HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scuderi in informal talks for new contract

Old
02-27-2013, 10:40 AM
no name

vCash: 500
I bet DL works his magi and talks Scuds people into signing at a lesser term.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Two years would be fine. I think a move like this indicates that Mitchell's return may be in doubt.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:17 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I don't think Scuderi is gonna sign a sweet-heart deal, he's gonna want the same money and 3 years at least. He walked out of Pittsburgh after winning the cup and went for a bigger contract and if Lombardi wants to keep him he's gonna have to make him a good offer. A lower tier club is gonna offer him big bucks if he gets on the market, you can count on that. A two time stanley cup winning d-man who can play on a top pairing and mentor young d-men? What bottom half team isn't looking for one of those?

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
topliner967

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I don't think Scuderi is gonna sign a sweet-heart deal, he's gonna want the same money and 3 years at least. He walked out of Pittsburgh after winning the cup and went for a bigger contract and if Lombardi wants to keep him he's gonna have to make him a good offer. A lower tier club is gonna offer him big bucks if he gets on the market, you can count on that. A two time stanley cup winning d-man who can play on a top pairing and mentor young d-men? What bottom half team isn't looking for one of those?
This is probably likely. He is getting close to end of his career (presumably), and may want to earn as much as possible. Then again, Scuderi might be very happy in LA and might take a slight cut to stay with the team, we'll see.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Pay the man his money, he deserves it. Dump Stoll or some other useless salary if necessary. I haven't bothered to look at the Kings Cap situation but it can't be that bad. There is certainly some fat that could be trimmed. You aren't going to find a better replacement for any cheaper so no reason to penny pinch with this guy.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote