HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
I would trade every last one of these dogs. To get punked at home by that team last night is just not right. None of the starters have any balls.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I would trade every last one of these dogs. To get punked at home by that team last night is just not right. None of the starters have any balls.
I'm blowing the team up and keeping Holliday. This team is a joke. I hope Bynum has nightmares from being such a scoundrel.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:03 AM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

vCash: 400
Get rid of Collins too. It pisses me off what that dude does to some younger players. Moultrie plays like 5mpg. Same with Vucevic being in Collins's doghouse last year. Now this year with real playing time he averages a double double. Turner is misused too by the coach.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:23 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Get rid of Collins too. It pisses me off what that dude does to some younger players. Moultrie plays like 5mpg. Same with Vucevic being in Collins's doghouse last year. Now this year with real playing time he averages a double double. Turner is misused too by the coach.
Yep. I like Doug, but c'mon. He criticizes Hawes and Lavoy in the press conference because they only had 1 and 2 rebounds respectively, but they each played 20 minutes, while Moultrie gets 5. No matter how bad they do, they still play, and when they come out it's just so he can rotate in Wilkins or Ivey with Dorell at the 4. Not acceptable, especially on a team that's sinking fast.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Collins was right to bury the team. Holiday and Thad are the only players who seem to care.

It's sad when you're resigned to playing Jeremy Pargo and Damien freakin Wilkins 30 minutes a night AND they lead your team in scoring.

Collins does have a thing against rookies, but it's not like playing Moultrie more would change much. And I can't blame him for the gong show he has to work with. They gave KWA-ME BROWN! a 2 year deal to ride the bench. :

He pretty much owned Hawes in his presser. "Vucevic had 19 rebounds, Spencer had 1."

I do think Wright should play more though. He's one of their best scorers but seems to be in the dog house for some reason.

Can't believe they turned down Smith for Hawes and Turner. At the absolute worst you're freeing more cap space and ridding the softest C in the league and an underachiever who doesn't seem to fit.

Oh and guess what? If we ever get out of the lottery, we owe 1sts to Miami (Moultrie trade) and Orlando (Bynum trade). I'm not sure how long those picks are protected for.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Collins is probably going to resign before getting fired. He's never stayed in one place more than 3 years. He lives in Philly though, so it might be different.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
This is a soft fragile team with basically no talent outside of Jrue. When you have this little talent, you have to do all the effort things like rebound and defend. They do neither.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:37 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
OT but basketball related...kind of. Anyone see Dennis Rodman in North Korea hanging out with Kim Jong-Un? WTF is going on? Some kind of Argo-esque mission???

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...er-kim-jong-un

Quote:
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman met North Korea's Kim Jong Un on Thursday on the third day of his improbable journey to Pyongyang, telling the leader "you have a friend for life," a delegation spokesman said.

Old
03-01-2013, 02:08 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Philly DA offers to investigate Bynum for fraud

Well I have to say the Bynum trade is worse than Ruland's.....at least Sixers got some games out of Jeff. Looks like Skip Bayless wasn't so wrong afterall...

Jeesh..Bynum makes Leighton look like a petty criminal...

Quote:
Andrew Bynum met with the media today and said many, many upsetting things.

The “76ers center” experienced swelling in his knee after a recent scrimmage, setting back any progress that had been made to this point.

“I don’t really know [if I'll play this year].” (This contradicts February 19's quote, ''I'll definitely be back sometime this year.'')

“I don't want to play in pain.”

"I feel like it’s my life. I’m 25 and I don’t want to have no cartilage.”

It was clear that things were getting all too real for the city of Philadelphia and its basketball team when the district attorney, Seth Williams, responded to the news.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...for-fraud.html

Old
03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Well I have to say the Bynum trade is worse than Ruland's.....at least Sixers got some games out of Jeff. Looks like Skip Bayless wasn't so wrong afterall...

Jeesh..Bynum makes Leighton look like a petty criminal...
Eh, at least with the Bynum trade you could see their thinking and say that it made sense. They took a smart risk that unfortunately is unlikely to work out. Nobody was criticizing this move at the time. And even if he never plays for us, they'll get some cap space out of it. If nothing else, it moves us out of the middle, which is the worst place to be in the NBA, and towards the bottom.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Eh, at least with the Bynum trade you could see their thinking and say that it made sense. They took a smart risk that unfortunately is unlikely to work out. Nobody was criticizing this move at the time. And even if he never plays for us, they'll get some cap space out of it. If nothing else, it moves us out of the middle, which is the worst place to be in the NBA, and towards the bottom.
I suppose that is the pragmatic way of looking at it...but wonder who is experiencing more pain....the fans or Bynum?

It was a calculated risk no doubt but no less costly.....3 first rounders (if you include Iggy). Granted they were going to be middle of the pack if they stayed put but man what a disastrous season to have to witness and experience. I feel bad for Collins the most...he's got a bunch of dawgs besides Holliday and a few others like Thad..

Let's just hope they get a legit draft pick ...not a Kenny Payne type!

Old
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
RussianRocket10

Dude is a bum. I really wish he wasn't on the team anymore.

Old
03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
I suppose that is the pragmatic way of looking at it...but wonder who is experiencing more pain....the fans or Bynum?

It was a calculated risk no doubt but no less costly.....3 first rounders (if you include Iggy). Granted they were going to be middle of the pack if they stayed put but man what a disastrous season to have to witness and experience. I feel bad for Collins the most...he's got a bunch of dawgs besides Holliday and a few others like Thad..

Let's just hope they get a legit draft pick ...not a Kenny Payne type!
This season was definitely a pain to watch, but I don't feel too bad for Doug because he had a big hand in crafting this roster and his offensive philosophy leaves a lot to be desired. You're dead on with your last line; we need an impact player to put with Jrue and Thad.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
If Bynum wasn't an impending UFA and didn't have injury and maturity problems, I'd be fine with moving Harkless.

I could easily see him leaving for like Dallas or Brooklyn next summer.
Quote:
If Bynum wasn't injury prone, immature and an impending UFA, emphasis on the latter, then I wouldn't care. But he is all those things.

If we weren't giving up Iggy or just Iggy straight up like originally, I'd be fine. But we coulda got a better return for Iggy separately without being in this deal.

I'm even fine with Vucevic and the 1st being involved. But I would not have included Harkless.
Quote:
Welp, Bynum had a set back and is out indefinitely. We all knew his proneness to injury was one of the cons in the deal. So none of this is unexpected.

Let's hope he plays at all this year. As upset as I was that we included Harkless, the trade was still a win-win. You were either getting an elite C or a lot of cap space. Right now cap space is ahead in the race.

So, um ya.

They should just cut their losses at the end of the year and hope a few years in the basement get them a superstar.

But that's hard to find now a days as nearly everyone leaves college after one or 2 years before they're ready and never reach their max potential.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:01 PM
dawkins121

so in the big 3 team trade the Sixers gave up the 2nd best player who is an all star and Olympian (Iguodala), the third best player who might be a stud rebounder and better centers in the league (Vucevic), a promising young first round player (Harkless), and a future 1st round pick for... one player who's career is likely over after 33 games with the team, and one player who might never play again because of bad knees and still might be need to be paid as much as you can possibly pay a player.

I will never complain about Eminger for a 1st ever again.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

We lost this trade severely.

I don't give Bynum another cent after this season.

This team is most likely screwed for the next few years. No worthy FA's are signing here. The only way out is the draft.

Hindsight 20/20 but it would be cool watching a lineup of Holiday, Turner, Harkless, Young, and Vucevic...

Old
03-02-2013, 08:12 AM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

Quote:
Looks like Skip Bayless wasn't so wrong afterall...
Don't give him too much credit. He was a huge supporter of the Sixers and Bynum until more health reports came out. Skip is a clown to the highest order.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Robbieb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
We lost this trade severely.

I don't give Bynum another cent after this season.

This team is most likely screwed for the next few years. No worthy FA's are signing here. The only way out is the draft.

Hindsight 20/20 but it would be cool watching a lineup of Holiday, Turner, Harkless, Young, and Vucevic...
Guys come on, Vucevic was and still is horrible...

Old
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieb7 View Post
He's not horrible. While I agree that a lot of fans seem to be blowing things out of proportion based on his counting stats, he seems to be about a league average starting C and he's only in his second year. He's definitely better than anything we've put out on the floor this year. Still, I find the trade to be completely defensible.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieb7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
He's not horrible. While I agree that a lot of fans seem to be blowing things out of proportion based on his counting stats, he seems to be about a league average starting C and he's only in his second year. He's definitely better than anything we've put out on the floor this year. Still, I find the trade to be completely defensible.
he rebounds the ball, which nobody else on this team can do.

personally, I am still fine with the trade as long as they dont resign Bynum. They have freed themselves up for the future with cap space. they have been irrelevant for over the past decade, and at this point who cares if they are like that for the next few years. Maybe the get lucky with the draft.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Cleary=Jerry Gergich

Royal Ivey last night.

Also Rich Bucher is reporting that Bynum has degenerative knees, same thing Brandon Roy and Greg Oden have. I knew that was always a possibility. Hopefully that's the clincher that makes them not re-sign him.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Royal Ivey last night.

Also Rich Bucher is reporting that Bynum has degenerative knees, same thing Brandon Roy and Greg Oden have. I knew that was always a possibility. Hopefully that's the clincher that makes them not re-sign him.
Isn't Oden supposedly considering playing? Maybe we can get at least ONE game out of him...

Old
03-06-2013, 09:08 AM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

I hope to God Bynum is gone next year. Maybe we can fare decently well in an NBA draft! Can't recall if it's happened in the last 20 years....

Old
03-06-2013, 07:02 PM
mm6492

We traded for a guy with degenerative knees....

Old
03-06-2013, 07:18 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
We traded for a guy with degenerative knees....
Lakers prolly knew the deal......we were the suckers to bite. The sad thing is that teams are willing to still take a chance on him next season and the Sixers might still be one of them. I say they just move on and waive the white flag considering this whole drama has been nothing but red flags..

Closed Thread