HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I apologize. OHLTG is an easy target because of his entrenched views. He's still waiting outside WFCU to buy playoff tickets for 2013 I think.
Haha, I never wait in line for that stuff. I wait until the last min then pick it up. Perks of seasons tickets

Quote:
How about in the offseason going out and getting Schoenmakers and Clark?
Clark had 12 goals last year and is more of a pitbull in a china-shop guy than an one-dimensional enforcer. Schoenmakers had 50 points the year before with 10 fights. Not exactly a "tough guy."

Verbeek had 20 goals in 27 games for Lambton AAA. He wasn't brought in for fighting.

Studnicka is NOT a fighter, despite his 6.5 fights. He's more of a defensive forward who goes on occasion. Frankly, I didn't even know he was at 6-7 fights so far. I doubt he was brought in for that purpose, either. I will agree, though, that he hasn't really shown a distinct purpose so far.

Quote:
How can almost half of your top 6 forwards provide those numbers and not think the organization values toughness more than goal scoring ability, play making ability or ability to put pressure on the opposition? Three of those guys have eligibility for next year as well.
Who out of the guys you mentioned is a Top 6 forward?

Schoenmakers was maybe second line, but more likely third or fourth line; Clark is easily third or fourth line (played higher if no choice); Bilcke is third or fourth, Studnicka is fourth; Verbeek is fourth. There's not a top 6 forward in that bunch, when the lines are full. You need sandpaper guys in your bottom six, though. Maybe not as many as we have, I'll give you that, but you need them.

Quote:
The styles of Bilcke and Ryan. Well one got drafted and was playing in the AHL when he was 20 and 21. Bilcke was skipped over his draft year. He could be a free agent pick up but obviously an NHL team valued Ryan more than Bilcke.
Completely different styles, though. Ryan is a defensive, two-way grinding forward who fights if needed. Bilcke is more the Colton Orr type, where he'll go anyone and chip in offensively when he can.

Quote:
Bilcke and Clark are redundant to me and I don't see the reason why you have 2 of them. If it's because of the fight quota then that is silly keeping a guy around so a guy won't get in many fights.
A few reasons...

Keeping the target off Bilcke's back, having a 12-goal scorer on the team, and veteran leadership. The fight quota stuff isn't silly if you look at it from another viewpoint. Last season, you had Bilcke doing the majority of the fighting with Bowen going when he could. With the reduced fight rule, Bilcke can't go every time if he needs to. You bring in an experienced guy like Clark, who can chip in a few points, too, and now you've got a guy to help Bilcke out when needed. Clark might not be able to go the monsters of the league, but he can hold his own and defend teammates against just about about anyone.

Old
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
RayzorIsDull

Bowen and Clark each suspended 3 games by Boughner disciplinary reasons. They must have really screwed up bad. Didn't exactly put the greatest roster together this year. Hopefully this means Bowen isn't in the plans for next year. Clark providing good veteran leadership .

Old
02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
hockeylegend11

According to Windsor Star"s Jim Parker Spitfire coach Bob Boughner has suspended LW
Emerson Clark and D-man John Bowen for discipline reasons 3 games each,they will miss
games vs London,at Erie and Niagara this weekend
Also said Adam Bateman is recovering slowly from his concussion and remains out of the lineup
As well Pat Seiolff is feeling better,but remains out of the lineup and still might be shutdown
for the season
Interesting stuff re Bowen and Clark wonder what they did wrong to incur the wrath of
Boughner

Old
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
According to Windsor Star"s Jim Parker Spitfire coach Bob Boughner has suspended LW
Emerson Clark and D-man John Bowen for discipline reasons 3 games each,they will miss
games vs London,at Erie and Niagara this weekend
Also said Adam Bateman is recovering slowly from his concussion and remains out of the lineup
As well Pat Seiolff is feeling better,but remains out of the lineup and still might be shutdown
for the season
Interesting stuff re Bowen and Clark wonder what they did wrong to incur the wrath of
Boughner
Had to have been bad. Ho-Sang had to sit for a game, these two have to sit for the whole week. With all the injuries the ice time was there for numerous players but obviously a couple never got the message. Boughner is just fed up at this point I think.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:02 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Had to have been bad. Ho-Sang had to sit for a game, these two have to sit for the whole week. With all the injuries the ice time was there for numerous players but obviously a couple never got the message. Boughner is just fed up at this point I think.
Not wanting to hazard a guess publicly at this time other than to say they probably pushed the envelope knowing it would be very difficult for Boughner to discipline them given the position the Spits are in. Gotta give him credit for doing it though.

Clark will probably head off into the sunset (Oshawa) and Bowen might as well also, his chances of O/A just went down the drain.

Wonder if there are any warm bodies available to help fill out the roster for the remaining games? It could get really ugly....

Old
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Not wanting to hazard a guess publicly at this time other than to say they probably pushed the envelope knowing it would be very difficult for Boughner to discipline them given the position the Spits are in. Gotta give him credit for doing it though.

Clark will probably head off into the sunset (Oshawa) and Bowen might as well also, his chances of O/A just went down the drain.

Wonder if there are any warm bodies available to help fill out the roster for the remaining games? It could get really ugly....
Bowen still has another year before his O/A year comes up

Other then Brendan McCann,cant think of anybody else,though Mitch Graham"s season
with Stoney Creek may be ending soon

Old
02-27-2013, 02:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

Other then Brendan McCann,cant think of anybody else,though Mitch Graham"s season
Also Ryan Verbeek returns to the lineup on Saturday at Erie

Old
02-27-2013, 02:31 PM
OHLTG

I just heard about the Bowen/Clark stuff. While I don't know details, I'm told they deserved what they got and it's not curfew related. I'd be interested to know what happened.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
SpItFiReZ

Let them both go, followed by Studnicka in the offseason.

Can teams pick up and OA still? If so, it would be nice to see Rychel waive Aleardi to give him a playoff chance (provided he's willing to go)

Old
02-27-2013, 03:50 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Let them both go, followed by Studnicka in the offseason.

Can teams pick up and OA still? If so, it would be nice to see Rychel waive Aleardi to give him a playoff chance (provided he's willing to go)
In answer to your question teams cannot pick up players from other teams waivers
or otherwise
In regards to Studnicka I dont agree with your stance,he is a effective 17 year old
checking forward who plays the game with a bite to it,will never considered a scorer
but he is solid on the Pk,willing to block shots,and like i said is aggressive and actually
has a good hockey IQ

Old
02-27-2013, 04:31 PM
punch1943

Quote:

Thanks for the correction on Bowen...Hope he can mend things up quickly. A terrible time for this to happen.

I'm guessing (correct me if I'm wrong) that only players that are on the 50 man list would be eligible to play and only players on Spits B/C cards. You couldn't bring up a player like Myles Doan,,,,

Old
02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Sec108

I read the article by Parker on Bowen and Clark.....just wondering since theyre both tough guys if they got into some fisticuffs.Not a team thing to do this late in the season.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Sec108

Did anyone see this hit by Rupert , talk about intent to injure.And Branch only gives him 10 games.Wait till you see it, remember when Kassian got 20 for catching that Kennedy with his head down.

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Jero.../view/14871197

and people think theirs no conspiracy against Bogie/WR.who ever thinks that has their head in their butt.

Side note......Grubauer gets first start for Caps vs Flyers.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Did anyone see this hit by Rupert , talk about intent to injure.And Branch only gives him 10 games.Wait till you see it, remember when Kassian got 20 for catching that Kennedy with his head down.

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Jero.../view/14871197

and people think theirs no conspiracy against Bogie/WR.who ever thinks that has their head in their butt.

Side note......Grubauer gets first start for Caps vs Flyers.
I agree if Kuhnhaclk got 20,Rupert should have got 20,even yahoo sports thinks
Rupert got off lightly

Old
02-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Ottomatic

We all know Branch is a joke and Hunter basically calls the shots whenever London is involved in any league actions.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:03 AM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
We all know Branch is a joke and Hunter basically calls the shots whenever London is involved in any league actions.
Why was he even suspended then?

Old
02-28-2013, 06:19 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Thanks for the correction on Bowen...Hope he can mend things up quickly. A terrible time for this to happen.

I'm guessing (correct me if I'm wrong) that only players that are on the 50 man list would be eligible to play and only players on Spits B/C cards. You couldn't bring up a player like Myles Doan,,,,
Other players that would be available other then players on the 50 man protected list
excluding 16 year old American born players not signed before Dec 31/12 are that of your affiliate club in this case La Salle,any player on their roster 17 -19 yeas of age,no overagers who wishes to give up their college eligibility,ie Dylan Denomme,Scott Prieur
or Korry Morgan

