the third goal? I put that on Mashinter. He had the puck and lost it along the boards. I also think Bickel and Gilroy were at the end of the shift.

I agree, he could have dove to knock the puck out of the zone but here's a question, where were the two other forwards on that play?
I think your right, because Mashinter made a bad play also

Old
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Cally stat line for game 1 goal +2 7 shots 5 hits (which is BS, he had 4 hits on 1 shift in 2nd period) 2 blocks (which is BS, he blocked 3 shots in the 2nd period alone) 26;02 Ice time 27 shifts

Old
02-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Cally stat line for game 1 goal +2 7 shots 5 hits (which is BS, he had 4 hits on 1 shift in 2nd period) 2 blocks (which is BS, he blocked 3 shots in the 2nd period alone) 26;02 Ice time 27 shifts
He had an amazing game and I agree about the stats. Richards had two giveaways on one shift and they had him for a total of one for the game.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
That loss is absolutely, positively, ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND PERCENT on Henrik Lundqvist.
Maybe 33% Lundqvist's performance, 33% Boyle's momentum killing penalty and 33% Richards playing Waldo for 60 freaking minutes

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Dangleberry

"LOL" pretty much summed it up, I thought we had a legitimate chance to tie the game. I'm not hitting the panic button just yet, but I'm keeping it within my sight.

BTW halfway during the first period half my entire row was empty so I called my buddy down and ****ing 5 minutes later everyone decides to show up. That **** pisses me the **** off.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
EEL

I'm really not that upset about losing, I'm tired of watching dump and chase. Players are scared to death to make a mistake and have El Duće punish them! It's safe for BB to throw the puck in and go try and run into defenseman that beats him to it. When's the last time he carried the puck over the blue line, kept possession and made a pass?................ Cue the crickets!
And don't get me started about the strategy of constantly throwing the puck behind the net over and over. Somebody needs to get the puck either to the point or even shoot it on net and look for deflection or a rebound for the love of everything holy!
And lastly- how about some urgency??! Before you have to pull the goalie.

EEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:59 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I want them to consistently play like they did the last 10 or so. Do that and I'm a satisfied camper (for now)

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I've grown tired of this lest-possible-offense-generation system we have.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:06 PM
shinchanyo

I laughed so hard in the GDT from this game. Kreider did eff up on that one goal though he had no pressure and the puck and taps it toward the blueline. The first 3 goals I was mad at ouyr D and team but obviously that 4th one was just.... Puke

Last edited by shinchanyo: 02-27-2013 at 06:13 PM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote