HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013, 2nd overall, Florida) III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
  #126
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,513
vCash: 500
Of the top 5 this is the guy I most want on my team.

Nihiliste is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
  #127
SaekkiPaelli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
He is almost the complete package, if not for his skating, but he has a big frame so maybe that'll be enough. Time will tell, just worried, personally he would be my number 5 or 6 pick.

SaekkiPaelli is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 07:11 AM
  #128
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Jarmo Kekäläinen stated at TSN draft podcast that he tried to recruit Barkov very hard to Jokerit. So he obviously likes him alot.

thomast is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:16 AM
  #129
Misfire Puck
Registered User
 
Misfire Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Jarmo Kekäläinen stated at TSN draft podcast that he tried to recruit Barkov very hard to Jokerit. So he obviously likes him alot.
Link?

Misfire Puck is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
  #130
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfire Puck View Post
Link?
http://www.tsn.ca/window/podcastcent...id=15834&id=65

thomast is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
  #131
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Was bit late on posting podcast link.

Leehh is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
  #132
Nikoy
Registered User
 
Nikoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Goal and an assist in the first period already!

Nikoy is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
  #133
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Barkov and the rest of Tappara are currently humiliating their local rival Ilves. 1+1 for Barkov so far and two more periods to go.

Gaps is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
  #134
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Jarmo Kekäläinen stated at TSN draft podcast that he tried to recruit Barkov very hard to Jokerit. So he obviously likes him alot.
Also, what I have read between the lines (when Kekäläinen was commentator for Finnish TV Channel at WJC), he hasn't praised Barkov that much somebody else would do. He praised a lot of guys who were already drafted. That's why I think he is really high in him. You don't want to show your cards.

Henkka is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
  #135
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,108
vCash: 500
Barkov looks lethargic out there. He may have a flu?

Loffer is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:14 PM
  #136
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Barkov and the rest of Tappara are currently humiliating their local rival Ilves. 1+1 for Barkov so far and two more periods to go.
I don't think Ilves can be humiliated anymore than what they've done to themselves this season.

Jussi is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 12:52 PM
  #137
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I don't think Ilves can be humiliated anymore than what they've done to themselves this season.
Yes, well, I guess it's all relative. Their off-ice actions have left a lot to be desired, that's for sure, not to mention the on-ice performances. Another ugly loss for them, you'd think they'd at least want to go to relegation with some dignity.

Gaps is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:07 PM
  #138
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,108
vCash: 500
Ilves is not that bad team. A lot of underrated quality players. But they have no clear-cut game plan, not even yet. Even barkow would be clueless if he played in Ilves.

Loffer is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
  #139
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
21G+25A=46 points and 5 games to go. It seem to be very interesting if he can break up 50 points.

Someone should update an link from his assist today. Impressive, he displays his underrated speed in that assist.


Last edited by thomast: 02-27-2013 at 02:02 PM.
thomast is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 02:19 PM
  #140
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...81688_v8.shtml

At 0.18 of his clip there is his assist. I see alot of Malkin in that assist. Look at that speed... He has developed with gigantic steps in that department this year and is still developing. He could be very good skater after next summer if he developes at this rate. Right after that play you'll see his goal. Watch closely his positioning in that whole shift and his quick release.

thomast is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 02:22 PM
  #141
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...81688_v8.shtml

At 0.18 of his clip there is his assist. I see alot of Malkin in that assist. Look at that speed... He has developed with gigantic steps in that department this year and is still developing. He could be very good skater after next summer if he developes at this rate. Right after that play you'll see his goal. Watch closely his positioning in that whole shift and his quick release.
Nice plays by Barkov.

Sorry to all Ilves fans, but My God they are a horrible team.

heksagon is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
  #142
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...81688_v8.shtml

At 0.18 of his clip there is his assist. I see alot of Malkin in that assist. Look at that speed... He has developed with gigantic steps in that department this year and is still developing. He could be very good skater after next summer if he developes at this rate. Right after that play you'll see his goal. Watch closely his positioning in that whole shift and his quick release.
Oh God, he made every all of Ilves's players look like complete idiots in his pass. I know Barkov's good, but man, he was really facing a very weak opposition tonight

Gaps is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:05 PM
  #143
Needles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Yeah, Ilves is so bad it's not even funny. So I wouldn't put much (if any) weight on these kind of games. Pull an move like that in the World Championships this year, then we can start making Malkin comparisons.

Needles is online now  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:13 PM
  #144
Oan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
So I wouldn't put much (if any) weight on these kind of games.
Yeah, completely meaningless game, he could have just as well had 0+0 tonight and it would have had the same weight as 1+1 had. It's not even like his team is competing for a playoff spot or anything.

Oan is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:26 PM
  #145
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Yeah, Ilves is so bad it's not even funny. So I wouldn't put much (if any) weight on these kind of games. Pull an move like that in the World Championships this year, then we can start making Malkin comparisons.
Still he is 17 year old against FEL team and players. You're right that Ilves is an mess but that is impressive even against CHL teams. Did i compare him to Malkin? That play was very Malkin like thats all. How about his speed? Does he look fast just because of Ilves? If he skated like that against Jokerit would it be below average? You guys just can't deny that he looks very good skater in that clip regardless of opposition. Not
just speed wise but in agility aswell. We have to remember that he is 17 year old and 6'3 210ish lbs. I think that Barkov is very underrated skater. He doesen't seem to skate at full speed very often because he positions himself very well. But when he does he can suprise. Just compare that skating to last year. MAJOR difference. With that kind of developement he'll be good/very good skater after next summer.


Last edited by thomast: 02-27-2013 at 04:38 PM.
thomast is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
  #146
Kulleroinen
Oilers!
 
Kulleroinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
We have to remember that he is 17 year old and 6'3 210ish lbs.
I'm 6'6 and when I run in to him last week, I think that he is closer to 6'4 than 6'3. 210lbs+ sound about right. He is definitely bulking up.

I am seeing a lot of Sundin on this guy, it scares me.


Last edited by Kulleroinen: 02-27-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Kulleroinen is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
  #147
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
I'm 6'6 and when I run in to him last week, I think that he is closer to 6'4 than 6'3. 210lbs+ sound about right. He is definitely bulking up.

I am seeing a lot of Sundin on this guy, it scares me.
Why? This guy represents white and blue, not yellow and blue =)

Leehh is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
  #148
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Ilves is not that bad team. A lot of underrated quality players. But they have no clear-cut game plan, not even yet. Even barkow would be clueless if he played in Ilves.
Yes they are.

Jussi is online now  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:48 AM
  #149
tenho995
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Some comments here are just hilarious. Because using this kind of logic would mean that malkin should be ripped off his previous seasons hart because hes points (maybe 15-20) he made against weak tampa dont mean anything

tenho995 is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 07:50 AM
  #150
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenho995 View Post
Some comments here are just hilarious. Because using this kind of logic would mean that malkin should be ripped off his previous seasons hart because hes points (maybe 15-20) he made against weak tampa dont mean anything
Uhmm...that's because they don't. Not at HFBoards, where it matters.

Jussi is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.