Old
02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
hockeylegend11

Game day vs the Dark knights
Spits are 2-1 in their last 3 games,have scored 15 goals in that stretch but allowed 19
Will go into the game tonites game with only 17 players dressed,2 goalies,6D, and 9 forwards. 7 players are not dressing for the game,4 due to injury including 3 Dmen,1 due to league imposed suspension[Verbeek} and 2 due to team imposed suspension{Clark,Bowen}
Knights are only 6 pts ahead of Belleville for the overall league standings in pts,as Belleville won its 10th straight game last nite
Just think the Spits would be in 8th tied with Missy and Nfalls had they been in the East,2 pts up on Kingston and 6 pts up on Peter,instead of 9 pts behind Saginaw
Spits record against top 4 teams in the East is 3-2-1-2,including 2 shootout loses vs Belleville

Old
02-28-2013, 10:37 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Other players that would be available other then players on the 50 man protected list
excluding 16 year old American born players not signed before Dec 31/12 are that of your affiliate club in this case La Salle,any player on their roster 17 -19 yeas of age,no overagers who wishes to give up their college eligibility,ie Dylan Denomme,Scott Prieur
or Korry Morgan
Is there a reason why organizations don't put their 50 man protected list on their website? Major League Baseball puts their 40 man roster on their website. I am sure every OHL team knows everybody elses 50 man protected list.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:57 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Is there a reason why organizations don't put their 50 man protected list on their website? Major League Baseball puts their 40 man roster on their website. I am sure every OHL team knows everybody elses 50 man protected list.
I get what u are saying wish every team did put up their 50 man lists
I know at the draft every team puts in their deletions so that new batch of
players can be added on,except we never see that list either

Old
02-28-2013, 11:49 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Khunhackl's hit on Murphy and Kassian's hit on Kennedy both resulted in injuries to the receiving players. This hit by Rupert is dumb and malicious, but he really didn't harm Strong at all. He was right back out there. Not defending the hit or knocking Strong, it's just what happened.

A similar case with the Knights' Kevin Raine on two different suspensions both this year before he was traded. First, he hurt a player by shoving him with one hand (something that goes uncalled countless times a game) and received 6 games which was unbelievable to most fans. 2 months later, he does the MMA fighting at center ice, the player was not hurt at all and he only received 3 games. I don't think you'll find many who agree with any suspension lengths partially because of league inconsistency and partially because fans like to complain. Just trying to point out that suspensions happen to your hometown team all of the time when you think you're getting ripped off but I really doubt the League is intending to favour another team.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I get what u are saying wish every team did put up their 50 man lists
I know at the draft every team puts in their deletions so that new batch of
players can be added on,except we never see that list either
So the Spits will delete all 14 09 draft picks at the end of this year? I imagine a 10 draft pick like Deeley has been deleted, Vespi and maybe a couple more. I doubt many 11 picks have been deleted and it balances out with acquiring players like Koekkoek and trading Maletta. I take it McCann is/will be deleted, maybe McNaughton. So they probably have close to 20 spots to fill come draft time?

Old
02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
OHLTG

That type of reasoning bothers me. Two guys crunch players into the boards from behind: Player A hurts the guy for the season, while Player B has his guy out for one shift, then he's back on. Same hit, just different victims. Why should they get different penalties or suspensions? Penalize the intent, not the result. Everyone's body responds differently to situations. I was hit from behind playing hockey back in 2005. It wasn't vicious, but I didn't see it coming (head down, facing the corner). In the OHL, it'd have been two-min for CFB. I'm still feeling the effects.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:57 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
That type of reasoning bothers me. Two guys crunch players into the boards from behind: Player A hurts the guy for the season, while Player B has his guy out for one shift, then he's back on. Same hit, just different victims. Why should they get different penalties or suspensions? Penalize the intent, not the result. Everyone's body responds differently to situations. I was hit from behind playing hockey back in 2005. It wasn't vicious, but I didn't see it coming (head down, facing the corner). In the OHL, it'd have been two-min for CFB. I'm still feeling the effects.
I don't disagree with you, I'm just stating that the league has always been more harsh when the player is injured. See Michael Liambis on Ben Fanelli.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:21 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I don't disagree with you, I'm just stating that the league has always been more harsh when the player is injured. See Michael Liambis on Ben Fanelli.
Re the Kassian hit Kennedy missed a total of 6 games,while Kassian got 20,and when the spits went before the league they had frame by frame picture evidence that at the pt of collison Kassian"s feet was still on the ground,it was the thrust of the hit that appeared to make him look like he flew into him,as well the spits provided evidence that Kennedy"s helemet was not fastened properly,explains why the helmet flew off and resulting back of head injury,the league its ruling that it was convinced there was no attempt to target the head but gave him the 20 anyways
Rupert clearly leeped,should have been 20 games when considering the Kassian
penalty

Closed Thread