HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
alfstheman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
I got stream as well.
Sry but what where can I find stream?

Edit: nm i found it

Old
02-24-2013, 05:08 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
Sry but what where can I find stream?

Edit: nm i found it
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bsenshockeylive

Old
02-24-2013, 06:59 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
bookmark it

Old
02-24-2013, 09:30 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

AHL Hockey Returns To Utica Aud For 2013 - 2014 Season Flames...

The Flames Are Coming , The Flames Are Coming : Deal Done - AHL Hockey Returns To Utica Aud For 2013 - 2014 Season

By Don Laible

No longer rumor, but fact - professional hockey will once again be on display in New York's Mohawk Valley. An American Hockey League affiliate will be in operation for the 2013-2014 season. The Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League's western conference will be developing their talent in the Utica Memorial Auditorium. Utica last had an AHL team during the 1992-'93 seasson , the final season of the New Jersey Devils six-season run at the Aud.

Here's what we do know, according to a reliable source. A 10-year deal has been struck with the Flames. There had been discussion in previous months that an AHL affiliate could be relocated to Utica, but not until the 2014-'15 season, due to scheduling issues. As far as any opt-out clause in the deal, I don't know for sure if or when one has been added. However, you would think an escape route, for both parties ( local operators and the Flames ) would/should want one. 10 years is infinity and beyond in any relationship.

A lobbying firm in Albany is involved with those locally who will be managing the franchise. Two sources have informed us that public money is being pursed in conjunction with the return of professional hockey to Utica. There are a few phases of upgrades to the Aud planned. Skyboxes are in the plans to be added to the 54-year old arena, however it isn't clear at this time during what planning phase work will get under way.

Season tickets - At this stage of planning, no definite dollar amount has been decided. Once an official announcement is made, on or about March 23 of the Flames relocating their AHL franchise to Utica, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that telemarketing-like phone calls will begin.

Locker room / training facilities : Some cleaning out of rooms in the lower level of the Aud have already been done we are informed. To the right of the Utica College hockey locker room entrance, this is the space where the new locker room and training facility will be constructed. We are told that the UC teams ( men & women ) will have access to the training facility.

Scheduling : At this time, the UC men's schedule is said to be honored for next season.

Management : The well known, well experienced local management team in the hockey world are expected to assume management of the Aud, from concessions to parking. We understand that the area behind the Aud, where fans for UC games and other events park in the street, will be paved and made into a parking lot(s).

Video Scoreboard : Plans are to replace the current scoreboard with a modern video scoreboard , of which UC games would have access to.

Ironically, in 1993 when the Devils relocated their AHL franchise to Albany where they became known as the River Rats, it was the Calgary Flames who purchased the team and relocated to St. John, New Brunswick.

Will there be support for professional hockey in the Mohawk Valley? This is the several million dollar question. If you study the attendance figures of the Utica College men's program, the answer would be a resounding - yes. Ticket prices are an important factor when kids and families have continued to support the programs. At $6.00 for adults and $2.00 for non-Utica College students, the games are highly affordable. AHL ticket prices clearly will be north of what UC charges. This is where recruiting season ticket and mini-plans, and single-game ticket sales will get a bit sticky. UC fans, as well as hockey fans in general, would have to get used to paying higher, professional hockey ticket prices.

Clearly, the local management team leaders know the region well and are experienced in every facet in the operation of an AHL franchise. They will be investing greatly in bring professional hockey back to the area. It appears that they have the cooperation of all the necessary parties needed to make this project succeed.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

^ I don't get it..surprised an area like Utica again will be able to successfully support an AHL hockey team in that old run down Arena..

Then again, there's Glens Falls..

Old
02-25-2013, 02:15 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Ski I'm from Rome and I used to drive out to Utica to see the Devils/Blizzard/Prowlers and I think Calgary is making a huge mistake. I think Utica is just a black hole for professional hockey teams. Half of Utica is on public assistance or paying massive fines due to police citations or parking violations. The team will be financially in the red the minute they step on the ice. Sorry Utica but that's just how it is.

If anyone does go out they go to UC games because that's the only legitimate hockey in the MV.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:09 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Why would Calgary want to mvoe their team from Abbotsford? I guess travel finances for the AHL team?

Old
02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Word on the Flames board is Vancouver wants to push them out and move the Canucks farm team in there. Also, a Flames team in Vancouver doesn't carry a good fan base. I don't know what the attendance figures are but those are some of the things discussed in the Flames board. I really think it's a stupid move for Calgary and I have absolutely no idea how the city of Utica, sometimes spelled "toilet", enticed them to move there.

Old
02-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident View Post
Ski I'm from Rome and I used to drive out to Utica to see the Devils/Blizzard/Prowlers and I think Calgary is making a huge mistake. I think Utica is just a black hole for professional hockey teams. Half of Utica is on public assistance or paying massive fines due to police citations or parking violations. The team will be financially in the red the minute they step on the ice. Sorry Utica but that's just how it is.

If anyone does go out they go to UC games because that's the only legitimate hockey in the MV.
That's because tickets are only $6..wait til they have to pay near $20 for AHL hockey..

Utica's main source of employment came by the way of Utica Club brewery way back when, crap beer but cheap..

Edit;check that, they're still around today producing Saranac

Last edited by Ski: 02-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 12:17 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Kramer suspended 3 games.....

The American Hockey League today announced that Binghamton Senators left wing Darren Kramer has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of leaving the players’ bench on a legal line change for the purpose of starting an altercation in a game vs. Albany on Feb. 23.

Kramer has already served one game of his suspension, and will also miss Binghamton’s games Friday (Mar. 1) at Hamilton and Saturday (Mar. 2) at Toronto.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:56 PM
BigZKingK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
The American Hockey League today announced that Binghamton Senators left wing Darren Kramer has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of leaving the players’ bench on a legal line change for the purpose of starting an altercation in a game vs. Albany on Feb. 23.

Kramer has already served one game of his suspension, and will also miss Binghamton’s games Friday (Mar. 1) at Hamilton and Saturday (Mar. 2) at Toronto.
So only suspended because he start a fight? Or he jump a guy or something?

Old
02-26-2013, 02:10 PM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZKingK View Post
So only suspended because he start a fight? Or he jump a guy or something?
it was a legal line change AFTER a whistle. the previous play had been whistled dead for whetever reason and Janssen was headed to the bench, Kramer came off the bench i assume to play his next shift when he tapped Janssen on the rear with his stick and said lets go.

it looked to me like Kramer came off the bench with the sole intention of fighting Jenssen.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
If QC gets a team, I would not be surprised if they get St. Johns as their affiliate and Winnipeg takes the Chicago wolves as theirs. Unless Chicago wants to be like Toronto and have their affiliate in their town.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post

That's because tickets are only $6..wait til they have to pay near $20 for AHL hockey..

Utica's main source of employment came by the way of Utica Club brewery way back when, crap beer but cheap..

Edit;check that, they're still around today producing Saranac
Yeah basically anything coming from Utica is crap and cheap. I don't recall the exact price when I went to Prowlers' games I don't recall paying $20 and people quickly stopped going to those games too. I think UC has a lot more support because it is a college with an obligated fan base with the students. Also, looking at the roster I see Horseheads, Clinton, Buffalo, New Hartford among the locations so I'd bet that plays a role in neighboring townships like Clinton and New Hartford where people actually pay attention to hockey.

I'm not trying to be contradictory but I just think this is a huge mistake. Utica doesn't deserve the benefits of a hockey team and the Flames AHL team doesn't deserve to be dragged through Utica's problems.

Old
02-27-2013, 04:28 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

02/24/2013
Ian Keserich (G)
Binghamton DEL
Released from PTO

Old
02-27-2013, 07:19 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Hoffman, & Stone injury updates.........

Luke was on Ottawa radio saying mid March latest for Hoffman and Stone............

Old
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
Milan Michalek and Mark Stone were the Senators skating before the team takes the ice for practice this morning. #nhl #sens

Whoa..since when did he get called up? Hey Ottawa, you do know we have a team in Binghamton right??

Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
sens83

Quote:
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
Milan Michalek and Mark Stone were the Senators skating before the team takes the ice for practice this morning. #nhl #sens

Whoa..since when did he get called up? Hey Ottawa, you do know we have a team in Binghamton right??
Yeah I saw that too and did a WTF face at my phone.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB

amazing...

Old
02-27-2013, 10:58 AM
tenpinsplit

i think clear day rosters are within the next week or so.

cant wait....

Old
02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
i think clear day rosters are within the next week or so.

cant wait....

I heard they got rid of clear day rosters...is that not true?

Someone has to come back down at some point right? Right?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post

oh i dont know. maybe i did read something about that. if true it will take the pressure off ottawa to actually help us down the stretch.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Effing BS what's going on..had enough

Old
02-27-2013, 11:08 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post

you are right, just read they got rid of them.

players will have to clear waivers to be sent down.

who in ottawa does or does not have to clear?

Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
oh i dont know. maybe i did read something about that. if true it will take the pressure off ottawa to actually help us down the stretch.
Quote:
Effing BS what's going on..had enough
My guess is that their thinking is "oh we will send them Pumpel and Noesen" when their season are over. Probably Ceci too, but by time the junior leagues season's end, it will be too little to late to learn the system.

Closed Thread